• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

aravuus

Finished ep 3 and.. Oh geez,
we're gonna do this whole Butterfly Effect thing now
? Surprised how not into that (obvious) twist I am since I loved the movie but whatever, at least it changes things up quite a lot.

Not really getting any feels yet or anything like that, but at least the plot's interesting again, so I'll continue onward to episode 4 right away.

e: not buying what feels like a total personality change for max (and victoria and nathan too) going by the texts

Pretty damn engrossing, minus some cringeworthy stuff. Really looking forward to EP 5.

Yeah lol, some of the dialogue is just.. Eh

Life is Strange is being dubbed and released in Japanese. This is the announcement trailer. It's weird, but hey, that means Square Enix thinks it's selling well to import it into their home country! Keep in mind localized games in Japan usually don't sell very well, but the sales are improving (possibly because the Japanese output is low lately).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBAVQmbNbBs

You know, I actually was wondering before this announcement how something like this might be received over there if SE decided to localize it. I think the kind of subculture the game is inspired by is going to be much more foreign to them, so I hope that SE can make an effective translation.

I'll probably watch some bad quality stream on niconico to see how people enjoy it. It's too bad I don't actually know any Japanese

It'll be interesting to see how this game will be recieved in Japan for sure. At least it has being inspired by Twin Peaks going for it, wasn't TP really popular there, with it even being an inspiration for Link's Awakening and some other Japanese games?

It'll be interesting to see how this game will be recieved in Japan for sure. At least it has being inspired by Twin Peaks going for it, wasn't TP really popular there, with it even being an inspiration for Link's Awakening and some other Japanese games?

The Twin Peaks movie they released that did poorly in the States was fairly successful in Japan IIRC. There's plenty of Japanese media that was influenced by it. I think this game will definitely find an audience in Japan.

FluxWaveZ

Kuvshinov is crazy good.
COoMNcWUYAAaiMu.jpg:orig

B-Dex

I just got the bundle. Really enjoying it so far. The little details everywhere really add to the atmosphere and immersion.

The graffiti about Kate always makes me laugh. I'm only on episode 2 though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You know, I actually was wondering before this announcement how something like this might be received over there if SE decided to localize it. I think the kind of subculture the game is inspired by is going to be much more foreign to them, so I hope that SE can make an effective translation.

I'll probably watch some bad quality stream on niconico to see how people enjoy it. It's too bad I don't actually know any Japanese
This might be to the Japanese like Persona is to most Americans.

.Anema

Came here to see the release date for the final chapter... Of course we don't have it...
...Again.
If Dontnod decides to make the season 2 I definitely will wait for all the chapters, fuck episodic games ¬¬'

Persona7

Banned
Came here to see the release date for the final chapter... Of course we don't have it...
...Again.
If Dontnod decides to make the season 2 I definitely will wait for all the chapters, fuck episodic games ¬¬'

I don't want to risk getting spoiled so I will always play each episode as they release.

...Again.

I don't see the problem. They are literally making each new part between episodes. They were recording dialogue a few weeks ago. It is not like they are holding the game ransom, they are trying to make the best ending they can. It is not even touching a full two months yet since Ep4 which is about the point most people get antsy for the next episode.

Also the date would never be announced on a weekend. It has regularly been announced on a Thursday, and then the episode was released the Monday/Tuesday after (depending on your region/console).

Ever since episode 4, I have been expecting an October release for this Episode - as the final episode feels like it will be the biggest one yet (so more work needed).

If we fall into October, then it might be clever to put a game about time travel out around a certain date...

97T2BINm.png

Fret

I don't see the problem. They are literally making each new part between episodes. They were recording dialogue a few weeks ago. It is not like they are holding the game ransom, they are trying to make the best ending they can. It is not even touching a full two months yet since Ep4 which is about the point most people get antsy for the next episode.

Also the date would never be announced on a weekend. It has regularly been announced on a Thursday, and then the episode was released the Monday/Tuesday after (depending on your region/console).

Ever since episode 4, I have been expecting an October release for this Episode - as the final episode feels like it will be the biggest one yet (so more work needed).

If we fall into October, then it might be clever to put a game about time travel out around a certain date...

97T2BINm.png

If it does come out in October then I bet it'll be released on the 11th

.Anema

I don't want to risk getting spoiled so I will always play each episode as they release.

Damn, you're right.
Whatever, if Dontnod decides to make the season 2 please don't be episodic. Or at least bring the episodes in a shorter time like RE Revelations 2 (1 episode every week).

Keyser Soze said:

2+ months of waiting for a new episode is a little too much. It breaks the tension and the mood of the story, at least for me.
I know they are probably making a big effort to bring an awesome final chapter and that's OK, I'm not complaining about the present. I'm just asking for the future, and if we are going to have a Season 2 I prefer to wait more time in order to get a full game, or at least a shorter waiting time (Like RE Revelations 2, one episode every week).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Playing LiS in a binge would be terrible. Building anticipation and having time between episodes makes it a far weightier affair. I will never wait for entire seasons.

