• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

DOWN

Banned
Awww... That's so sweet. :3

How did you two meet? I remember you talking about it in here when you were single but don't remember exactly the details.
I don't remember the first time because it was my one and only black out and throw up night on the streets of Orlando lmao

But the time I remember was at dinner with friends. He was friends with a classmate of mine and his boyfriend. We didn't talk much and he thought I was cold, but I was just shy in groups I guess. Went out with the friends again and he met up with us and then we hit it off a bit and made out at a big club so the next day he asked me to go out with him to a "wine walk" night that was happening on Main Street.

Vazduh

We really need to get our shit together. Specially trying to transform queer spaces into less "hey look at this hot man" ones.

yes yes yes

YIXVY8T.gif

Vazduh

I should actually finish watching the show now lol

Stopped at the beginning of the Xxxmas episode. Dammit, there are so many shows, but too little time!

Qo8H5l4.gif

Golnei

Can't believe I finished Latin 3. I'm so fucking happy avziavzibaizb

(I study Language and Literature at college, and Latin is the worst subject by far. There are 4 in total. Just 1 left)

Congratulations. Latin's definitely not the easiest subject - I only studied it for a little while, but it was an utterly embarrassing failure on my part.

I'm sure you'll be fine with the last unit - the end is in sight.

I just played through The Last Guardian and I think it made me fall in love with Sony as much as the game itself

Like thank god they keep up these really spirited and artistic visionary projects, even when they aren't ripe for franchising or massive sales. What a beautiful game. Sony seems to have long been less averse to letting their projects be ambitious and risky. Microsoft seems to pick either ambitious and mainstream or take a creative risk but make it a small release... sorry Gears/Halo/Forza box

Preach!

I must've posted here before (it's in my subscribed threads), but I don't think I've ever introduced myself.

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay!
Where Do You Live? Toronto, Canada
How Old Are you? 24
Favorite Type of Music? Hmm. Rock, meralcore, metal... Really, anything with a guitar that isn't country.
Profession or Career interest? Software engineer
Favorite video game(s)? Bayonetta
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Language learning, reading, and abusing the word "cute".

Hello! :)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I must've posted here before (it's in my subscribed threads), but I don't think I've ever introduced myself.

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 24
Favorite Type of Music? Hmm. Rock, meralcore, metal... Really, anything with a guitar that isn't country.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Language learning, reading, and abusing the word "cute".

Welcome (back)! :)

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 24

Software engineer in Toronto that games? Well hello

Kevyt

I don't remember the first time because it was my one and only black out and throw up night on the streets of Orlando lmao

But the time I remember was at dinner with friends. He was friends with a classmate of mine and his boyfriend. We didn't talk much and he thought I was cold, but I was just shy in groups I guess. Went out with the friends again and he met up with us and then we hit it off a bit and made out at a big club so the next day he asked me to go out with him to a "wine walk" night that was happening on Main Street.

Nice! I remember you talking about it now in the previous OT's

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 24

Oh my goodness, I found the Canadian version of myself.

I can't believe how fast this week went. Crazy my pride was Sunday. Which was a blast btw. had last minute plans. Overall an interesting Pride month. Wish it were gayer though lol.

if every month was pride month the world would be a much happier place

DOWN

Banned
I need to go get me some Halo Top 260 calories per pint ice cream because I love the ether that taste comparisons throw at their competitor Arctic Zero once they've tasted the Halo Top and also as an American I want guilt free ice cream

Gibbs

I need to go get me some Halo Top 260 calories per pint ice cream because I love the ether that taste comparisons throw at their competitor Arctic Zero once they've tasted the Halo Top and also as an American I want guilt free ice cream

I've yet to try Halo Top but hear good things from the fitness community I'm apart of.

Bladenic

I've yet to try Halo Top but hear good things from the fitness community I'm apart of.

Speaking of fitness, I was casually looking at various sources for how much one of my height/build should weigh. Lord, I wasn't just fat, I was like holy shit whale on land obese.

WonderzL

Banned
This is kind of awful, so I guess they did this move to avoid backlash from homophobes who would claim its being "forced" on them or something when they see it automatically appear in their reaction choices? I wished it was shoved in forcefully as every other seasonal reaction.

