• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

driggonny

Banned
Thought I'd post a quick update since I don't come here much these days.

I'm on hrt now. It's been a little over 2 weeks. I'm on a fairly high dose of spiro so it hasn't exactly been the best 2 weeks lol, but I think I'm doing a better job with maintaining the side effects now.

It's crazy to think that I went from realizing that I'm transgender to hrt within a couple months. Feels like it's been a year tbh, but I've been fairly lucky to have a good knowledgeable therapist and a doctor on my campus who is trained in this and gladly gave me the drugs without much bullshit.

Phreaker

here are the cookies. they taste like smashed muffins in a hotel lobby so me and cooking shall remain distant acquaintances
I have zero interest in cooking, hate the process, and hate the cleanup so I am honestly not worried about it but thanks

Bon Appétit! I'll cook for you, you can bake. ;)

kuYuri

Thought I'd post a quick update since I don't come here much these days.

I'm on hrt now. It's been a little over 2 weeks. I'm on a fairly high dose of spiro so it hasn't exactly been the best 2 weeks lol, but I think I'm doing a better job with maintaining the side effects now.

It's crazy to think that I went from realizing that I'm transgender to hrt within a couple months. Feels like it's been a year tbh, but I've been fairly lucky to have a good knowledgeable therapist and a doctor on my campus who is trained in this and gladly gave me the drugs without much bullshit.

Congrats~

Bladenic

Bon Appétit! I'll cook for you, you can bake. ;)

I see this Perra promo

C-Hl8bwW0AMKKb-.jpg

Gibbs

not trying to draw conclusions, but sounds to me like your ex wasn't willing to adapt the relationship with you anymore, which is devastating...

after all, I can be willing to do everything for a relationship, but ultimately it also depends on the other person, if they don't want to be here in this relationship, there is nothing that can be done, the bond will crack in the end.

what I said was more about starting a relationship, but on the course of life they can change drastically or be affected by many other things, it really depends on how prone are the couple to let the relationship be affected by events in life.

The thing is, he was raised extremely close to me in ideals and such. His mother was amazed how similar I was raised, and my views on things as she said thats how she raised him. I'd like to believe his parents liked me, they treated me extremely well, and his step-dad was incredible to me. Even when I left he gave me the biggest hug and wouldn't let go.

We made plans, talked about getting our own place, and we were drawing out a future... Then it hit like a brickwall when he starts that he isn't successful at his age and how he compared himself to others his age, and even to celebrities. It got to the point where he felt I was his problem, when in fact, he was his own worst enemy. He'd write stories, I'd read them and be extremely supportive and he'd delete the file because "it was shit" and he would be depressed for days about it.

Again, his failures like writing were my fault.

Why don't we talk now? He told this 45yr old douche about me, and he convinced my ex to cut me off, as its the only way he could ever move on and be successful. Yeah, a 45yr old who wanted to sleep with my 27yr old ex. Right, like that will end well. Apparently my promise to always protect him was "over the top." Goodluck finding someone like me who cares enough, and will turn sand to glass to protect someone I care about.

Your boyfriend is doing it right.

Daddy satisfied. I even impressed myself at times.

here are the cookies. they taste like smashed muffins in a hotel lobby so me and cooking shall remain distant acquaintances

That doesn't look too bad DOWN. Cooking is an art, but also isn't too terribly hard to do. Perhaps we'll do a cooking with Gaf and turn you into the next MasterChef. I believe in you!

He's taken and also you can be with the rest of us on the waiting list. No skipping.

*Waits in line* Dammit. I thought my extremely awesome cooking skills would push me to the front of the line.

So Starbucks is advertising on Grindr now. XD

screenshot_2017-04-28cbj36.png

It makes sense, considering it's such a progressive company. But still, it's weird to see such a prominent company there. At least it's advertising the Unifrap. "Ya gays like rainbow colours and shit, right?" :p

What are you, some therapist now?

S6AVQF5.gif

Jk, treat me next

Haha, I wish. I've thought about pursuing a career in counselling before, actually. I have an interest in psychology (I minored in it) and I absolutely love when I'm able to help people through a difficult time. It makes me feel useful, like I made a difference. For instance, my friend is so, so much better now. He thanks me a lot for helping him through the early stages. He was worried at first he'd have to check himself in, but now he's feeling confident and hopeful again. :D

But I just don't know if I could do it day in and day out. I have issues of my own, obviously, and I worry that being surrounded by that every day would have a negative impact on me in the long run.

I can see the resemblance.
Yeah, it's not perfect, but I think it's there.

We just got married in Hawaii this morning 😘

Oh my GAWD! You two are adorable! Belated congrats from me. I wish you both a long, happy life together. 😊

Woo, congrats, man!

Also, hope you haven't given up on baking.
You should have seen my first attempts, Jesus... You're doing great already and in no time you'll switch to layer cakes, you'll see.
I plan on doing it again but others in my family have made a cake so the place cakes go is in use this weekend.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
y'all need to get on The Handmaid's Tale STAT

GjoRUN6.jpg

elizabeth moss tries to survive in a horrifying dystopian world where conservative christians take over the US, remove women's autonomy, and kill all the gays. it will literally make you scream

its fantastic so far. soty material tbh~

nice cookie down

Golnei

How did that actually gain traction, anyway? I know certain circles of K-pop fans tend to write a lot of odd fanfiction, but the "Chinese billionaire" angle is a strange choice.

Phreaker

GjoRUN6.jpg

elizabeth moss tries to survive in a horrifying dystopian world where conservative christians take over the US, remove women's autonomy, and kill all the gays. it will literally make you scream

This sounds interesting. It's only available on HULU tho?

Vazduh

That feeling when the guy you were crushing on for years gets a job in another country.

MA4pKIi.gif

It's a temporary arrangement, but there's a very high chance he'll stay there indefinitely. Also, not so long ago I found out through the grapevine he's closeted so all this kinda stings a bit more than I hoped it would.

I'm conflicted. On one hand I feel happy for him, but still... Oh, well, just my luck.

s2hOy20.gif

It's not the end of the world, I know, I know...

Gibbs

That feeling when the guy you were crushing on for years gets a job in another country.

MA4pKIi.gif

It's a temporary arrangement, but there's a very high chance he'll stay there indefinitely. Also, not so long ago I found out through the grapevine he's closeted so all this kinda stings a bit more than I hoped it would.

I'm conflicted. On one hand I feel happy for him, but still... Oh, well, just my luck.

s2hOy20.gif

It's not the end of the world, I know, I know...

Have you told him that you like him? If not, tell him before its too late. Perhaps it would be you who would change his life forever.

Vazduh

Have you told him that you like him? If not, tell him before its too late. Perhaps it would be you who would change his life forever.

(sigh) I wish, but he's deeply closeted. I found out recently by accident, so he still thinks nobody knows and it's better that way. He should come out on his own terms, when/if it happens. Besides, he used to earn 600 $/month, and now it'll be 1200 so I think he'll be better off where he is now. That might seem like a small amount, but it's not for us Croatians.

It's just my frustrations talking at the moment, but I'm going to be fine. Thanks for reading and replying to my post 🙂

Gibbs

(sigh) I wish, but he's deeply closeted. I found out recently by accident, so he still thinks nobody knows and it's better that way. He should come out on his own terms, when/if it happens. Besides, he used to earn 600 $/month, and now it'll be 1200 so I think he'll be better off where he is now. That might seem like a small amount, but it's not for us Croatians.

It's just my frustrations talking at the moment, but I'm going to be fine. Thanks for reading and replying to my post 🙂

I'm sorry dude =(

Perhaps the future could hold something for you both, but your heart is in the right place if you are willing to keep quiet for his best interest. That definitely is a nice pay increase, but every so often, money doesn't bring happiness like a person.... except eggnog. That shit brings legit happiness. Perhaps the best thing is to keep contact, as if he is being away from home, maybe he will feel more comfortable about coming out.

All jokes aside, I wish you the absolute best! You are incredibly handsome and no doubt you'll find your prince charming.

Phreaker

Sorry Vazduh

giphy.gif

EDIT: I have an unrelated dating question. If you met someone from OKC and had a great date (closed the restaurant) went for walk afterward, got back to my car, drove him home, he gave me a kiss, etc. Is it too soon to invite him to my place for a 2nd date? I have to plan our date for tomorrow and I am REALLY out of practice. When we had dinner he asked if I knew what Zelda was and I responded, "Do you have a Switch?!". His eyes lit up and said, "Yes, do you?!" I don't, he told me how he's addicted to Zelda and that he's not normally so into a game, but that he payed it all day the Saturday before. (He has no idea at this point I'm a gamer.) I asked him how he got the Switch and he told me of the lengths he went to to get it on launch day, totally reminding me of me when it comes to something like that. Anyway, I start telling him about my gaming habits and he asks if I have PSVR (I do). He said he'd really like to check it out some time. Is tomorrow too soon? It's going to be a late afternoon/early evening thing. I thought maybe we could start with that and for dinner we could go out ,order in, or I could cook, but cooking is a lot of pressure for a 2nd date. :)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Sorry Vazduh

giphy.gif

EDIT: I have an unrelated dating question. If you met someone from OKC and had a great date (closed the restaurant) went for walk afterward, got back to my car, drove him home, he gave me a kiss, etc. Is it too soon to invite him to my place for a 2nd date? I have to plan our date for tomorrow and I am REALLY out of practice. When we had dinner he asked if I knew what Zelda was and I responded, "Do you have a Switch?!". His eyes lit up and said, "Yes, do you?!" I don't, he told me how he's addicted to Zelda and that he's not normally so into a game, but that he payed it all day the Saturday before. (He has no idea at this point I'm a gamer.) I asked him how he got the Switch and he told me of the lengths he went to to get it on launch day, totally reminding me of me when it comes to something like that. Anyway, I start telling him about my gaming habits and he asks if I have PSVR (I do). He said he'd really like to check it out some time. Is tomorrow too soon? It's going to be a late afternoon/early evening thing. I thought maybe we could start with that and for dinner we could go out ,order in, or I could cook, but cooking is a lot of pressure for a 2nd date. :)
I think you created an opening for it so might as well use it. You guys can play some videogames, watch TV, eat home and have a comfortable conversation there.

