• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS data-mined: 20 fighter codenames found! Also, Nintendo says an update is soon.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, I liked your Ruth post Prof. so I did my own mock-up based on "Plant"---note I'm an ARMS newbie to both lore and mechanics, so there might be errors here, but I guess I kind of developed this idea on what I thought would be cool.

Tsar Rose

Tsar Rose is a green-skin humanoid with rose-elements, and a figure skating motif---an "Ice Rose", you could say. Think like rose petals around his ARMS that look like fluffy sleeves. I was thinking he'd be very "bishonen", but kind of like the classic retro look from Rose of Versailles. Pun intended. He'd speak Russian.

Backstory, he started as a small flower that somehow survived in the harshest, coldest area on the continent before being rescued by researchers---it turns out he gained ARMS on his roots as well, which allowed him to absorb heat from a hot spring below. At a research laboratory a strange incident occurred where he slowly began to grow more and more humanoid, eventually becoming mentally indistinguishable from a regular human-being. Being told he was beautiful and special from an early age he became somewhat of a narcissist, and thus turned to becoming a professional figure skater and won many awards before turning to the ARMS Tournament as a way to gain even more fame and popularity. Naturally he became somewhat of a rival to Kid Cobra, both of them competing over who gets the most camera focus.

Rose is very thin, slightly tall though but otherwise the skinniest of the lot, and normally he walks very slowly and methodically---however his Special Ability, Thin Ice, allows him to transform his feet into thin thorns that he can use to skate on. While holding dash he can quickly skate around weaving in and out of the opponents attacks, and can quickly transfer into an attack with minimal lag after coming to a stop. To use this ability, he's the unique character who uses up the Rush Gauge in order to fuel his Special Ability.

He's all about evasion mainly on the ground, he's pretty slow in the air even when dashing as he does a dramatic pose when jumping, and has a weak grab like Ribbon Girl---basically you wanna stay away from the opponent as much as possible and attack from afar and he has low girth.

His other Ability is Rose Thorn, and this activates if he gets close enough to the opponent to physically touch them with his body----they acquire a small thorn which slowly does 1 damage, three thorns max though you need to touch the foe each time, but this can build up. Each thorn would fall off after doing 20 though. Thus a strategy is to play evasive but take a risk to touch the opponent if you can to do some extra damage.

His signature default ARM is the Lance-A-Lot, which is a green lance and part of the new Lance-class of ARMS---these work similar to Shields, the initial hit does light damage and slightly bumps the opponent back, and then a second punch causes the lance to expand and spike forward doing more damage. The Lance-A-Lot is neutral. As Tsar Rose needs to always be on the move to work best, the lighter hit is recommended but the bigger hit can be used if you have an opening.

His second default ARM is the Para-Snow, a Christmas-y reskin of the parasol with an Ice-attribute. Though he shouldn't go on the defensive too often, this can come in use when blocking an unexpected attack!

His final default ARM is the Zapamander, a yellow Slamamander with the stun ability---useful to attack the opponent from an opening and quickly move in to plant a Rose Thorn.

His stage would be a cathedral with an Ice Rink inside, the ice rink is shaped like a rose and there's plenty of regular floor around it to move around---characters slip on the ice offering up a whole new element of strategy as you could use this to your advantage by sliding as you toss a punch, or sliding into a shield. Of course his ARMS-themed remix would be a ballet-style rendition bringing to mind Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite.

So, I liked your Ruth post Prof. so I did my own mock-up based on "Plant"---note I'm an ARMS newbie to both lore and mechanics, so there might be errors here, but I guess I kind of developed this idea on what I thought would be cool.

Tsar Rose

Wow, you did an absolutely stellar job! You put my pitiful Ruth Canal post to shame!

Tsar is a really interesting interpretation of "Plant"; I love the idea of an Ice-based Plant character, that's not done very often. I also like the ice-skater motif that apparently plays into all of his animations; that's a very nice bit of flavor!

The abilities and ARMS are nice too. Thin Ice is really interesting, and I actually think it doesn't need to be Rush-fueled! Thorn is interesting as well, a nice reason to skate up to foes! I like the Lance-a-Lot, it's an interesting part of his characterization, fitting with the rose thorn motif. The Parasnow fits his "celebrity" status, and the Zapamander fits his play style.

All in all, a fantastic job! I'm currently working on a write up for Doctor Coil; is it okay to use your general framework for it?

Watch Da Birdie

Wow, you did an absolutely stellar job! You put my pitiful Ruth Canal post to shame!

Tsar is a really interesting interpretation of "Plant"; I love the idea of an Ice-based Plant character, that's not done very often. I also like the ice-skater motif that apparently plays into all of his animations; that's a very nice bit of flavor!

The abilities and ARMS are nice too. Thin Ice is really interesting, and I actually think it doesn't need to be Rush-fueled! Thorn is interesting as well, a nice reason to skate up to foes! I like the Lance-a-Lot, it's an interesting part of his characterization, fitting with the rose thorn motif. The Parasnow fits his "celebrity" status, and the Zapamander fits his play style.

All in all, a fantastic job! I'm currently working on a write up for Doctor Coil; is it okay to use your general framework for it?

Thanks! I'm more of a style over theory crafting guy but glad you like it, and yeah, feel free to borrow the format.

I'll probably do other ideas too.

Thanks! I'm more of a style over theory crafting guy but glad you like it, and yeah, feel free to borrow the format.

I'll probably do other ideas too.

I'm a firm believer that a little style goes a long way; it seems that the ARMS team follows the same philosophy. Your Tsar Rose, from the way I imagine him, would fit right in to the cast!

Thank you kindly! Expect Coil soon-ish. And please do, I'd love to see your concepts!

Introducing Doctor Coil, the Hed Researcher!

Appearance:

Doctor Coil is very much a stereotypical mad scientist. He wears a long white lab coat with multiple pockets, each one with multiple visible wires jutting from it. He is tall and lean, with a build somewhat similar to Byte. He wears glasses that are typically completely opaque. His stark-white hair is styled to resemble multiple lightning bolts. The Doctor's ARMS are large Tesla coils. However, the most striking detail of his appearance is the large Prototype Hedlok unit he wears on his torso. Normally, it's arms lay limp at his sides; when it's active, however, they enter a fighting stance, the Hedlok's eyes glowing red. Doctor Coil speaks vaguely German gibberish.

