• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

KmA

The reviews have been absolutely glowing. And it's not just that they're positive; it's the kind of things they are saying. Stuff like "subverts the themes of suppression and shame that are often tied to queer love stories" make me quite happy.

The age gap between the two main characters is bothering me... like really bothering me.

Vazduh

Have you ever woken up super early and thought about how almost all your friends abandoned you, proceeded to creep on your ex, and then just feel bad about yourself (but not do any real self reflection)?

Yeah me neither.

I'm crazy as fudge

Your ex is that for a reason. Don't give into stalking him, men are [t r a s h]

AA2N2lT.gif

xoxo

Kevyt

Have you ever woken up super early and thought about how almost all your friends abandoned you, proceeded to creep on your ex, and then just feel bad about yourself (but not do any real self reflection)?

Yeah me neither.

I'm crazy as fudge

Sometimes. But I've started to make more friends irl... (aka not the internet, lol)

It's my birthday and I never went to bed so im now so, so tired

Happy Birthday!

Gibbs

Yeah me neither.

I'm crazy as fudge

When my ex bailed I just stopped looking because I know whatever I'd find would crush me. I did eventually hear from people he replaced me with someone else and that everything he stood for was either a lie or he is living a lie. Regardless, he's happy and I am miserable, lonely, depressed, with little to no hope.

Friends for me are literally little to non-existent. B and I were going to hang out but he bailed on me. Thankfully I reconnected with an old friend so I'm not completely friendless but I just feel isolated and alone.

Don't feel bad though, its hard as I totally relate but It's gotta get better eventually. <3

Happy Birthday Orb! Hope you have a good one!

Mumei

The age gap between the two main characters is bothering me... like really bothering me.

It also bothered me when I was first recommended the book, because I disliked the way it seemed to premise itself on stereotypes about predatory gay men. But it doesn't play out that way in practice. I couldn't explain how. If you said to me as a general principle, "Isn't that a bit weird and a little creepy?", I'd probably agree. But I'm fine with it in this instance.

And when I think about films featuring straight characters, I feel like my concern there was at least partially motivated by the way it makes people like me look. In Dirty Dancing, say, the female lead is supposed to be 17 and the male lead is supposed to be 24, and the actors were 8 years apart in age. I've never seen the same concern for that age gap that I have for this film. Have you?

Yeah... so I had only played some tabletop 3.5 DnD when I first played P:T so I actually played like the first ten hours of the game with an AC of like 13, not realizing that in ADnD, you want the lowest AC possible. And then I was really confused why I was dying all the time. XP

I think at some point I just bit the bullet and looked up what THAC0 was and it was a big "oh" moment as everything suddenly clicked.

Torment: Tides of Numenera, I felt achieved the balance of deciding how much combat you want a lot better. Granted, it's a different system, but I was able to go through the entire game with like five combats, three of which were not so much combats as turn-based run away segments.

Oh, I just meant that I found the scheme clunky and inelegant; I more or less understood how the combat worked. The transition from tabletop to computer screen just wasn't particularly fun—so it was probably fortunate that you were given so many ways to avoid it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So, I've kinda been lurking, but that's rude, so I thought I'd quick jump in on this introduction wave.

IBQ
Your gender? Your sexual identity? Female
Your sexual orientation? ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ I am a procrastinator. I was playing video games when everyone else was figuring this stuff out and now I'm behind.
Where Are You From/Where Do You Live? SoCal
How Old Are you? 27
Favorite Type of Music? There is something in every genre that I will love, but sometimes it takes awhile for me to find it. I mainly go for classical, jazz, rock/metal, and whatever Johnny Cash counts as.
Profession or Career interest? Scientist, biochemist (focusing on behavioral neuroscience).
Favorite video game(s)? Age of Empires II, EV Nova, Grim Fandango, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, Fallout 2, Planescape Torment (hence avatar), Half-Life, Legend of Grimrock, Portal, Eternal Darkness, Majora's Mask.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Singing, piano, french horn, various folk instruments, tall ship sailing, fencing, martial arts, reading, writing, tabletop RPGs, composing, painting/drawing, softball, and most recently, blacksmithing. Not all at once, of course. That would be insane. I cycle through different layouts.

Welcome!

My husband used to do hair and makeup for some of their videos and MTV appearances back in the day, lul &#55357;&#56455;

tell him to spill the tea

Have you ever woken up super early

nope

Happy Birthday!

