• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets do something about the PSN issues.

Goomba64

Banned
The only way you're really going to get their attention is via a real twitter campaign, or someone from a major website calling them out. If IGN writes a headline article about ongoing PSN problems it would most certainly get Sony's attention.

I've been planning on buying Advanced Warfare on PS4, but I'm literally sitting here 6 days before it comes out thinking "this seems like a risky move, maybe I should buy it on the Xbox". Kinda sad that I have to think about that.
This. Microsoft was hit so hard on social media they had to change their DRM policies.

Advanced Warfare and GTA IV are right around the corner. PSN WILL BE CRIPPLED. Threads will be made bitching and complaining as usual just to be ignored by Sony. It's time we seriously band together and force them to make some real changes.

Why are people coming in to say they aren't having problems with the service ?. If its all good for you, why post ?. Put your loyalty in something other than a company and let the users who are having issues voice them. If it can help improve the service regardless whether you are having issues right now or not (which could happen to you), its good for everyone....

Because It isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is? People said PSN was going to crash on Destiny's launch day, but did it? NOPE.

And it isn't "loyalty", it's defending a product that they have purchased and have yet to experience such issues that seemingly everyone else suddenly has.

I think it would be better to be a little mature and professional if you decide to do something. A well-written email or earnest tweet would go a lot longer than saying "FUCK YOU Sony! Fix this shit! Selling my PS4" on twitter.

First off, I am pretty satisfied with the service, but probably cause I'm pretty busy and have many systems and games to play.

Secondly, I prefer "Fix this shit!". I'm not a writer, and I don't play one on TV. At my job, shit breaks and customers just want it working, and I would never expect them to prepare a well written email. Fuck the polite bullshit.

Quotient

First off, I am pretty satisfied with the service, but probably cause I'm pretty busy and have many systems and games to play.

Secondly, I prefer "Fix this shit!". I'm not a writer, and I don't play one on TV. At my job, shit breaks and customers just want it working, and I would never expect them to prepare a well written email. Fuck the polite bullshit.

Throwing profanity at any Customer Service rep or Company executive never works. Your best approach is to respectful express dissatisfaction and that you will vote with your wallet.

Honestly, I think it would be better to get an idea who is having the most issues with PSN where are they located and what time they are logging on.

Because I rarely have any issues, but I live in europe and I usually log on quite late.

Just a random #fixPSN campaign means nothing if people arent recording when and where the bulk of the problems are happening.

The amount of outages is really frustrating, considering it's a paid service now.

I would just sigh before the PS4 came out and we had the free service with PS3, but now I'm getting pissed off because I don't feel Sony is making it a priority to truly fix the flakiness of PSN.

labaronx

Maybe if you psn members who are having issues make a spreadsheet detailing your network issues and setups we could come to an agreement of whats wrong as opposed to bringing vague info to thread.

Profile psn/country/ps4 location/psn specific problem

Ie masterx /us psn/Honduras/ cant access ps store

Castef

Banned
Pretty sure Sony knows how crappy PSN is and are working on it. They're probably not very good at it though

I think they are right now in a strong position which allows/"legitimate" them to ignore the PSN issues and focus on other things.

Throwing profanity at any Customer Service rep or Company executive never works. Your best approach is to respectful express dissatisfaction and that you will vote with your wallet.

Oh, I was not advocating throwing profanity at a CSR. I meant spewing it on GAF as a form of release.

Why are people coming in to say they aren't having problems with the service ?. If its all good for you, why post ?. Put your loyalty in something other than a company and let the users who are having issues voice them. If it can help improve the service regardless whether you are having issues right now or not (which could happen to you), its good for everyone....
Just because I don't experience any issues doesn't mean that I can't empathize and contribute to the thread.

I don't have issues but I know others do.
Also, it's helpful to get an idea about the degree to which these issues occur. If people who only have issues post, we might think these issues happen more than they actually occur.

Mass cancellation of PS+. Anarchy. Chaos. Do it.

In all seriousness, the constant outage is pretty ridiculous now. Decided I'd hop on some Last of Us multiplayer tonight and, lo and behold, PSN is down. I'd be cool with some campaign-ish type thing, but I suck at them so I'd need someone to follow.