Backstory:

ARMS Labs has always been led from the shadows by a mysterious, unseen individual. Doctor Coil is that very individual. Coil has long been driven mad by his endless search for power; a search that has culminated in the invention of the Hedlok Unit. Unfortunately for the Doctor, the Hedlok Unit escaped shortly after being activated. To prevent the loss of his life's work, Coil donned a torso-mounted Prototype and entered the ARMS Tournament after hearing reports of Hedlok lurking about. Since he's there purely to reclaim Hedlok, Coil has little patience or respect for Max Brass and his tournament. He acts disinterested in every opponent until he finally meets Hedlok. The only other exception is Helix. Since Helix is a product of ARMS Labs, the two share a mutual respect for one another.

Abilities:

Prototype Hedlok: Before settling on the head-mounted model, Doctor Coil's original Hedlok design called for the device to be worn on the user's torso. Doctor Coil wields this forgotten prototype as his greatest weapon. By holding a charge for an extended period of time, he can activate the Prototype. Doing so gives him an additional ARM on each side that works similarly to the additional ARMS granted by the standard Hedlok. The Prototype Hedlok stays active until Coil is knocked down.

High Voltage: When at 20% health or lower, Coil's ARMS begin crackling with electricity. Any foe touching these ARMS will be shocked for a short stun and a bit of damage. In addition, the Hedlok Prototype stays perma-charged.

Signature ARMS:

Conductorb:
Similar at first glance to the Blorb, the Conductorb is a round, metallic cage-like device. When thrown, it bounces along a short ways before returning. When charged, however, each bounce causes the Conductorb to release a burst of Electricity that can stun the opponent.

Trizap: A simple Tri-style ARM with the Electric attribute. Slightly slower than the other Tri-style ARMS.

Shockamander: Likewise, a Mander-style ARM with the Electric attribute. It's curve is slightly less drastic than other Manders.

Stage:

Resembling the lab of Dr. Frankenstein, Dr. Coil's Study is a massive, dusty lab full of electrical devices and mysterious experiments. On occasion, Lightning strikes random portions of the rather large map. These deal nasty damage and a hefty stun, but are thankfully telegraphed in advance. Other than the poor weather, the Study is a fairly straightforward indoor arena, with little in the way of terrain. The Study's theme music is a slow, ominous orchestral piece featuring the theremin heavily.

Done and done! In a strange coincidence, I had written up an Electric Slapamander before reading Tsar Rose. Great minds think alike, I suppose!

Neiteio

The ARMS journal talked about Dr. C's people trying to collect a sample of Twintelle's hair, and then people mysteriously disappearing.

I imagine that "Twintale," if separate from Twintelle, must be the result of these hair experiments.

The ARMS journal talked about Dr. C's people trying to collect a sample of Twintelle's hair, and then people mysteriously disappearing.

I imagine that "Twintale," if separate from Twintelle, must be the result of these hair experiments.

This is my thought; a shaggy, monstrous creature made of stolen hair samples.

Neiteio

Judging by the reaction releasing new female fighters brings more attention than male ones.
It's the smile

e0344e5feb.jpg

Neiteio

Hm. Perhaps with some research, I can think of something more unique than "human arms but stretchy"...

By the by, what did you think of Doctor Coil?
I like it! It's similar to what I was picturing when you first suggested "Coil" is Dr. C, although the more I think about it, I wonder if the Hedlok chest unit might be the centerpiece of a robo-suit, similar to Mechanica. I'm thinking along the lines of (mild Sonic Mania spoilers)
Eggman's suit from Titanic Monarch Act 2
. The mad scientist's opaque-goggled/lightning-haired head will still be exposed, of course.

Actually, speaking of exposed heads (what a segue), I guess every character pretty much has to have a relatively humanoid head in order for normal Hedlok to latch onto them in Vs. Hedlok Mode, huh?

Makes me wonder if the shambling bush monster is still possible. Maybe Hedlok would just nest on top of it, lol.

On a side note, I feel an INTENSE LONGING to play Lola Pop RIGHT NOW. :-O

I like it! It's similar to what I was picturing when you first suggested "Coil" is Dr. C, although the more I think about it, I wonder if the Hedlok chest unit might be the centerpiece of a robo-suit, similar to Mechanica. I'm thinking along the lines of (mild Sonic Mania spoilers)
Eggman's suit from Titanic Monarch Act 2
. The mad scientist's opaque-goggled/lightning-haired head will still be exposed, of course.

Actually, speaking of exposed heads (what a segue), I guess every character pretty much has to have a relatively humanoid head in order for normal Hedlok to latch onto them in Vs. Hedlok Mode, huh?

Makes me wonder if the shambling bush monster is still possible. Maybe Hedlok would just nest on top of it, lol.

Thanks!

Hmm. I hadn't thought of that, but I could actually see a suit reminiscent of
Eggman's Phantom Ruby-powered exoskeleton.

And I just realized something horrifying: the already four-armed Coil getting equipped with the complete, four-armed Hedlok. *shudder*

If Plant does turn out to be a huge crawling bush, I could see Hedlok comically resting atop it like a deranged Christmas ornament. That said, you have a good point regarding exposed heads...

Doorman

The most bittersweet (heh) thing about Lola Pop's reveal trailer is the fact that she uses the phrase "Abracadabra!" in her rush activation, which to me kind of dashes my personal hope for a magician-themed fighter to appear in the game. I guess to be consistent with the datamine this would have been "surprise," but...frankly it was always more a made-up concept of my own to begin with, a magic-fighter with arms made out of that chain of tied-together colorful handkerchiefs.

You know the ones I'm talking about.
I had a whole concept planned out a while back at one point, including signature ARMS (one of them being derived from the arm of a plant-based fighter, incidentally), but it all feels kinda moot now.

Meanwhile, back on the main topic, I'm still not wholly convinced that all of these datamine names are individual new characters and not just beta-data for some of the existing ones (chain and twintale being the most obvious ones), especially since I doubt that they'd suddenly start doubling up on arm-materials between characters. The current cast has been pretty diverse about all of these so I have a hard time imagining another chain-armed fighter unless they were drastically different. If you think that one of the new fighters could be Ninjara's teacher, rather than Chain, I think we should be looking at Scroll. After all, we've already seen the school logo from some of Ninjara's other materials, and the mascot appears to be a scholarly frog with a scroll in its mouth. That frog head would already work as a fighter's logo, too.

The most bittersweet (heh) thing about Lola Pop's reveal trailer is the fact that she uses the phrase "Abracadabra!" in her rush activation, which to me kind of dashes my personal hope for a magician-themed fighter to appear in the game. I guess to be consistent with the datamine this would have been "surprise," but...frankly it was always more a made-up concept of my own to begin with, a magic-fighter with arms made out of that chain of tied-together colorful handkerchiefs.