Your gender? Your sexual identity? Male
Your sexual orientation? I've only dated girls but I can see myself with a guy So I guess Bi
Where Are You From? I was born in the Philippines My dad is from Spain and my mom is Filipino
Where Do You Live? Florida
How Old Are you? 20
Favorite Type of Music? I like most music but my favorite genres are r&b and rock
Profession or Career interest? Psychiatrist
Favorite video game(s)? This is too hard to answer :(
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I love to draw, paint and make ceramic pieces. I like to play the Violin and the Clarinet tho I used to hate it since my parents basically forced me to play them(I also know the basics of playing a piano but I quit a while ago).

I've learned today that a lot of people don't know the definition of pedophile at least judging by the youtube comments in the Call Me By Your Name trailer

Lost my therapist and my psychiatrist.

No money.

No one responding to me on any dating apps.

Shitty day, and everything hurts all over because of my diseases. :(

And looking in here it seems like everyone is having a bad day or two. :(

~Virtual Hugs For Everyone~ babes please hang in there. <3

EDIT: Also hello new people!

Your sexual orientation? I've only dated girls but I can see myself with a guy So I guess Bi
Where Are You From? I was born in the Philippines My dad is from Spain and my mom is Filipino
How Old Are you? 20
Favorite Type of Music? I like most music but my favorite genres are r&b and rock
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I love to draw, paint and make ceramic pieces. I like to play the Violin and the Clarinet tho I used to hate it since my parents basically forced me to play them(I also know the basics of playing a piano but I quit a while ago).

I've learned today that a lot of people don't know the definition of pedophile at least judging by the youtube comments in the Call Me By Your Name trailer
Welcome. Youtube comments are cancer and homophobes often conflate homosexuality with pedophilia. Most homophobes aren't the most educated bunch, otherwise they wouldn't be homophobes.

Looking for relationships after a day of that would just feel like more work. :)

And the worms are no help either! XP

Oh, I just meant that I found the scheme clunky and inelegant; I more or less understood how the combat worked. The transition from tabletop to computer screen just wasn't particularly fun&#8212;so it was probably fortunate that you were given so many ways to avoid it.

Oh yeah, definitely. A friend of mine just started playing the game and was having trouble with the combat and I realized I couldn't actually explain how to do it easily because I basically got through the few fights I had by dying repeatedly. I've been playing Neverwinter Nights 2 and I really appreciate how they smoothed out the combat by that point, particularly spellcasting.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

No money.

Feel free to PM me if you want to vent or talk about stuff.

Gibbs

Is it sad when your neighbors are texting or stopping by to make sure you are mentally stable and ok? My one neighbor took me out to lunch and the park because she is worried about me.

Instead of going into a loooong story, all I'll say is that this weekend I busted my ass for a family I truly believed in and have known for almost 7 years. In return for everything I've done for them during this time period, and especially since May of this year(I've house sat, cleaned the house, mowed the lawn, took care of weeding, fed the cat daily, cleaned up their flooded basement, all this since may, every damn day), and they pretty much fucked me over, used me, treated my parents, and myself like complete shit, made us look like idiots. It's completely embarrassing and I am left in shock, awe, sadness and everything else.

I went to the mall on Monday just blank and in tears walking through it. Tears of anger, frustration, and wanting to punch and break shit.

My moral is low, I am so angry, bitter, and extremely sad. Like I honestly could careless about life or anything. My life continues to fall apart. No luck with job hunting, the dating world fucking blows. I can't figure out why people don't like me. I needed a victory so bad... ever so bad.

I do so much good and go out of my way for people and in return I am expendable. Do I expect anything in return? No... but dammit treat me with respect and say thank you.

No money.

Oh buddy I am so sorry. I knew you were worried about some these things when we talked. You have my number, text me if you need anything <3

Count me as one of those angry people fed up with things for today. I was so angry for a moment I think I literally had impaired vision.
How Old Are you? 20

Hey newbi. :)

Mumei

Welcome, Nightwing123.

Welcome. Youtube comments are cancer and homophobes often conflate homosexuality with pedophilia. Most homophobes aren't the most educated bunch, otherwise they wouldn't be homophobes.

I've seen it come both from that direction and from the opposite direction, from people who believe based on what they've heard that it is a portrayal of a fetishistic, predatory, unhealthy relationship and therefore should be avoided or condemned. It's more annoying coming from that direction.

Oh yeah, definitely. A friend of mine just started playing the game and was having trouble with the combat and I realized I couldn't actually explain how to do it easily because I basically got through the few fights I had by dying repeatedly. I've been playing Neverwinter Nights 2 and I really appreciate how they smoothed out the combat by that point, particularly spellcasting.

