• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIFE: official trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddhu33

Also saw the movie

Should have called this piece of shit "Idiots in Space". I get that it's a "thriller" but if you have to have what is possibly the dumbest gang of people operating a space station for this to be a thing then fuuuuuuck...

From the biologist guy who does a Prometheus and wants to make the alien specimen his baby or something, as well as not alerting the others that his trousers have a surprise inside, not to mention the fact that he didn't freeze the box and vacuum it in order to put the thing back in hibernation, and then Ryan Reynolds thinking that he was deadpool or something and casually sauntering into a quarantine zone.

Then for all the other characters, they had two choices:

1. Do stupid shit.
2. Not do stupid shit.

And option 1 is selected every single time without fail. Except for maybe the captain, she seemed on it, until the rest of the team decided to play the flute with the thruster controls and burn all their fuel.

Oh, and if you're putting dramatic music near the end of the movie and making a scene 3 times as long as it has to be then it's pretty clear that you're going to do a twist!

This film, from the text all spread out in the title to the scene where tentacles attacks head on, basically felt like a shitty version of Alien. I know it's not, but the homages unfortunately just made me want to see that.

The special effects were nice though, looked lovely at least, so kudos to whoever did that.

Also saw the movie

Should have called this piece of shit "Idiots in Space". I get that it's a "thriller" but if you have to have what is possibly the dumbest gang of people operating a space station for this to be a thing then fuuuuuuck...

From the biologist guy who does a Prometheus and wants to make the alien specimen his baby or something, as well as not alerting the others that his trousers have a surprise inside
1)
They were studying the thing for a month, and they were using a protective case designed to study stuff with gloves. Not really comparable to Prometheus
2)
Did you not catch that the guy was a paraplegic, and thus had no feeling in his legs. That's why the thing was able to latch on and hide as his leg without him feeling it
3)
Casually saunters? Did we watch the same movie? He rushed inside to get the guy out, and then they locked him inside.

siddhu33

1)
They were studying the thing for a month, and they were using a protective case designed to study stuff with gloves. Not really comparable to Prometheus
2)
Did you not catch that the guy was a paraplegic, and thus had no feeling in his legs. That's why the thing was able to latch on and hide as his leg without him feeling it
3)
Casually saunters? Did we watch the same movie? He rushed inside to get the guy out, and then they locked him inside.

The minute his arm was twisting the atmosphere should have dropped and the temperature frozen back to the original. Would have frozen the alien enough for everyone to escape/regroup/whatever.

Although knowing this movie the pipe containing the liquid nitrogen would have suddenly burst, spilling stuff everywhere

Ah yes, he is a paraplegic, that does make more sense now.

Odoul

I think I loved this movie.

This thing was a big budget theatrical episode of the 90's version of
The Outer Limits

That ending.

barack-obama-wipes-perspiration-from-his-face-as-he-speaks-in-a-sweltering-gym-during-a-campaign-stop-at-windham-high-school-in-windham-new-hampshire-on-august-18-2012.-reuterskevin-lamarque-960x604.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom