• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Like a one man human centipede"

Japan: "Thanks for beta-testing, western nations."

Well, this happens pretty much every launch since the Dreamcast (that I personally remember). I don't recall it happening when the PS1 hit, and certainly not during the launches of the 16-bit machines (for obvious reasons). These new consoles with their all-in-one solutions and integrations... just means there's more that can potentially go wrong.

I won't be getting a PS4 until that sweet InFamous bundle hits. Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out by then.
The Internet was nothing like it is now in those eras. Every hardware release has an expected failure rate, and it should be low. This is all anecdotal right now and nothing can be extrapolated from it.

kurbaan

Banned
OMG no please lock this thread, he's back at it again. I cant take another day of this. Already spent over 6 hours yesterday watching this torture. PLEASE dont let me suffer again.

BadAss2961

Said it since last night, but he's obviously doing it for the views now. The dramatic shot of the exposed PS4 and a TV without a signal along with a view of the chat just gives it away.

Evil Beaver

IT'S ALL HAPPENING AGAIN!

zT47LI9.png

Andrew.

Banned
How the hell is this thread still going? I saw everything last night. What's the update? Did he eventually stick his dick in the machine?

Last I saw it was working. Or is there a new victim of circumstance?

Grinchy

Banned
At this point, even if he could get it working again, it would just be stupid not to send it to Sony for a new one anyway. He must have done some terrible damage to it already, why risk having a system with a shortened lifespan if a brand new one is a free option?

Steel

Banned
I don't get it

why would something like that be frowned upon?

But 100ppp is so complicated. That's why it will never be taken seriously.
I'm doing it wrong aren't I?

Edit:

Da fuq? He's streaming again?

... Fine I'll take a link...

Thank you.

I was going to reroute the shipment to a UPS store and grab it in the morning on the 15th, but if the status doesn't change and it doesn't get in their system, I guess I'll just be sitting by the door like a dog waiting for its master to come home.

If you reroute it DON'T reroute to UPS store, make sure you're sending it to the CUSTOMER CENTER because the UPS store will tack on another buisness day (making your delivery Monday)

Twio

Said it since last night, but he's obviously doing it for the views now. The dramatic shot of the exposed PS4 and a TV without a signal along with a view of the chat just gives it away.

Yeah I'm not watching his stream again. It was funny the first time but now he's just being an idiot for the views.

Unplugging is same as long holding power (both cut off power), your argument has no basis.

If it's like ps3, no it doesnt.

When there's a softlock you keep it pressed and then it beeps, blinks a few times and then it goes beepbeepbeep before turning off where you gradually hear the fans spin off.

not the same as POWER CUT FUCK YEAH!

it's just not the same.

For example, a pc that has a psu overcharge may not turn on unless you let the capacitor liberate all the energy by turning the system off with the back switch when you're done.

If it helps, I have a EU launch day PS3 working unit, maybe I'm doing something right.

Also, there's the random race occurrence chance that a small bolt is generated and connects two of the 3 pins killing the machine components. it happened to me once with a psu... i'll never try to power through an AC cable unless it's properly plugged.

Mondy

Banned
I'm no expert on how this has gone so far, but I think the first time he got it working was after he had no HDD in. So he has spent hours and hours trying it without a HDD.

Dude, has this guy not woken up to the fact his problem is most likely the HDMI port.

Top Bottom