• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leon S.Kennedy is 37 years old!

Gustav

Banned
I had no idea he was that old. The games don't make it seem like its been that long.

16 years of difference there. Also, Ada Wong is 40 and Chris Redfield is 41 years old!

With these characters getting so old I reckon RE7 might be the last one featuring these characters as main protagonists. Bearing that in mind, how would you like or expect Capcom to handle the endings of these iconic characters?

I'll go first. Obvious one. Leon and Ada get married or get together. I get it Capcom, I know what your trying to do with the teases but stop.

What a ridiculous fucking hairdo.

RedSwirl

As for the future of the franchise, I'm pretty sure RE6 was trying to push the idea of Sherry and Jake as new protagonists going forward. Claire definitely needs to star in another game, as she hasn't starred in a main game since Code Veronica.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So on a similar note, I've been playing through RE4: Wii edition recently, and while I'm really enjoying it, and can appreciate the obvious mechanical depth and design that's going on... why do people continually claim that this game is the starting point of modern TPS games? It controls nothing like them. Before playing, I assumed moving the Wii pointer would move the reticule along a bounding box, moving the screen as well (a la every other shooter), but nope. You have to use the movement analogue stick to move the screen, with the pointer just aiming the reticule within the screen. While I get that it's a pretty cool system for a horror shooter, this is completely different from every post-Gears shooter out there, and I don't see where the influence is supposed to be. Character movement is different, the aiming system is different, I just don't see this template that has supposed to have been passed on to all TPS games since. Not when Chaos Theory came out before RE4, and mechanically has all the composite elements of modern TPS games, despite being a stealth game (over the shoulder aim, left stick moves, right stick aims, reticule bloom, sticky cover, etc etc).

Am I missing something here. Because as much as I'm enjoying RE4, I'm enjoying it as an idiosyncratic game that plays completely uniquely from any other shooter, not as something that had a clear effect on the industry.

It nailed down the iconic camera angle and the "stop and pop" gameplay style.

I think its form the movie Damnation.

Here's Leon from RE 6

RE6-Leon.jpg

I think its about time we saw Claire as a main character again. She missed 5 and 6.
Okay, RE6 Leon looks a lot more familiar. Good stuff.

See what I mean.

I feel like RE4 and Remake have better models then 5 and 6

360px-Jill_4.jpg

Time to save this thread

REmake-Jill2.jpg

Jill_Remake.jpg

I got classic Jill covered.

dolphin_2014_01_12_12_05_04_99_by_aloo81-d7t843y.png

dolphin_2014_01_12_12_04_38_66_by_aloo81-d7t8444.png

Ooccoo

They could just REmake the second game and people would eat it up instantly. Unfortunately Shinji Mikami is gone so that will probably never happen.

I'm pretty sure the next Resident Evil will seal the deal of the series. They need to have another RE4 that will blow us away. Not sure they can do it without Mikami.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
They could just REmake the second game and people would eat it up instantly. Unfortunately Shinji Mikami is gone so that will probably never happen.

I don't really think that's the case unfortunately.

“With Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, and all the rest of the series before Resident Evil 4, I was always saying to the staff, ‘Scaring the player is the number one thing.’ But for the first time, in Resident Evil 4, I told the team that fun gameplay is the most important thing. That’s what I said. Then the second thing [would be ] nothing. And then the third thing is to be scary. That’s what I said to the team. That all came out of the commercial failure of the Resident Evil remake. And then of course Resident Evil 4 sold really well. I have kind of a lingering trauma there, because the Resident Evil remake didn't sell – much more than people would think.”

Reported numbers elsewhere are around 1.2~ million copies.

Resident Evil 0 sold pretty far under expectation too, and both coming out near each other with neither selling particularly well probably convinced Capcom that that style of Resident Evil wasn't worth investing in.

Chris was 25, Jill was 24 during the mansion incident.
Its crazy to think in RE6 Rebecca(18 during RE1) would be 33, basically 10 years older than Jill was in 1.

Would make it really interesting to see her again in a future game as a matured and experienced BSAA agent.

Sadist

She was the underage daughter of the President of the United States.
Uh, she's actually 20 during the events of RE 4.

Its crazy to think in RE6 Rebecca(18 during RE1) would be 33, basically 10 years older than Jill was in 1.

