• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the starting roster of ARMS revealed, which character is your favorite DESIGN?

Favorite ARMS character design?

Results are only viewable after voting.
DAMfiniVYAAhEEt.jpg

https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/866247219845881856
Also this.
Her hair has fingers...?

Neiteio

I want some cute animated shorts showing the daily lives of the ARMS cast and how their extendable arms affect things.

woopWOOP

Voted Spring Man because I really liked him since reveal. His face has this old school kind of vibe going for it I feel, the kind of design you'd find while flipping NES booklet

Neiteio

Voted Spring Man because I really liked him since reveal. His face has this old school kind of vibe going for it I feel, the kind of design you'd find while flipping NES booklet
I didn't vote for him, but I consider Spring Man to be a perfect design, with the perfect balance of color, detail and shapes.

If Spring Man had been introduced in the late '80s, his design would hold up just as well today as Link and Samus. Like you said, he has that timeless old-school quality.

Hastati

So wait Twintelle effectively has four arms? Seems like people born with hair mods in this universe would have a distinct advantage. I hope sometimes she's actually drinking tea mid-fight.

Neiteio

Twintelle about to hit 400 votes. :-O

Not who I voted for, but like I said, good for Nintendo to see this kind of hype for PoC.

Anyone know which characters are trending in Japan?

13ruce

Banned
I hope someone makes Twintelle and Midna crossover fanart they both use their hair to fight or do things.

Twintelle and Min Min are my favorite btw.
Helix also looks cool.

wedca

Anyone think Callie from Splatoon might make a nice guest character?

Her tentacle hair fits in neatly and she could be a rival for Twintelle (hair overlap) and Ribbon Girl (profession overlap.)

L Thammy

Introducing the sequel to ARMS, ASS. Pick your fighter and your weapons and defeat each other using your extendable asscheeks.

ggx2ac

I get that Spring Man is like the Mario of ARMS that is to appeal to kids but, I can see Byte and Barq being the Yoshi of the series since there's a robot dog.

Now that I think about it, this guest character would make sense:

images

Mega Man with rocket propelled fists would work. Although I don't really expect guest characters anyway.

L Thammy

Mega Man has had several rocket fists anyway. Hard Knuckle from 3, Mega Arm from Gameboy's V, charged Super Adaptor from 7. Maybe more that I don't remember.

Neiteio

GAF's current most popular:

1) Twintelle
2) Min Min
3) Byte & Barq
4) Helix
5) Mechanica
6) Spring Man
7) Ninjara
8) Ribbon Girl / Kid Cobra
9) Master Mummy

Twintelle and Min Min have multiple times the number of votes of Byte & Barq. B&B, in turn, has more than twice what Mechanica has in fifth place.

Quite the spread! Personally, if I were doing the vote today, I might vote for Kid Cobra. He's really grown on me.

ggx2ac

Mega Man has had several rocket fists anyway. Hard Knuckle from 3, Mega Arm from Gameboy's V, charged Super Adaptor from 7. Maybe more that I don't remember.

Now I'm thinking it's a little redundant having Rush with Mega Man since even Rush uses a spring to get Mega Man to jump higher.

Well, with DLC characters confirmed in future updates I wonder what other kinds of ARMS there will be.

Edit: And since Ninjara already uses chains for ARMS, it's less likely there'll be a criminal character.

Neiteio

Now I'm thinking it's a little redundant having Rush with Mega Man since even Rush uses a spring to get Mega Man to jump higher.

Well, with DLC characters confirmed in future updates I wonder what other kinds of ARMS there will be.
I bet they'll add more ARMS with the "Blind" effect. Of the 30 ARMS currently known, only the Blorbs currently have the Blind effect. I could see them making variants of the boomerang-style gloves, the whip-like gloves, etc, which induce Blind.

Neiteio

BTW, all of you people voting for Twintelle after this poll has been up forever, you're totally fake and just going with a crowd, tsk tsk

L Thammy

Maybe Twintelle is like Spock. Even if you don't know ARMS, you're familiar with the character through Internet pop culture osmosis.

Kaban

Twintelle is a decent design, but let's face it, 'best design' isn't exactly the reason she's winning the poll (I picked Min Min for the record)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
A character doesn't get popular just because of sex appeal, there's about a million characters that are made with if not solely with sex appeal in mind, doesn't mean they are popular, they may not even b3 all that popular in their own series

Top Bottom