You know the ones I'm talking about.
I had a whole concept planned out a while back at one point, including signature ARMS (one of them being derived from the arm of a plant-based fighter, incidentally), but it all feels kinda moot now.

Meanwhile, back on the main topic, I'm still not wholly convinced that all of these datamine names are individual new characters and not just beta-data for some of the existing ones (chain and twintale being the most obvious ones), especially since I doubt that they'd suddenly start doubling up on arm-materials between characters. The current cast has been pretty diverse about all of these so I have a hard time imagining another chain-armed fighter unless they were drastically different. If you think that one of the new fighters could be Ninjara's teacher, rather than Chain, I think we should be looking at Scroll. After all, we've already seen the school logo from some of Ninjara's other materials, and the mascot appears to be a scholarly frog with a scroll in its mouth. That frog head would already work as a fighter's logo, too.

Ooh, I'd be interested in seeing your magician concept!

My main rationale against the codenames being redundant is as simple as: if the codename was changed in development, why not just rename the folder rather than make a new one entirely? This is why I believe we're getting 10 DLCs total.

As for repeating Arm materials, Chain is the only redundant one I see. However, I see your point regarding Ninjara's Sensei. That said, I believe that Chain will still be the Sensei. My reasoning is that chains could easily be made to look distinct from Ninjara's arms and chains are associated with ninja weaponry. But, given that Scroll is one of the more mysterious code names, you may very well be correct.

Neiteio

I wonder if any new modes will be added with Lola Pop.

This game would greatly benefit from some sort of story mode. It doesn't have to be as ambitious as the one in SFV. I'm thinking more like an hour-long run for each character, where each character has their own story, with real-time cutscenes. Future characters would also receive their own story mode runs.

From a game development standpoint, in addition to creating real-time cutscenes, this would also involve making unique arenas and BGM exclusive to story mode, and perhaps some unique enemies and bosses to serve as your opponents (much like how SFV's story mode features fights with characters who aren't playable).

They could go all-out with enemy designs that tower over the player, or burrow underground, or fly. Along the way, the fighters will team up (with no pesky tether!) for certain encounters. Other times they may fight each other.

I think that, if the dev team were willing, this would be a plausible addition. Not entirely realistic since it's orders of magnitude more complex than anything added so far. But it would certainly be a great way to endear people to these characters and this game. And each new character added could also have their own story run added, as well.

They could also tweak some existing maps to make them feel like new arenas in story mode. For example, Spring Stadium at night, or Mausoleum during an eclipse, or Ninja College in the winter. This could cut down on the amount of work to be done.

JavyOO7

I don't see a new mode in the vein of Bball and volley ball... nor a story mode unfortunately. I'd love to be wrong though. I love all these characters and a nice story is what they need to put them over the top.

Lola Pop is amazingly designed. She makes me think of KaliedoStar.

I love everything about the design of the characters and the simple trivia and story given in the pre fight information is story enough for me.

Because we don't really need a fighting game story... I don't really need ARMS 4: Retribution where we have eight different Helixes and Spring Man's son Sprung Man fights Devil Max Rush to avenge his father being thrown into a volcano. Except it wasn't really Spring Man, it was his clone and Spring Man is now a masked hero in a cape who is suffering amnesia caused by an evil corporation.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
They should really add short simple ending g videos for completing the grand prix for every character to add lore to this characters that already have tons of background story clearly already written down

I would say that would be neat if Lola would ha e a catchphrase like "we all float down here"

Lol

Watch Da Birdie

Here's my idea for Chain...

I kind of took liberal use of what Chain could mean, since it's probably referencing the ARMS if it's Ninjara's Master . So, for me, I took chain perhaps if we had a fighter who was a criminal and chained up...

Big Bengal - The Big Cat Burglar

Big Bengal is a large and muscular character much like Max Brass, though slightly taller and not as "exaggerated" in terms of his muscles. I imagine him kind of looking like Darun Mister from Street Fighter EX, and as his name suggests is "Indian", or intended to be since ARMS is its own real-world if I recall. He has a tiger mask, and, well, he's basically inspired by the classic Japanese wrestler Tiger Mask and his ARMS are tiger fur as I think that'd look cool as they stretch out. Otherwise he wears a white prison jumpsuit with stripes (y'know, like a tiger) though with the sleeves ripped off and cut above the knees. He also wears no shoes because, well, that seems cool. Anyway, as you can guess, he's a prisoner and has two giant ball-and-chains wrapped around his ankles which weigh him down. And he has a tiger tail---is it an actual tail, or just a decoration? Nobody knows! He speaks with an Indian English accent.

Big Bengal is serving a life-sentence for a horrible crime (so horrific that nobody even knows what it was!) he committed, and has led a long life as a dangerous criminal who poaches animals---in particular he captures animals with ARMS abilities, locking them up in his own private palace. An actual tiger with an ARMS tail, Ringo, is his most famous capture and personal pet. Despite this, he struck a deal with Max Brass to compete in the ARMS Tournament---provided he doesn't go too far in his violence, and while he's allowed to have his ARMS free, his legs are binded with heavy ball-and-chains. Him and Byte and Barq have bad blood between them (or bad oil, in their case) due to being on opposite sides of the law and, of course, because cats hate dogs...

Or, so that's the "official story" for the ARMS League's most infamous heel. In reality Big Bengal is an extremely kind and caring individual who runs a private sanctuary protecting animals with ARMS from exploitation, a fact which has caused him to class in the past with a certain laboratory looking to study them more in-depth. Oh, and the tiger fur? It's not real. Why does he love acting like a heel? Nobody quite knows, but perhaps he maintains such a kind heart outside of the battlefield by channeling all his negative energy into his persona! Oh, and he's old friends with both Max Brass and the original creator of the Byte and Barq police models, but he won't admit that. He won't pull any punches against them, but besides Byte Bengal is the only person that Barq listens to.

Large and extremely slow due to the chains binding his legs, not to mention barely being able to jump, Big Bengal is the slowest character---while his throw is as powerful as Master Mummy's, his girth isn't quite as large so he isn't as overwhelmingly powerful. But, however, that's where his Abilities come in that make all the difference...

His key Ability is Uncaged, which works a bit opposite to Spring Man---once he inflicts a certain amount of damage to the opponent one of the chains binding his legs breaks, granting him a slight boost in speed and jumping power. When he inflicts the next amount of damage, the last chain breaks, and he becomes quite fast---slightly above average, and he can jump surprisingly high as he "pounces" on the opponent. This lasts for the duration of the current battle. So, though he's slow, since his girth isn't as advantageous as Master Mummy you wanna take a risk and get some good hits in, maybe taking some damage yourself, and then get faster and punish the opponent.

Oh, and those steel balls that were chained to his leg? When they become unchained they can be punched around by the fighters, doing a small amount of damage if they're bounced into the opponent. After while they'll break though.

His other Ability is Byakko. By holding guard for a certain duration, his body turns a metallic white color and he gets even slower and heavier---and while he takes damage, this removes the status effects of charged moves and reduces their damage to the regular damage, while uncharged attacks do 10 less and won't cause him to flinch. The downside is holding guard takes a bit (he'll keep some luster slightly between charges, but nor for long, and the effect doesn't activate till fully charged) leaving him open, but if you can pull it off it's a good way to get in close to the opponent and deal some damage to get Uncaged started. He can use Byakko when the first chain of Uncaged is off, but he can't use it once both chains are off and he's in full Uncaged---but by then you wanna go on the offensive.

His signature ARMS are the Clawbreakers, which are---well, giant metallic claws. While they look quite ferocious, they're quite slow and shoot forward in a small arc before slamming to the ground---there's a lot of lag, so you'll wanna plan on using them when the time is right. They're quite powerful, but they have another effect. Once they land, after a few seconds they'll slowly scrape along the ground back to the user. The user can freely move even while the claw is out, though they can't punch with that arm until it returns or guard. If they hit the opponent from behind while scraping back, they do additional damage (1/2 the normal damage, no status effects activated) meaning that while slow, you may score an extra hit if the opponent isn't careful. For Big Bengal these can be a great way to get Uncaged, especially when paired with Byakko as you get close enough to the opponent to pressure them and hit them with both hits!

His next default ARM is the Stinger, which is a lance like the Lance-A-Lot introduced with Tsar Rose but yellow and resembling a wasp's stinger---a tiger wasp, perhaps? As I said in that, the lance pokes forward and then doing another punch causes it to extend doing more damage. It's a good way to get some damage in directly, and the Stinger has an Electric attribute that can help slow down the opponent for Bengal to get in and do some damage!

Finally his third default ARM is the Fiery, a Seekie/Homie that's bright red---if you squint you can say it kind of looks like a shark. A tiger shark? Well, hey, you know I wanted to push the tiger motif as much as I could. As you can guess by the name it has a Fire element, and it's useful for chasing after the opponent if Bengal's slow speed is giving him trouble catching the opponent.

Big Bengal's stage is his personal jungle palace, full of exotic ARMS animals locked in cages---actually it's just for show, outside of fights he lets them roam free around the palace but can't let them do that when their are spectators about. The palace is pretty large and multi-tiered, with the gimmick being vines hanging from the roof. By using the lock-on command, normally useless in a one-on-one, you can target a nearby vine and grab it to swing by it and cover distance quickly. Once a vine has been swung on it pulls back up, but another vine will come down in a different location. Who, exactly, is moving these vines around? Also don't accidentally hit Ringo, Big Bengal's pet tiger, sitting in the background peacefully---if you do, it'll launch its ARMS tail at you doing some damage! The stage's theme is a Bollywood-style rendition of the ARMS Theme.

Birdie, congrats on another fantastic fighter concept!

Bengal is a really interesting take on the Chain prompt, and I love the idea of another big Heel to go with Master Mummy! I also love the idea of him trading defense for speed permanently; that seems like it'd add a nice layer of strategy to an otherwise straightforward brawler. His signature ARMS are all interesting too, as is his stage.

Watch Da Birdie

So, I'm not an artist, but I quickly sketched out some head designs for my concepts---and a weak attempt at a logo...

Tsar Rose---I was going for a Rose of Versaille look but, uh, he came out pretty JoJo-esque---hmm, doesn't he remind you of [REDACTED] from Part 5?

Anyway, he looks human here, but pretend he's green---he also has those lines on his cheeks to make him look more "alien.

The flower petals around his eyes aren't part of his body (though perhaps he grows them, sheds them, and turns them into a mask), but his mask. You can't really see it but there's a stem from the mask going down his left cheek because it's modeled after one of those masquerade masks you hold. Oh, and he doesn't have ears, but has mistletoe earrings because, y'know, Christmas!

The bouquet and stem though on his head is his hair. Er, so to speak.

His icon is supposed to be a snowflake crossed with rose petals.

This is Big Bengal, Masked and Un-Masked. You might not be able to tell, but his tiger mask only covers around his face---he used to have a full-on tiger mask like, well, Tiger Mask, but as a heel it was ripped off for dishonoring the ARMS Tournament.

As you can see he has a busy beard and mustache, and spiky black hair that looks like tiger ears, though it's graying on the sides for a striped look. Excluding people like Master Mummy and Helix, he'd be the oldest fighter on the roster but he keeps himself in very good shape despite being around 70 or so. You'll notice he basically looks like a tiger even without the mask, kind of a joke there. Like if I could draw better the intent was his mask blends in so seamlessly with his facial features it'd be hard to tell what actually is the mask, much like Jotaro's infamous hat.

Yeah, I'm not good with logo designs but I think I was going for a tiger made of chains? Or, like a bear trap. You know, in my backstory for this character I picture him as a long-time friend of Max Brass, like a mentor. But, y'know, perhaps they got a little too into fighting sometimes? You know, "bear" and all. But, he's a tiger, so I guess that lame pun doesn't work out as well as it did in my mind.

Wait, who's this? Well, I haven't totally thought this character through but here's my idea for "Scroll", Shi Shi! Also known as "Count Drawcula", and he's a jiangshi---those hopping vampires like the hot one from Darkstalkers. His name is, like, Shi meaning "death" and "four", and that little thing on his hat is supposed to be a four-panel comic, or 4-koma as they're known. It also resembles the little symbol you see on the traditional jiangshi outfit.

So, if you couldn't guess, he's a manga artist---the world's most famous manga artist who has been drawing a daily comic strip every day since becoming a jiangshi over 500 years ago. Like most manga artists he lives a harsh life with very little sleep, light, food, or rest...but, he's already dead, so none of that matters. He's never missed a deadline (pun intended), and manages to compete in ARMS on the side for fun and to boost his creativity. His daily manga is a humor four-panel comic starring a friendly Bat, "Batsy", who lives in Armsylvania. He's been recycling ideas of course, but his comic is still enjoyable to generation after generation. Though his comic is simple and friendly---like Family Circus/Marmaduke simple---he himself is somewhat reclusive outside of ARMS, and has a morose and sardonic personality. And he doesn't speak in battle, instead text balloons pop up with ARMS gibberish in them.

Also, I forgot to give him a mask but I thought it'd be cute if he just has dark shading under his hat which may, or may not, be a mask---you know, like one of those manga characters who are always shaded regardless of the light source?

