• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leipzig Games Convention

AdmiralViscen said:
gc_monday_04.jpg

Are they trying to make us think of Spider Man?

the whole ps3 is actually just pr hype for spiderman 3.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
BenjaminBirdie said:
That was already confirmed last week, wasn't it? No playable PS3?

Probably.. but I'm old... and old people have trouble with memory loss, so be kind to your elder forum members.

GhaleonEB

BenjaminBirdie said:
That was already confirmed last week, wasn't it? No playable PS3?
Yup, but seeing the set pics makes it sink in. Wait til...*sigh*
DarienA said:
Probably.. but I'm old... and old people have trouble with memory loss, so be kind to your elder forum members.
How old are you? I'm 29 and feeling pretty elderly these days. :lol

The contrast with the MS set is stunning. Trees/part theme vs the stark metal. Really different approaches.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
GhaleonEB said:
How old are you? I'm 29 and feeling pretty elderly these days. :lol

35, 36 at the end of the year. No I'm not the oldest forum member, there are a few older than me... thank god.

dkeane

Didn't Microsoft have a similar theme last year? I could just be dreaming but I think they had a sort of park setting. I like it.

Playstation booth is cool but I wish they'd take a cue from Nintendo, playing=believing. I want impressions of how these games are playing! Guess we'll have to wait for TGS.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Stopsign said:
Is there still a chance Nintendo will have the Wii playable there? They could just be hiding the truth.

That would really jab into Sony's side. It would be perfect.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
GhaleonEB said:
The contrast with the MS set is stunning. Trees/part theme vs the stark metal. Really different approaches.
Isn't that the same theme that MS used at last year's convention?

tegdf

Rocked said:
What time will the press conference be in the UK?

this is from eurogamer.net

Nintendo - 10.15 BST / 11.15 CET
Microsoft - 11.30 BST / 12.30 CET
Sony - 16.00 BST / 17.00 CET

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
DarienA said:

How old are you? Damn 80!!

:O

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
tegdf said:
this is from eurogamer.net

Nintendo - 10.15 BST / 11.15 CET
Microsoft - 11.30 BST / 12.30 CET
Sony - 16.00 BST / 17.00 CET

What does that mean in EST?

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
sorry to ask a very simple and :lol--type question, but when does the convention begin?

Is it today, tomorrow, or was it yesterday? And when (PT) do the conferences begin and what day?

Thanks.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
sorry to ask a very simple and :lol--type question, but when does the convention begin?

Is it today, tomorrow, or was it yesterday? And when (PT) do the conferences begin and what day?

Thanks.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->

Thanks.

wow, triple post......

[Nintex]

dirtmonkey37 said:

Thanks.
Its GMT+1 I guess so do the math.

SantaC

Stopsign said:
Is there still a chance Nintendo will have the Wii playable there? They could just be hiding the truth.

Playable for Press = Yes
Playable for public = No

that's what I heard.

SantaC

Kid Icarus coming?

Matt-IGN said:
Don't pass out or anything. This is really JUST a rumor at this point and we have no reason to believe it's true. But that said, one of the things floating around GC 2006 right now is that Nintendo may announce a new Kid Icarus for Wii.

Again, a rumor. R-U-M-O-R. And it's more likely to be false than not, which is why I'm merely posting it to the boards right now.

Say it with me: Rumor.

Good. Now that we have that out of the way, sure would be pretty cool if it could, by some chance, turn out to be true.

Matt

wow if true :D

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_general_board/b8263/125252370/p1/?5

SantaC

koam said:
I made another thread for the kid icarus stuff since people will miss it here. Hope you don't mind.

oh I don't mind at all. But since matt said rumor like 5 times, I passed over making a new thread :p

artist

Banned
gonknoggin said:
Let's see what the show has to offer. I'll be there tomorrow night for registration and then again from Wednesday to Saturday. On Wednesday I'll attend the major press conferences and with all the Wii and PS3 rumors and speculations I'm particulary interested if Microsoft surprises us with something not expected... We'll see...

The access badge for the Microsoft press conference looks pretty spiffy, I think:

xboxpress.jpg
Isnt that similar to the "big guy small guy" theme from the Zune viral campaign? :lol I wonder if Microsoft's surprise is the unveiling of Zune. :D

pswii60

irfan said:
Isnt that similar to the "big guy small guy" theme from the Zune viral campaign? :lol I wonder if Microsoft's surprise is the unveiling of Zune. :D

It better not be, what the hell does Zune have to do with gaming? And if suddenly it DOES have something to do with gaming, it'll interest me about as much as a pink PSTwo.

I want new 360 news godamnit! come on MS, surprise us, do something good again like you did at E3! :)

P.S. Zune might actually interest me if it wasn't for the fact yet another damn MP3 player can't match iPOD's 60gb. I though the Zune was going to offer 80gb or 120 gb, but no, it's sounding like 30gb all over again :(

Top Bottom