• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Lol, it actually dropped the red box of loot, but he can't open it because since he glitched them at the elevator door, whenever he presses X, it brings up the floor list.

Skrams

not like this

b2d3f224f4.png

96ad5159b98e9a4a02feb5dca5d4a0fabf73a7c01ae797f6b7c4372d9d735ac0.jpg

MKmGdVg.png

Lucent

So Jin-Die can't climb. Lol. I got her over halfway down and now I'm up on the platform just letting my health regeneration while she sings.

So Jin-Die can't climb. Lol. I got her over halfway down and now I'm up on the platform just letting my health regeneration while she sings.
I've had her teleport up top before. Only happened once, and she wouldn't come down, so it was probably a bug. But still... Not 100% safe up there.

Lucent

I've had her teleport up top before. Only happened once, and she wouldn't come down, so it was probably a bug. But still... Not 100% safe up there.

Actually she did that to me, too. I got her down to the last 15% or so and I was like "where is she?" And she went up. I finished her with a charged pick axe.

Lucent

The square with the up and down arrows mean there's an elevator on the floor right? Or no. Cuz I didn't find one on floor 6 at all and I'm about to go to floor 7 after killing Jin Die. My health isn't regenerating either.

Skrams

This really is the best way this could of ended since the mystery is only half figured out. We saw a jackal death and a loot box, but no loot. They also knew he wouldn't be able to open the box, so that's some good underhanded shit. I really love how interactive they are right now. It's great PR.

I think that's just her final phase. She won't come down after that. Got to be careful during that phase since she can easily knock you off for some heavy fall damage.

The square with the up and down arrows mean there's an elevator on the floor right? Or no. Cuz I didn't find one on floor 6 at all and I'm about to go to floor 7 after killing Jin Die. My health isn't regenerating either.

Yes, it should mean an elevator especially if the big ELEVATOR LINE is passing through it.

Uh oh. There are multiple elevators huh? I just got to a new one that starts in the dungeon on the alternate path :/

Yea there are sometimes different paths up the tower. On reddit, someone actually got to floor 25 without fighting the boss on 23 by taking a side path, which is how they got the grade 4 body. Though since the tower changes arrangement now and then, it might be different or gone.

Lork

...And both the the quest to kill all enemies with a Pickaxe in WANOKI and the one to climb from IKEGARA to KAMI-IKEDOI are bugged. Fantastic.

I'm getting really fed up with this shit.

Lucent

Floor 9 was short. Found the right path up. Just want to get to another elevator and unlock my rank 2 fighters.

Skrams

...And both the the quest to kill all enemies with a Pickaxe in WANOKI and the one to climb from IKEGARA to KAMI-IKEDOI are bugged. Fantastic.

I'm getting really fed up with this shit.

Now, I know a hater killed an enemy when I was in WANOKI doing the pickaxe quest, but I still completed it. It really seems incredibly up in the air about it though.
About an hour in, this game is fantastic. Why isn't the OT bigger?!

FF15, TLG, Dead Rising 4, Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2

Take your pick on why anyone isn't playing this currently compared to those.

So what the streamer found was that if you kill a Jackal there's nothing in the box or that it can get glitched in an elevator? I'm not sure I understand.

Lork

Now, I know a hater killed an enemy when I was in WANOKI doing the pickaxe quest, but I still completed it. It really seems incredibly up in the air about it though.
I'm pretty sure I've had multiple attempts at these kinds of quests in which there were no hater kills or friendly fire deaths and they still didn't work.

I'm rapidly losing my desire to continue playing this game. It's just so frustrating to waste a bunch of time to a run only to have it arbitrarily fail through no fault of my own.

Skrams

So what the streamer found was that if you kill a Jackal there's nothing in the box or that it can get glitched in an elevator? I'm not sure I understand.
Supposedly, he wouldn't of been able to open the box. That's what I gather at least.
I'm pretty sure I've had multiple attempts at these kinds of quests in which there were no hater kills or friendly fire deaths and they still didn't work.

I'm rapidly losing my desire to continue playing this game. It's just so frustrating to waste a bunch of time to a run only to have it arbitrarily fail through no fault of my own.

You should really stop wasting time completing arbitrary quests for a measly one death metal then. Just continue up the tower and have fun instead of wasting time on lower floors. I'm also using podcasts to entertain me while clearing up some lower floors if that's your thing.

Mandelbo

The box was unopenable because it spawned in the elevator, and trying to interact with it would only bring up the floor list.

squidyj

I should really push up the tower but i keep getting caught up in crafting, maxing my masteries and leveling my dudes before i head up.

+3 tier 2 machete and +3 tier 2 special forces gear are pretty strong as it turns out.
just about done leveling hockey stick then its on to the knife.

Edit: one tip for people getting raided, spend spend spend, especially on fighter slots
buy things before you log out that you might need later, this keeps your raid exposure limited

Riposte

Kind of lost on how to proceed. I have more money and materials than I know what to with. I guess I could keep going forward, but I don't want to waste this junk. My stats are all at "maxed" too.

How do the no armor quests work? I cleared out the two areas without wearing clothing, but nothing triggered.

OniBaka

Edit: one tip for people getting raided, spend spend spend, especially on fighter slots
buy things before you log out that you might need later, this keeps your raid exposure limited
Or leave your game on in the waiting room, pretty sure you can't get raided if you're in the waiting room.

Part of me wishes they had a check box systems so people once their based had been rated appeared as busted and so couldn't be raided again until the person playing was back. However that would mean the people who were active would get raided significantly more too. So "shrugs".

Oh also for the Stamp Rally. Are they on the floor corresponding with the order? I can't seem to find the floor 8 stamp, and I've been to and thoroughly searched each 8th floor area.

Lucent

Fought someone's hater on floor 11. He had a crown next to his name. I used the hockey sticky special attack. Didn't do much at all. Sometimes it doesn't pay to try something new. Lol

Phil Fish

Banned
LOL I beat Coen before (died 9 times), saved at the base, quit, came back just now and went to that same floor. I passed through the Coen boss fight room thinking Coen would still be dead but the fight triggered, holy shit. I was literally at zero death metals and I beat him with 6 HP left.

hbkdx12

Part of me wishes they had a check box systems so people once their based had been rated appeared as busted and so couldn't be raided again until the person playing was back. However that would mean the people who were active would get raided significantly more too. So "shrugs".

Oh also for the Stamp Rally. Are they on the floor corresponding with the order? I can't seem to find the floor 8 stamp, and I've been to and thoroughly searched each 8th floor area.

What they should do is make it so that when you upgrade your bank and tank, instead of increase the overall capacity, they should make it so that there's a minimum level in which any money up to that level is "safe" and can't be raided. This essentially allows you to actually have money when you need to buy the expensive stuff

As it stands now my bank can hold 80K and there's no way im ever going to have that much just lying around because it'll all just get taken. So now if i go on a run and come back, i basically have to burn all the money i got even if there's nothing i need to buy and you can easily get 20-30K on a decent run. So why not make it so that i have lets say, 10k that's safe and can't be raided and then use SPL to increase that minimum by 5K increments and anything over those amounts are free for the taking.

LOL I beat Coen before (died 9 times), saved at the base, quit, came back just now and went to that same floor. I passed through the Coen boss fight room thinking Coen would still be dead but the fight triggered, holy shit. I was literally at zero death metals and I beat him with 6 HP left.

Yeah, all the bosses respawn. I've actually find fighting Coen and working my way back down to the waiting room to be a good way to farm easy xp for new fighters

Phil Fish

Banned
What they should do is make it so that when you upgrade your bank and tank, instead of increase the overall capacity, they should make it so that there's a minimum level in which any money up to that level is "safe" and can't be raided. This essentially allows you to actually have money when you need to buy the expensive stuff

As it stands now my bank can hold 80K and there's no way im ever going to have that much just lying around because it'll all just get taken. So now if i go on a run and come back, i basically have to burn all the money i got even if there's nothing i need to buy and you can easily get 20-30K on a decent run. So why not make it so that i have lets say, 10k that's safe and can't be raided and then use SPL to increase that minimum by 5K increments and anything over those amounts are free for the taking.

Yeah, all the bosses respawn. I've actually find fighting Coen and working my way back down to the waiting room to be a good way to farm easy xp for new fighters

And I fucked up just now. Went to the next floor and got ganked by 5 NPCs. No more death metal to revive :|

Does this mean when I get to floor 4 with a new character, I'll have to fight my former level 16?

Top Bottom