• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

White dudes are the worst and ruin everything.

If you're poking fun at me for that comment, lets be real. The only people interested in "freeze peach colleges SHOULD pay to have Milo speak" are those that have nothing to really lose from a second rise of Nazism.

It's ironic, because the difference between fascist and democratic political philosophies could be cut on the basis of public education. Basically, both democrats and facists are fearful of 'the masses', but democrats believe that the path to social stability is through public education, while fascists believe that social stability resultant from public education is illusory, and instead we have to opt for a sort of authoritarian control.

So essentially, an open dialogue goes against fascist social philosophy, and the only reason they'd deign to engage in one is as a means of seizing power. So saying that we should have an open dialogue with facists is practically like saying you should be a good host to the marauders waiting outside your city walls.

Scratch a Liberal and a Fascist bleeds, as the saying goes.

So I'm currently in a coffee shop (in Canada) doing some school reading. This old couple just walked in and they're Trump supporters and saying the left are spreading fake news and that "if you know what you're talking about" that Trump is going to save the States etc. He's also saying how he is removing people on Facebook because they're being judgmental and intolerant of Trump supporters, lol.

Biting my tongue. Call 911, I may die from blood loss.

Joking aside, it's important that people realize that *this* is why it's important that the left be smart about their critiques of the Trump administration. The fact that CNN (and then Buzzfeed at the next level) ran with the obviously BS "leak" that claimed DJT was into urination etc. in Russia has allowed him to paint the left with a broad brush and given him something to throw back when he wants to paint anything against him as "fake news."

Kevyt

The problem is that it's not just "left media running fake news" it's also right wing media.

The many fake articles and reporting from right wing news sources is enormous, not to mention all the fearmongering.

I'm not sure why they get a pass and swept under the floor.

The problem is that it's not just "left media running fake news" it's also right wing media.

The many fake articles and reporting from right wing news sources is enormous, not to mention all the fearmongering.

I'm not sure why they get a pass and swept under the floor.

Oh totally. The right has been notorious for it since at least the mid 90s. In fact, I think that's why people ignore theirs more: it's just the norm now.

That being said, I dislike the left peddling fake stories because that's the side I associate with, and it's the one that's supposed to be "above" that, IMO. Obviously each side has its nutjobs, but as a whole we're supposed to be more discerning. But when a reasonable chunk latch onto such obvious BS just because it's against Trump, it loses us the highground and allows the right an out they shouldn't have. We're better than that.

Xiao Hu

Good luck on the threesome!

haha thanks :D

So I'm currently in a coffee shop (in Canada) doing some school reading. This old couple just walked in and they're Trump supporters and saying the left are spreading fake news and that "if you know what you're talking about" that Trump is going to save the States etc. He's also saying how he is removing people on Facebook because they're being judgmental and intolerant of Trump supporters, lol.

Biting my tongue. Call 911, I may die from blood loss.

This is why I can't wait for that generation to finally bite the dust. My disdain for baby boomers has been growing a lot recently.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Idk why I would want to watch that. I live it everyday, and it sucks. Nobody wants me because of it. #blessed

the subject of the documentary is a man who, like you, hates his "gay voice" and seeks out to change it. it might resonate with you.

He's a descriptionless father of one of the characters, ain't none of these people getting hair, height, weight, and other features if I can help it because it almost never matters to a story if it's good

you should make him a daddy so the reader will feel conflicted about him

the subject of the documentary is a man who, like you, hates his "gay voice" and seeks out to change it. it might resonate with you.
Did he change it? I'm not talking about the gay lisp either. I can turn that on and off, and it's fun to do that. I'm talking about the actual pitch of my voice. It's like puberty never happened or something. I think scientists should examine my remains to see what the deal was.

So fuckin sick of straight white dudes on the internet saying that colleges MUST give literal actual neo-Nazis a platform to spew their shit because "both sides" and "open discussion."

You're not going to ever get meaningful open discussion with a neo-Nazi or a facist. And colleges should certainly not be handing these people money.
Like, seriously. It really bugs me that apparently we NEED to give literal neo-Nazis platforms to say whatever the hell the want, including harassing women and LGBT individuals and shit just being a "sad, but necessary price to pay" for that freedom that absolutely must be defended and not be infringed at all apparently, but yet its making sure that transgender prisoners have access to treatment including SRS of all things that makes them lose their shit. They're all "I don't agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" with literal neo-Nazis, but suddenly that supposed attitude of loving kindness even for the worst of us as being the only way forward disappears when it comes to transgender prisoners, people who, unlike neo-Nazis spouting all kinds of hate on stage, can't actually harm anyone in any way since they're motherfucking incarcerated but yet it's nonetheless the neo-Nazis who actually can and want to cause harm to others whose rights and mental well-being and stuff that we're supposed to be concerned with and that apparently stops and ends there? I just... I can't...

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
If I could afford it, I'd go sis
Yup. Goung to see a psychologist and such is ridiculously expensive here... I:

There are sliding-scale therapists and LGBT centers available in pretty much all the major urban areas and plenty of more modestly-sized cities. When I was in therapy a while back, it only cost $20 per session (once every other week).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
HAL was absent from the presentation, so no Kirby. :( So was Intelligent Systems. I think we'll at least hear from one of those studios by the end of the year, if not both.

I hope for your sake that we do! :)

Did he change it? I'm not talking about the gay lisp either. I can turn that on and off, and it's fun to do that. I'm talking about the actual pitch of my voice. It's like puberty never happened or something. I think scientists should examine my remains to see what the deal was.

watch it and see

Alrus

HAL was absent from the presentation, so no Kirby. :( So was Intelligent Systems. I think we'll at least hear from one of those studios by the end of the year, if not both. The last Kirby game was unveiled only a few months before it launched, so HAL might wait until their next game is ready. Kirby might be 2018 or 2019. :/

Surely we'll hear about Intelligen System during the Fire Emblem direct coming on the 18th. (if I understood correctly it isn't solely about Fire Emblem Musou)

Why they decided to do a direct so soon after their presentation and not talk about it during the actual presentation (showing a 10 second teaser of a musou game does not count) is beyond me. Nintendo should really hire some new PR guys.

Also I the massive disappointment from the conference has dissipated a bit. I think I might still buy a Switch close to launch (assuming it isn't sold out but I honestly doubt it's going to fly off shelves). I still think it's stupidly priced but the appeal of playing a new Zelda in my bed is too good to pass up I think.

Alrus

Since we're on the Direct and Switch stuff again, may I just say that this Parental Controls video they released is SUPER ADORABLE? :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGqfOY4A6LY

Dad Bowser is best Bowser. Really wish they'd find a way to put more stuff like that in the games themselves~

That's adorable and a rather cool implementation of parental control (and you could even troll someone with it I guess), I'm kinda surprised Nintendo did this.

We've got Dad bowser in Mario Sunshine, it was just weird tbh.

That's adorable and a rather cool implementation of parental control (and you could even troll someone with it I guess), I'm kinda surprised Nintendo did this.

We've got Dad bowser in Mario Sunshine, it was just weird tbh.
It's super weird because of the terrible, out-of-place voice-acting and because it was just kind of a weird little scene all at the end by the end.

Although, voice-acting aside, I actually liked the facial expressions and stuff in that scene and stuff. Like, Bowser's trying to tell Jr that Peach isn't really his mother and reach out to him while he does so, but then he interrupts him saying that he knows and Bowser pulls back with a concerned expression on his face like he's genuinely feeling terrible for lying to Jr and isn't sure what to say or do to make everything better and alright again. And then Jr. just changes the subject himself and basically gives his Dad a pass and the scene resolves itself.

Like, the voice-acting is terrible and the actual subject-matter of the scene (the whole weird nonsense about Peach being Jr.'s mom which I really don't know WTF Nintendo was smoking when they made that like half of the "plot" of the game) is really, really fucking weird, but I did nonetheless love the father-son moment in of itself for just how cute Bowser is when he's concerned about how Jr.'s actually taking it and what he should say and how to make everything better from his own fuck-ups and making the mistake of lying to his son just for another plot to kidnap Peach (which, when you think about it, really makes him an absolutely terrible parent since that was basically the entire point of the lie in the first place, right? To try and motivate Jr. to kidnap Peach for him and do all the shit he does on Isle Delfino as Shadow Mario since Bowser wasn't feeling up to it I guess? WTF was the point of all that instead of just doing it himself? God, Sunshine's "plot" is bad).

...But yeah, definitely wish is wasn't in a fucking weird scene about whether or not Peach has anything to do with his birth which was terribly voice-acted on top of it all. Bleh.

lenovox1

220px-Enoughposter.jpg

OI49QxC.gif

This is a child that is highly sexually active, and I'm over here living like a nun in the Vatican. Sitting here like...

MYgl6.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Season 3 of Please Like Me thoughts*:
Okay, I know that I'm basically just using this forum as a blog, but I hope you all will allow me to continue to indulge myself with these final two seasons and to put my thoughts somewhere

• As the show has gone on, I sense that there has been an increase in "real moments" where rather serious things are addressed in powerful ways; it's getting heavier/meatier without losing its comedy.
  • I want to give special shout-outs to Hannah's and Claire's storylines this season for their "real moment" aspects and how well the show presented them.
  • I really do get the sense that there is at least one death per season, which has me nervous for Season 4 and people saying one of the episodes is devastating.
  • I think Arnold became less rank-competitive (among Josh's interests) in this season compared to Season 2, but I also think this is just me being problematic.
  • Ella is really charming, and so is Claire.
  • I think there's a chance this might have been the first time I've seen footage of (not a spoiler, just NSFW)
    anal sex
    before (albeit, in this case, it was just a staged depiction), and I thought, generally, the way it was depicted here was so romantic and sweet that lots more TV intimacy of all kinds should figure out how to do it like this.
  • It ended feeling unresolved, which I remember feeling somewhat similarly about during Season 2's finale. I hope Season 4 offers a bit more closure at the end of the season.

