• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you written the next part of the fanfic yet?

That's just henchmen shitting on hip new stuff.

Or maybe he means that people don't actually blog themselves but only re-blog other peoples work.

I did this too today. Need a new job as soon as possible. And some therapy. ( -。-)
yes lol.. I wrote it in Word but I never posted because 1)it's embarrassing and 2)grakl got banned :(

Monocle

Try latch from disclosure?
Listen to Money On My Mind, Latch, La La La, and Restart. Then the slow but still catchy songs- Stay With Me, I've Told You Now, Leave Your Lover, Like I Can, and I'm Not The Only One.
Thanks for the recommendations. I looked these up and I guess it's just not my style. Nothing I'd feel like having in my playlist.

Unrelated, but someone mentioned Baptism by Crystal Castles a few pages back and I've listened to it like 30 times over the past week. Something about it really works for me.

T.O.P

Banned
My Bff is moving like 8 hours away from where i live

I'm dying inside gaf

My social life is pretty much gone now

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

scarlet

I'm dying inside gaf

image.php

Sorry to hear that :(

Shy Fingers

Banned

I'm dying inside gaf

Wrote up a pretty big response for this and right before posting realizing it was bff.

Making friends always seems weird to me. It just sort of happens. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

T.O.P

Banned
Wrote up a pretty big response for this and right before posting realizing it was bff.

Making friends always seems weird to me. It just sort of happens. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

24, working in an office full of 50 > women, kinda late to the friends scene

Also, totally not the most social guy (i'm too fuckin picky about people)

Wish i lived in a big city though, even getting small talk while grabbing a coffee before work would be nice, not possible atm though =_=

Dany

Banned
I don't want to start a selfie thing or whatever >_> but Sai-Kun and I headed to the beach yesterday.

BwjnSqtIYAEyuwY.jpg

Dude knew exactly what my day needed.

I watched "Paris is Burning" last night and that documentary is fantastic (or should I say fabulous?). Definitely recommend watching it. I finally understand what "shade" means hahaha. The drag thread got me to finally sit down and view it!

Yaaaas Paris is Burning. I'd say most of modern drag colloquialisms were put on the map because of that documentary. RuPaul's Drag Race in particular brought back most of PIB's best moments. The movie's empowering and tragic all at once. Really a bold film given the time period. <3

I had a tumblr blog too, but I don't like that most of them are reblogs of popular creations/pics taken from famous shows. If I have the inspiration -and I am in a better situation and everything >.< - I'd like to have one dedicated to art and literature. Hmm

And too bad daripad. Tangrowth is in my personal PokéTOP10. Dem tentacles
too NSFW

Serick

Married Member
The court "hesitates with the notion that this state's choice could only be inspired by hate and intolerance," the judge wrote, holding that Louisiana "has a legitimate interest ... whether obsolete in the opinion of some, or not, in the opinion of others ... in linking children to an intact family formed by their two biological parents."

I am getting so sick of hearing this argument. Ignoring the fact that it's completely asinine, no one has been able to show any shred of evidence that allowing same sex couples to get married takes kids out of their biological families or somehow prevents opposite sex couples from getting pregnant.

There is nothing "right" about this sentiment - gays can still have children. All you have done is further punish the children of same sex couples by not allowing their parents to get married and adopt their spouse's biological or adopted children.

Edit: I also forgot that straight couples only have children in wedlock.

"For example, must the states permit or recognize a marriage between an aunt and niece? Aunt and nephew? Brother/brother? Father and child? May minors marry? Must marriage be limited to only two people? What about a transgender spouse? Is such a union same-gender or male-female? All such unions would undeniably be equally committed to love and caring for one another, just like the plaintiffs," he wrote.

All I can come up with are swear words.

HylianTom

Banned

Of course it's going to be here. Of course.

The only way we'll get equality in Louisiana is if SCOTUS requires it for the entire country.

On the positive side, the fact that Ginsburg was so willing to discuss the idea of SCOTUS resolving the issue soon is something I take as a very positive sign. It's like she already knows how the votes on the court will fall..

Mumei

I am getting so sick of hearing this argument. Ignoring the fact that it's completely asinine, no one has been able to show any shred of evidence that allowing same sex couples to get married takes kids out of their biological families or somehow prevents opposite sex couples from getting pregnant.

There is nothing "right" about this sentiment - gays can still have children. All you have done is further punish the children of same sex couples by not allowing their parents to get married and adopt their spouse's biological or adopted children.

Edit: I also forgot that straight couples only have children in wedlock.

All I can come up with are swear words.

Want to be put in a better mood? Listen to a federal appeals court eviscerate that same nonsense here. I listened to it last night. Great stuff.

Serick

Married Member
Want to be put in a better mood? Listen to a federal appeals court eviscerate that same nonsense here. I listened to it last night. Great stuff.

6 minutes in and I'm already getting warm and fuzzy. It helps to hear sane arguments from federal judges in light of the Louisiana ruling.

Mumei

6 minutes in and I'm already getting warm and fuzzy. It helps to hear sane arguments from federal judges in light of the Louisiana ruling.

<3

[paraphrasing]

"What's the harm? I don't understand."
*beat*
"The truth is, your honor, we just don't know."

Hysterical. We don't know, so it could be anything (!!11!!), so we have to prevent this. That's the best they've got.

Sai-kun

Banned
I don't want to start a selfie thing or whatever >_> but Sai-Kun and I headed to the beach yesterday.

BwjnSqtIYAEyuwY.jpg

Dude knew exactly what my day needed.

Yesss! I think we both needed a beach day, haha. Hopefully we can do another one before I start classes next week! :)

Also, Tumblr owns and I could always use more followers!

According to my own header, what I reblog/post consists of: "&#2384; Awesome music &#2384; cool video game stuff &#2384; attractive men and women &#2384; interesting yoga poses &#2384; miscellaneous images/gifs &#2384; delicious food &#2384; cute animals &#2384;"

So I guess follow me if you like any/all of those things! (I guess I should put a mild NWS warning.)

And shoot me a message if you do, with your GAF name, so I can follow you back :)

Son Of D

I don't actually have a tumblr. Even if I did I'd have no idea what to do with it (I say the same for other forms of blogs and social media).

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
Hey guys, I decided to post in this new thread now (not so new anymore I guess). Anyways I don't really have anything to say, although I guess I can mention that I started going out with someone last month. Thing is I wasn't attracted to him at first but I really liked his personality and stuff, so I decided to give him a chance and now I'm glad I did. He's awesome and now I really like him, as in I'm physically attracted to him now, so, yay? :p

Oh, and very late to the party on this, but BlueBadger's cosplay is amazing! It helps being cute as well, I guess.

Errr I see you're all sharing your Tumblr blogs too, I would share mine but I usually spam it with a lot of pictures (with lots of hashtags as well) from my Instagram account (like 90% selfies haha). Although I often reblog gaming stuff too, mostly Nintendo related but yeah, I'm not confident enough to share it yet, not right now anyway. Maybe soon, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom