• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS footage analysis (stages, DNA themed fighter, audience dresses as characters)

Damn I'm getting into the ARMS characters already and I haven't even touched the game.
also for people who are interested, Minmin's shoes!

C9XCy6RUQAAf1Oe.jpg

She's really bringing up the dragon motif.

Didn't realise the character models were so detailed! I hope they do a tech talk like they did at GDC for Zelda, I imagine there's quite a bit going into the animations, their arms must have a lot of moving parts.

llehuty

They could honestly do an ARMS Dojo type of thing that leads to the release of the game, showing the modes/characters/stages/arms/music, etc.

I hope it's filled with side content, Smash style.

Jintor

Between Splatoon and Arms, Nintendo must have a factory of designers just churning out fake brand logos 24/7

Forkball

Spring Man is such a terrible character design compared to someone like Minmin. How do you go from the instantly iconic Inkling girl to SPRING MAN? I know the "Ryu" of fighting franchises is supposed to be fairly generic, but Spring Man manages to be both extremely bland and offensively ugly at the same time. Ribbon Girl is also pretty bad. I thought they were supposed to be superheroes, but she has an idol gimmick? Then why is she RIBBON GIRL? Why does she wear a mask?

Please don't put Spring Man in Smash, Sakurai.

SPRING MAN

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the character design, detail and material texturing is amazing in this. Can't take people seriously who still complain about Nintendo's "bad graphics", there's so much soul in these pics.

Leave it to developers who worked on Mario Kart to create the deepest lore for a new game

7MNaSyf.png

Whats up with this lol

LordKano

Spring Man is such a terrible character design compared to someone like Minmin. How do you go from the instantly iconic Inkling girl to SPRING MAN? I know the "Ryu" of fighting franchises is supposed to be fairly generic, but Spring Man manages to be both extremely bland and offensively ugly at the same time. Ribbon Girl is also pretty bad. I thought they were supposed to be superheroes, but she has an idol gimmick? Then why is she RIBBON GIRL? Why does she wear a mask?

SPRING MAN

He's a throwback to

PusherT

I don't like the behind the back camera. During that exhibition fight on the direct it was very hard to see if your arms made contact (hits) that dragon laser on Minmin was hard to land a hit it seems this game needs a 1st person camera.

Soul Lab

SPRING MAN

The whole concept of Spring Man is awesome. Even his special ability (perma charge below 25% hp) fits. the further you push a spring the greater the counterforce.
It's genius imo

Shahadan

Spring Man is my favorite character ;(

I want an Amiibo and I never buy that shit
Of course the only time they decided not to release them. Their arms would probably be complicated to do properly though.

TreIII

Excellent write ups. And definitely loving all the extra details the team fit into this particular game, too.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
dooooooppppeeee

need that tan character revealed asap

There's a 0.1% probability any new character will look legit more cool than Minmin so I'm good with her for now.

Prove me wrong Nintendo

Also they'll fucking HAVE to sell the bowl hat as merch right? Please?

If Little Mac were to appear as a guest, wouldn't he have to have augmented gloves since he's just a human?

Would LOVE to see it though. Crossover appearances are good for the soul.

PtM

Banned
Minmin is a RAMEN fighter. I don't think it's sexist to make a joke about the weight of the only fighter based on food, but I might be reading it wrong.
Thinking about it, they surely wouldn't have made that joke with a male Minmin. That's all we need to know.

I'm extremely EXCITE about this game. Now imagine the possibilities of DLC guest characters.. hmmm

Everyone's saying Little Mac, but I'd like to see HE

Lanky.png

I mean, HE does fit in better with the concept of ARMS due to the whole stretchy arms thing. Would be kinda odd to see Mac with that.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
There's a 0.1% probability any new character will look legit more cool than Minmin so I'm good with her for now.

Prove me wrong Nintendo

i will buy that beanie day 1

If Little Mac were to appear as a guest, wouldn't he have to have augmented gloves since he's just a human?

Would LOVE to see it though. Crossover appearances are good for the soul.

let this IP breathe and grow and be it's own thing

Doorman

Between Splatoon and Arms, Nintendo must have a factory of designers just churning out fake brand logos 24/7
Bear in mind this is coming out of the team that built Mario Kart 8, whose loading screen and trackside billboards are literally covered in fake Mario brand logos. They've had plenty of experience with this already! It's a great easy way to add some detail and context to a setting.

As for Spring Man, I don't mind his design and all, but I do agree that some of the character names are a little too on-the-nose, even if they are assumedly just "ring names." They could have made some things that are still referential without being so obvious. Until proven otherwise I'm going with my personal headcanon that Spring Man's real name is Coyle.

Golnei

Prove me wrong Nintendo

I'm completely resigned to the possibility of Minmin being the only decent character design in the game.

-MB-

Please nintendo give us a silly shonen anime to promote the game, the "back story" of the characters already reads like one.

We are still waiting for that Splatoon cartoon/anime. You might be waiting for a long time for an ARMS one unfortunately.

BiggNife

I'm completely resigned to the possibility of Minmin being the only decent character design in the game.
Maaaaan you guys are acting like all of the other designs are hideous. They're fine.

I agree that Minmin is the standout but I really have no issues with Spring Man or Ribbon Girl like other people in this thread seem to.

The only design I really don't care for at all is Master Mummy, he doesn't really gel with the rest of the cast.

Airan

I absolutely adore the branding Nintendo are adding to their new IPs. First, Splatoon, now this. Reminds me of the Wipeout series with the manufacturer logos.

DrArchon

Why are people saying the hidden woman is a lucha libre fighter? Because she has a mask over her eyes?

I'm looking at this here and
I like this pic

C9SI-VdUMAEASpf.jpg

Oh, look, Ribbon Girl and Minmin also have masks over their eyes. Fancy that. Even Spring Man and Ninjara have similar headgear.

Top Bottom