Anyway, note he has a classic manga-style look to him with the upper lip and buckteeth, his jiangshi hat brings to mind the one Tezuka is always shown wearing, and his bat hair is like Astro Boys. Oh, and his zipper is shaped like a manga pen. Subtle, I know. Anyway he has a paper talisman nailed to his head like a jianshi, except instead of nailed it's thumbtacked and acts like an emo fringe. I guess it's not technically a "scroll", but his ARMS are paper talismans and like most jiangshi his shoulders are usually stiff and his ARMS held out in front of him waving in the wind---hey, he draws all the time, you'd be stiff too! I haven't thought too much about his gameplay yet, but his signature ARMS would be a new brush-type weapon that slashes horizontally in an arc and has a Blind effect.

His icon---well, I was going for a bat with pen fangs? It turned out pretty bad, and my pencil doesn't have an eraser haha so all these were quick doodles done from my head. Maybe a cuter bat as an icon, representing his "Batsy" character.

Oh, and while he looks like he'd be Min Min's rival I envision him as Master Mummy since, y'know, undead and all.

You should apply for a character design job; your ideas are very creative!

I definitely see the JoJo vibes in Tsar. He actually could pass for a Stand, heh. I like the logo too.

Bengal looks good too; the design really shows a lot of personality!

Shi-Shi is probably my favorite of the bunch. I love the idea of a modern day Jiangshi who just... never stopped doing what he did in life. It's also nice to see a non-Darkstalker Jiangshi who isn't played for horror. In fact, Shi-Shi looks infinitely friendlier than our current undead fighter! Something I think could be fun, were he real, would be to have his 4koma's texture change randomly between several different comics.

mas8705

So there has been one thing that has been bugging me a bit for some time now.

ryex4ynn95fz.jpg

What was the deal with this picture? It was a bit of a swerve that they showed this off and then suddenly we got Lola Pop. Of course, this could have something to do with Plant, but it feels off to show this off when for all we know, we aren't going to see that character anytime soon. Still, it would be fun to try and figure out the characters we are going to see coming up, and part of me wants to try and give this a shot too.

For some reason (probably because of Mei's trailer) I was thinking of a character that could perhaps have the ability to set up walls or barriers to hide behind. Of course, the idea would be that perhaps the walls are very weak, should the opponent set up a wall, it can take a hit and stop the attack (but certain ARMS like the heavy ARMS that can overpower the lighter weapons or weapons that can do multiple hits can knock the wall down while ensuring the attack still can hit the character). Alongside with that, the wall could also function like a miniature platform for the character in order to jump on like what Byte does with Barq (only that perhaps after the character jumps on the wall, it gets destroyed in the process).

Hell, maybe that could be applied to the Plant fighter since it would be almost like the plant fighter can set up "flowers" or "bushes" that can help to take a hit and stop a weak attack, or can be bounced off of. That way, it would be like one player sets up a "Garden of Pain" that is hard to maneuver around in order to get the fighter.

So there has been one thing that has been bugging me a bit for some time now.

ryex4ynn95fz.jpg

What was the deal with this picture? It was a bit of a swerve that they showed this off and then suddenly we got Lola Pop. Of course, this could have something to do with Plant, but it feels off to show this off when for all we know, we aren't going to see that character anytime soon. Still, it would be fun to try and figure out the characters we are going to see coming up, and part of me wants to try and give this a shot too.

For some reason (probably because of Mei's trailer) I was thinking of a character that could perhaps have the ability to set up walls or barriers to hide behind. Of course, the idea would be that perhaps the walls are very weak, should the opponent set up a wall, it can take a hit and stop the attack (but certain ARMS like the heavy ARMS that can overpower the lighter weapons or weapons that can do multiple hits can knock the wall down while ensuring the attack still can hit the character). Alongside with that, the wall could also function like a miniature platform for the character in order to jump on like what Byte does with Barq (only that perhaps after the character jumps on the wall, it gets destroyed in the process).

Hell, maybe that could be applied to the Plant fighter since it would be almost like the plant fighter can set up "flowers" or "bushes" that can help to take a hit and stop a weak attack, or can be bounced off of. That way, it would be like one player sets up a "Garden of Pain" that is hard to maneuver around in order to get the fighter.

Ah, yes; the bush picture. We've speculated in the past that the bush itself is Plant; take a look at this enhanced photo:

M1zbvC4.jpg

As you can see, that branch off to the side curls like the other fighters' ARMS. This is evidence that this bush has the ARMS Gene. The ARMS Lab Journal explicitly states that plants and animals can have the gene as well as humans. My current guess is that Plant is just what we see here: a huge bush with eyes and ARMS.

That being said: your ability concept is very interesting! I think a character who builds temporary cover could work quite well in the ARMS Engine. They'd certainly give high-curve ARMS a new use.

mas8705

As you can see, that branch off to the side curls like the other fighters' ARMS. This is evidence that this bush has the ARMS Gene. The ARMS Lab Journal explicitly states that plants and animals can have the gene as well as humans. My current guess is that Plant is just what we see here: a huge bush with eyes and ARMS.

That being said: your ability concept is very interesting! I think a character who builds temporary cover could work quite well in the ARMS Engine. They'd certainly give high-curve ARMS a new use.

I did see earlier in the thread that this was discussed about the curve on the side being the "ARMS" of the creature while the eyes are self-explanatory in itself. It was a fascinating read and I'll admit that it has been fun to read the theories and ideas of those in this thread.

Also thank you for the kind words about my concept. ^_^ I didn't realize until you mentioned "High-Curve Arms" that this could be something similar to what we see with Helix and his Blorb ARMS. If that were the case, then I wouldn't be shocked that if we did see a character that can set up "barriers" for themselves, their arms probably would reflect that (or at least having one or two arms that can attack opponents overhead or from the sides).

Definitely will be following this thread to see what fun things that can be thought of. ^_^

I did see earlier in the thread that this was discussed about the curve on the side being the "ARMS" of the creature while the eyes are self-explanatory in itself. It was a fascinating read and I'll admit that it has been fun to read the theories and ideas of those in this thread.

Also thank you for the kind words about my concept. ^_^ I didn't realize until you mentioned "High-Curve Arms" that this could be something similar to what we see with Helix and his Blorb ARMS. If that were the case, then I wouldn't be shocked that if we did see a character that can set up "barriers" for themselves, their arms probably would reflect that (or at least having one or two arms that can attack opponents overhead or from the sides).

Definitely will be following this thread to see what fun things that can be thought of. ^_^

Welcome aboard! I'm glad you've enjoyed our theorizing and concepts, and I hope to see more posts from you!

Neiteio

I still want to talk about Lola Pop, but her announcement thread is dead despite me bumping it three times in a row, lol. I'll copy over some of what I posted there.

First, some Gamescom footage of NOE reps demoing Lola Pop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yR5DXXMowo

So if I'm understanding their explanation correctly, her special abilities appear to work as follows:

Block on ground --> Continue moving while guarding

Jump while blocking --> Super-high jump

Air-dash --> Inflate mid-air, deflecting first incoming hit (like Min Min's kick)

Block while jumping --> Drop quickly to ground

My take: Insane mobility and defensive options, as well as potential for pressure tactics like cornering. However, half of her special moves involve blocking, which means clicking in the left stick when using traditional controls. I find this tricky! Guess I'll have to git gud.

I'm SUPER HYPED for this character.

Also, did anyone ever post the HD screens? Her design is so good:

arms3.0-lolapop015tu1w.jpg

arms3.0-lolapop02vougd.jpg

arms3.0-lolapop03fyu43.jpg

arms3.0-lolapop04lguqp.jpg

arms3.0-lolapop05gmutp.jpg

Rafavert

I'll take the chance to cross post from Lola's thread and add to the speculation:

Just noticed something curious:

w7yo9GF.png

Aside from these symbols, there was one more I failed to get, but it's Lola's icon (as seen on her shield)

What are these? The rightmost one seems to be ARMS' symbol. No idea about the two others, though. New manufacturers...?

Watch Da Birdie

Here's my detailed summary of my idea for Scroll, Shi Shi the Manga-ka Jianshi!

Shi Shi - "Count Drawcula"

Shi Shi is technically over 500 years old, but he has the body of a young man---he's rather short though and thin, but has large arm girth since Jiangshi usually are depicted with large arms. He's wearing the usual Jiangshi-style outfit, like Hsien-ko from Darkstalkers, that's colored black with white highlights. On the front he has a pen-shaped zipper that connects to an icon on the front of his short that is four interlocking symbols meant to represent a 4-koma manga which also is an icon on his hat as well. On the back of his outfit is a circle with a black bat ink blot within---this is important! His skin is purplish-blue, since he's like a zombie. As for his ARMS, they're Chinese-style paper talismans with images of cute comic characters on them that change as he fights between different textures. His arms are usually held out stiffly in front of him. He doesn't speak, rather he communicates through text bubbles with ARMS gibberish within.

Once a young artist who lived long, long ago he died in a fatal accident---but, luckily for him, he came back as a Jiangshi (Chinese Vampire), and continues his life work as a professional manga artist. He puts out a new 4-panel gag strip every day called "Batsy", about a friendly bat that lives in Armsylvania. He never sleeps, eats, or really has any freetime due to his harsh schedule between drawing his manga and competing in ARMS Tournaments on the side, but he's already dead so it doesn't really matter. He takes part in ARMS to boost his creativity, though to be honest his manga has been recycling stories and gags for years---but he's got a lot of fans for his simple and enjoyable style, and he's been entertaining generation after generation. Because he draws all the time he has stiff shoulders, so his fighting stance comes off as a bit odd and stilted compared to the more flexible foes. He didn't have ARMS till he woke up as a Jiangshi, by the way.

His personality is very morose and sardonic, and he never really seems to be enjoying himself while fighting---on the other hand his comic is extremely light-hearted and family friendly, so some believe he pours all of his positive energy into it and has none left for himself. While he has many fans who enjoy his comic, most people only know him by his comic and don't pay much attention to the actual artist---when it comes to ARMS fighters, he's not much of a draw and even the other competitors tend to avoid him. Master Mummy for some reason HATES him with a passion, perhaps because they're undead rivals? Or maybe he just doesn't find Shi Shi's comics funny? Nobody really knows. Mummy's wife and child though seem to enjoy them, so perhaps there's a sense of jealousy since Master Mummy isn't exactly Mr. Personality...

Shi Shi is somewhat of an unorthodox fighter like Helix, he's not exactly fast but moves in an odd way---though his ARMS are always stiff and facing forward, the rest of his body awkwardly moves like a doll low to the ground allowing him to weave in-and-out quite easily. When he dashes his body moves first as his ARMS remain in place for a second, allowing him to pull off some interesting maneuvers. When he jumps the same thing happens, the rest of his body moves before his ARMS do. This can be tricky to fight against, and tricky to pull off if you play as Shi Shi. He's pretty light, but has the largest girth alongside Master Mummy due to his large ARMS. His Throw isn't anything special though.

Since Shi Shi is a corpse, he has an Ability known as "Rag Doll". Basically Shi Shi cannot be knocked down---if he takes damage that would normally do so, instead his spine "snaps" back. Though he'll be a bit slower, he can still move around, and after a few seconds will recover. This allows him to keep going and prevents the opponent from interrupting him, and his hitbox is a bit shorter, though be mindful that this also prevents him from gaining mercy invincibility that a character would normally gain by being knocked down. He can still get blown away by the Wind Element and stunned by Stun, though.

His other ability is Batsy, which summons an ink-drawing of his character Batsy the Bat to aid him! When jumping holding the button in mid-air summons Batsy (who pops out of the icon on his back), who will briefly hover in place---Shi Shi can continue to move around though and after a few seconds Batsy will launch an attack (an uncharged Punch based on the ARMS you didn't choose for the match) at the opponent. Use this to temporarily confuse your opponent as they have to watch for an additional attack as Shi Shi moves around. After using this the icon on Shi Shi's back returns as an empty outline, and you can't summon Batsy again till the ink fills up. Use it when you got your opponent on the ropes!

Shi Shi's signature ARM is the Broad Stroke, a new brush-like weapon---it flies forward and then slashes horizontally, jumping over is the best option while trying to sidestep it may not be enough! It also has the Blind Attribute, an ink blot temporarily covering your opponent's screen allowing Shi Shi to move in and strike!

Shi Shi's second default ARM is the Numbchuk, which works like the new Funchuk Lola Pop has---though we don't know all that it does, it seems to act as a mini-shield while charging! The Numbchuk has a Ice Attribute because, hey, I really, really wanted to use that pun.

Finally Shi Shi's third ARM is the Minammer, a hammer-type weapon---it introduces a new Attribute into the fold known as Shrink, which causes the opponent's Arm Girth to shrink by two stages, or one if it can't go lower than that, for a few seconds. Yep, Shi Shi as you can see has some tricky moves with access to both Blind and now Shrink helping him out!

