• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Holy shit.

A Man.
A City.
A Lighthouse.

Superpowers triggered by raising one's Hand.

Time Travel and
Alternate Universes.

Constants and Variables, bitches, LiS is Bioshock 3!

50140515.jpg

The first line of dialogue in Episode 5 should be:

Jefferson: None of this would have happened if you had just submitted THAT photo Max!

NeonBlack

The first line of dialogue in Episode 5 should be:

Jefferson: None of this would have happened if you had just submitted THAT photo Max!

You go back in time and give him the photo. From there Nathan is arrested after the bathroom accident because Rachel clawed her way out and went to the police!!!!

Max: "Life is Strange huh?"

Anyone else playing on the Xbox 360 and having trouble to download the fourth episode?
The episode is clearly available on the marketplace, hell, even the game tells me to check out episode 4 but instead of the "Play" button, there's only the "Comming Soon" button. Even re-downloaded the season pass but it didn't help.

Gbraga

Why does it take me so long to finish each episode? It's at least 4 hours to me, same goes for The Walking Dead, I don't feel like I waste time either, I'm usually always doing something, and I hold the sprint button a lot more than I feel like I should.

There are games where I take longer than average, like Bloodborne that took me 69 hours on my first playthrough, but then I knew why it was taking me longer, because I wanted as much of the story as I could find, so that included going back to each area and talking to every NPC again after each boss fight or major event in the game, but in those story-driven adventure games, I really don't know why I take so long.

Why does it take me so long to finish each episode? It's at least 4 hours to me, same goes for The Walking Dead, I don't feel like I waste time either, I'm usually always doing something, and I hold the sprint button a lot more than I feel like I should.

There are games where I take longer than average, like Bloodborne that took me 69 hours on my first playthrough, but then I knew why it was taking me longer, because I wanted as much of the story as I could find, so that included going back to each area and talking to every NPC again after each boss fight or major event in the game, but in those story-driven adventure games, I really don't know why I take so long.

This episode was especially long, probably roughly double the length of all the previous ones. I also have a tendency to take a long time with every episode - inspecting everything and taking in the atmosphere takes time :)

Gbraga

This episode was especially long, probably roughly double the length of all the previous ones. I also have a tendency to take a long time with every episode - inspecting everything and taking in the atmosphere takes time :)

I didn't even finish this one, took me around 4 hours for episodes 1, 2 and 3. Haha.

It could have to do with not being a native english speaker, maybe? There's a lot of stuff to read, after all, I could just read a lot slower than average.

EDIT: Oh, for episode 2 it was definitely finding the last bottle that made me took longer than I should. Took me a loooooooong time to find that shit.

Encountered a weird glitch in episode 4 during the
Frank
scenario.

Said glitch resulted in the choices looping and ultimately resulting in both cases where Frank is stabbed or shot dead.

Had to close it, hopefully restarting fixes it. :/

Skux

Played ep4, that was incredible. I played the
Frank
and
Victoria
conversations about half a dozen times, there's just so many ways it can go, all depending on your actions there and your actions in the past.

Make sure you check your cellphone when you're in the
alternate reality. In this one, Chloe likes emojis O_O

aravuus

I tend to wait till all episodes are out with games like these, but... I'm too excited to give it a try, which is surprising since I know absolutely NOTHING about the story. Fuck it, 4 is fine, I'm sure the final episode will be out in a couple of months anyway.

That's all, now I'm out, don't want to get spoiled now of all times

Skux

Also, the
Kate hospital scene
was fantastic. In Telltale games
when a character can live or die, if they live, they're considered dead weight and either are offed unceremoniously or never spoken of again.
DONTNOD went the extra mile and made content that might not even be seen by some players but it was a great way to make the characters more real, and make us feel like they continue existing outside of Max's story.

Bittercup

I need help with one of the puzzles. I think I'm more towards the end of the episode. Right now I'm in the
barn

And there I need to
open the door in the ground. I have attached the hook to the lock but what do I have to do now? I assume I have to attach something to the other end but I can't find any item that gives me a prompt to use with the rope

Skux

I need help with one of the puzzles. I think I'm more towards the end of the episode. Right now I'm in the
barn

And there I need to
open the door in the ground. I have attached the hook to the lock but what do I have to do now? I assume I have to attach something to the other end but I can't find any item that gives me a prompt to use with the rope

Solution:

Use your rewind power once you're at the top level, to bring the green generator back onto the ledge. Then attach the rope to the generator and push it off.

wrowa

barn

And there I need to

Look around the barn for a bit. There's a place where you can climb up with Chloe's help to the next floor. There you'll find what you need.

barn

And there I need to

You can climb up the platform next to the hay bales, I'll let you figure out from there :)

barn

And there I need to

You need to climb higher.

--edit, hah, got beaten x3!

Caffeine

barn

And there I need to

when u get to the top of the barn rewind time so the generator is by you attach the other end to it an move the generator

-edit rekt 4x haha

Bittercup

Thanks all of you :)
I did climb up, but I always forget that the rewind power sometimes can be used as a solution for puzzles.
edit: MaxGyver strikes again. Haha

Skux

First! Too bad there's no rewind power in real life :p

My Steam clocks in at 13 hours on a single playthrough so far. Considering the replayability and price, this game is absolutely insane value.

Pilgrimzero

Just got to the part
Where I am back at school looking for Nathan

The previous scene was
visiting Kate in the hospital where she tells me she can help my get Nate's room #.
Well what replaces this if
Kate is dead?

BTW the whole intro part was amazing though I think Max
could have found another solution to keep Will and Chloe healthy.

cyba89

Wow, episode 4 was good stuff. Took me 4 hours. Played it in one sitting because the pacing was really good and I always wanted to know what happens next.

Did not expect this game to become so dark. Had two very emotional moment with the whole alternate reality scene and when they find Rachels corpse.
I'm a bit worried about the Jefferson reveal. Seems a bit clichee to turn the most positive glowing figure in the story into the bad guy as a shocking twist. But I have to wait til ep5 to give my judgement on that.

Is the whole hospital scene exclusive to the "Kate lives"-storyline or is there something else instead, if she is dies in Ep2?

Gbraga

Just got to the part
Where I am back at school looking for Nathan

The previous scene was
visiting Kate in the hospital where she tells me she can help my get Nate's room #.
Well what replaces this if
Kate is dead?

BTW the whole intro part was amazing though I think Max
could have found another solution to keep Will and Chloe healthy.

Nothing replaces it. I just got straight to the school with Chloe.

FluxWaveZ

Just finished episode 4. Definitely my favorite so far (and also easily the longest), and I'll probably enjoy this more than any of the Telltale games I've played, including TWD season 1.

I didn't really like how
it seems that the alternate timeline kind of got resolved so quickly and neatly. It serves to teach Max how important her original reality is to her instead of what could have been, but it kind of seems like a very isolated arc that doesn't amount to much else. I guess that's not really bad, though; the deliberate and uncomfortable interactions with Chloe's family in the alternate timeline was cool.

I like how
Rachel's just dead, buried in the ground. It seemed like the story was building something crazy for her—I personally thought she was at the center of the storm in some way—but how she ended up makes things so much more real and dire. All the theories, even from the characters in the game, and she's just dead.

I never liked
Jefferson. I can't say there were any clear indications before; I think I disliked him because of how Max talked about him. Didn't seem right. I also don't like the principal.

This shit got dark. I'm kind of worried about how they're going to tie it all together in the last episode. So many promising stories go bad when it comes down to wrapping it up. I hope it's satisfying because, if they pull it off, this will have been an amazing game from start to finish.

Karu

It was an okay episode, the weakest one, though. Especially if you're choosing to do every little bit of dialogue (as I did) some stuff seriously drags on. And Max isn't that much of an interesting character herself, tends to be quite boring in fact.

Looking forward to episode 5!

Wish they would have made a normal contemporary drama opposed to using a supernatural twist.

nOoblet16

Strange that it says ingame that episode 4 is available for download and even gives me the option to click download in front of episode 4, but when it takes me to the PS store page I can only see episode 1-3 and season pass there.

Strange that it says ingame that episode 4 is available for download and even gives me the option to click download in front of episode 4, but when it takes me to the PS store page I can only see episode 1-3 and season pass there.

Exactly the same at my end.

I'm actually in the EU, but my original LiS purchase was via the US store, so I can't download the episode in my own region (which has episode 4). Grrr.

I really liked the episode, but the pop culture references are getting a bit detrimental to the immersion.

I'm looking at you
,Dr, Jacoby!
(not plot relevant)

Wish they would have made a normal contemporary drama opposed to using a supernatural twist.

Sadly high-profile video games aren't there yet. But sooner or later the medium will be mature enough for that. For now, zombies, sci-fi or fantasy gotta be in there somewhere.

Sadly high-profile video games aren't there yet. But sooner or later the medium will be mature enough for that. For now, zombies, sci-fi or fantasy gotta be in there somewhere.

This game is clearly heavily inspired by their incredible love of Twin Peaks. Even if making a straight up drama was an option for DONTNOD (and it may have been), I get the impression that's not what they would have wanted to do.

Gbraga

Eh, I don't really think it's about maturity. It's the kind of fiction they chose. Was Twin Peaks limited because TV isn't mature enough to have stories with no supernatural stuff in it?

The supernatural stuff is just as interesting as the mundane stuff, perhaps even more, what I'm looking forward the most in Life is Strange is the resolution of Rachel Amber's case, which is most definitely supernatural.

Bittercup

Finished the episode. I totally didn't expect the ending and was shocked.
Easily the best episode so far for me and the last one was already very strong.

Does or can anyone get a screenshot of Max's text with
Nathan
? There's something I'm very, VERY curious about with Max in that sense, given what we end up knowing by the end of the episode

danm999

Jesus christ that Episode 4 ending. I realized some shit was probably going to go down at the end of the episode, and since it was the penultimate episode shit would go down a bit more perhaps, but JESUS CHRIST.

Also glad to see a few other people calling it; Max will totally use the photo she and Warren took before the party to fix things. Else why have that scene? Or do Dontnod know that I know that and are fucking with me? FUUUUCK.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Jesus christ that Episode 4 ending. I realized some shit was probably going to go down at the end of the episode, and since it was the penultimate episode shit would go down a bit more perhaps, but JESUS CHRIST.

Also glad to see a few other people calling it; Max will totally use the photo she and Warren took before the party to fix things. Else why have that scene? Or do Dontnod know that I know that and are fucking with me? FUUUUCK.

I'm kind of thinking the same as your spoiler, but that risks invalidating several aspect of the end of episode 4, though, unless the 'power' behind it changes somewhat.

Such as, primarily, the (ep. 4 choice spoilers)
Warn Victoria choice, as well as the minor decision to save Alyssa again

Thank you very much!

I had theorized that when I saw Max say dark room that she meant "Dark Room", but upon second inspection, seems like it's not the case-- probably. Kinda wish they did more with alternate Max, unless I missed some stuff based on my first choice. Alternate Max (or as I called her before episode 4, Maxine, based on Victoria's dialogue) was kind of an asshole and I honestly would have loved to see that explored more, the whole other reality, really.

Top Bottom