• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's give ARMS alternate colour variants their own names.

jdstorm

Banned
ARMS is probably my most anticipated Nintendo Switch title. Over the weekend there was a second ARMS tournament which showed off some new characters (MinMin and Helix) with each of the characters having palate multiple palate swaps so the game can be played with up to 4 of the same base character. In light of this i think it would be fun to start naming each palate swap as an individual character.

So far it appears that each character has 4 varients. So without further ado lets start naming them. (Currently on mobile so cant post pictures. Will copy them into the OP along with the names)

Spring Man
Blue - Clark Sprockent due to his superman like apperance
Pink - Archie Springmanning because he looks like Archie from the Archie comics
Green - TBD
Other - TBD

Ribbon Girl
Pink- Kara Sprockent
Blue-
Red-
Other-

Ninjara
Green- Leonardo
????? - Raphael
????? - Donatello
????? - Michaelangelo

Minmin
Green - MinMin
Red - TBD
????? - TBD
????? - TBD

Mechanica
Yellow - Mechanica
Brown - TBD
?????- TDB
????? - TBD

Master Mummy
Brown/Purple - TBD
White - TBD
????? - TBD
????? - TBD

Helix
Green - Flubbane: a portmanteau of Flubber and the Batman villan Bane
Pink - Foo: He's Sorry for Party Rocking
???? -
???? -

Why would anyone want to waste time doing this? I don't recall any other game where people went out of their way to give unique names to alternate colors that characters wear.

Lylo

249.gif

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Why does everything need to be a meme, just use normal names.

Reminds me of speedrunners on twitch that have whacky names for bosses on their split list.

Real boss name: Samuel
Meme speedrunner boss name "THE REAL PANCAKE KILLA"

hoserx

I'm not sure why but this thread is making me laugh uncontrollably. What a great way to end an evening. Thanks, OP, thanks to all who have posted.

mindsale

I hope ARMS includes a Thread Man, because the color of this thread would be awful.

Seriously though he'd have spools of thread and yarn for arms.

Also seriously this thread is terrible.

Top Bottom