• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I received an Amazon package yesterday, 1 UHD Blu-ray box set, 2 Blu-ray box sets, 1 PS4 game, and 1 standard sized UHD Blu-ray... all dumped into a huge envelope and shipped USPS.

It did not end well.

There's a number of things I won't get on Amazon. They are programmed to package fast, not properly.

I've had boxes from UPS and Fedex that look like they've been kicked around. UPS even dropped off stuff from a local warehouse... contents both broken inside, and not something easy to break...
Exact opposite for me. I'm glad you had a better experience though.
I received an Amazon package yesterday, 1 UHD Blu-ray box set, 2 Blu-ray box sets, 1 PS4 game, and 1 standard sized UHD Blu-ray... all dumped into a huge envelope and shipped USPS.

It did not end well.
Yeah I've gotten weary of USPS now.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
...but if you want to be a good business you have to do both.

I wish they knew that :/ They too big of a giant to make a change. I even emailed the CEO address with a less than favorable response. Compensation would've been nice like "hey it's on the house" after showing photos, but no. I did it in hopes that some kind of company standard would change but no. The pr guy was just apologizing.

I got based ups. Don't recall them ever failing me.
Same here. I even go to the office and pick up my packages there since it's a few minutes away.

I actually really wish I could do that with USPS but it either costs money or it just isn't possible cause of reasons.
I wish they knew that :/ They too big of a giant to make a change. I even emailed the CEO address with a less than favorable response. Compensation would've been nice like "hey it's on the house" after showing photos, but no. I did it in hopes that some kind of company standard would change but no. The pr guy was just apologizing.
Yeah :(

But hey at least we're getting our stuff right? Let's just hope that they come in great condition!

One of my preorders of the EU Special Edition shipped - wohoooo. Seems like my Amazon preorder will also ship. Will scalp the shit out of my second copy !!!!11111

just kidding. Will give my second copy to a friend in need.

RootCause

Same here. I even go to the office and pick up my packages there since it's a few minutes away.

I actually really wish I could do that with USPS but it either costs money or it just isn't possible cause of reasons.

Yeah :(

But hey at least we're getting our stuff right? Let's just hope that they come in great condition!
The delivery guy always calls me when he's heading my way. So I never miss my delivery , worst case, we arrange a meeting place to get my stuff.

They also treat my packages better than usps. Which managed to squish my Puyo Puyo box. :p

Edit my order is shipping. :)

They also treat my packages better than usps. Which managed to squish my Puyo Puyo box. :p
DUDE THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!!

Sorry. Just got excited haha. But no when I opened it the box was crushed so much the only reason it was any more flat was because of the Switch game case inside. I was flipping mad.

But then I got a fix. Now I have a nice box with only a faint crease on the side.

You guys can probably tell I have a problem with things looking perfect. I really should talk to someone about this.

USPS supposedly dropped mine off from Amazon today. Came packed with something else I ordered yesterday. I'll have a look and report back when I get home.

nubbe

Why no OT yet?
Already got mine :p

zFTMOtFl.jpg

stalker

I just got the EU limited edition from FNAC. The box is huge.
I am very surprised to see that the game box itself does not have the giant USK logo (as all EU limited editions usually have), nor the PEGI logo. Strange but nice, it looks clean and great.

RootCause

DUDE THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!!

Sorry. Just got excited haha. But no when I opened it the box was crushed so much the only reason it was any more flat was because of the Switch game case inside. I was flipping mad.

But then I got a fix. Now I have a nice box with only a faint crease on the side.

You guys can probably tell I have a problem with things looking perfect. I really should talk to someone about this.
Lol
My usps messed up by trying to shove as many things as possible in my locker. I put some of the blame on Amazon for using a bubble mailer. But Amazon always steps ups to fix any problems so I'm good.

Well you're buying it, I think it's only fair it arrives in the proper condition. :p

Why no OT yet?
Already got mine :p

zFTMOtFl.jpg
Amiibo included too in the EU version. Why NOA? ;_;

Shiggy

I just got the EU limited edition from FNAC. The box is huge.
I am very surprised to see that the game box itself does not have the giant USK logo (as all EU limited editions usually have), nor the PEGI logo. Strange but nice, it looks clean and great.

They've done the same with the Zelda BotW LE. I think they'll continue with that.

Amiibo included too in the EU version. Why NOA? ;_;

Ours thus is 80 Euros, and thus quite a bit more expensive.

Got my EU LE today. I'm pretty happy with it. Thank god NoE is using some proper and stable boxes, not that flumsy stuff for the US. They did not always look that good, though. No USK or PEGI logo on the game case is nice and seems to be the new standard after the Breath of the Wild EU LE. Good!

Does the New3DS have any improvements over the old one for this game?

i-Jest

Wow, 30 tracks for the soundtrack. I was expecting some sample soundtrack with around 10 tracks. Was kinda on the edge on whether to keep my preorder, but I that pushes me to keep mine.

I was surprised at that bit of news as well. It's not very often LE and SE offerings contain full tracks. For the money paid, sample CD'S seem like a cheap cop out.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
C'moooon Amazoooon.
I booked the day off to play this tomorrow, would have been nice if it arrived today so I could start it first thing.

Amazon ships my order: arriving tomorrow using USPS.

GameStop ships the order that I forgot about: arriving tomorrow(?) using UPS.

Come on Amazon...y u no use UPS???

LQX

My order just shipped via USPS so I know this thing will most likley be shipped in a padded envelope and will get fucked in so many positions before it arrives to me. I have the worst luck with the USPS and I hate getting packages from them but I cant blame them anymore. It is Amazon, their packaging is so bad these days for obviously collectors items which most want and expect to be in excellent condition. And no matter how much complaints they get nothing changes.

Mine shipped at the bottom of a box under a jug of laundry detergent. So, needless to say, it's crushed. Amazon has no replacements, of course. They're offering me a 30% refund. I don't know what other options I have.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Mine shipped at the bottom of a box under a jug of laundry detergent. So, needless to say, it's crushed. Amazon has no replacements, of course. They're offering me a 30% refund. I don't know what other options I have.

Should've waited on the detergent! But seriously, I never recommend going through Amazon for LEs...

Sorry to hear that man. Amazon has been seriously dropping the ball lately, my P5 limited edition was crushed as well. Hope my copy of FE doesn't end up all fucked up. Just to be safe, I also ordered a second copy from GameStop in case they do screw up.

Ridley327

Boy, this is why I'm glad I have a backup just in case Amazon graces me with such a condition.

Credo

Never use Amazon for limited/special editions if you can find *anyone* else. They've sent me more crushed copies than I can count in the last year, half of them in padded envelopes instead of boxes. It's ultimately what made me join Best Buy's Gamers Club.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Never use Amazon for limited/special editions if you can find *anyone* else. They've sent me more crushed copies than I can count in the last year, half of them in padded envelopes instead of boxes. It's ultimately what made me join Best Buy's Gamers Club.

Except for a couple things, I've nope'd out from getting from them. I try warning people in most LE topics, but some are so adamant on gettimg it from Amazon.

Except for a couple things, I've nope'd out from getting from them. I try warning people in most LE topics, but some are so adamant on gettimg it from Amazon.
Amazon is just much more conviant for me. Prime discount, and only once did they fail me on day 1 delivery

Had a couple bad experiences with Best Buy and don't like GameStop.

Top Bottom