• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liars of the Night: DS Horror from Sadness High School Art Club (Scam Exposed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endless

yilmazz said:

¿¿¿???

Following the revelation of a new Nintendo DS project from the minds behind Sadness, Nibris has now sent Cubed³ the first pieces of artwork from horror game 'The Children of the Night'.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8450/

¿¿¿???

Borys

Banned
:Motorbass said:
fixed

But the artwork sure does look nice.

It's not their artwork, they are thieves and liars:

Supposed Nibris DS game artwork:

186712212220070829040453.jpg

Original art:

442083.jpg

The same goes for those other two "Nibris" art pieces.

epic lulz

Ramenman

jesusraz said:
- 3rd-Person horror game
- In full colour
- Exclusively for DS
- Includes a deep screenplay-style of writing

What the... ?

- From the creative team behind 'Sadness' for Wii.

Why do they mention them ? "See, this game is from the famous 'game studio' that brought you 3 black&white artworks !! Isn't it EXCITE ??"

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
jesusaraz, what do you have to say for yourself?

Other Cubed employees, would you like to comment?

E-phonk

Banned
Please ban cubed and nibriss.

Also, somebody should mail gonit-endowowowoooow and other sites that are still full of niibriis beliivers.

Seriously, this nonsense has got to stop.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Now now... should we really take it out on a website for being scammed?

I wonder, however, if this "NIBRIS CONFIRMED TO BE SCAM" will be the big story across the magical Internet tomorrow... on Nintendo news/fan sites, at least.

Edit: You know, it's possible this is a case of a dinky little development team trying to get funding to design this big game they have planned, and they DO actually exist. That makes a little more sense than simply making all of this up, doesn't it? If this was all a mad scheme to try to get investment dollars so as to actually be able to develop something...

Borys

Banned
E-phonk said:
Sadness, made by Deviantart.com

The sad thing is that that dude from digart.pl has no idea some fucks, his polish brothers nonetheless!, are acting like fucking scumbags.

Rezbit

:lol :lol The plot unravels! This thread should be GREAT. About time these frauds were ousted. So...Nibris = Cubed sham?

E-phonk

Banned
DavidDayton said:
Now now... should we really take it out on a website for being scammed?
They didn't just publish some artwork that got send in, but they actively promoted nibris and gave them false credibility by doing interviews and endorsing them on various forums/websites.

sprsk

E-phonk said:
They didn't just publish some artwork that got send in, but they actively promoted nibris and gave them false credibility by doing interviews and endorsing them on various forums/websites.

Perhaps Nibris is real and somehow they got Cubed in on the scam. Maybe there's even money involved!

DDayton

E-phonk said:

I know -- I guess I'm asking whether they were tricked or they were willingly going along with it.

Again, wonder... it's possible this is a case of a dinky little development team trying to get funding to design this big game they have planned, and they DO actually exist. That makes a little more sense than simply making all of this up, doesn't it? If this was all a mad scheme to try to get investment dollars so as to actually be able to develop something...

Cubed3 don't gain anything from hyping up a bunch of lying assholes. From what I remember they're the first people that told me my Tingle DS game was coming out in Europe, and as a result banning just seems mean.

Raist

Banned
Borys said:
The sad thing is that that dude from digart.pl has no idea some fucks, his polish brothers nonetheless!, are acting like fucking scumbags.

e-mail him, go go go ! :lol

Zenith

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Perhaps Nibris is real and somehow they got Cubed in on the scam. Maybe there's even money involved!

just so we're absolutely certain, they haven't just hired this guy and recycled his art? 'cause they're both Polish. I know it still means they don't have any real assets for this game but it's not as bad as stealing.

DavidDayton said:
I know -- I guess I'm asking whether they were tricked or they were willingly going along with it.

Definitely willing. The amount of "exclusives" which were just forum posts c&p.

sprsk

Zenith said:
just so we're absolutely certain, they haven't just hired this guy and recycled his art? 'cause they're both Polish. I know it still means they don't have any real assets for this game but it's not as bad as stealing.

Definitely willing. The amount of "exclusives" which were just forum posts c&p.

Well, considering one is like some medieval shit and another is a Silent Hill mock up, I find it kind of hard to believe.

E-mail the guy on conceptart.

Acosta

Zenith said:

How do you explain the Silent Hill art rip-off? No artist would be so lame to let a studio change a old work and let it pass as something new.

Nibris have annouced their new space adventure game. they are calling it a revolution in control and the greatest game on any console

Art work to be released

Edit
Artwork has now been released

super-mario-galaxy-20060510034923226.jpg

Zenith

Banned
Acosta said:
How do you explain the Origins art rip-off?

I haven't seen it, I'm just going off Bory's post with the Silent Hill fanart. Could someone post all the Nibris arts with their original counterparts and update the OP?

yilmazz

Well if nibris has any investor money left and didn't throw all out for jacuzzis and whores, they would surely try to buy that guy who did the artworks now.

DDayton

So, possibilities so far:

a) Nibris doesn't exist and Cubed3 made it all up for traffic.

b) Nibris is a scam (a couple of Polish kids having fun with Cubed3) and Cubed3 fell for it.

c) Nibris is a hopeful bunch of computer geeks who WANT to develop for the Wii and DS, and though they could fake themselves into a contract. Cubed3 didn't notice this.

d) Nibris is real, but in the early stages of work, and they stupidly hired an artist who pawned off existing art OR his other stuff to them... and they never noticed.

e) Nibris is somehow real and... the art is real... somehow....maybe.... er.... the polish art site guy stole them and backdated the images? ;)

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
DavidDayton said:

b) Nibris is a scam (a couple of Polish kids having fun with Cubed3) and Cubed3 fell for it.

c) Nibris is a hopeful bunch of computer geeks who WANT to develop for the Wii and DS, and though they could fake themselves into a contract. Cubed3 didn't notice this.

d) Nibris is real, but in the early stages of work, and they stupidly hired an artist who pawned off existing art OR his other stuff to them... and they never noticed.

e) Nibris is somehow real and... the art is real... somehow....maybe.... er.... the polish art site guy stole them and backdated the images? ;)
c+d - "early stages of work"

yilmazz

DavidDayton said:

Don't give them ideas. They will surely go with d... cubed news already in the making.

Borys

Banned
Look dudes, the chances that this guy has let his Silent Hill 5 art (he decided to make it cause he was in a Silent Hill phase right now) and two other private artworks (he made the queen one cbecause one girl asked him to) to Nibris for them to promote some shitty NDS game are close to 0.0000000001%.

I emailed him, posted on DigArt and am awaiting for a response now.

His profile on DeviantArt:

http://omen2501.deviantart.com/

You can conctact him from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom