• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
Hey guys, I decided to post in this new thread now (not so new anymore I guess). Anyways I don't really have anything to say, although I guess I can mention that I started going out with someone last month. Thing is I wasn't attracted to him at first but I really liked his personality and stuff, so I decided to give him a chance and now I'm glad I did. He's awesome and now I really like him, as in I'm physically attracted to him now, so, yay? :p

Thats great :)

Wow, Mr. Kaiser, congrats! I'm somewhat new but people in here are very funny and nice and the best people in GAF
ok I'll stop >.<

So you're welcome
to tell all the Schweppes stories you know
!

I'm really happy today because I finally mustered ALL my energy and I started writing again. Behold, for I will be the next Spanish super
writing
star!

... Problem is, I don't have any overarching story or anything interesting. I'm just recapping stuff I see when I go for a walk in a surrealist way.

Hmm, that sounds smart, actually. Some of those "Hello and welcome to a new project of random!" entries can sound a bit pretentious - and they look a bit sad if you abandon your tumblr blog the week after, haha

Thank you!

Oh, and very late to the party on this, but BlueBadger's cosplay is amazing! It helps being cute as well, I guess.

Aww thanks mister :) I appreciate that. PAX was so amazing. The cosplays!!

Here are a few of my favorite cosplays I found, if you guys don't mind o_o:
abTaoCb.png

And my favorite pic from the convention in general :p

that Skull Kid one in particular is amazing looking! :0

That Majora's Mask cosplay is fantastic.
To be honest.. When I saw that cosplay, I cried a little :p. She did a flawless job, acting out the movements and everything. And it's from one of my favorite games..!

Apparently on one of the earlier days, there was a Maya Fey that I missed ;__;. I'm sad about that LOL! But I met her the following day when she was cosplaying as a character from Persona! (Rise, I believe). :)

Great pictures BB! Looks like you had a really good time there! And your cosplay wasn't half-bad either :)
Aww thanks Grizzo!! I had a blast. I honestly hope I get to go again next year. It was so amazing! I wanna cosplay again next time, too! :p Maybe Zell from FF8... o___o

BB, you have obvious nice thighs and butt.

God I sound like a creep lol

just sayin' what we're all thinkin'
Not creepy at all! Thank you very much guys!! Although my face is turning redder than my costume... LOL

Awesome pictures, BlueBadger! :) That last one is hotttt. ;)

---

Anyone playing any good games recently?

I've finally started The Walking Dead (Telltale) Season 2. I finished the first two episodes and am on the third one - it's pretty great so far. I love playing as Clem, too.

And I've been playing some more of Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS - I think I'm on the final world, but I assume there's some postgame content like in 3D World.

RM8

My early impression is that tumblr's interface is pretty bad (and I use Reddit, lol). I'll think of something worth posting now, I guess! But I think if I want to make a gaming blog with reviews and stuff I should stick to other sites (maybe Giant Bomb or Destructoid).

Shy Fingers

Banned

Lots of FFXIV here. After giving up MMOs once I realized I couldn't handle them and college, here I am 8 months after graduation sucked back into another one.

Ah well, I'm having fun :)

And I've been playing some more of Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS - I think I'm on the final world, but I assume there's some postgame content like in 3D World.

I believe there are, yes. It's been a while though.

Lots of FFXIV here. After giving up MMOs once I realized I couldn't handle them and college, here I am 8 months after graduation sucked back into another one.

Ah well, I'm having fun :)

I was a big MMO fan years ago. I played FFXI a lot as well as WoW, but then I took a long break since they can be so time consuming. I played A Realm Reborn for around 3 months or so, then finally quit. I enjoyed the game, but again, they are so time consuming and the end-game is fairly repetitive. iirc, I quit shortly after Turn 5 of Coils became beatable by a lot of people (so before patch 2.1 hit).

I believe there are, yes. It's been a while though.

That's good to hear. :) I liked the post-game content of 3D World.

Damn, that Joel pic is hot!

I think Joel is pretty hot, but I've always been partial to Nathan Drake. :p

jwk94

So I joined the LGBT Alliance at my school today. The people there seemed really nice but all of the different sexualities and gender indentities confused me and really intimidated me. Some people prefer when you use the they/them pronouns while others he or she pronouns and it can be really confusing. I feel like I could screw up at any random moment ><

Masamuna

I'm currently doing a trifecta of xillia 2, celceta and shadows of the damned. I was playing trails in the sky but the sheer amount of text finally did me in, I may go back eventually since I'm near the end.

Dead Man

So I joined the LGBT Alliance at my school today. The people there seemed really nice but all of the different sexualities and gender indentities confused me and really intimidated me. Some people prefer when you use the they/them pronouns while others he or she pronouns and it can be really confusing. I feel like I could screw up at any random moment ><

If you are in a group of people with different pronoun preferences like that, and you are new to the group, they shouldn't get upset if you don't remember everybodys preference right off. If they do, kick them in the shins :)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Although my face is turning redder than my costume... LOL

I saw you outside the convention center late Monday afternoon and was surprised that those pants are even brighter than in the pictures, heh. I can't even imagine anyone wearing them for anything but a costume!

jwk94

If you are in a group of people with different pronoun preferences like that, and you are new to the group, they shouldn't get upset if you don't remember everybodys preference right off. If they do, kick them in the shins :)

Thanks! Also, what's pansexual? I looked it up but I don't see how that's any different from being bisexual.

yaaaaaaaaassss BlueBadger you look amazing as Apollo (and hot lol)
Awesome pictures, BlueBadger! :) That last one is hotttt. ;)

---

I've finally started The Walking Dead (Telltale) Season 2. I finished the first two episodes and am on the third one - it's pretty great so far. I love playing as Clem, too.

I'm playing Person 4 for the first time, very good game so far.
My early impression is that tumblr's interface is pretty bad (and I use Reddit, lol). I'll think of something worth posting now, I guess! But I think if I want to make a gaming blog with reviews and stuff I should stick to other sites (maybe Giant Bomb or Destructoid).
You should download x-kit for Tumblr, it's an extention on web browsers that gives you a bunch of options and new features like quick reblogging: http://xkit-extension.tumblr.com/

Rayis

But how's that any different from bisexual? Aren't there only two genders?

bi people sometimes exclude trans people from their dating pool as well as people who don't identify with the gender binary. Pansexual people are open to dating any gender variation.

jwk94

bi people sometimes exclude trans people from their dating pool as well as people who don't identify with the gender binary. Pansexual people are open to dating any gender variation.

Ah, I suppose that makes more sense. Thanks!

It's weird how accepted I felt there. Normally, I kinda feel like a recluse but here, I just felt more or less at home. Sure, I was still shy, but I didn't really feel out of place. Also, I met a trans person (what's cis trans?)! Never met a trans person before, so that was pretty cool. Apologies if that sounds bigoted.

Dead Man

Thanks! Also, what's pansexual? I looked it up but I don't see how that's any different from being bisexual.

Already answered for you, but it is just a very inclusive orientation basically meaning any human may be someone you are attracted to. It is similar to some styles of bisexuality, but it is far more inclusive than most bisexual labels would be.

I find it a bit wanky at times, but I like that it is a label that people use.

mantidor

It's really an spectrum, and spectrums have two ends.

Unless there is an actual "third sex" I find the excessive labeling unnecessary. Bisexuals do not exclude these so called "third genders" as far as I know.

Edit: And what if they do!? just because I'm homosexual doesn't mean I like every single men out there, should we split it out in bear/twink categories? FtM-sexuals? Mature-sexuals? Asian-sexuals? And actual homo-pan-sexuals? I don't care if it sounds harsh, but it's getting ridiculous. Bisexuals are confortable in the spectrum, while homo/heterosexuals are inclined to one of its extremes, I don't get why we have to complicate things. Yes, everyone is unique , but 7 billion labels are kind of hard to manage.

_Isaac

Good photos. I didn't know PAX was a cosplay type of expo. I guess it never crossed my mind. It's pretty fun trying to get your costume together. I cosplayed as Big Boss at Comic-Con, and it was a lot of fun. I at least get to say I've tried it. I think I'd like to do it again.

Dead Man

It's really an spectrum, and spectrums have two ends.

Unless there is an actual "third sex" I find the excessive labeling unnecessary. Bisexuals do not exclude these so called "third genders" as far as I know.

But saying bisexual doesn't automatically include anything else either. It is useful as a more inclusive term I think.

For instance, I know of bi people who would never have sex with a trans person, or a paraplegic person, or an amputee, but identifying as pansexual seems to me to indicate you are open to all possibilities. It's not just about gender I don't think.

Of course, I don't identify as anything other than queer these days, so apologies if I have the pansexual label wrong.

jwk94

Already answered for you, but it is just a very inclusive orientation basically meaning any human may be someone you are attracted to. It is similar to some styles of bisexuality, but it is far more inclusive than most bisexual labels would be.

I find it a bit wanky at times, but I like that it is a label that people use.

The way you put it makes it sound very accepting. I like that.

There was a person who said they were a minority although they appeared to be white? Can someone explain that to me? I understand that they may be of another nationality but is there something within the LGBT community where you identify yourself with a different minority?

Oh and there was something about identifying with both genders? How does that work? I read up on it a while back and I think it said something about someone having a boy and a girl personality that switches every so often.

Speaking of queer! I thought that was a derogatory term?

Sai-kun

Banned
I think using queer as a non-queer person is pretty frowned upon, most of the time. (though there are exceptions, i'm sure)

The only time I ever using it is when referring to myself or a group of people, or the community, in a non-derogatory fashion.

edit: I will say that bi/pansexual can be interchangeable at times. I myself wouldn't have any qualms getting into bed or dating a trans person or someone who didn't completely identify as either a boy or girl, and I prefer the bisexual label for myself, but that's just what I'm comfortable with.

The way you put it makes it sound very accepting. I like that.

There was a person who said they were a minority although they appeared to be white? Can someone explain that to me? I understand that they may be of another nationality but is there something within the LGBT community where you identify yourself with a different minority?

Oh and there was something about identifying with both genders? How does that work? I read up on it a while back and I think it said something about someone having a boy and a girl personality that switches every so often.

Speaking of queer! I thought that was a derogatory term?
Queer people are considered a minority, I think me might have been referring to that. lgbt+ people use Queer as an umbrella term.

Kater

Banned
Queer is really a weird term since it's mixed messages (in my opinion), basically. In German it's either just "anders" (="different") or "Tunte" (="fairy"). That's why I don't use it most of the time.

jwk94

So someone said they "don't know how to be in a relationship".....what does that mean exactly? I apologize for the questions. I don't really have someone in the LGBT community who I can talk to about this stuff.

I think using queer as a non-queer person is pretty frowned upon, most of the time. (though there are exceptions, i'm sure)

The only time I ever using it is when referring to myself or a group of people, or the community, in a non-derogatory fashion.

edit: I will say that bi/pansexual can be interchangeable at times. I myself wouldn't have any qualms getting into bed or dating a trans person or someone who didn't completely identify as either a boy or girl, and I prefer the bisexual label for myself, but that's just what I'm comfortable with.

Queer people are considered a minority, I think me might have been referring to that. lgbt+ people use Queer as an umbrella term.

Queer is really a weird term since it's mixed messages (in my opinion), basically. In German it's either just "anders" (="different") or "Tunte" (="fairy"). That's why I don't use it most of the time.

Thanks for the clarification, everyone!

Im a guy and i've been really curious lately, I just dont know how to go about acting upon that. Its hard enough talking to girls as it is but I have always seemed to get hit on my gay men more than women. One day gaf, one day

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Im a guy and i've been really curious lately, I just dont know how to go about acting upon that. Its hard enough talking to girls as it is but I have always seemed to get hit on my gay men more than women. One day gaf, one day

guys are super easy - just tell em you want to experiment and they'll probably let you suck them off even if they don't like you that much. if they hit on you then you shouldn't have any problem hooking up with them. talking isn't really necessary

daripad

guys are super easy - just tell em you want to experiment and they'll probably let you suck them off even if they don't like you that much. if they hit on you then you shouldn't have any problem hooking up with them. talking isn't really necessary

Wait, what?

Hi guys, I'm super tired, might read your posts on the weekend lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom