• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Licensed properties with at least 30 games

Phediuk

Here' a list of licensed properties that have been made into a video game at least 30 times.

Note that some of these pages also list sub-series separately (i.e., SD Gundam, Star Wars: X-Wing), which I have noted where appropriate. I link to the GameFAQs series entry where possible, and the Mobygames one where GameFAQs doesn't have one.

Gundam - 252 (includes SD Gundam, SD Gundam Gaiden, SD Gundam World Gachapon Senshi, and Gundam: Gihren's Ambition subpages)
Star Wars - 186 (includes Star Wars: Dark Forces, Star Wars: X-Wing, LEGO Star Wars, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, and Star Wars: Battlefront subpages)
Lego - 175 (includes Lego Racers, Lego Bionicle, Lego Ninjago, Lego Duplo, and Lego Hero Factory subpages)
NFL - 167
NBA - 127
Major League Baseball - 117
J-League - 104
Tom Clancy - 97* (includes Tom Clancy's HAWX, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon subpages)
FIFA (includes FIFA Manager subpage) - 93
Dragon Ball - 91
Dungeons & Dragons - 84 (includes Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Dragonalnce, Mystara, Greyhawk, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter, Icewind Dale, and Eye of the Beholder subpages)
WWE - 84
NHL - 82
Star Trek - 79
Hello Kitty - 78
Looney Tunes - 74 (includes Tiny Toon Adventures subpage)
F1 - 66
Doraemon - 62
Mickey Mouse - 62
Monopoly - 61
Batman - 60** (includes Batman: Arkham subpage)
Naruto - 60
Yu-Gi-Oh! - 59
Spongebob Squarepants - 58
Spider-Man - 56
Nancy Drew - 55
PGA - 52
Digimon - 50
Garfield - 50
Ultraman - 50
Crayon Shin-Chan - 48
NCAA - 47
Godzilla - 46
NASCAR - 46
One Piece - 44
Evangelion - 43
Lord of the Rings - 43
Sesame Street - 43
Barbie - 40
Kamen Rider - 40
Warhammer 40,000 - 39 (includes Space Hulk subpage)
Transformers - 38
Harry Potter - 37
Shrek - 37
Dora the Explorer - 35
James Bond - 35
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 33
Tony Hawk - 33
Asterix - 32
Jeopardy! - 32
Scrabble - 32
X-Men - 32
Fist of the North Star - 31
Jurassic Park - 30
Macross - 30
Power Rangers - 30

Any I missed? I can confirm that Superman, Donald Duck, The Simpsons, Rugrats, Sailor Moon, Bleach, Wheel of Fortune, Indiana Jones, and The Smurfs don't have enough to make the cut.

*Ubisoft has outright owned the Tom Clancy name since 2008, making this an edge case.
**Batman is lowballed a bit because GameFAQs groups together some completely different games as the same thing. There's like 8 different Batman Returns game but they're all counted as one here.

How close was Shrek?

mqdefault.jpg

Shaneus

Looks like it's also counting some different versions/ports as the same? Under F1, the F1 2016 and F1 2016 games have separate entries, as does another title that has both console and handheld versions as separate.

Still, a super interesting list though. I never would've thought there were even close to that number of F1 licensed games released.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
The Gundam games are actually lowballed. There are PC88, PC98, and misc weird PC Gundam games not accounted for.

jaypah

I opened the thread expecting the higher entries to hover around 60 or so. That Gundam number punched me in my shit. Hot damn!

SScorpio

Looked at the Fist of the North Star list because I was surprised at the high number.

Are we considering pachi slot actual games now? If so why are people still so salty with Konami.

Top Bottom