Yeah, I didn't think of that. Shitty move. Companies don't care about us, per usual

Gibbs

Speaking of fitness, I was casually looking at various sources for how much one of my height/build should weigh. Lord, I wasn't just fat, I was like holy shit whale on land obese.

I'm between 5'7/5'8 and weigh somewhere between 159-167ish and I'm still considered overweight, which is bullshit but whatever. I feel the whole "weight chart" is complete crap honestly, and promotes unhealthy image of what should be, as well as body shapes, styles, etc vary.

I use to take it personally and allowed it to affect me, but I really don't weigh myself anymore or care to pay attention. I simply eat better and go to the gym. I just track my progress via pictures on my instagram and such.

I went from a pants size of 44 to 32, and the 32s im wearing currently are falling off, I'm pretty much in a MD shirt now, from a 2XL(sometimes 3xl) and I refuse to look at that stupid chart. Everyones bodies are different, so fuck the whole appropriate chart system.

I'm between 5'7/5'8 and weigh somewhere between 159-167ish and I'm still considered overweight, which is bullshit but whatever. I feel the whole "weight chart" is complete crap honestly, and promotes unhealthy image of what should be, as well as body shapes, styles, etc vary.

I use to take it personally and allowed it to affect me, but I really don't weigh myself anymore or care to pay attention. I simply eat better and go to the gym. I just track my progress via pictures on my instagram and such.

I went from a pants size of 44 to 32, and the 32s im wearing currently are falling off, I'm pretty much in a MD shirt now, from a 2XL(sometimes 3xl) and I refuse to look at that stupid chart. Everyones bodies are different, so fuck the whole appropriate chart system.

You're about the same height as me and you're at my goal weight, lol.

Bladenic

Oh I don't care about BMI either. I was just saying based on that metric, I was like on the verge of exploding fat (which I was, but whatever). Right now I'm down about 23 pounds from March. I'm still not flat bellied or anything, but my OG goal is a few pounds away. I know for a fact that if I lost twenty more pounds (putting me at the high end of the spectrum for my measurements), I would look extremely skinny, possibly unhealthily so. If I start working out seriously and go down another ten pounds past my goal, I think that would be a fine medium (provided I'm actually lifting). Regardless, if you like what you see and feel good, who gives a shit what a number says

But also I'm glad I'm no longer sporting a 7 month baby bump. I'm pretty much at the "first signs of showing" stage now. Now if I could just stop being lazy and exercise RIP

JCX

Oh I don't care about BMI either. I was just saying based on that metric, I was like on the verge of exploding fat (which I was, but whatever). Right now I'm down about 23 pounds from March. I'm still not flat bellied or anything, but my OG goal is a few pounds away. I know for a fact that if I lost twenty more pounds (putting me at the high end of the spectrum for my measurements), I would look extremely skinny, possibly unhealthily so. If I start working out seriously and go down another ten pounds past my goal, I think that would be a fine medium (provided I'm actually lifting). Regardless, if you like what you see and feel good, who gives a shit what a number says

But also I'm glad I'm no longer sporting a 7 month baby bump. I'm pretty much at the "first signs of showing" stage now. Now if I could just stop being lazy and exercise RIP

23 lbs is very impressive!!! I'm cheering over not gaining any weight over pride weekend lol.

Gibbs

You're about the same height as me and you're at my goal weight, lol.

Haha really? :D My goal is to be near 150 by the end of it all.

Ohh sorry, its the way I took it =(. Congratulations on being down 23 pounds! Thats definitely an accomplishment! You got this! Wishing you the best as you continue

I'm far from having a flat stomach myself, and I'll need skin removal surgery if I ever hope to make that happen.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Hello LGBTQIA+GAF, inspired by the asexuality thread, I think it is time we move on from using that long acronym in exchange for the simplier GSM or Gender/Sexual Minorities. It is shorter, simplier and more inclusive. If accepted by those in the GAF community the next thread title can be changed to it. What are your guys thoughts on this?

Another suggestion by the lovely Poor GRIMES is:

MOGAI works too, but I guess why it wouldn't be that marketable because it looks like the word "moai" 🙃.

MOGAI= Marginalized orientations, gender alignments, and intersex. MOGII= Marginalized orientations, gender identities, and intersex.

I agree. But I also know that civil rights movements continually change and adopt new names as they progress. It might be better to adopt a more encompassing term while we continue to give marginalized identities platforms.

Top Bottom