Shi Shi's stage is BatsyLand, a giant theme park dedicated to his iconic comic strip with a horror-theme---it's pretty well-lit though and always crowded with people wearing Batsy masks (unlike most other ARMS fans, nobody wants to dress as Shi Shi---they dress as his more appealing mascot character instead!) and lit up with fireworks and roller coasters. Speaking of roller coasters, the "Batsy-Out-Of-Heck" is a roller coaster that runs right through the arena during the fight! There's a four-way intersection in the middle of the stage that the coaster runs through, so pay attention to it in the background and listen for the yell of screaming fans to make sure you get out of the way or you'll take major damage and be tossed back! While Shi Shi thanks to Rag Doll normally cannot be knocked down, the roller coaster hitting him is one of the few exceptions that will send him flying down! The theme of this stage is the ARMS theme with a creepy Amusement Park-style to it, think that one level from NieR: Automata.

Ah, what an interesting set of abilities and ARMS!

I like the idea that, while his work is loved, Shi-Shi himself is seen as too creepy to cheer for. I also like his Ragdoll ability. One question though: how would it interact with being thrown?

I also like being able to call in Batsy for aid; the outline/ink meter mechanic is an elegant way to illustrate cooldown as well!

Broadstroke seems interesting in that we don't really have any wide attacks in ARMS barring the Trident-type ARMS. Ice Nunchucks will probably be useful, but I must admit that I'm unsure what how they behave exactly. Shrink sounds like an interesting status effect, and would certainly come in handy when facing Cobra and Mummy!

I love the idea of Batsyland; spooky carnivals/amusement parks are a setting that is woefully underused!

Watch Da Birdie

Hmmm---how about when he's thrown he lands on his neck, and then quickly pops up and has the smaller hit-box?

Watch Da Birdie

Here's my idea for Sumo in the meantime---I don't think they'd just go with a sumo wrestler, so I took it a bit loosely and created a character who was big like a sumo wrestler, but wasn't actually a sumo wrestler. My concept ended up being a Cthulu monstrosity with octopus ARMS...

Cth'lutton - "The All-Devouring Abyss!"

Cth'lutton is a strange creature---its body is humanoid, with an extremely large gelatinous belly while it has a small head and legs, and its ARMS are pink octopus tentacles with eyes popping out. It doesn't have hair, instead its head is like a puffer fish with tentacle dreads, and its eyes resemble goggles while its mouth is large like a baleen whale and filled with teeth. It's always grinning like an idiot. It wears an octopus-like "mawashi" around its waist, and has gills on the side of its stomach. Basically, it's a weird fish-humanoid that looks a cross between Cthulu and Jimbe from One Piece. It doesn't talk, instead it makes bizarre shrieks and groans. Unique to Cth'lutton is it has four ARMS, two left and two right.

There exists a cursed tome in the ARMS World known as the Neganomicon, an infamous grimoire said to be written by a mysterious scholar, Armdul Armzred, that tells of the true nature of the strange spiral eye-pattern associated with ARMS fighters. Though the book doesn't "exist" according to official sources and is merely a legend, many dispute this claim and some believe that it is safely guarded by a powerful government organization fearful of its existence being made public. Regardless of its authenticity, one element claimed to be in the book is a passage describing a strange, otherworld creature known only as "The Devourer", a savage glutton that eats anything in its path and is never satisfied. The legend goes on to say that an ancient city was sunk beneath the waves due to the Devourer gobbling so much food that its weight could not be supported by the island, casting it into the depths of the ocean---does such a creature exist?

Maybe. Meet Cth'lutton, one of the strangest ARMS Fighters known to man! Nobody knows where "it" came from, but it appeared from the ocean one day and went on a path of destruction as it ate its way through every restaurant it came across---it eats everything, though it seems to have somewhat of a particular interest in sea-food. It doesn't seem to display any particular intelligence, and the noises that spawn from its mouth can only be described as "otherworldly", babbling so inane that it can cause people to go mad. Or, at least get annoyed. Though it doesn't appear to be discerning when it comes to what it eats, it'll even try to gobble its own ARMS equipment!, researchers have noticed the strange creature experimenting with various combinations of food as if it was cooking. Perhaps it's actually a genius chef in search of the perfect food, mixing ingredients randomly as it traverses the globe looking for that "perfect" flavor? Well, such a creature was causing buffets to go out of business so the ARMS League took matters into their own hands and turned the creature into a fighter, training it to entertain the masses in exchange for all the food it could ever want. Y'see the ARMS League budget is as endless as the creature's budget, so they can totally afford it.

Cth'lutton as a gourmand absolutely loves Min-Min's ramen, but is banned for life from the Mintendo Noodle House for obvious reasons. You could consider the two "rivals" in this way perhaps.

Cth'lutton is a very large and rotund character, and while he moves slow he can jump rather high and floats as if it was a balloon. This makes it quite vulnerable, but as we'll see below it has a unique attribute to help it get around this.

Cth'lutton is unique as it has two sets of ARMS, two left and two right, and when you choose ARMS you choose one per side---so you'll have two of each ARMS equipped. It can throw each of its ARMS independently, so if you punch with the left you can then punch again with the other left, punch with the right, etc. Basically, it can have four punches out at once. To balance this out, its Arm Girth is rather small despite being a large character, and it cannot charge his attacks even when Rushing---but he makes up for this of course by being able to bombard the opponent four times. For the most part this also means, outside of Rush, it cannot take advantage of attributes. ARMS that activate by using a second punch---the Shields and my idea for the Lance-type weapons---can only use their first attack. When it grabs it just launches all four ARMS at once, so its grab works the same as everyone else but is on the weaker side.

Cth'lutton's use of four ARMS counts as one of its unique Abilities, so it only has one other---Adaptability. Though it cannot make use of Attributes, it has a special way of countering them. If the opponent hits it with the same Attribute attack twice, the second time will only do 1/3rd of the damage and the Attribute won't activate. This means when fighting it for max damage you'll want to switch up ARMS, and using the same ARM on both sides might not be a good idea when facing it.

Cth'lutton's default signature ARM is the Neganomicon, an ARM modeled after the infamous tome that resembles a book---it has no Attribute, but when it punches out it stops briefly in the air and opens up and shoots off a spiral energy beam that targets the enemy. The beam moves slow, but thanks to Cth'lutton's four ARMS it can make the opponent quite nervous by targeting them with multiple beam attacks that can prove tricky to navigate. The slow attack of the move leaves it open, so don't shoot out all four ARMS at once and leave yourself vulnerable!

Its second default ARM is the Octogram, a non-attribute version of the Chakram---its pink and, well, kind of resembles an octopus I guess? Launching off multiple curving weapons can prove quite deadly!