You know, I got a copy of Neverwinter Nights Gold about a decade ago.... and then never installed it.

Maybe one day!

You know, I got a copy of Neverwinter Nights Gold about a decade ago.... and then never installed it.

Maybe one day!

(I couldn't actually get past the beginning of the first Neverwinter Nights >.>)

But the second one is great. It's structured similarly to Baldur's Gate II, but more streamlined and uses 3.5 rules instead of ADnD. Like spellcasters can apply metamagic to spells and druids/clerics can spontaneously convert spells to summoning/healing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How Old Are you? 20

Welcome!

No money.

Is it sad when your neighbors are texting or stopping by to make sure you are mentally stable and ok? My one neighbor took me out to lunch and the park because she is worried about me.

Instead of going into a loooong story, all I'll say is that this weekend I busted my ass for a family I truly believed in and have known for almost 7 years. In return for everything I've done for them during this time period, and especially since May of this year(I've house sat, cleaned the house, mowed the lawn, took care of weeding, fed the cat daily, cleaned up their flooded basement, all this since may, every damn day), and they pretty much fucked me over, used me, treated my parents, and myself like complete shit, made us look like idiots. It's completely embarrassing and I am left in shock, awe, sadness and everything else.

I went to the mall on Monday just blank and in tears walking through it. Tears of anger, frustration, and wanting to punch and break shit.

My moral is low, I am so angry, bitter, and extremely sad. Like I honestly could careless about life or anything. My life continues to fall apart. No luck with job hunting, the dating world fucking blows. I can't figure out why people don't like me. I needed a victory so bad... ever so bad.

I do so much good and go out of my way for people and in return I am expendable. Do I expect anything in return? No... but dammit treat me with respect and say thank you.

Hang in there guyz. Positive vibes your way <3 xoxo

Bladenic

Gibbs you sound like the textbook definition of the type of person who gives and yet keeps getting fucked (in a bad way). I would tell you to start being a selfish dick (and watch good things happen) but you seem like such a pure, good soul that I hope you never change.

I'm sure the universe will reward you soon enough.

As for your neighbors? Fuck em

tumblr_ou1eishmYc1so9ml6o2_400.gif

DOWN

Banned

Oh buddy I am so sorry. I knew you were worried about some these things when we talked. You have my number, text me if you need anything <3
Sorry Gibbs. You’ve done the right things and “kept your side of the street clean” so to speak. It’s up to others to come to a better place with their actions in a relationship as friends or anything otherwise. Hang in there and see if you can focus on the personal wins like activities that make you feel good - your health accomplishments are something to be proud of. You have every right to be upset right now but the bigger wins have to come eventually.

No money.

Sorry you have to deal with that :( keep us updated as things turn around

Right in front of my salad
I don’t know what this means but I found it energizing

IvorB

Happy birthday!

No money.

Aw chin up, guys! Things can always get better, sometimes it's just right around the corner.

Beth Cyra

I never did join the discord l, I should have totally done that as the only Discord I ever joined was one based to the gay OW community.

Gibbs

Sorry Gibbs. You've done the right things and ”kept your side of the street clean" so to speak. It's up to others to come to a better place with their actions in a relationship as friends or anything otherwise. Hang in there and see if you can focus on the personal wins like activities that make you feel good - your health accomplishments are something to be proud of. You have every right to be upset right now but the bigger wins have to come eventually.

I'm not asking for a million dollars to fall into my lap but it would be nice hahaha. All jokes side, I just wish something would go right for once for myself. I'm struggling as a whole. I don't want to get out of bed some days, I haven't been working out and it just has been madness in my head. Eventually I will calm down, get back on track and be the Gibbs that I am, but i'm just tired. It's like why continue when no matter what I do, I will fix a situation but I will get punished in return.

I'm hoping I get a win eventually... even a small one. Just something to show that everything will workout at some point. Gotta believe right? Hope runs deep.

Hope you are doing ok dude, and that things are going well for you.

Gibbs you sound like the textbook definition of the type of person who gives and yet keeps getting fucked (in a bad way). I would tell you to start being a selfish dick (and watch good things happen) but you seem like such a pure, good soul that I hope you never change.

I'm sure the universe will reward you soon enough.

As for your neighbors? Fuck em

tumblr_ou1eishmYc1so9ml6o2_400.gif

I tried to be a selfish prick but honestly it doesn't translate well, I feel guilty and then go back and correct my wrongs. The thing is I can be mean but it doesn't feel right and it eats me alive as I know thats not who I am. Like it sucks being such a friendly and nice person because no matter what, I will always for treated like shit.