This is a child that is highly sexually active, and I'm over here living like a nun in the Vatican. Sitting here like...
If you want sexy times, just go on Grindr. Normally I'm a dumping ground for closeted frat guys, but since I miss the one guy who pretended to like me for couple weeks, I'm tired of peen atm.

I wonder what he's up to. He graduated last semester and is certainly going to have a bright future. Now I'm just all alone on a Saturday night listening to the "Barbie Girl" instrumental on repeat.

Kevyt

If you want sexy times, just go on Grindr. Normally I'm a dumping ground for closeted frat guys, but since I miss the one guy who pretended to like me for couple weeks, I'm tired of peen atm.

I wonder what he's up to. He graduated last semester and is certainly going to have a bright future. Now I'm just all alone on a Saturday night listening to the "Barbie Girl" instrumental on repeat.

Link to the instrumental version of Barbie girl??

I was watching recently and listening to Aqua's Tivoli concert. I think that was one of their best live performances ever tbh https://youtu.be/6xwj-L6vV5s

B-Dex

I am HOWLING. Anthony Kongphan (a hot twitch streamer) had his image used for a gay erotic digital book that's for sale on amazon without his consent.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I hope for your sake that we do! :)

Thanks. I'm sure the pink puffball will greet us all soon. :)

Surely we'll hear about Intelligen System during the Fire Emblem direct coming on the 18th. (if I understood correctly it isn't solely about Fire Emblem Musou)

I'd say the two most likely appearances are Fire Emblem mobile (supposedly due out by the end of March) and Fire Emblem Warriors. I think it'd be very surprising to already see a Switch game from the Fire Emblem team, but it could happen.

Intelligent Systems needs to get their priorities in check, tbh. They need to make a new Puzzle League/Tetris Attack. I'll take a Fire Emblem-themed one with shitty Chrom and boring Lucina if I have to.

Intelligent Systems needs to get their priorities in check, tbh. They need to make a new Puzzle League/Tetris Attack. I'll take a Fire Emblem-themed one with shitty Chrom and boring Lucina if I have to.
IntSys made
programmed
Super Metroid. They need to work on that, not more Fire Emblem.

Actually they need to work on Advance Wars preferably.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Finally, my last post about this...thoughts on Season 4 of Please Like Me. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts here, even if most of you haven't seen the show. I recommend it! It's on Hulu, which you can choose to subscribe to for only a month in the US for $8. I'd summarize it as a queer show about life in your 20s with a strong motif of mental health. I'm just going to spoiler all my thoughts for this season:

- I think this show just got sadder and sadder with each season. This was by far the saddest season. I hope the writers are happy...
- I was rather dissatisfied with how little Arnold was in it. I was hoping that he'd show up at at some point at the end, like Geoffrey did for Season 1's funeral, but I guess in some way, it just makes sense. Sometimes, after a breakup, that person is just gone from your life, even after months together. Still weird because Arnold knew Rose from the psych hospital... I hope Arnold got closure off-camera. Still, we didn't even see Josh's reaction to Arnold's voicemail about him dating someone new. They seemingly dated for a really significant amount of time, so it was odd how quickly he left the picture. This is compared to Geoffrey who can't seem to leave the picture. At the same time, if it was an intentional narrative decision, it makes sense and feels realistic.
- Speaking of Geoffrey, I'm really glad they acknowledged that Josh and him simply aren't compatible (probably to address people who really liked Josh with Geoffrey)
- I know they kind of introduced it in Season 3, but Arnold really became a character associated with his sex drive for me by the end of this season.
- Claire was unusually absent, too, but I guess they needed someone to fulfill the role of someone who doesn't know how to handle someone else's grief.
- Josh is a surprisingly good actor. I'm not sure why I find that surprising, but I do.
- I wonder what was in Rose's suicide letter to Josh (I'm pretty sure the note said "Josh," yeah?), but I guess it ultimately wouldn't be anything surprising or something that we needed to hear. I'd have liked to know that Josh at least read it, though.
- I really liked that they addressed the weird mystery of never saying what Alan's dad did but him being very wealthy and always working.
- When Josh said that the last few conversations he had with his mom made him wonder if she had been saying goodbye, I tried to think if I just hadn't been picking up on it. But I don't think it was in the writing of the previous episodes and he was referring to conversations off-screen.
- This season had the sense of closure I was looking for from the other seasons, but it was not a happy closure.
- I could see this being the last season because of that closure, but I hope it's not because I'd like something happier and hopeful.
- I'm sad that they changed sets for the houses.
- I couldn't believe how much Rose's house was sold for, but I guess those were Australian dollars and not US ones.
- This season had me feeling...bleak. Claire randomly disappeared (with the only explanation given being a particularly dark one from Arnold), Rose died, and everyone broke up. The only happy ending was maybe Hannah? But really, it seemed rather hopeless.
- I'd like a happy and optimistic Season 5 (with some drama and downs, of course), and for the show to wrap up there.
- If I had to pick someone from the existing cast for Josh to end up with, I think I'd most prefer Patrick because he has the most connection with and least baggage with Josh. They felt like a right place but wrong time kind of deal. I'd also be content with it being Arnold or a new character introduced next season.

Nohar

I watched season 4 recently... Needless to say, I was
devastated
by the end of it, for obvious reasons:
Rose's death, Josh being wrecked by grief (shit, those scenes were powerful), Ella leaving Tom (come on, she was a funny, nice girl! I wanted her to stay), Claire still out of Josh's life (at this point, you have to wonder why they are still friends), Hannah feeling guilty, etc

lenovox1

I watched season 4 recently... Needless to say, I was
devastated
by the end of it, for obvious reasons:
Rose's death, Josh being wrecked by grief (shit, those scenes were powerful), Ella leaving Tom (come on, she was a funny, nice girl! I wanted her to stay), Claire still out of Josh's life (at this point, you have to wonder why they are still friends), Hannah feeling guilty, etc

I always assumed
the actress that played Claire just had better gigs during filming, and they wrote around that.

IntSys made
programmed
Super Metroid. They need to work on that, not more Fire Emblem.

Actually they need to work on Advance Wars preferably.
Yes! Advance Wars is amazing. I hope they return to the cartoony style of the GBA games, though. Days of Ruin was so dark and dreary.

I've been playing Paper Mario: Color Splash lately which is Intelligent Systems. The writing is great and the gameplay is pretty good as opposed to being as bad as people say. It is pretty easy to work around the issue of using cards to attack, by buying cards with the winnings from playing Roshambo and few times through the course of the game. I am glad that I bought it despite the complaints.

But sometimes, increasing to frequently as the game goes on, it just feels like they have unreasonable expectations for knowing what to do to progress.

I am up to the final boss and all that is between me and the end is blocking one particular attack. :(

Alrus

Honestly I'm just done with Paper Mario until I get TTYD 2.

Hopefully Color's Splash utter failure at exciting people will lead them to realize their recent strategy with their mario rpgs was wrong.

Both Sticker Star and Dream Team sold well but their sequel vastly underperformed, so I hope we see some changes for their respective sequel. (but the pessimist in my just thinks they're going to shelve both series).

I never played TTYD. That is the game I am hoping for GameCube VC for.

If Paper Mario was a more traditional RPG with party members and no timing for attacks or defence it could be different enough from a Mario & Luigi series that focuses on timing.

DOWN

Banned
Ok I'm liking these RPJ avatars and am ready for more so please

I got my head shaved last december.. I'm.. not sure I'm confident enough yet. I also finally lost my twink face haha. Aging sucks, I guess.
I've had more sex this year so far than the whole of last year. Guys seem to like the Luthor look for some reason?

BTW DOWN you look fantastic, and not in the "Omg so hot" sense, but legit healthy and handsome looking. Care to share your care routines? I've bought magazines with less handsome models.
my care routine is find an amazingly lit bathroom at work, utilize one of 2 good angles for all selfies, if not lit to the point that flaws are just plain overexposed away - add filter, shrink down to near unrecognizable resolution, use as GAF avi. Jk
absolutely true
I guess but thanks a bunch. I eat with some moderation, walk a lot, and wash my face twice daily so I essentially I am a lazy animal doing the bare minimum.

Now get your RPJ uploaded

Just saw Moonlight. I found it powerful and I think it deserved the awards. The last scene especially made the whole thing hit home for me.

Astral Dog

Oh dear i cannot longer walk without getting exhausted and my belly is so big i cant wear my large shirts anymore without unbuttoning. Sometimes they even have to roll me off to places just to get there.

though the last part might not be true

Kevyt

Oh dear i cannot longer walk without getting exhausted and my belly is so big i cant wear my large shirts anymore without unbuttoning. Sometimes they even have to roll me off to places just to get there.

though the last part might not be true

You should walk/jog more

Astral Dog

You should walk/jog more
I guess i should start again. 😳
though my diet is very specific i only eat things with lots of carbs and fat with a little bit of sugar sprinkled verywhere.

edit: and just wanted to vent a little bit 😅

Top Bottom