• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS launches June 16

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
When you put a big official art of a game in exchange for an interview or less, it's not journalism.

What the hell is the cover of a gaming magazine supposed to look like? Just black text on a white background?

jts

...hate me...
What the hell is the cover of a gaming magazine supposed to look like? Just black text on a white background?

The equivalent of this:

it_is_your_birthday_large.jpg

Reaperssj

Man I really love the look of this game, the characters are so damn recognizable already but a dream character addition for me would be Luffy from Onepiece I mean he would be perfect for this game and a good advertising opportunity for Nintendo in Japan.

Jawmuncher

Getting more and more interested in this game. Might even end up getting it day one.
Has there been any mentions yet on the extent of single player?

Eliseo

Getting more and more interested in this game. Might even end up getting it day one.
Has there been any mentions yet on the extent of single player?

Not yet but we will either get another direct or they will be talking about ARMS on the tree house stream at E3 where they can talk about the campaign.

Kudo

All of the gameplay videos at Youtube seem to be missing this but damn the gameplay in those tweets look smooth, I'm certain it'll be 60fps but wonder what resolution its gonna end up being.

All of the gameplay videos at Youtube seem to be missing this but damn the gameplay in those tweets look smooth, I'm certain it'll be 60fps but wonder what resolution its gonna end up being.

Someone said they counted the recent Twitter shots and got 900p, iirc

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America

I've seen pixel counters say 900p from screenshots but I don't know how reliable that is.

EDIT: beated

Kudo

Whilst I was looking forward to full 1080p, 900p should be good enough, thanks both.
And who knows, I guess that's still could change before release, nevertheless it looks like they're going for rock solid 60fps which is key here.

Whilst I was looking forward to full 1080p, 900p should be good enough, thanks both.
And who knows, I guess that's still could change before release, nevertheless it looks like they're going for rock solid 60fps which is key here.

I mean, maybe. But with 6 weeks to go before release, the game is probably done except stuff like bugs and balance.

Only 900p? I think we really have to start questioning if this system is even more powerful than 360 or PS3. It feels like it's closer to Wii....

Kudo

I mean, maybe. But with 6 weeks to go before release, the game is probably done except stuff like bugs and balance.

True enough, well, it won't bother me too much but I know it's not gonna sit too well with lot of people.
Here's hoping DF does analysis once it comes to showcase that fps.

ggx2ac

That Helix intro video had him dodging fast his at the end of it.

Now I want a character that does the Dempsey Roll as their special.

I had an interesting thought for a character:

A stereotypical green "Martian"-style alien who does not have the ARMS gene. Instead, he wields two large Rayguns that fire large spiraling beams. These beams would serve as his arms and thus would end in his chosen gloves. His main advantage is that his arms could not get disabled, but he would not be able to block. I'm thinking his name would just be Ray, sticking with the simplistic name pattern. What do you folks think?

atr0cious

A stereotypical green "Martian"-style alien who does not have the ARMS gene. Instead, he wields two large Rayguns that fire large spiraling beams. These beams would serve as his arms and thus would end in his chosen gloves. His main advantage is that his arms could not get disabled, but he would not be able to block. I'm thinking his name would just be Ray, sticking with the simplistic name pattern. What do you folks think?
This is a really cool idea. I'm picturing Marvin the Martian going akimbo with his ray guns and I want it.

TheSun

Right on man, sounds cool.

Makes me think how far they will toy around with the arms concept.

Neoxon

I'm surprised that we don't have fan art of Ms. Marvel, Martian Manhunter, Piccolo, & Mr. Fantastic as ARMS characters.

Top Bottom