• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

mollipen

-- Since there were a few comments about Ghost Blade HD being a possible run for next month, it might be worth repeating that LRG's version will launch exclusively as a collector's edition with a smaller quantity than Play-Asia's release and possibly "a poster, trading cards, [or even a hard-copy] Dreamcast version" as extras. These details were tucked away on their forum back in June and they hadn't been locked at the time of posting, but it might provide a heads-up with what to expect from the North American version.

DON'T TEASE ME WITH DREAMCAST RELEASES LRG!!

Well i received my copy of Night Trap today and its smashed up pretty badly, worse than any other game I've purchased before. I've submitted a ticket with their support to see what they can do for me. This was my first time ordering from Limited Run. Anyone have any experience getting damaged goods from them before? Really all I need is a new insert, pretty sure I have spare PS4 cases somewhere and if not I can easily get another for cheap.
I've spoken with customer support over damaged items on several occasions. Most of my requests were primarily for cover artwork replacement although some of them could've been seen as trivial on LRG's end. With your situation, the product has clearly been crushed and it shouldn't be too much a problem getting it fixed. From my past experiences, you'll have to open a support ticket accompanied with the order number, a description of the situation and photographic proof in order for them to deliberate on whether they should help. Once you receive confirmation on assistance, they'll usually request that you send back the entire faulty item at your expense before a renewal lands into your possession. Be forewarned that any new replacement product won't ship back immediately. It usually gets held until the next run takes off which probably wouldn't seem too noticeably right now with the company still trying to cover ground with recent batches. I had great communication with LRG when it was still Douglas and Josh handling these issues; however, it hasn't been too smooth now that it has been shifted over to newer folk. Like I said, your order should be a breeze getting addressed. I received a little passive-aggressive response once when I asked for a replacement with an item that had a faintly wrinkled cover. In this situation, I probably was being a bit petty over the paper but, as a paying customer, I decided to ask for an exchange since it arrived that way even after being sent in a box. Basically, I was informed that they normally wouldn't do anything over the issue and I was simply getting a new copy on a technicality at the time. In another scenario, I asked for a replacement insert that had a very small hole and wrinkles from the printing process. I was informed they had nothing to spare though I was encouraged to inquire several months later down the line on the chance some get reprinted. Didn't sound too optimistic so I bought another copy of the game from a scalper to address the problem. Bittersweet because the second purchase also had a little damage, but it was slightly in better condition and I got a few extras out of the grab.

Apologies for the rant! Hopefully my past contact will provide some context in regard to how the support ticket might turn out for replacements and/or exchanges.

Hum. Maybe should have bought the Play-Asia version when it was live, just in case :|
That's why I decided to jump on the P-A run when it was still uncertain whether LRG would continue with their contract for the release. Bundling a Dreamcast copy does sound like a nice little novelty that could offer a nice point of comparison between the two versions of the game, but it could easily inflate the price point and hard copies for DC having been floating around for several years now. In fact, Play-Asia still has the limited edition still in stock when I last checked their inventory.

Weevilone

I had great communication with LRG when it was still Douglas and Josh handling these issues; however, it hasn't been too smooth now that it has been shifted over to newer folk.

I had 1 damaged order and I've purchased all their stuff. When they asked for proof I was slightly put off. I mean obviously someone that's purchased thousands of dollars of stuff (guessing?) with 1 issue isn't trying to scam, and they're going to see it before they replace it anyways. But whatever, not a big thing.

Regardless, I had a second issue almost immediately so no pics had been taken yet. I mentioned it to person #2 and they said they didn't know why anyone asked for pics because they didn't have any of that product available so there was no possibility of a replacement anyways. Problem #2 persists weeks later though. The support situation isn't very good from what I can see.

The OP had a pretty jacked up copy, so yeah it should be easy. It'll get taken care of as long as they have stock available, I'd guess. I'm sure it's a bad enough look that Doug or Josh will make sure it gets done.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The pic LRG tweeted today with the case full of games they're giving away at PAX West is beautiful.

DH8LoFtUwAEdgzo.jpg

LRG Support replied to my ticket and added Volume to my hold shipping order. Now I just need to get Asdivine Hearts and Ys tomorrow and I'm going to ship the whole package.

... which hopefully doesn't get 'lost' with Ascendia.

Side note, I remember reading on Twitter that Ys might be going up a few minutes early so people can add it to their cart before the CE and Asdivine Hearts go up.

Semoreh

Side note, I remember reading on Twitter that Ys might be going up a few minutes early so people can add it to their cart before the CE and Asdivine Hearts go up.

That would be quite urbane. Since it's a preorder window there's absolutely no drawback doing that, and it will make some people's lives easier :)

The_Kid

Does anyone not care about their Night Trap or Wonder Boy trading cards? I'm looking for some without having to rebuy the game on ebay. :/

That would be quite urbane. Since it's a preorder window there's absolutely no drawback doing that, and it will make some people's lives easier :)

Agreed. Means I can place just one order so it should in theory go smooth, as long as the other VIta game doesn't evaporate the second it goes on sale!

