• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

oldmario

lol $22 for guac and there's a chance you could get fucked with customs too? i'm not paying nearly 1:1 on shipping

I got so excited thinking this was LRG.

But its not, and its $36.
And shipping is $22.
lol

I'm never gonna get a good indie game on disc am I?

did you miss out on oddworld at the start of LRG?

Shizuka

Fangamer has the most expensive international shipping I've seen for a single game. I'm lucky VGP sold RCR DX Vita back then and had help from a friend with Shovel Knight Vita.

* For Brazil.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The shipping for Guacamelee is actually cheaper ($11) than what LRG charges ($15) to Canada for a single game.

takoyaki

Fangamer has the most expensive international shipping I've seen for a single game. I'm lucky VGP sold RCR DX Vita back then and had help from a friend with Shovel Knight Vita.

* For Brazil.

VGP is selling Guacamelee as well, hope shipping is cheaper from them.

edit: beaten

Our goals are,

To preserve games

To make developers money

To own these games on our shelves

We are both fans of collector's editions so this just seemed like the next logical step forward.

As far as the poll, it was just to gauge interest, probably going to stick to the split stock of half CE, half normal.

Can you preserve hellblade please 👀

Wonder Boy came in today! I never picked up the digital version so this will be my first go. Included was a trading card. Are these random? I don't think I received any with previous LRG releases.

Not LRG, but V-blank is selling a limited physical print of Guacamelee (PS4). Limited to 3,800 copies and includes a Steam code. https://vblank-entertainment.myshopify.com/

There's no longer any mention of a Steam code on the page. It was definitely there before. (Unless I'm missing it somewhere?) Hope this isn't some kind of bait-and-switch, as that would be kinda scuzzy. :\ I don't care THAT much about the codes (already have them on Steam), but still.

Tapejara

There's no longer any mention of a Steam code on the page. It was definitely there before. (Unless I'm missing it somewhere?) Hope this isn't some kind of bait-and-switch, as that would be kinda scuzzy. :\ I don't care THAT much about the codes (already have them on Steam), but still.

Good catch. I don't see mention of a Steam code anymore either, but it was definitely there before.

Edit: also they mention the Steam code being included in this tweet: https://twitter.com/RetroCR/status/898233866384703490

Our goals are,

To preserve games

To make developers money

To own these games on our shelves

We are both fans of collector's editions so this just seemed like the next logical step forward.

As far as the poll, it was just to gauge interest, probably going to stick to the split stock of half CE, half normal.
My goals are,

To protect the world from devastation

To unite all peoples within our nation

To denounce the evils of truth and love

To extend our reach to the stars above

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
my wb arrived

iNA6P1B.jpg

Man, the back and forth in thread gives me a headache. I long for simpler days of 2016 when the only game people were upset about missing was Söldner X2. Then releases went right back to the usual ebb & flow and games had plenty of availability. But, no, LRG is too popular now and people circle like sharks when blood is in the water on Fridays.

A victim of their own success indeed.

My WB CE is on track to be delivered Saturday. Can't wait! WB and Ys are probably my two most hyped LRG releases of the year (along with Cosmic Star Heroine, assuming it comes out this year).

mabec

Why do LRG first make a limited batch and then on top of that they make another Super Limited Run, on sale on the same day. With a different cover. o_o

I don't want to make a new thread so I thought this might be the best place to ask.

I don't know if I'm completely making this up, but does Microsft require publishers to print a set amount of physical copies or else it has to be digital only?

To make this on topic, why doesn't LRG sell Xbox One games? Are their typical quantities too low to sell them? Or are there different factors like audience, install base, costs?

Wait, people are already receiving their copies of WB? Mine still says Unfulfilled. Maybe they're waiting for Lawbreakers to get printed for a single shipment since I ordered both?

Megauap

I have an extra copy of Wonder Boy for PS4 and I would like to exchange it for a copy of today's N++ release for PS4. Anyone interested?
I'm in Spain so it would be better if it's someone from Europe for shipment and everything.

BHK3

Banned
You think there are no good indie games on disc before this?
In LRG? Oddworld, Soldner, Rainbow Moon. I'd get strangers wrath too but they dont want to make a ps3 version because too much effort. I also see N++ out of nowhere, didn't hear about that. I've barely played any indies this generation actually now that I look at my list. Give me Transistor or something at least. I'm sure wonderboy is good but the gameplay looks way too barebones to me, the art is godlike though.
did you miss out on oddworld at the start of LRG?

Keyword: START. Other than Soldner-x I only ever check this thread waiting for a good game to get announced. I missed N++ but other than that it's still a monthly checkup.

I don't know if I'm completely making this up, but does Microsft require publishers to print a set amount of physical copies or else it has to be digital only?

To make this on topic, why doesn't LRG sell Xbox One games? Are their typical quantities too low to sell them? Or are there different factors like audience, install base, costs?
Something about policy and whatnot, Nintendo had too high of minimum orders but they said their gonna get a switch title this year so they worked it out.

1070335dcc.png

neonglow

Any one interested in trading their copy of Wonderboy for a sealed copy of Firewatch? I missed out when I took too long at checkout.

Semoreh

Why do LRG first make a limited batch and then on top of that they make another Super Limited Run, on sale on the same day. With a different cover. o_o

nx06zqH.png

Yes, the "Limited" Limited version have more stuff in it. But the original "limited" version is actually not that limited. I look forward to the Limited Limited Limited edition from LRG

You're talking nonsense.
They release at the same time a standard and a collector edition like they've already done multiple times. Both are limited but of course the CE will be less common and contains some bonuses. Nothing shady here.

Top Bottom