• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second ARMS Invitational Tournament April 29-30 in Japan [Streaming Now]

LotusHD

Banned
That looks so satisfying to send that giant punch and have it chew into the target. An actual King Kong Gun.

5524ef928130c6d4eb9c24b3d9563ca2da64e30c_hq.gif

syncyes

this DNA player is damn good

watching from ribbon girl's perspective put his strategy in such good...perspective~ :p

is this girl fedora girl from yesterday :eek:

So can someone give me a quick rundown of how the tournament is going?

Does ARMS seem like something with some real meat to it based on what we have seen so far?

Edit: Watching now, god this game looks fun

Cerium

So can someone give me a quick rundown of how the tournament is going?

Does ARMS seem like something with some real meat to it based on what we have seen so far?

Tournament is fun to watch, the more skilled players put on a great show. There's a lot of polish and attention to detail with the animations, sounds, and designs, as you would expect considering the developer pedigree. There's lots of strategic depth with the different weapon combinations, the players themselves have only good things to say, and FGC impressions seem positive as well. I can't speak to the latter personally however.

Totakeke

Grab attempt countered by super. That's a good one.

All the more technical players have the same problem right now, not enough damage on punish.

Hot damn, that was good.

This game looks stupid fun and really sells the concept of the Joycons. Much better of a launch window game than Nintendo Land (or 1-2 Switch) for demonstrating the concept of the pack in controller.

Speely

Banned
^ Yeah!

Conversely, the Minmainer was focused played smart when literally any kind of damage would have ended him.

Min Min's dragon arm looks so useful for her style of attack, too.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Dangit, my stream is totally crapping out

This Mechanica player has been making me sad the entire time with just standing still and spamming Revolvers. Wreck him crazy Min Min!

atr0cious

This Mechanica player has been making me sad the entire time with just standing still and spamming Revolvers. Wreck him crazy Min Min!
Yup, imagine what someone who knows what they're doing could do with her, if he's able to win flailing like it's a Wii game.

I'd say swap out the water balloon but the only other option is an ice dragon... They're both too slow for this matchup.

Though it can work if he keeps Min in the corner.

Ooooh, different stage!

Top Bottom