Not saying that you are misinforming, but I have not experienced PSN being down 1 time, and I have a launch day unit. Perhaps these are regional issues? (I'm in the Northeast U.S. for reference.)

therapist

Mass cancellation of PS+. Anarchy. Chaos. Do it.

In all seriousness, the constant outage is pretty ridiculous now. Decided I'd hop on some Last of Us multiplayer tonight and, lo and behold, PSN is down. I'd be cool with some campaign-ish type thing, but I suck at them so I'd need someone to follow.

Dont you lose all your PS plus games if you lapse the sub for even a day?

I dont game on console much , psn was fine this weekend - whats the prob?

Gestault

Not saying that you are misinforming, but I have not experienced PSN being down 1 time, and I have a launch day unit. Perhaps these are regional issues? (I'm in the Northeast U.S. for reference.)

I'm Northeast US as well. There have been several times that it's been a confirmed "down for everyone." It's certainly not constant though.

W46Ps4b.png

Just the last two months, not including scheduled maintenance that is always in the middle of the day for some reason.

cripterion

First they need to fix their OS to not rely on PSN so much, so the impact when it goes go down will be lessened.

Emails or letters are even worse than Twitter because on Twitter you have the chance of it going viral and having people publicly shit on a service you are not satisfied with. When you just write your lone email then there is no chance of virality and having potential customers see that your service is not up to the customer's demands.

Agreed. Especially since I'm tired of being locked out of my games and kicked out of certain apps when their service goes to shit.

Chabbles

PSN downloads are not on PSN servers, but by Akamai CDN, which is the most expensive CDN network... so likely there is some issue between your ISP and Akamai.

Well thats interesting and good to know i guess, but ill hold nobody accountable but sony for the terrible speeds i get on psn sometimes.. I just woke up and tried again (6am) and it downloaded in 10 seconds flat.

Let's convince Sony to increase the price of Plus to 60 dollars/year and use the extra 10 buck solely for PSN maintenance/better servers

kick51

Banned
I am going to send them a couple sticks of RAM I had laying around. If everybody just donates 1 ram, then psn will be fine

Aces&Eights

I honestly think that the issues are stemming from the fact that Sony was simply not prepared for the influx of users this gen. Couple that with ginormous downloads and you can deduct that they simply don't have the network to handle everyones throughput needs at once. I believe they are addressing it and it will get better and that is all I need to know, really.

I mean really, Destiny was, what, 40gb? Everyone jumping on at once was a huge toll on an infrastructure that was just not meant to handle that much bandwidth all at once. Same with the 2.0 patch. The amount of 0s and 1s being transmitted on the network today compared to, say, 3 years ago is staggering.

Growing pains and all that.

c0de

I honestly think that the issues are stemming from the fact that Sony was simply not prepared for the influx of users this gen. Couple that with ginormous downloads and you can deduct that they simply don't have the network to handle everyones throughput needs at once. I believe they are addressing it and it will get better and that is all I need to know, really.

You know that you believe in it? And this is all you need? Ok...

I mean really, Destiny was, what, 40gb? Everyone jumping on at once was a huge toll on an infrastructure that was just not meant to handle that much bandwidth all at once. Same with the 2.0 patch. The amount of 0s and 1s being transmitted on the network today compared to, say, 3 years ago is staggering.

Growing pains and all that.

For the millionth time now, no: Downloads are not from PSN servers.

I believe they are addressing it and it will get better and that is all I need to know, really.

I wish I knew this. But, Sony hasn't said a fucking word about it.

Every time it's just their generic "we know there are problems with PSN right now, we're looking into it" posts on Twitter and that's it. They have done nothing to address the fact that it has seemingly gone down seven times in September and October (again, not including the scheduled times it goes down).

Wasn't at least one of those days a DDoS attack from that Lizard guy?

No, that was in August.

MisterM

For a paid service the reliability is terrible and pretty unacceptable to be honest.

Some kind of open letter which PSN users could sign might be quite good.

The problems with PSN stem from incompetence and lack of resources. Either way those aren't things that can be fixed right away and with the console selling as well as it does I doubt they're in any major hurry to address it.

funkypie

Banned
So have sony even acknowledged this yet? I'm sick and tired of not being able to send and receive messages, not to mention the other countless problems going on.

the new updated app is garbage for checking messages as well.

Top Bottom