• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Les Miserables the movie, starring Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenovox1

But this is what Taylor wore to Sundance. . .

taylor-swift-sundance--500x350.jpg

"They see me trollin', they hatin'"

Taylor has also recently been seen hanging around Les Mis producer Cameron Mackintosh's office. But, no, Sasha, Helena, and Taylor haven't been confirmed as of today.

And I need to see Patti LuPone in this somewhere, too.

dyls

Apparently Jackman is going to be Jean Valjean and Crowe is Javert

Geofrey Rush and Helena Bonham Carter are rumored to be the Thernadiers and Anne Hathaway as Fantine. It should be all sung so there should be no problem with Hathaway's accent.

Look for this to sweep the Oscars if they do this competently.

Oh God yes! That would make this a must-see for me. I like Sasha Baron Cohen just fine but the part is perfect for Geoffrey Rush.

taylor as eponine = puke. completely inappropriate casting. while I'm bitching, Lea Salonga was not a good choice for eponine either (great voice but she didn't capture the spirit of the character in her singing or in her acting) but swift would be awful.

doesn't matter as I won't be seeing this unless it gets spectacular reviews. there are a million film adaptations of the book and them musical has been performed in nearly every language with thousands of actors across the globe. let the story rest for 30 years.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Looks great for Les Miserables the movie, but I'm still skeptical that this will work as a musical. The memory of the great performances from the stage versions is too powerful for the movie to live up to it so easily.

Ohwiseone

First official still from the movie coming from Hugh Jackmans Twitter yesterday

Ao8W_n3CMAElYSy.jpg

@RealHughJackman Very excited about how the first days of filming are going!! Check out my convict look...but its changing soon

Looks good, been hearing some reports that they combined some of the book and the Broadway show, so it appears it might be a mix of both.

This is hopeless... the story's too big to properly fit in a single movie.

Edit: wait, what? It's a film version of the musical? Nevermind, then...

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
First official still from the movie coming from Hugh Jackmans Twitter yesterday

Ao8W_n3CMAElYSy.jpg

@RealHughJackman Very excited about how the first days of filming are going!! Check out my convict look...but its changing soon

Looks good, been hearing some reports that they combined some of the book and the Broadway show, so it appears it might be a mix of both.

Oh shit the Fountain 2?

Atrus

Gold Member
Liam Neeson's Les Miserables was awesome. This just reminded me that I should buy it. The recent musical anniversary is also great so I'm not sure what more this can add on top of this, but it's a nice story nonetheless.

Amir0x

Banned
Man, I really don't know if I can stomach this. Even watching that shit quality video, the entire time I couldn't stop mentally comparing Lea Salonga or Henshall or some of the others I've seen over the years to what I was hearing.

They should just dub this shit, no hope :(

Ohwiseone

Who is that? I need to do more research on her.

Her name is Samantha Barks, youtube her, she is a Broadway singer/actress.

She is one of the reasons as to why I like the Les Miserables Movie

Man, I really don't know if I can stomach this. Even watching that shit quality video, the entire time I couldn't stop mentally comparing Lea Salonga or Henshall or some of the others I've seen over the years to what I was hearing.

They should just dub this shit, no hope :(

Yeah, I can already tell the "live" on set-singing is really gonna be an adjustment. However, at least it looks pretty, and Seyfried looks alright as Cosette, and Crowe looks good too.

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah, I can already tell the "live" on set-singing is really gonna be an adjustment. However, at least it looks pretty, and Seyfried looks alright as Cosette, and Crowe looks good too.

i'm sure it'll look lovely, but man even that snippet of Dream just made me go D:

How can anything compare to Randy Graff's or Ruthie Henshall's performance of it? It's so obvious the differences in the way a truly talented singer like Ruthie Henshall interprets Dreamed a Dream and when amateurs interpret it. I've seen both type of performances, it's no comparison.

I just wish they would go back to the 10th Anniversary Performance concert and just dub the performances, this is too painful to watch >_<

Ohwiseone

I honestly need to hear how everyone else sounds before I make the final decision.

I like Hathaway's version..there is something raw and powerful about it. However, it is only 30 seconds. The biggest issue is that she is putting her own Spin on it, I mean it wont be as good as Salonga version (which I think is fantastic) Or Henshall, I just hope it won't come back and bite them in the ass.

I mean if she truly is terrible, at least she isn't in it for very long right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom