• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Billboard collected "Love Letters to the LGBTQ Community" from various performers and artists (music, theatre, acting). There are lots of different letters from lots of different people. If you're looking for some positivity, I recommend checking them out.

Poppy

i started watching izombie and now i am in love with multiple pretend characters. everyone is just so much fun

also liv's wardrobe and look is always so awesome and i want to be her

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I just started getting into Solange, starting with her True EP (stumbled across Losing You and went from there). Losing You reminded me so much of Blood Orange that I had to look it up and sure enough he co-wrote and co-produced the whole EP!

Of course. She's loved @ PopGAF!

:)

TBH I just want Netflix to hurry up and release Bojack Horseman Season 3. I'm so sad that a lot of the programming Netflix has been dropping has a lot of good LGBTQIA+ characterization that I don't really see elsewhere, but then I remember that Netflix has so many other shows still running that nail that stuff so I can't be 100% mad.

EDIT: Wow I entered this thread with a typo about a Netflix show.

I watched all of Bojack over a few weeks earlier this year. The ending to the season 3 finale was great. Like with Todd's
asexuality

TBH I just want Netflix to hurry up and release Bojack Horseman Season 3. I'm so sad that a lot of the programming Netflix has been dropping has a lot of good LGBTQIA+ characterization that I don't really see elsewhere, but then I remember that Netflix has so many other shows still running that nail that stuff so I can't be 100% mad.
Season 4, I see. Welcome!

Dany

Banned
Jessica Jones is a much worse show than Chewing Gum.

All of Netflix's Marvel shows exist on the mediocre - bad scale.

Wait. What are you trying to say about Chewing Gum??

I WILL fight you tbh...

also lol @ all the people complaining about sense8 "being too preachy with its liberal ideas"

i see you

I didn't like this season a whole lot mostly because it wasn't cohesive enough and was really b-tier in how it talked about social issues. Some writing and scenes were just weirdly tilted :/

Arcipello

mantidor, WonderzL, sorry you're going through all that.

I could relate to the article as well, that's why I linked to it in hopes more people would read it. I don't have it as bad as you, but I have anxiety issues and also take meds for it. Also very much related to my struggles stemming from growing up/childhood/struggles with gay identity. Every day can be a struggle sometimes, but the most important thing is to just keep on keeping on, no matter the circumstances.

----------

Sense8 cancelled at Netflix.

I guess the ratings didn't justify the budget spent on the series, right?

yeah heard about this a couple weeks ago... a friend of mine is dating one of the cluster :p

i really liked the first season but the second was just tedious i feel... plus i can imagine that its a rather expensive show to make due to all of the locations etc

Dany

Banned
I'm saying that it's better than Jessica Jones?

Okay good lol. You said 'worse' which made me think you were tiering it in a bad-category.

tumblr_inline_mgt3wdiRyg1qahu1s.gif

I mean I loved so much of this season but the actual 'story' was quite middling. No other is like Sense8, obviously since it cost a ton to make.

Bladenic

yeah heard about this a couple weeks ago... a friend of mine is dating one of the cluster :p

i really liked the first season but the second was just tedious i feel... plus i can imagine that its a rather expensive show to make due to all of the locations etc

Lmao I'm gonna need some receipts of this

_Isaac

I watched all of Bojack over a few weeks earlier this year. The ending to the season 3 finale was great. Like with Todd's
asexuality

Season 4, I see. Welcome!

I love that
we learned Todd's asexual. There aren't many asexual characters out there.

RM8

Customization options. I gave those outfits to them but I will change one of the guys to have short leather pants so they are a bit more different.
The customization options is actually kind of underwhelming IMO. Custom clothes in Tekken are usually baggy and off looking :( I guess it's still the best option out there, fighting games with customization are pretty rare.

DOWN

Banned
Hope everyone is doing well (I've just been catching up) and some of the Cewyn and Aarglefarg stress is settling for pu guys

Also I think Gal Gadot is great and I'm glad she now has one of the best superhero movies in recent overcrowded years
Phew, took me a while to find this thread.

I'm relatively new to GAF, so I thought I should drop by and say hi :)
Welcome

Sense8 season 1 was kind of interesting and kind of a mess. I couldn't be bothered watching season 2. So yeh maybe the other 19 people who watched season 1 couldn't be bothered either. Cancellation makes sense.

Just watched Being 17 on Netflix. loved great acting.
I recommend it. definitely one of the better gay movies i've come across on the service.
heads up, its in French tho

Just watched Being 17 on Netflix. loved great acting.
I recommend it. definitely one of the better gay movies i've come across on the service.
heads up, its in French tho

Really loved this movie. So many gay coming of age stories feel completely fictional and not natural. The two leads had pretty awesome chemistry.

Top Bottom