• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second ARMS Invitational Tournament April 29-30 in Japan [Streaming Now]

squall23

Oq7aSkQ.png

casiopao

The kid is not prepared for a close combat. He wanted to use the laser to keep ranged but in the last battle, the foes immediately take advantage of that fact.

Doorman

That final round was rough but otherwise the two prior rounds were both really close and exciting. Like so many other fighting games, Zeon fell into the trap of too many wakeup buttons and it made him easy for the other guy to punish.

Still a really good showing overall!

Jintor

not bad from a ten year old in any case

kemeno girls had him on the ropes and he panicked.

it looks to me like throwing out throws on wakeup is a bad idea

Totakeke

I still think that traditional controls will be more limited/awkward since none of the analog sticks are level on Switch controllers and with motion controls you can easily control the direction of each arm independently.

Nanashrew

Banned
It was meant to be in the end. Ribbon Girl's mobility and air movement gives me Gundam Vs vibes. So Zeon ended up losing to something equivalent to a Gundam.

DNA man is a cyber newtype.

Jintor

it feels like a lot of fighters are mistiming their grabs and trying to get a throw straight out of wakeup, but i don't understand why - throws are both slow and easily dodged. Sure the damage is great but the chance of landing it is crazy low

Zia

This is kind of scratching my Virtual On itch...

Hope they launch with more content than the first Splatoon.

it feels like a lot of fighters are mistiming their grabs and trying to get a throw straight out of wakeup, but i don't understand why - throws are both slow and easily dodged. Sure the damage is great but the chance of landing it is crazy low

Seriously. Seems like the perfect time to charge the arms instead.

Totakeke

Each fighter seem to do a side roll on wakeup which means you probably can't punch straight and instead have to curve to where you expect them to roll to. I don't think most players are capable of that just yet. With throws at least there's a bit of auto aim.

Jintor

oh that's interesting - the valley in the middle of the lab match means you can actually run forward under an arm if you need to

lmao kemeno girls lamed out the match

Doorman

oh interesting, looks like you can always cancel into a Rush super and it'll reset your arms?

Yep, I think people started catching on to that during the reveal preview tour. I think depending on the arm it means you can even hit-confirm a normal punch into the rush for guaranteed damage.

And apparently since they don't have the strap-harness to keep their shape together, DNA Men in the tubes just wind up getting flushed down the drain with the rest of the liquid when they're breached. Dat understated Nintendo darkness.

Totakeke

Based on that match, slowly applying pressure, closing down, and eventually cornering your opponent will probably be a big deal. A lot of the times punches hit because someone reached the end of the arena while moving/dodging.

Jintor

Kid Zeon put up a better fight against the eventual champ.

I hope we see him again. Kid Zeon was bawse.

Based on that match, slowly applying pressure, closing down, and eventually cornering your opponent will probably be a big deal. A lot of the times punches hit because someone reached the end of the arena while moving/dodging.

sounds like... boxing...

Totakeke

Right, but why not just name her menmen.

Okay, maybe that name sounds too weird in English.

Chinese pinyin for noodles is "mian" though. So it's also not min.

Top Bottom