• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Mandelbo

Where have people been finding Veneer Planks? I don't think I've come across any yet, and I need one to make the Jungle Machete.

And I fucked up just now. Went to the next floor and got ganked by 5 NPCs. No more death metal to revive :|

Does this mean when I get to floor 4 with a new character, I'll have to fight my former level 16?

You really shouldn't be wasting death metals on revives. It doesn't cost that much until way later to just scavenge your guys. I think on level 6 it might be like 3000 kill coins. Otherwise yes you'll have to fight your own character.

Those death metals can be used to expand your storage space at base and I assume will allow you to buy an express pass down the line.

DukeBobby

Christ, the boss on floor 10 was awful. Huge boss in a tiny arena with an electric fucking fence around the edge. A recipe for frustration.

Thank God I had some Death Metals saved up.

Phil Fish

Banned
You really shouldn't be wasting death metals on revives. It doesn't cost that much until way later to just scavenge your guys. I think on level 6 it might be like 3000 kill coins. Otherwise yes you'll have to fight your own character.

Those death metals can be used to expand your storage space at base and I assume will allow you to buy an express pass down the line.

Can I salvage an infinite amount of times? Just did it now and my guy is back with me.

hbkdx12

Can I salvage an infinite amount of times? Just did it now and my guy is back with me.

You can. The price just goes up higher depending on what floor you die on.

Also, salvaging should be the go to option to retrieving your fighter rather than fighting them.

When you salvage them you keep all your decals and everything in your death bag. If you fight your haterfied version you lose those things. So if you die with a bunch of goodies in your deathbag that you don't want to lose out on, you're going to want to spend the cash to bring them back

DrkSage

Do fighter levels vary? Just got a female fighter from the depot that maxes out at lvl 26 instead of 25

She has an extra stat point in strength

Skrams

Huh, I didn't realize one of these Special quests popped where I ran through without throwing things. I did it a few times and thought it didn't pop, but at some point it did I guess. I wonder if that was 2-3 runs ago or not. I get worried when it says AREA TO AREA, but if that includes parallel floors. I haven't run into a situation where that's required, but dunno.

YEAHHHHHHHHH also you ever wonder what the bottom of an avatar's shoe looks like?
CzUd9B1WgAEcA8N.jpg
CzUd9TtWgAAu_GB.jpg

And I fucked up just now. Went to the next floor and got ganked by 5 NPCs. No more death metal to revive :|

Does this mean when I get to floor 4 with a new character, I'll have to fight my former level 16?
Yes, if you fight them you get them back. You can alternately pay to get them back from the fighter freezer which costs money, but you get all their items they were carrying. The second is usually preferred by most. And yeah, don't waste death metals on reviving that early on. It's best to maximize storage space with all those early death metals.
Where have people been finding Veneer Planks? I don't think I've come across any yet, and I need one to make the Jungle Machete.
I'm finding a lot by doing the WANOKI path instead of the main one. It's still not super reliable, but it was better than the main path I think.
Christ, the boss on floor 10 was awful. Huge boss in a tiny arena with an electric fucking fence around the edge. A recipe for frustration.

Thank God I had some Death Metals saved up.
Honestly, an easy strategy for most bosses so far is probably just save up a ton of grilled mushrooms. You can just eat them all before the fight and come into the fight fully powered. The timer stacks on the mushrooms so if you eat 3-4 of Tough or Crush mushrooms then you can power through the fight. Also poison mushrooms are very helpful against bosses. Besides that, I just shot the boss to death.
How do I use death medals to expand storage?
Pause>DH Service>Expand Storage
Do fighter levels vary? Just got a female fighter from the depot that maxes out at lvl 26 instead of 25

When you got your new fighter did you pick a Striker class fighter who has more Health and Strength or something like that? Or just an All Rounder which is standard and free compared to 1000 gold for the other classes.

Yea there seems to be some randomness with the max stats a fighter can have. They can have an additional level in a stat, like my rank 3 defender had a cap of 14 in STR rather than 13 in other stats. I had other bodies that had some bonus points in different stats before too. So if you were a min maxer, you would re-roll constantly for bonus max stats.

Skrams

https://www.reddit.com/r/LetItDie/comments/5hjk1f/message_from_the_community_team_about_linda_the/

An update on Linda

So this was a tough one, and hopefully everyone involved can understand how/why things played out the way they did.

While working, I received a message from a guy in the office who had been religiously watching any and all LET IT DIE-related streams, and by chance, he stumbled upon this one.

"Hey a guy's been glitching a Jackal to death for like 2 hours!" I peeked in and thought it was kind of an interesting experiment, but the ramifications sunk in. If anyone could defeat the Jackals (truly the endest of end-game content) in this matter, it could definitely have a negative impact on the game economy and experience.

It was an incredibly tough call for the dev team to make, but they had to take the servers down to correct it--even if it was just a "hotfix" that involved taking the Jackals out on a temporary basis.

As a CM, transparency is incredibly important, so it was hard not being able to say anything sooner, but we did reach out to cyberassassin24 as soon as we had the full scoop. We informed him that whatever dropped would be forfeit, but he was welcome to continue his experiment.