Sondar

Just read a thread on the LRG forum about if there is any size difference between the Vita & PS4 CE box & the reply was...

They are the same size. I checked though, there will be a sticker on the shrinkwrap designating platform.

Animekatt

Just received Night Trap, Oceanhorn Vita, and Plague Road Vita. I'm disappointed that I didn't get the KS version of Plague Road. Does anyone have an idea on when they are going to be shipped out?

Shizuka

LRG Support replied to my ticket and added Volume to my hold shipping order. Now I just need to get Asdivine Hearts and Ys tomorrow and I'm going to ship the whole package.

I do hope that's true, because that'd make my life easier by having a standard Vita copy of Ys Origin in my cart before I get Asdivine Hearts for the Vita.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

That would be nice, but I'll prob be getting 2 separate purchases anyways. I guess it works, so I can get a Ys LE and SE on one order, and then Asdivine PS4/Vita on the second order. I just... don't want to risk the LE. Been lucky with Wonder Boy and Night Trap, where I wasn't interested in the other titles for sale. (Those brave souls that added 3-4 items in one order during those, though!)

I wonder if the alternate Ys cover for PAX will be for both PS4 and Vita, any confirmation?

i-Jest

Once again, I'm grateful LRG decided to do 24hr preorders for YS standard edition. Gives me more flexibility to focus on Asdivine Hearts.

Good luck to you all aiming for that CE.

chidrock

Really happy that they are trying out having a preorder window. Ys is a game that I wouldn't normally get but I'm tempted to go for it to show support for the preorder system. What to do?

(My backlog is already horrendous so that makes it harder to pull the trigger because I don't know if I'd ever even get to play the game)

Can't find that tweet now. I'm guess it was from Doug or Josh's twitter.

Also, Ys Origin won't be getting the patch on the cart on Vita:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/900469488243658752
What does this patch add/fix?

Is the preorder going up today, or tomorrow during the regular sale period? I prefer the latter. That way, everyone who wants the CE can try for it, and if they fail, go for the regular. I'm still torn on the CE because we have no idea what the book is like. Really wish we could get a preview of that.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
What does this patch add/fix?

Is the preorder going up today, or tomorrow during the regular sale period? I prefer the latter. That way, everyone who wants the CE can try for it, and if they fail, go for the regular. I'm still torn on the CE because we have no idea what the book is like. Really wish we could get a preview of that.

Version 1.01
* Fixed unlocalized software manual.

Version 1.02
* Optimization of performances.
* Correction of minor bugs.

emb

Performance optimization is a good one to have on disc. Checked the release dates, and PS4 version was first, so thankfully I don't have to deal with any dilemma here. n_n

Also, I didn't realize yet that this was a totally unique game. Thought for a while that it was a remake of a past numbered title. Realizing this just makes it even cooler!

ShyMel

I received emails yesterday morning for my copies of Night Trap and The Bunker being shipped. I looked at the tracking info for both though and neither has been updated and they are still on the shipping label created stage. Thought I would be lucky since I live a little under three hours from the shipping location and get them today, but I don't think that'll happen. Oh well, I can wait till the weekend for them.

I didn't know they'd do that, I'm gonna try it too.

My Night Trap was shipped 3 days ago, got an alert that it was shipped to wrong post office, it's been all over the southeast US in 3 different states. Hopefully it's not too damaged.

i-Jest

Really happy that they are trying out having a preorder window. Ys is a game that I wouldn't normally get but I'm tempted to go for it to show support for the preorder system. What to do?

(My backlog is already horrendous so that makes it harder to pull the trigger because I don't know if I'd ever even get to play the game)

Do it, die for our preorder sins, so that we maybe proven worthy of preorders in the future :p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I opened up each page of the games I want earlier... too scared to refresh now :x I hope they are working on it and that it's not getting DDoS'd...

Works for me. Maybe try clearing site cookies or try a different browser just to rule anything out?
Tried two different browsers and separate devices. No luck.
Haven't been able to connect to the LRG forum since around 5PM (UK). And I've tried using cellphone, PC & an iPad. :/

Edit

And I can't connect to their store either.
I can't get even the main page to load on either cellular or wifi :(

Just accessed the website and forum via Google Chrome without any issues whatsoever. Also, LRG confirmed there will be no bundles tomorrow. They want to avoid any criticism from people that'll be gunning for the "Ys Origin" CE and, quantity wise, "Asdivine Hearts" might stick around long enough for those that want to stick a standard version "Ys" preorder with it.

Sondar

LRG forum & Store is working for me now (iPad & Safari). Phew. I'd started planning what wifi hotspot I could use tomorrow just in case.

UCBooties

I'm so on edge for tomorrow's release. Usually I don't have any problem getting the LRG stuff I want but the popularity of the Ys series and my complete failure to secure a SNES classic have got me sweatin.

Top Bottom