• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched "Paris is Burning" last night and that documentary is fantastic (or should I say fabulous?). Definitely recommend watching it. I finally understand what "shade" means hahaha. The drag thread got me to finally sit down and view it!

mantidor

I watched "Paris is Burning" last night and that documentary is fantastic (or should I say fabulous?). Definitely recommend watching it. I finally understand what "shade" means hahaha. The drag thread got me to finally sit down and view it!

I actually posted it in this thread like a mere couple of days ago, but obviously no one reads what I post, why do I bother :p

ngower

That and Grey Gardens are two of the most quotable gay/gay-loved films I can think of.

Venus' storyline is so heartbreaking.

One of the kids ("I'm gay and he's gay too," etc) grew up to be a founder of House of LaPerla, which I know one of the RuPaul's Drag Race girls was involved with....maybe Carmen?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Did you decide on who you're using?

I'm still struggling to decide:

Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape
Bibarel (I read that it's one of the best HM mules in the game)
Floatzel (no idea if it's any good or not but it's super cute and I must have one on my team)

Maybe:

Rampardos (cause he looks cool)
I feel like I need a bird and something electric...(I'm thinking Shinx for electric)
Giratina

idk. What do you suggest? Keep in mind that I only want Gen IV's on my team.

Kater

Banned
I actually saw the link in the CD/Drag thread and I'm right at the moment watching it. Really powerful movie. :)

Edit:
That was a really good documentary. Wow.

The way you learned about all these peoples lives and then at the end you hear how one of them (Venus Xtravaganza) was killed was gut-wrenching. I was fueled with rage, even if this is long past. It still affected me a lot.

Paris is Burning is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. The two young kids at the beginning and the end almost always seem to make me cry
Lets live a little in the thread for the movie
Opulence
opulence.gif

O P U L E N C E Opulence
tumblr_mqz7wbibVU1qfw4cio2_500.gif

Man, fuck bruised tailbones.
The tailbone sucks.
Class was painful this afternoon.
Hurts to sit right now. Ugh.

On a lighter note, I passed my CS quiz today.YAY!

Anybody else ever become hyper self-aware at random occasions...?

It happened to me a moment ago - I suddenly realised that I was in the shower doing the Fresh Prince of Bel Air rap to myself and for a moment nothing made sense.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Light the Ratsky signal!

*Batman: TAS theme*

I'm still struggling to decide:

Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape
Bibarel (I read that it's one of the best HM mules in the game)
Floatzel (no idea if it's any good or not but it's super cute and I must have one on my team)

Maybe:

Rampardos (cause he looks cool)
I feel like I need a bird and something electric...
Giratina

idk. What do you suggest? Keep in mind that I only want Gen IV's on my team.

I pick my Pokemon based on cuteness as well. So for electric I went with Luxray, and my bird was Staraptor.

Bibarel is a good HM mule. But is he going to have a permanent spot on your team or are you just going to bring him out when you need him? I mean, you already have a water Pokemon.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I pick my Pokemon based on cuteness as well.

:)

So for electric I went with Luxray, and my bird was Staraptor.

I was looking at a list of Gen IV electric and flying types and there really aren't very many to choose from. The fridge/washing machine/lawn mower ones are just dreadful and there's only like one other bird besides Staraptor, so it looks like I'll have to go with the ones you mentioned.

Bibarel is a good HM mule. But is he going to have a permanent spot on your team or are you just going to bring him out when you need him? I mean, you already have a water Pokemon.

I'll probably keep it in my party. I mainly just use my starter and then switch it out when it's about to die, so I don't really need a robust party.

Berordn

I was looking at a list of Gen IV electric and flying types and there really aren't very many to choose from. The fridge/washing machine/lawn mower ones are just dreadful and there's only like one other bird besides Staraptor, so it looks like I'll have to go with the ones you mentioned.

Well, if you're playing Platinum there's always Togekiss!

Togekiss <3

Dash_

I've got into the habit of going to bed at 7 in the morning and waking up at 5 in the evening.

It's really fucked me up.

I used to do that a few years ago. It's awful when you see next to nothing of the day before it goes dark. Wish I could get that amount of sleep though these days.

Kater

Banned
does anyone else basically write whatever's on their mind on their tumblr blog or am i crazy
Have you written the next part of the fanfic yet?

Is this shade... I can't tell
That's just henchmen shitting on hip new stuff.

Or maybe he means that people don't actually blog themselves but only re-blog other peoples work.

Damn, my sleep pattern is haywire atm. : /

I've got into the habit of going to bed at 7 in the morning and waking up at 5 in the evening.

It's really fucked me up.
I did this too today. Need a new job as soon as possible. And some therapy. (&#12288;-&#12290;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom