• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level-5: "Dark Cloud 3 is in Sony's control"

theofficefan99

I want to see a Level 5 game with decenf writing before I request sequels. You'd think after literally every game has gotten tons of shit for horrid writing they'd get the hint

Dragun619

I'd be just cool if we get another SCEJ x Level 5 collaboration, though with where Level 5 is at now, I'm certain they wouldn't be too interested in giving a new ip to Sony. So lets go Dark Cloud 3.

12295827385_de535e4a80_b.jpg

theofficefan99

TBH I loved the Dark Cloud games as a child but replaying both of them months ago made me realize Dark Cloud 1 is pretty bad and Dark Cloud 2 is tedious as hell.

It's a shame, because outside of Dark Cloud 2's fucking terrible Georama system, I was really enjoying my time with it.

GSR

They should do Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright 2 instead.

IIRC that project wound up being way more difficult and time-consuming than either company anticipated, and it didn't exactly set the sales charts on fire at the height of Layton and Ace Attorney's popularity.

I'd love it, but it's never gonna happen.

klee123

SCEJ at this point would prefer to fund Knack 3 instead.

But knack 2 would outsell a dark cloud 3
*runs

Not with the abysmal performance in Japan. It did barely over 2k on its first week.

Doubt the EU sales would make up for it either since it barely charted in the UK.

Does Dark Cloud still hold up today? Always wanted to play it back in the day, but when I finally got my PS2 (the Slim, so rather late in the console's life cycle) the game was nowhere to be found (probably already out of print by that time) and I could never find a used copy anywhere. It's in the sale on PSN again and I was thinking of getting it. But don't quite know what to make of it. The gameplay looks kinda slow and clunky and nothing like Zelda at all. Does this game even have towns with things to do or are you always crawling through dungeons?

I love this game call it the killer of anything and I'd be forced to agree lol
Does Dark Cloud still hold up today? Always wanted to play it back in the day, but when I finally got my PS2 (the Slim, so rather late in the console's life cycle) the game was nowhere to be found (probably already out of print by that time) and I could never find a used copy anywhere. It's in the sale on PSN again and I was thinking of getting it. But don't quite know what to make of it. The gameplay looks kinda slow and clunky and nothing like Zelda at all. Does this game even have towns with things to do or are you always crawling through dungeons?
60 fps clunkiness is part of the charm but I'm still always impressed by how you can town build in realtime

It isn't like Zelda and don't need to be it's a fine creature of its own

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

I think Dark Cloud 2 does.

Top Bottom