Finally its last default ARM is the Bloop, which is just like the Blorb except without the Blind Attribute---as you can see none of Cth'lutton's ARMS have Attributes since it can't make use of them outside of a Rush. While these slow ink blobs usually aren't a big deal due to their awkward bouncing movement, sending out four of them flying around willy-nilly can be quite the headache for the opponent!

Cth'lutton's stage is the Sunken City, an underground temple that fills on and off with water, water deep enough that characters slow down slightly as they wade through it. Its theme is a rather creepy rendition of the ARMS theme involving pipe organs, ominous chanting, and shrieks of pure madness!

I cannot stress this enough: you really should consider a career in character design!

Cth'lutton is a really fascinating design in that he takes a somewhat out-there concept (gourmet eldritch abomination) and manages to perfectly adapt it to the bright, saccharine world of ARMS. He even weaves in some of the more sinister undercurrents that the ARMS Lore brings in. This is a fascinatingly unique take on a rather generic prompt, and for that I tip my hat to you!

My next fighter will be posted later; I'm still working out some of the kinks in his mechanics...

Watch Da Birdie

See, I'm more of a concept guy but I don't really have any technical skills like drawing and such---like I can do I guess a decent face, but there's no way I could draw a full-body model of any of these ideas without it looking like scribbles!

But thanks! I'm already working on my next two ideas, Robo and Twintale. I went a bit more standard with Robo, but my idea with Twintale played with the idea if what if the name was meant to be "twintail" like I've seen people mention.

See, I'm more of a concept guy but I don't really have any technical skills like drawing and such---like I can do I guess a decent face, but there's no way I could draw a full-body model of any of these ideas without it looking like scribbles!

But thanks! I'm already working on my next two ideas, Robo and Twintale. I went a bit more standard with Robo, but my idea with Twintale played with the idea if what if the name was meant to be "twintail" like I've seen people mention.

I look forward to it! My next fighter is actually not related to the code names, but if I were to give him one, it'd be Fuse.

Introducing Mr. Dynamight, the Demolitionist!

Mr. Dynamight is the superhero-esque mascot of Dynamight Demolition Company, one of the ARMS League's many sponsors. He has the appearance of a sort of personification of dynamite: he is completely red with TNT emblazoned across his chest in white lettering. Build-wise, he's slightly taller than Spring Man, and slightly less muscular than Max Brass. He wears a pair of triangular shades constantly and bears a cocky grin 99% of the time. However, the most striking elements of his appearance are the large plungers on his head and shoulders. These plungers resemble the quintessential cartoon detonator, and behave like them too. Dynamight's ARMS take the appearance of large fuses, and he has similar ARM Girth to Max Brass. His logo is that of his parent company: a stylized explosion with Dynamight's shades in front of it.

The specifics of how the ARMS Gene works continue to elude the researchers at ARMS Labs. Plants, Animals, even the undead have been granted the mysterious gift with no apparent rhyme or reason. However, no case is as strange as that of Mr. Dynamight. Originally little more than a mascot character used for a demolition company, a life-sized mural of Mr. Dynamight one day peeled itself from the walls of Dynamight Demolition Co. Headquarters. With his newfound existence and the gift of ARMS, Mr. Dynamight set out to test his mettle with the ARMS League. He competes for many reasons: to advertise his parent company, for the love of the sport, to enjoy his sudden existence, but mostly to hear the heavenly chorus of explosions that follow him everywhere. Mr. Dynamight has proven to be very popular with children due to his explosive antics, but he's recently found himself at odds with Mechanica after he jokingly offered to demolish the Scrapyard for her.

Mr. Dynamight, as his name suggests, is a massive fan of explosions. This is exemplified by his first Ability: Volatile. With Volatile, any ARM that Dynamight charges gains the Explosive attribute on top of its current attribute. If the ARM was already Explosive, the blast radius is increased. This is a risky ability, as Dynamight isn't immune to his own explosions. However, if used well, Volatile can prove to be a very useful asset.

Dynamight's second ability is Handmine. By holding a charge for an extended period of time, Dynamight can plant a mine where he stands. This mine is visible to Dynamight, but not his opponent. Upon anyone, even Dynamight himself, standing on it, the mine explodes, dealing damage and an elemental effect depending on the ARMS Dynamight has equipped. By holding Dash, he'll set a Handmine with the attribute of his left ARM, and holding Jump uses his right ARM. Only two Handmines can exist at a time, one for each ARM. If a third is set, the oldest mine immediately detonates.

Signature ARMS:

Poworb:
A Blorb-type ARM that resembles a cartoonish bomb, the Poworb bounces around wildly when thrown. When charged up, it gains the Explosive attribute, causing explosions every time it hits the ground. Naturally, this is an extremely dangerous and useful ARM for Dynamight.

Dragoon: A Hydra-type ARM with a cool blue color scheme. When charged, it bears the Ice attribute, freezing foes in their tracks! This is another ARM that pairs well with Dynamight's Volatile ability.

Megagust: A green Mega-type ARM with strategically placed fans. When charged, it increases in size dramatically and gains the Wind attribute. The large size of this ARM makes it risky for both parties when combined with Dynamight's Volatile ability.

Stage: Rubble Canyon

A decommissioned quarry bought up by Dynamight Demolition Co., Rubble Canyon is used to test new equipment and explosives. The Canyon is a very, very large map with large piles of rubble to use as cover. These rubble piles can be destroyed with repeated attacks, but doing so causes the pile to collapse violently, possibly crushing a fighter under it for massive damage. Rubble Canyon's variation of the ARMS Theme is a high-tempo number with a heavy focus on the guitar and drums.

UPCOMING ATTRACTIONS:

Stick
Binary
Plant
Twintale
...and more?

Watch Da Birdie

See, what I love about ARMS is I feel the initial roster basically leaves nothing "out"---they didn't go crazy with it, but there's enough wackiness from the norm in Master Mummy, Helix, and Barq and Byte that they basically can add anything they want without any real justification and it'll perfectly fit.

It's not like Street Fighter where you had a "normal" cast in II and it drew criticism when you got some crazy, semi-magical characters in III, from the get-go I can easily see "living dynamite mascot" being welcomed with open arms to the, well, cast of ARMS. My next idea for a character, "Twintale", kind of follows that line of thought---what if in the ARMS universe everyone is just "meh" to the supernatural and such since ARMS exist. I mean, like not once have they even pointed out that Biff is some weird creature.

Mechanically, I feel you're on a whole 'nother level from me---very neat ideas there with unique strategic elements, and a bit of a Bomberman risk-reward thing too!

I'm gonna guess---some computer virus with ARMS made up of 1s and 0s? Probably a Helix rival?

Top Bottom