• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Total Eclipse of the Heart was written by the same guy, I think Cosmic Dad was referring to that one!

Ahhhh! Holding Out For a Hero is better tho~

Y'all keep a journal? On your phone or paper?

I keep a journal of the meals/foods I eat so I can track what accidentally makes me sick. I have a small paper notepad that I write it in.

You goober. �� I mean, look through the '80s portion of Steinman's wiki and tell me you don't recognize a lot of those songs with his distinct production and lyrical style. It's dated indulgent schmaltz and I looove it.

I only recognize the names of like 2 of those songs, but they do have a similar style (which I also love)!

I'm not very well versed in 80s music, I'm afeared (don't hit me hanch)

Crayons

Banned
I was Snapchatting with my friend and I eventually send him one saying, "You don't even drink". He then sent me 5 semi-angry Snapchat videos showing me all the alcohol he had at his place. He finished by saying "Fight me". I said, "I will". He said, "I'll stab you" and then I took a pic of the bulge in my underwear with the caption "I'll choke you". We then proceeded to send Snapchat videos until both of us came.

Is this healthy?

Monocle

I was Snapchatting with my friend and I eventually send him one saying, "You don't even drink". He then sent me 5 semi-angry Snapchat videos showing me all the alcohol he had at his place. He finished by saying "Fight me". I said, "I will". He said, "I'll stab you" and then I took a pic of the bulge in my underwear with the caption "I'll choke you". We then proceeded to send Snapchat videos until both of us came.

Is this healthy?
Probably not but it's kinda hot.

Bladenic

If it's one thing that will probably always kill any potential relationship I have is how fucking petty I am especially regarding texting/communication

Meh oh well

Is this healthy?
There needs to be a double-blinded study of its health properties.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
XO0n3Qz.gif

Elitist1945

LMAO its gold when youre talking to a guy on grindr and he knows your ex and says they talked on grindr a few months ago (while we were together).

ilikeme

I have a Hobonichi too. I have an Earthbound cover :S

I use a paper one, specifically a Hobonichi Techo Planner.

Here's this year's neogaf thread for this product: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1274164&page=1

And I also write a couple pages stream-of-consciousness every single day. I'm very well journaled. :) I can check back on everything I've done the last few years and basically everything I thought about. It's pretty cool.

So you're saying i should do it irl and not over snapchat?
Either way is permissable. :)
Why the guilt though? I would have concerns about privacy, personally, is that it?

I have a Hobonichi too. I have an Earthbound cover :S

And I also write a couple pages stream-of-consciousness every single day. I'm very well journaled. :) I can check back on everything I've done the last few years and basically everything I thought about. It's pretty cool.
I have Girl's Checkered.
JRcd9UK.jpg

People forget so much of what happens and it can be surprising to open a page and remember something. Apparently when I was looking after the house alone for a few days last year I forgot to open a gate to let my dog into a larger part of the backyard that day (it is a big backyard and either part is big). And I left for work, realised my mistake, and went back home in the middle of the day to open it, then went back to work! This is over an hour round trip! Though my parents would come back to that day so maybe it played a part. I remember not opening the gate but I would have thought I'd remember the rest!

ilikeme

That's very adorable!

And that's a cute memory! Very sweet of you to do take the time to do that. That's what memory is good for! 😊 Remembering your past self was a good guy at least. 😌 And I understand the pressure of doing things right when taking care of stuff.

https://sv.imgbb.com/

This is mine. I get excited every day. It's too cute. 😍

How do you guys feel about the SNES Classic Mini? I was so sad when the mega-thread got closed down in gaming. I pre-ordered 2 of them... 😇

I'm so gorn-dashed excited! I missed much of the SNES in my childhood. Was a Sega Mega Drive kid. So it's time to relive what I missed. I really haven't been this hyped about gaming in forever. 🙈

What game is that dad from?
FF14. I don't know him but I know the visual style.

This is mine. I get excited every day. It's too cute. ��

How do you guys feel about the SNES Classic Mini? I was so sad when the mega-thread got closed down in gaming. I pre-ordered 2 of them... ��

I'm so gorn-dashed excited! I missed much of the SNES in my childhood. Was a Sega Mega Drive kid. So it's time to relive what I missed. I really haven't been this hyped about gaming in forever. ��
Nice cover, I considered getting it. I would have bought the Onett design from a previous year.

I pre-ordered a SNES Classic Mini for a few of the games, mainly the RPGs. I have the ones I'm interested in on Wii or some on Wii U, but honestly forget about them hidden away in the Wii compatibility mode.

I was a Mega Drive kid too. I paid for the Phantasy Star 2 release on mobile the other day. Going to this from the excellent Dragon Quest mobile releases makes it seem bad.

OrionX

I kept a diary as a child once. I came across it years later and, horrified by the contents within, immediately proceeded to destroy it. A vow was made that day to never keep one again.

Also I had a dream last night that I had to rescue Beyonce and her children from Jay Z. No idea why, I'm not even particularly invested in her life.

Crayons

Banned

This is mine. I get excited every day. It's too cute. 😍

How do you guys feel about the SNES Classic Mini? I was so sad when the mega-thread got closed down in gaming. I pre-ordered 2 of them... 😇

I'm so gorn-dashed excited! I missed much of the SNES in my childhood. Was a Sega Mega Drive kid. So it's time to relive what I missed. I really haven't been this hyped about gaming in forever. 🙈

I loooove the design. It's beautiful

As for the SNES Mini, I am not excited for it because I know I will never be able to purchase one. They will all be sold out and scalpped for hundreds of dollars above MSRP, so I will just pretend it doesn't exist.