Would make it really interesting to see her again in a future game as a matured and experienced BSAA agent.
Is she with the BSAA then? I know that she's still alive in the current RE universe, but as far as I know they never had any details about her current whereabouts.

It still baffles me that Leon didn't take that 'overtime' Ashley offered him.

Leon is better than that.

Resident Evil 0 sold pretty far under expectation too, and both coming out near each other with neither selling particularly well probably convinced Capcom that that style of Resident Evil wasn't worth investing in.

Thats because it was a gamecube exclusive. Should of put it on that PS2 which was dominating.

Is she with the BSAA then? I know that she's still alive in the current RE universe, but as far as I know they never had any details about her current whereabouts.
It's never said or implied what she is up to other than being alive.
But with her expertise and experience it would make sense for her to join her fellow teammates/survivors as a chemical/medical expert.

The BSAA had 11 founding members and Chris & Jill are the only two referenced, so its open for that possibility.

Jawmuncher

It's never said or implied what she is up to other than being alive.
But with her expertise and experience it would make sense for her to join her fellow teammates/survivors as a chemical/medical expert.

The BSAA had 11 founding members and Chris & Jill are the only two referenced, so its open for that possibility.

If they ever plan on ending the series.
I want a huge reunion. BSAA needs to be a lot of known characters that haven't been in the story for awhile .

DedValve

Banned

Resident Evil 4 only sold slightly better than REmake BEFORE it was pushed to PS2 and then went on a killing spree. The ports to PC and later Wii helped as well.

REmake wishes it could have gotten the same treatment.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Ah Leon S. Kennedy, one of the few male characters I actually enjoy playing as. Definitely one of the hottest video game guys, and easily the true male star of the Resident Evil series.

Amen. I was sad they uglied him up in 6, though. I also enjoy the repeated hints that he's gay or asexual. Now -that's- a revelaiton I want to see in BH7.

Mr_Zombie

Amen. I was sad they uglied him up in 6, though. I also enjoy the repeated hints that he's gay or asexual. Now -that's- a revelaiton I want to see in BH7.

Just so we're clear, we're talking about Leon? A guy who fell in love with Ada after seeing her for maybe two hours total in RE2 and tried to woo her ever since; a guy who tried to pick up Hunnigan at the end of RE4; a guy who clearly was into Angela in RE: Degeneration? Because... yeah, no.

Chris, on the other hand... :3

Aokage

Just so we're clear, we're talking about Leon? A guy who fell in love with Ada after seeing her for maybe two hours total in RE2 and tried to woo her ever since; a guy who tried to pick up Hunnigan at the end of RE4; a guy who clearly was into Angela in RE: Degeneration? Because... yeah, no.

Chris, on the other hand... :3

We are. Hunnigan may have been a co-worker jesting thing. He explicitly turned Angela down, as he did Ashley.

His relationship with Ada is interesting and does provide bait fodder. But I wanna believe my man Leon is... uh... Sexually liberated!

Aokage

Thats because he's into Ada.....can you not see that.

It's a valid interpretation. I can go for either. He's got something for Ada, no doubt. Bi, maybe. It's just about time for a queer main character in a major game franchise.

Jawmuncher

You know Resident Evil to me seems like the biggest series that could easily have a character be gay. Would be interesting to see how that would play out in a larger scope.

ibjmnBJxL1SI1w.gif

RE6 China Outfit Leon is best Leon. Dat vest.

Love how the RE series has a good variety in it's cast age wise and doesn't just stick to the 14-18 year olds you expect. The way they do it with keeping the old guard around and actually progressing them and the escalation of the world's BOW problems is great, while also introducing new faces to take up the reigns one day.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Fun fact: The guy who does Leon's voice now, Matthew Mercer, was the Merchant from RE4.
No, he wasn't. Paul Mercier did both Leon and the Merchant.

@topic: RE4 Leon is my most favourite videogame charcter ever. I still can't believe how they managed to make him this cool without going over the top. He was just perfect.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Really? I thought he said to on an interview. Damn, my RE-facts are all off today :/
If IMDB is to be believed Paul did both in RE4.

And yes, I still can't get over the fact that they dumped Paul Mercier als VA for Leon. Damn you Capcom!!!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You know Resident Evil to me seems like the biggest series that could easily have a character be gay. Would be interesting to see how that would play out in a larger scope.

Flirting and sexual tension all the time, never kiss.

Like the rest of the cast.

Top Bottom