Sad thing is, you can hurt me a million times and I will still believe there is an ounce of good in the world still. Someone has to be the beacon of hope, that glimmer for someone who is struggling.

Welcome!

Hang in there guyz. Positive vibes your way <3 xoxo

All the positive vibes!

Astral Dog

Oh buddy I am so sorry. I knew you were worried about some these things when we talked. You have my
You need to start expecting less from people (waaay less) because sometimes they suck. And you will be happier for it.specially when they respond kindly, but what you describe here is years of worthless abuse and advantage of your kindness. Don't let anyone do that again, help others as much as you want but without expecting anything in return OR letting yourself be exploited.its not easy but might be worth it to try.

also think of how angry they will be without you :p
Count me as one of those angry people fed up with things for today. I was so angry for a moment I think I literally had impaired vision.

Hey newbi. :)
Aww don't be angry, smiiiile &#128518;

Yeah me neither.

I'm crazy as fudge
Sorry Bladic,hoping things get better for you &#128140;

Gibbs

You need to start expecting less from people (waaay less) because sometimes they suck. And you will be happier for it.specially when they respond kindly, but what you describe here is years of worthless abuse and advantage of your kindness. Don't let anyone do that again, help others as much as you want but without expecting anything in return OR letting yourself be exploited.its not easy but might be worth it to try.

also think of how angry they will be without you :p

I expect nothing from anyone. Believe me I learned that a looooong time ago. All I want is a simple thank you, or just treat me fairly. Thats respect, something people lack now days.

The family is deaf, and yeah, I understand somethings they do different but theres still literally zero excuse. OH! Especially when my parents told them they were going to make them dinner so they didn't have to cook, told them twice, and yet when my mom took food over, they ordered fucking pizza anyway. Odds are they didn't eat anything my parents made them. Fucking bullshit.

Even my neighbor, who im extremely close with even acted weird at the end towards me. He NEVER was that way during this entire time. I swear its his daughter who started all this fucking shit. I want to gut her, dead serious.

WonderzL

Banned
so fuck me, my country has cut investment in education and now my scholarship is a third of what it was.

i pay my treatment with that. fuck this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

No money.

Popping in to say: I know the feeling.

Looking forward to turning a decade older soon. For reasons.

At least I have something to look forward to. *wistful music*

Orb

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday!

thanks <3

Yesterday, in preparation for going to a club for the first time, I bought like 250$ worth of clothes for 104$ >:) JC penny had everything at 60% off.

Then I stopped at a local mexican restaurant and ordered WAAAAY too much food. Like, I did not expect a mountain. Lowkey felt like dying afterwards.

Tomorrow night I'm gonna get smashed

Have I done this? IDK. Anyway, here's the intro thing. No bold because my mouse is working weirdly today.

Your gender? Your sexual identity? Trans female
Your sexual orientation? Bi/Pan
Where Are You From? Australia
Where Do You Live? Australia
How Old Are you? 21
Favorite Type of Music? Pop? Rap? Synthwave? Death Grips? IDK my music taste is a contradictory mess reflecting my interesting life.
Profession or Career: Student
Favorite video game(s)? Metal Gear Solid 3, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Metroid
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Writing, daydreaming, political activism.

Wil348

I just had my first hookup yesterday. We didn't get a chance to do much since we were in a public restroom in the middle of the day, but still, Pandora's Box has been opened. >:)

Astral Dog

thanks <3

Yesterday, in preparation for going to a club for the first time, I bought like 250$ worth of clothes for 104$ >:) JC penny had everything at 60% off.

Then I stopped at a local mexican restaurant and ordered WAAAAY too much food. Like, I did not expect a mountain. Lowkey felt like dying afterwards.

Tomorrow night I'm gonna get smashed
You shouldn't have eaten Mexican food &#127798;&#127790;&#127791;
I just had my first hookup yesterday. We didn't get a chance to do much since we were in a public restroom in the middle of the day, but still, Pandora's Box has been opened. >:)
image.php

Gibbs

Have I done this? IDK. Anyway, here's the intro thing. No bold because my mouse is working weirdly today.

How Old Are you? 21
Favorite Type of Music? Pop? Rap? Synthwave? Death Grips? IDK my music taste is a contradictory mess reflecting my interesting life.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Writing, daydreaming, political activism.

Hey! Welcome =)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

How Old Are you? 21

Welcome!

deets

Top Bottom