Phreaker

I think you created an opening for it so might as well use it. You guys can play some videogames, watch TV, eat home and have a comfortable conversation there.

Okay! Yeah, when we talk next I'll ask him if he's okay with that and get my controllers charged up. ;) If not maybe we could go to the barcarde, go bowling, shoot pool or something.

Vazra

Okay! Yeah, when we talk next I'll ask him if he's okay with that and get my controllers charged up. ;) If not maybe we could go to the barcarde, go bowling, shoot pool or something.

Exactly. The thing that makes things work is a good conversation. You seem to have already alternate plans if that doesnt happen so Im sure you'll do just fine. Just remember to hit us with the tea.
jfyOvML.gif

Vazduh

Gibbs + Phreaker:

PrZSeBw.gif

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I'm gonna try to keep contact with him.

And Phreaker, you know you're gonna get laid.

R0ZKoLW.gif

Yes, yes!

Gibbs

I'm looking into learning sign language. I know very little as my neighbor is deaf, and we're bffs. Anyone have any suggestions on apps? I'm on the app store looking currently, and I saw some stuff on itunes.

Gibbs + Phreaker:

PrZSeBw.gif

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I'm gonna try to keep contact with him.

R0ZKoLW.gif

Yes, yes!

Woot I got a kiss haha! Coming from you, thats an honor. Definitely try to keep in contact if possible. Wishing you the best!

Sorry Vazduh

giphy.gif

He's totally into you, and you should definitely invite him over to check out PSVR. I mean, the signs are definitely there. Invite him over, let him test run VR and have food. I mean, you don't have to put a lot of emphasis on things if you choose not to, but it sounds extremely promising. Perhaps he'll even invite you over to play the Switch.

Wishing you the best! Keep us updated. If you get the sex, you get a cake. ;) <3

Phreaker

R0ZKoLW.gif

Yes, yes!

Haha, not yet. I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to that. I haven't dated in almost as long as Blood Diamonds has been alive. lawd help me.

He's totally into you, and you should definitely invite him over to check out PSVR. I mean, the signs are definitely there. Invite him over, let him test run VR and have food. I mean, you don't have to put a lot of emphasis on things if you choose not to, but it sounds extremely promising. Perhaps he'll even invite you over to play the Switch.

Wishing you the best! Keep us updated. If you get the sex, you get a cake. ;) <3

There will be NO sex tomorrow, unless he's has some magic ways about him. Maybe a makeout session though? :) :)

Gibbs

Haha, not yet. I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to that. I haven't dated in almost as long as Blood Diamonds has been alive. lawd help me.

There will be NO sex tomorrow, unless he's has some magic ways about him. Maybe a makeout session though? :) :)

ALL THE SEXY TIME.
All jokes aside, I'm happy for you and hope it all goes well!

DOWN

Banned

GjoRUN6.jpg

nice cookie down
Elizabeth Moss is great in it and they modernized it fantastically

Gibbs

Snapchatted a guy I'm interested in and asked "are you still going to prom with me" and he said "idk"

Should I give up?

The first question I'd be asking is why? Then go from there. Sounds like he's a flake perhaps. Did he already agree to go with you?

Phreaker

Snapchatted a guy I'm interested in and asked "are you still going to prom with me" and he said "idk"

Should I give up?

I like Gibbs suggestion, ask him why he doesn't know. I wouldn't be one to give up too quickly if you're really interested - you never know what's going on in their head unless you ask.

Vazduh

C'mon, you know I love to tease :D But in all honesty, I love you're old fashioned about that! That's HOT..

I am rooting for a makeout session

ptPt6FC.gif

Gibbs

C'mon, you know I love to tease :D But in all honesty, I love you're old fashioned about that! That's HOT..

I am rooting for a makeout session

ptPt6FC.gif

I always got off during the whole makeout that leads to sexy time. Sex is good but makingout is hotter. #gibbsisweird

Vazra

I always got off during the whole makeout that leads to sexy time. Sex is good but makingout is hotter. #gibbsisweird

Actually the making out, the hand hovering all over the body is hotter than actual sex. I become a magnet when kissing and even when the sex is going on I may contantly slow the pace just to get more pecks in.

Top Bottom