• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Just finished ep 4.
BOOM, didn't see that coming. Some real feels in that episode, poor Chloe. Plus the conversation with Frank was intenssseeeee, I had to think really hard about what to say. I figure the alternatives might have been dangerous... tempted to go back and see what happens.

Ep 5 now plz, I adore this game, even as Max's-breathy-earnest-honesty is sometimes in danger of approaching critical mass.

Oh man, is it time to start the excruciating wait for the release (date) again?
Hannah Telle: Involvement in Life Is Strange is the ‘Greatest Honor’

Interview with Hannah Telle, voice actress of Max. Contains spoilers for the first four episodes and a little teaser for episode 5:
"Transformation. This is the episode where Max truly come into her own. She’s operating from a place of strength, power and self-trust."

Great interview. That drug story was rough, I can't imagine what it must've been like to record some of the scenes.

Fractal

Banned
Why are people talking about October?
Going by the logic of release dates in the OP, the last episode should release on the 22nd, which is next week.

Going by the logic of release dates in the OP, the last episode should release on the 22nd, which is next week.
That's out of date. After they said that, they changed it to trying to get an episode out roughly every two months.

To me, October just feels like when it is going to come out. There is no solid info (other than they are still recording VO... which means work is still very much ongoing), but the release does not feel imminent. There is zero teasing from any of the staff of Twitter (which happened when everyone was waiting/panicking for Ep4), so there was always a feeling that could/should be announced at any point back in July. I don't get that feeling about Ep5, it feels a bit away.

SomTervo

IIRC the October 15th is when the 'End of the World' party will happen in Life is Strange's narrative. Ie it's the same date as when Episode 5 will take place.

So people are thinking the game will release on the same day as the game's climax.

Which is A) cool and B) a realistic presumption and C) would give them a decent amount more time to work on what might be the most ambitious episode.

GavinUK86

God damn the thread bump lol.

Hannah Telle: Involvement in Life Is Strange is the ‘Greatest Honor’

Interview with Hannah Telle, voice actress of Max. Contains spoilers for the first four episodes and a little teaser for episode 5:
"Transformation. This is the episode where Max truly come into her own. She’s operating from a place of strength, power and self-trust."

Here's another interview with Hannah Telle over at Gamezone from a couple days ago that I didn't see posted here. Some overlapping info with her interview with Hardcoregamer, but still an enjoyable read.

edit: Oh, nice interviews though! Thanks!

FrsDvl

No, its releasing on the 29th with an announcement next week. How do I know that? I don't. But I want it to be real. I need it to be real.

Fractal

Banned
IIRC the October 15th is when the 'End of the World' party will happen in Life is Strange's narrative. Ie it's the same date as when Episode 5 will take place.

So people are thinking the game will release on the same day as the game's climax.

Which is A) cool and B) a realistic presumption and C) would give them a decent amount more time to work on what might be the most ambitious episode.
I see...sounds plausible on all points. Didn't know about that... haven't played the game yet, I wait for all the content to be available when dealing with these episodic releases.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Man, I voted for LiS way more than I would have guessed. Once I really started thinking about it, the game really delivers on so many fronts.

Chariot

Current state of thirst:
J7HZCdo.jpg

ash_ag

Man, I voted for LiS way more than I would have guessed. Once I really started thinking about it, the game really delivers on so many fronts.

I was thinking the same thing. Graphical adventure games tend to be nice, but rarely do you see a game of the genre deliver both excellent writing and a pretty innovative kind of gameplay. With Life is Strange, I felt that my interactions actually mattered.
And even the walking sections weren't a drag. :p

The game deserves all the awards it is bound to receive.

Persona7

Banned

The time between episode 3 and 4 was 70 days. As of today it has only been 53 days since the release of episode 4. For all we know this episode could take a bit longer too.

Any news on a retail release after Part 5 comes out or should I just bite as soon as 5 comes out?

Announcing retail is on the way now might, in some way, cannibalize some sales of Episode 5, so SquareEnix probably will not mention it (if it exists) until a bit after the dust settles on the full series. It seems highly likely it would come though, and to get it out before Christmas would be ideal saleswise.

neshcom

Banned
Announcing retail is on the way now might, in some way, cannibalize some sales of Episode 5, so SquareEnix probably will not mention it (if it exists) until a bit after the dust settles on the full series. It seems highly likely it would come though, and to get it out before Christmas would be ideal saleswise.

But you can't buy episodes individually, right (save episode one)? A digital sale deferred for retail probably wouldn't be too bad a loss unless it has significantly worse margins for SE.

Staf

Ugh, is there really no date set for E5? Feels like an eternity since i last played E4. This is my first experience with episodic games and i really don't care for it. Love the game so damn much.

Persona7

Banned
Ugh, is there really no date set for E5? Feels like an eternity since i last played E4. This is my first experience with episodic games and i really don't care for it. Love the game so damn much.

The set date is when it's done like the rest of the episodes. So far the longest wait was 70 days between episode three and four. I think they will have some type of marketing build up before the date is announced so if the social media accounts start becoming really active then that could be a sign.

sappyday

Episode 5 will decide whether or not it'll beat MGSV in my GOTY list.

Currently it's:
1. The Witcher 3
2. Bloodborne
3. MGSV/Life is Strange
4. Until Dawn

Staf

Right now my GOTY is between this, Witcher 3 and rocket league. MGSV would have been in contention as well if the story was as good as the gameplay.

Top Bottom