• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liars of the Night: DS Horror from Sadness High School Art Club (Scam Exposed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chao

UltimaKilo said:
WTF? Sadness? I thought they changed the name to Happiness?

Nope, they renamed it again.

happinessNOT.jpg

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
E-phonk said:
Digital amigos, who nibris claims will publish sadness even though they arent a publisher?
Madness!
Sparta?

seriously though, no one pays attention to this stuff any more. Digital Amigos has been a partner company from the start, you know, to suplement Nibris's limited resources. they are not the publisher. Frontline was the same. they were there to suplement Nibris's lack of resources. thing is, Nibris announced they had a publisher at the same time as they announced their partnership with Frontline. neither was FRONTLINE the publisher.

the publisher as of now is completely unknown. all we know is that they have been keeping a lid on sadness for the time being. my sources pin their presence in LGC for their DS projects and E4all in october with a gameplay trailer for Sadness.

see, alot of this is just misunderstanding. there were a bit of credibility issues before, but now that they have playable code for the DS out there, there isn't much to doubt in terms of nibris's existance.

KINGMOKU

jesusraz said:
So, despite what many think about Nibris, the team is busy on several projects, one of them being a new game devised from the creative team that came up with the Sadness idea. This time it's a DS exclusive called 'The Children of the Night':

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8310/

- 3rd-Person horror game
- In full colour
- Exclusively for DS
- Includes a deep screenplay-style of writingscreenplay style? WOW*rolleyes*
- From the creative team behind a vaporware game that was never released for Wii.

I'm just tidying up an interview from the team as well. It'll be posted later...

Who did you interview? The tooth fairy?

Zynx

Nibris is probably a few people faking shit and seeing how many people will continue to believe, or at least, discuss stuff.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Damn, at the very least start releasing some actual footage of your previously announced titles before piling more fiction on top your usual vaporware!

Nibris will either turn out to be a giant clusterfuck, or some whiz-bang young dev studio. I'm learning towards the former, personally.

legend166

The funny thing is, that even if they games actually do exist (which they don't), they're going to turn out to be so, so horrible.

That's why I hope that they do exist, so we can stop laughing at their vaporware and start laughing at their horrible games.

Lobster

Banned
Soon they're going to be in a car crash. Mark my words. It happens to all great developers who take their time. Remember the guy making OoT 2D? Just wait..car crash.

C3: How is the highly anticipated Wii game ‘Sadness’ progressing? Do you have an idea of when it will finally be released?

Nibris: When we are sure that Sadness is as good as we want it to be. This means that the game will be released no earlier than Q4 2008, and maybe even in sometime in 2009. This game will be a completely new thing in Game Industry.

Requesting Cubed3 ban.

Cosmonaut X said:
I was ambivalent at first, but could we not have a ban on mention of Nibris until they actually release one of their many projects in development, or until there's some actual playable preview code?

What the hell does this even mean?

Why ban? Is it such a bad thing to discuss about a dev, who hasn't ever delivered. Its not like there's something terrible happening of it. And its not like its causing a division of opinion among Gaffers. We are all holding the same opinion regarding Nibris.

UltimaKilo said:
WTF? Sadness? I thought they changed the name to Happiness?

DONT OPEN UR EYES, U WONT LIKE WHAT U SEE
THE DEVILS OF TRUTH STEAL THE SOULS OF THE FREE

DONT OPEN UR EYES, TAKE IT FROM ME,

I'VE FOUND. YOU CAN FIND, HAPPINESS IN SLAVERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/Capslock]

I played Sadness the other day, it looks better than Killzone 2. Nintendo is also giving them heavy backing. I heard the budget is up to forty million pennies.
j/k

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Thomper said:
Np, four.

- Raid on/over the River
- Double bloob
- Children of the Night
- Sadness.

Damn! You win this battle.

I think they should announce even more titles.

Rezbit

EverSoTrendy said:
I played Sadness the other day, it looks better than Killzone 2. Nintendo is also giving them heavy backing. I heard the budget is up to forty million pennies.
j/k

But it doesn't have colour...COLOURRRRR!!

jesusraz

Actually, there's this list so far:

- Double Bloob (DS)
- Bloobs Karts (DS)
- ROTR (DS)
- The Children of the Night (DS)

- Sadness (Wii)
- ROTR (Wii, poss WiiWare download)
- Poss release of Bloobs Karts on WiiWare

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Perhaps they are just some sort of concept art house, and all of this has been a mistranslation.

big_z

fuck stop giving the kids at nibris and crossbeam attention. all your doing is giving them false hope, let their failed dreams crush them.

Chao

I think Nibris is just one guy drawing all kinds of artwork to become famous or something.
I have news for you Nibris:

No.

Linkup

Double Bloob (DS)
ROTR (DS)
Sadness (Wii)

Thought those games where supposed to be at LGC? How come no one has said anything about it? Nibris said they had a publisher, but who are they and why make it secret? Why only release art? Why are all of Nibris gameplay videos release on Youtube? Why do you continue to cover them, yet allow them to not give you the full story? Am I getting really tired of Nibris? Yes. Could a company/dev really be this stupid to generate this kind of image towards the gaming world? How come IGN stopped covering them? Why hasn't NP covered them? How come Cubed3 is the only one ever in contact with them? At this rate do they not deserve all the crap thrown at them? Yes. Why should anyone, include diehard nintendo fans actually believe this Nibris even exist? How come you don't get banned posting this stuff on GAF? All that said who can't wait for Nibris next creative game?

catdance.gif

loltruckjesus.gif

Zynx

Well, they have a decent artist. But it's neat how they've roped someone who doesn't know them personally into vehemently defending their little scam.

Edit:
Let me quote this for posterity.
jesusraz said:
Actually, there's this list so far:

- Double Bloob (DS)
- Bloobs Karts (DS)
- ROTR (DS)
- The Children of the Night (DS)

- Sadness (Wii)
- ROTR (Wii, poss WiiWare download)
- Poss release of Bloobs Karts on WiiWare

Status