It was actually quite thrilling watching the community rally behind him, even knowing he wouldn't get to keep the fruits of his labor. We discussed a lot of possible solutions/compensations for this, and we hope everyone enjoyed both the Apology Metal and the "celebratory" Death Metal.

I'm also sending him something unique for his efforts.

As for what the Jackals drop? That's gonna have to stay a mystery for a bit longer. We hope you are looking forward to more LET IT DIE.

Thanks for all your passion and support.
A guy also posted a webm of him fucking up a Jackal in that thread. Fucking christ. The only reason he didn't kill them was because he had to leave after his first attempt. Then cyberassassin maintenance happened.
Fuck.
Thanks. Is there any ware to buy ammo for my magnum?

No

If your magnum runs out of ammo you can only sell it or drop it. If you want another magnum with ammo you'll have to buy one. It's not a big deal since they're only 3k or so and the blueprint for the magnum isn't hard to find. The only use of an empty magnum is selling or using R1/L1 to beat enemy's to death when you have that skill unlocked. The durability degrades pretty quickly that way though.

Edit- Oh yeah, you can use the Rage Moves or Goretastic moves as well with them if they have no ammo.

Syysch

Thanks. Is there any ware to buy ammo for my magnum?

Buy a new magnum basically. I use assault rifles pretty regularly and my tactic has been spend all the ammo, then use the empty gun to fire off the special attack (since it uses a buttload of durability on that gun).

Tizoc

Ok no more screwing around gonna go to floor 3 and climg up from there
I need collectors and rank 2 characters already

Part of me wishes they had a check box systems so people once their based had been rated appeared as busted and so couldn't be raided again until the person playing was back. However that would mean the people who were active would get raided significantly more too. So "shrugs".

I'm assuming this works like other similar games, where once you get raided there is a cooldown until you can get raided again. Your system would be pretty bad for several reasons: it would promote not actually playing (whereas the current system promotes playing more), and it would limit what people can be raided to frequent players, which would mean starving for targets.

What I do is use all my lithium before I stop playing for the day. Gold is less important and raiders can only get a pretty small amount anyway.

Kind of lost on how to proceed. I have more money and materials than I know what to with. I guess I could keep going forward, but I don't want to waste this junk. My stats are all at "maxed" too.

What do you mean by "waste"? If you go back to the base and bank them you won't lose them by dying. In fact, as pointed out by a fellow GAFer, even if you die, if you resurrect your player at the freezer, you won't lose them.

How do the no armor quests work? I cleared out the two areas without wearing clothing, but nothing triggered.

All new characters start with a mask item equipped, perhaps you had that on?

dyergram

Ok final question for now all of my stats are level five (max) is there anyware to go from there or do I just roll another character?

Skrams

Meh I'd really be into it , if I didn't accidentally kill my self by eating a mushroom, nice control scheme
Just make sure you don't have a boomshroom or self harming thing selected on the dial if you don't want to accidentally eat it.
Ok final question for now all of my stats are level five (max) is there anyware to go from there or do I just roll another character?
When you get past floor 10 you get Level 2 Fighters which have a higher cap. You're expected to use your level 25 maxed fighters until you beat the floor 10 boss then start using the rank 2 fighters which have a cap of 50ish. So on and so on.

I never realized how cheap it is to scavenge your character, I basically burned through my death metals the other day

Logged in yesterday and got 5 more though so that was nice of them

Oh wow, this morning's mushroom stew got me a Treasure Hunter decal that marks all treasures on the map the moment I get on a floor.
What it doesn't mention is that it also marks enemies. Super useful!

hbkdx12

Oh wow, this morning's mushroom stew got me a Treasure Hunter decal that marks all treasures on the map the moment I get on a floor.
What it doesn't mention is that it also marks enemies. Super useful!

I heard about people getting such good permanent decals. I bought my first one yesterday and it was marathon runner or something like that which decreases stamina fatique by 50%. Although not bad, i already unlocked the sprinter decal which does the same thing but just at 30% so i was a little disappointed

I think im going to develop a system where i do raids for like 20 minutes until i get to 60K ish and then buy mushroom stews and hopefully get something good that i can slap on my lower level fighters before going in the tower to get XP

Uthred

What classes are people using? I'm basically only using Strikers and Defenders for exploring and collectors as mules. Might try using the luck guys for cash farming but none of the others feel worth it.

I just climbed from floor 1-7 in like 20 minutes and I've earned 42k so far. Any other better way to farm cash?

If you use a lucky star character you'll get more money, but that seems to be the best way to do it.

Edit: LMAO at the message from Captain Yotsuyama about Linda the Legend.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What were the rewards for the maitenance?

– 1 Death Metal and 12,000 Kill Coins for the unscheduled maintenance
– 1 Death Metal for cyberassassin24’s epic Twitch stream struggle against the Jackals. We will never forget Linda the Legendary Hero.

Oh also for the Stamp Rally. Are they on the floor corresponding with the order? I can't seem to find the floor 8 stamp, and I've been to and thoroughly searched each 8th floor area.

My eighth stamp appeared in Maminemechi on 8F after the tower shifted. So the stamps do correspond to the floor, it just depends on how the tower is built.

Heyt

Banned
Just had an slowmo fight... the people who experienced this will instantly know what I am talking about...

...can somebody explain what just happened?

Top Bottom