• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm |OT| Hella Walk with Me

5 friends played the game last night. We all loved episode 1. The wait for episode 2 is rough.

I think it was 5% didn't
share headphones with Rachel.
you monsters.

5 friends played the game last night. We all loved episode 1. The wait for episode 2 is rough.

I think it was 5% didn't
share headphones with Rachel.
you monsters.

Are the stats shared between platforms? At least when I played (on PC) it was only 1% that didn't. I can't imagine not and just sitting there lol.

junker

Hey guys, is it possible to upgrade the ps4 standard edition to the Deluxe edition? Doesn't seem to be... :/

Hey guys, is it possible to upgrade the ps4 standard edition to the Deluxe edition? Doesn't seem to be... :/

Yes, the option is there for €9.99.

KpjIBmo.png

Maybe search if you can't find, or go to game page / add on

xrnzaaas

Anyone else finds the pricing of the first episode kinda... strange? By buying the season pass you save only a tiny amount of money and the deluxe edition costs 4 times more than the separate first episode. So Max's episode would have to be a full length one to justify that price (assuming you don't treat additional costumes as something that can raise the price by a lot).

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Actually REALLY impressed by how much better the facial animation is in this game compared to the first. The movement actually resembles what the characters are saying. Different system in place or just improved rigs?

The 1st episode was a little jarring at first with getting used to the new voice actors for various characters but other than that this is way better than I ever expected.

I'm glad to be proven completely wrong from thinking the new developers couldn't nail it but they knocked it out of the park in my eyes.
So the
powers narrative is continuing, hmmm wonder whether Rachel passed her powers onto Max somehow or if she is the storm.

carlsojo

I like that Skip guy

Actually REALLY impressed by how much better the facial animation is in this game compared to the first. The movement actually resembles what the characters are saying. Different system in place or just improved rigs?

The look on Chloe's face when she was
listening to Skip's demo was the BEST.

Deck Nine created a new engine called StoryForge for this game.

Played through episode one last night, and I am so thoroughly impressed and satisfied with how this turned out. Never cared much for Chloe in LiS, but BTS has actually got me feeling more sympathetic towards her situation and caring about her character. But, the thing is, even if I still didn't like Chloe, there is so much more to the story than just her. So many characters and plots are being expanded on, that I really am just finding myself completely captured by the story again. That's the thing about LiS that I enjoyed the most - I never became overly attached to any of the characters really, it was always the story that had drawn me in the most. I care about the story and feel a strong desire to see it unfold, which is what I'm feeling again here. There is tons of fan service, sure, but it's fan service done right.

but yeah. I love it so much. Can't wait for more!

overcast

I don't wanna be that guy but I think I'll wait till it wraps up and they sell a deluxe physical version similar to the first one. Would look great together.

I don't wanna be that guy but I think I'll wait till it wraps up and they sell a deluxe physical version similar to the first one. Would look great together.

I'll probably do what I did with the first game and end up buying several copies digital and physical :p

Montresor

There's nothing wrong with being "that guy".

I'm completely over ever, under ANY circumstances, buying these kinds of episodic games until at least the 2nd last or final episode is out.

These games always take too long to release and are always heavily discounted before they are finished.

Life Is Strange was my 2015 GOTY but I'll easily and comfortably wait for this game to be finished, as much as I love the idea of revisiting Chloe and Rachel Amber's relationship.

This holiday in particular is going to be really great (at least for me specifically) if I remain patient - there are four different "Telltale" style adventure games that may all conceivably finish by around Christmas time: Minecraft Season 2, Batman Season 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Life Is Strange Before The Storm. I'd love to just buy all four on sale this Christmas and spend a long weekend playing them all.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm jealous, I'd love to own the collector's edition of LiS for the soundtrack CD and art book.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Lucky you! I'm considering importing it from the European Square Enix store, but I'm not sure if they'll send it here, or how much will shipping cost.

I already have the first two Syd Matters CDs on the way from France, this series is making me spend a lot of money :'(

Lima

So I have been really out of the loop on gaming news. I saw a new Daughter album pop up on Spotify and then realized that they did the (majority?) of the soundtrack for this. I've listened to it and of course it's nothing short of amazing.
They are my favorite band so I really want to get this now. Problem is I have only played EP1 of LiS but then again I heard this is a prequel. Can I play this before the original LiS or should I just sit down and finish that first?

Joeku

So I have been really out of the loop on gaming news. I saw a new Daughter album pop up on Spotify and then realized that they did the (majority?) of the soundtrack for this. I've listened to it and of course it's nothing short of amazing.
They are my favorite band so I really want to get this now. Problem is I have only played EP1 of LiS but then again I heard this is a prequel. Can I play this before the original LiS or should I just sit down and finish that first?

While nothing in this seems to spoil Life is Stranger proper, it feels like it's meant to be played in the context of knowing what comes later.

So, I'd say totally optional, but preferable. And it may be hard to go back to the old animation style after this anyway, so I'd suggest playing through it first. The last four episodes should only take 10-12 hours or so combined.

Lima

While nothing in this seems to spoil Life is Stranger proper, it feels like it's meant to be played in the context of knowing what comes later.

So, I'd say totally optional, but preferable. And it may be hard to go back to the old animation style after this anyway, so I'd suggest playing through it first. The last four episodes should only take 10-12 hours or so combined.

Okay thanks. I will play the original one first then.

NeoRaider

I got OG LiS Digital on Steam. Then also bought physical Limited Edition when it was available.

And i am so happy that i did, because it's very rare now. And my is still unopened. lol

xrnzaaas

I bought the standard edition because it seems like the best deal and then I'll upgrade to deluxe when it's on sale (if Max's episode won't turn out to be something crappy).

The first episode was very good, I feel like the beginning and the end were its strongest parts, but it held up really nice as a package as well. I also love the new soundtrack more suited towards Chloe's character. :)

JDB

Banned
Man, I kinda wish this would just release in one go. Didn't discover LiS until the first game was fully released, but I much prefer to play the entire game as opposed to episodes here and there months apart. :/

I really enjoyed the episode, i just hope that there is some actual puzzle solving in the next 2 episodes. I'm praying these devs didn't take the telltale route and just make these episodes mostly dialogue choices with barely any puzzle solving.

epmode

I really enjoyed the episode, i just hope that there is some actual puzzle solving in the next 2 episodes. I'm praying these devs didn't take the telltale route and just make these episodes mostly dialogue choices with barely any puzzle solving.

The first game barely had any puzzles so I assume this will be similar. It's probably for the best. Almost no one knows how to make good adventure game puzzles these days*, and I'm not even sure they'd improve a relatively grounded game like this.

*Thimbleweed Park is a recent exception

The first game barely had any puzzles so I assume this will be similar. It's probably for the best. Almost no one knows how to make good adventure game puzzles these days*, and I'm not even sure they'd improve a relatively grounded game like this.

*Thimbleweed Park is a recent exception

I'm in need of a replay with life is strange but I remember it having some cool puzzles. The only in particular I liked was the puzzle where you need to
open the door in the school. I also like how you need to pay attention as well when it came to kate and there was the part where your trying to find the dark room.
It wasn't a turn your brain off type of game like most of telltales recent games.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in need of a replay with life is strange but I remember it having some cool puzzles. The only in particular I liked was the puzzle where you need to
open the door in the school. I also like how you need to pay attention as well when it came to kate and there was the part where your trying to find the dark room.
It wasn't a turn your brain off type of game like most of telltales recent games.
There was also the part where you needed to
grab Frank's RV keys by doing some time manipulation
. It didn't have many puzzles, but they were interesting.

The 1st episode was a little jarring at first with getting used to the new voice actors for various characters but other than that this is way better than I ever expected.

I'm glad to be proven completely wrong from thinking the new developers couldn't nail it but they knocked it out of the park in my eyes.
So the
powers narrative is continuing, hmmm wonder whether Rachel passed her powers onto Max somehow or if she is the storm.

What are you referring to with that spoiler?

Anteater

finished it, i like how much the game focus on chloe and rachel's relationship which links to the background of the 2 characters, and the atmosphere is good, I also think they stepped up their game with the cutscenes, they look good and there are some great moments, some of the side characters are great even though they're not the major focus

can't wait to play ep 2

Second playthrough thing I noticed - very early.

You can get into the party another way even if you fail to backtalk the bouncer

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I guess you can "reply" the chapters and just do graffiti for the achievements after you finish the episode? Like in LiS with photos?

If not... XD
Yup, you can. I used Collector Mode to get the last 2, which I missed during my playthrough.

Top Bottom