Playing LiS in a binge would be terrible. Building anticipation and having time between episodes makes it a far weightier affair. I will never wait for entire seasons.

Exactly, I don't think that I would've enjoyed the ending of the last 3 episode as much if I could've played the next one right away.

Damn, you're right.
Whatever, if Dontnod decides to make the season 2 please don't be episodic. Or at least bring the episodes in a shorter time like RE Revelations 2 (1 episode every week).

That basically means delaying the whole game until they complete the whole game. If they did that for Season 1, no one would have played any LIS yet. That would also mean releasing LIS in a Fall jampacked with other games - which would mean few would pay attention, and the game would arguably be less successful.

I don't mind the wait, once they are not artificially holding the game back. Dontnod seemed to be working on Ep4 right up to the day before it came out. I say this, as reviewers/streamers never got code until 8 hours before official release. The studio seemed to really crunch to get Ep4 out, and I feel the same is happening this time.

Also, on a separate note, it must be scary for them right now, as if Ep5 does not nail the landing after 4 episodes of excellent buildup people will be very mad. I am guessing they don't want to make the excellent community they cultivated mad.

KingBroly

Banned
That basically means delaying the whole game until they complete the whole game. If they did that for Season 1, no one would have played any LIS yet. That would also mean releasing LIS in a Fall jampacked with other games - which would mean few would pay attention, and the game would arguably be less successful.

I don't mind the wait, once they are not artificially holding the game back. Dontnod seemed to be working on Ep4 right up to the day before it came out. I say this, as reviewers/streamers never got code until 8 hours before official release. The studio seemed to really crunch to get Ep4 out, and I feel the same is happening this time.

Also, on a separate note, it must be scary for them right now, as if Ep5 does not nail the landing after 4 episodes of excellent buildup people will be very mad. I am guessing they don't want to make the excellent community they cultivated mad.

8-10 weeks is still a bit much. I wish they had the first 2 episodes done before releasing them like 6 weeks apart and then go from there.

u_neek

I finally started playing yesterday after having bought the entire season a couple of months ago. I figured that the conclusion can't be far off so now is a good time start. I'm going to take my time with this one and won't play more than one ep a day on weekends when I've got time to fully immerse myself.

I knew from the initial announcement that I would like this game. The bad lip syncing, or lack thereof, doesn't really bother me and I think the acting is fine. Definitely off to a promising start!

On to ep 2 now!

How long we been waiting now? 7 weeks? I want it now.

edit - I replaced my PS4, so I've replayed the entire series so far, and its surprising how much is hinted at it and stuff. Or maybe thats cos I already know whats gonna happen.

JonnyKong

I'm going on holiday on the 26th Sept and as I know life can be a bitch, the last episode will probably come out then when I can't play it, so you should all look forward to that date :)

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing this over the past couple of weeks and finished up episode 4 last night.

I did not see Chole getting shot. I figured that Mr. Jefferson was shady, because there was no way that Nathan was doing all that stuff.

Now to wait for episode 5

big ander

I played them all thru after episode 4 had come out and still enjoyed the cliffhangers plenty. It's the same as bingewatching a season of tv. as long as you pace it out a bit and don't shotgun the entire thing in one go, everything won't blur together and it'll be just as potent

edit:
Hannah Telle: Involvement in Life Is Strange is the ‘Greatest Honor’

Interview with Hannah Telle, voice actress of Max. Contains spoilers for the first four episodes and a little teaser for episode 5:
"Transformation. This is the episode where Max truly come into her own. She’s operating from a place of strength, power and self-trust."
fantastic interview, astute on the reasons this game is so good and really honestly passionate.

I am at the start of Ep 4 and am
frozen with indecision. Help Alt-Chloe die?! I see the reason, the objective, her wish to do it on her own terms, but.... FUUUUUUCK

THE CHOICES :(((

That was an interesting read and she really does a fantastic job as Max. I'm not in a too much of a hurry to play the last episode, after that it'll be all over and at least now there's something to look forward to. Rather give them enough time to do it properly. Also I'm currently replaying the game from the start for the third time so it's good I've time to finish before the the last episode.

whyman

Yea when I saw this on steam I was thinking this must be it but no release date :( Well great for anyone who has been holding out on getting the game. Now is a good time.

JJP12

Thread bump got me good. I can't stand the wait for ep 5. I don't want this game to end but I need to know what happens lol

carlsojo

I guess it's that time of month when every time the thread is bumped I get disappointed it isn't about Episode 5's release date.

Top Bottom