• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

chadskin

People have found references to three more episodes inside the LiS game files:

fV7AbsAWRII.jpg

wiYGthuNEWw.jpg
via https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/comment/2207983/#Comment_2207983

tok9

I'm going travelling and only have my ps4 for another week (29th). If they announce the release for LIS Episode 5 is the 29th I'm just gonna stay up all night and finish it off. I'd be delighted if it is.

Well that's that. Hopefully they release a vita version. I'd rebuy it just to finish the story assuming it's technically good.

Moofers

I posted this already in the Ep 5 release date thread, but I realized it probably belongs in here, so I'm posting again:

So ready. I actually just finished Episode 4 over the weekend. What a powerful experience this game has been! Best of all, none of it ever feels cheap or like its going for the low-hanging fruit. Every emotion this game has evoked out of me has been earned. It also really starts off in such a way as to leave me completely surprised at how dark the tone becomes.

Episode 4 in particular was heartbreaking for me in very personal ways.
Seeing Chloe ask to be overdosed on morphine really socked me in the gut. I had a relative with cancer several years ago and she went out just like that. Seeing Chloe ask that of Max took me right back to that point in my life. I thought about my dad and how he was the one who was asked to do it, and my heart broke for him all over again. The tears just started pouring out. The way the game handled it was superb. No embarrassing play at your emotions, just a raw, quiet, and very convincing scene.

I also like how the game gave me so much to think about with the decision making and alternate possibilities. For once, its a game where the choices actually have consequences and its not all just the illusion of choice. People get hurt, shape different opinions of you, or even die and it all serves to shape the game in different ways. Its pretty awesome.

I can't wait for Episode 5. I will definitely be there on day one, ready to play it up and tweet, post, and podcast all about it. This game really deserves to be lifted up and recognized!

Chariot

I don't mind. At least we have a fixed date and the game is going to be finished and awesome. I really don't cry for a few weeks for an amazing product.

Zareka

I have to notice their wording of "aiming" to release, too. It sounds a bit...tepid? I hope if they need any extra time that they do delay it. I'll wait as long as I have to if it means they can fine tune this last episode to perfection.

Edit: Oh, wait, blog post in one of the responses to the tweet. Looks like it is insurance in case of a delay.

Humdinger

Glad we have a date. I'm sure they want to take a little extra time on the last episode. Makes sense. Don't want to rush it.

Great that we have a date, but it's actually a bit later than expected. Not that I'm complaining since it gives me a proper time to finish the game from start one more time before the last episode.

Episodic gaming is great but release schedules need to be set in stone. This constant waiting and mystery is bullshit. Same is true for Telltale games etc.

And yes I understand making games is hard but that shouldn't matter to a consumer. So is making a weekly tv show but they don't keep people guessing when the next episode will be.

Yay for episodic gaming. Boo to bullshit release schedules.

Don't release episode 1 until you can set the rest of the release dates in stone.

Persona7

Banned
I hope it hits that date!

Wait a minute it says that they are only aiming for an October 20 release date not that that will be the release date...
Things can pop up like certification rejection where they would have to go back and fix issues and then re-submit so I am guessing they are just keeping the option open in case something does happen.

Episodic gaming is great but release schedules need to be set in stone. This constant waiting and mystery is bullshit. Same is true for Telltale games etc.

And yes I understand making games is hard but that shouldn't matter to a consumer. So is making a weekly tv show but they don't keep people guessing when the next episode will be.

Yay for episodic gaming. Boo to bullshit release schedules.

Don't release episode 1 until you can set the rest of the release dates in stone.

So you'd rather have a crappy game than a game that ships a couple weeks late? Strange... I always thought it was publishers that wanted games rushed to meet arbitrary release dates, not end users.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
So you'd rather have a crappy game than a game that ships a couple weeks late? Strange... I always thought it was publishers that wanted games rushed to meet arbitrary release dates, not end users.
People are weird. If X game is delayed, many will say that they will have lost interest. People seem to prefer to have a game rushed full of bugs rather than a good game.

Very strange, will never understand that mindset.

People also don't seem to understand how game development works either. Things are not as easy as they seem.

Did you even read what I said? I don't want rushed games, I want them to start releasing them later when they can commit to a solid release schedule.

When episode 1 of Game of Thrones airs they're not rushing to get the last few eps filmed.

People are weird. If X game is delayed, many will say that they will have lost interest. People seem to prefer to have a game rushed full of bugs rather than a good game.

Very strange, will never understand that mindset.

People also don't seem to understand how game development works either. Things are not as easy as they seem.
I also said in that very post that game development is hard. But I'm paying for a product and it's unprofessional to not have a solid release schedule. TV shows would never get away with it so games shouldn't either.

Again I don't want it rushed. Read what I'm saying.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Did you even read what I said? I don't want rushed games, I want them to start releasing them later when they can commit to a solid release schedule.

When episode 1 of Game of Thrones airs they're not rushing to get the last few eps filmed.

Because TV production is very, very different from videogames production.

You simply don't know what can happen in videogame production to the huge amount of factors in it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I understand that, but if you want to do an episodic game like a TV show there are expectations you need to meet.

Can't commit to a schedule? Make a traditional game with 5 chapters and release it at once.

Then you are not taking in account all factors of development. Who says any publisher would have received this game with the model you're suggesting?

Top Bottom