Either way is permissable. :)
Why the guilt though? I would have concerns about privacy, personally, is that it?
The guilt is because I dont want to be that couple that drinks and beats eachother up and then sleeps together and its like this is the first step

mantidor

I have dream journals but I've been incredibly lazy about it this past year, I used to compulsively fill them out with the most intricate details, is insane reading them back.

Is this healthy?

I'm officially too old because I don't get this :p

Kevyt

I would really like to have a boyfriend but not sure if life situation would allow for that.

Does anyone here have any experience in dating while going through a difficult time or do you all just ignore dating all together and work on making your current situation better?

Masamuna

So it's been a minute since I've read up on here, I miss you goyels!

Back in march my 5 year relationship ended with my fiancé. Tldr a poly relationship with a toxic couple destroyed us. He fell in love with one of them and after months of trying to do better and fight for the relationship (plus depression) we decided to end things amicably. Our relationship has skyrocketed as friends now, although karma has bitten him pretty hard at this time.

During the last leg of that I went through my stages of grief, atleast I felt like I did. I wasn't hunting for a relationship, but a boy too good to be true came into my life. As far as interests goes we had everything in common. Same games, played fighting games, loved the same shows and music. Every time he mentioned something he enjoyed I couldn't tell if I was falling for him or expecting him to be a skrull. I know now common ground doesnt make a relationship. Over the last three months I came face to face with his crippling depression, not a few weeks ago he admitting that he may have Disassociative Identity Disorder and on top of that his divorce wasn't finalized...there was a lot of things I could get over. I truly felt like I had love and care for him, but no matter how much I tried to be there it wasn't enough. Whenever he was down he essentially would break up with me in so many words. I was put into a category of people he wish he had never met. Add on the fact that if so much of a glass of milk spilled on the counter he would seclude himself for hours if not days.

I couldn't see it lasting long. I had a fear of my love turning into the love of a caregiver and not a partner. So I ended it, and he's not taking it well.

We were open, and while I'm not jumping into anything now and hopefully not anytime soon there's a man I met a few months back and we've developed a pretty good relationship so far. We've spent a lot of time together, had a lot of talks. And we'll keep doing that because both of us are somewhat wary of pulling the trigger or putting a label on something. But maybe something is there, I've never sighed thinking of someone 😂

Bladenic

The dinner I made tonight was so good, my salmon was cooked perfectly. I made it with help from my mom, and that's cute and all, but I'll continue dreaming for the day when I can cook alongside a man

Dany

Banned
Yo dawgs.

Going to my bae's family reunion where I meet 60+ of his family members this weekend. In bum
fuck
Missouri

Murder me
now

DOWN

Banned
I just played through The Last Guardian and I think it made me fall in love with Sony as much as the game itself

Like thank god they keep up these really spirited and artistic visionary projects, even when they aren't ripe for franchising or massive sales. What a beautiful game. Sony seems to have long been less averse to letting their projects be ambitious and risky. Microsoft seems to pick either ambitious and mainstream or take a creative risk but make it a small release... sorry Gears/Halo/Forza box

DOWN

Banned
I would really like to have a boyfriend but not sure if life situation would allow for that.

Does anyone here have any experience in dating while going through a difficult time or do you all just ignore dating all together and work on making your current situation better?
I never pursued dating because I feel so anxious about the future and feel like I'm just not comfortable yet with all the bigger mechanics of my life, but my boyfriend asked me out and I gave it a shot and it's turned out well. The personal ideas and worries on my side don't make the relationship side feel like it isn't worthwhile. I feel like it has a good future even while I don't feel certain about how comfortable and achieved I will be any time soon.

Plus, I am with someone who is quite outgoing and extroverted which is a good complement to my introversion and fears around confrontation. Gets me out of my shell when I have a support with different strengths than my own.

I just played through The Last Guardian and I think it made me fall in love with Sony as much as the game itself

Like thank god they keep up these really spirited and artistic visionary projects, even when they aren't ripe for franchising or massive sales. What a beautiful game. Sony seems to have long been less averse to letting their projects be ambitious and risky. Microsoft seems to pick either ambitious and mainstream or take a creative risk but make it a small release... sorry Gears/Halo/Forza box
It's one of the best journeys of the generation, with so many dramatic moments including where you foresee something happening and have to progress towards it.

WonderzL

Banned

I agree. While I am a Nintendo fanboy, I love that Sony lets stuff like Tearaway Unfolded exist. Miyamoto would say "this isn't fun" and the project would be cancelled. Haha. I live both sides of the spectrum

Kevyt

I never pursued dating because I feel so anxious about the future and feel like I'm just not comfortable yet with all the bigger mechanics of my life, but my boyfriend asked me out and I gave it a shot and it's turned out well. The personal ideas and worries on my side don't make the relationship side feel like it isn't worthwhile. I feel like it has a good future even while I don't feel certain about how comfortable and achieved I will be any time soon.

Plus, I am with someone who is quite outgoing and extroverted which is a good complement to my introversion and fears around confrontation. Gets me out of my shell when I have a support with different strengths than my own.

Awww... That's so sweet. :3

How did you two meet? I remember you talking about it in here when you were single but don't remember exactly the details.

WonderzL

Banned
Can't believe I finished Latin 3. I'm so fucking happy avziavzibaizb

(I study Language and Literature at college, and Latin is the worst subject by far. There are 4 in total. Just 1 left)

Top Bottom