• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm so on edge for tomorrow's release. Usually I don't have any problem getting the LRG stuff I want but the popularity of the Ys series and my complete failure to secure a SNES classic have got me sweatin.
You only need to worry about the LEs, everyone that wants the standard edition will get one.

Okay I've decided. I'm not going to buy the CE of Ys. It's not worth the price tag for me. Might skimp out on the regular edition as well.

I'll probably just go digital on it.

Shizuka

#TeamStandard

Also, is there anything stopping a retailer like VGP from ordering several standard copies for sale on their website?

Okay I've decided. I'm not going to buy the CE of Ys. It's not worth the price tag for me. Might skimp out on the regular edition as well.

I'll probably just go digital on it.

Man, you just missed it being on sale for $11.99 which gave you both the PS4 and Vita version since it was cross-buy.

NotMSRP

#TeamStandard

Also, is there anything stopping a retailer like VGP from ordering several standard copies for sale on their website?

THERE IS NO ORDER LIMIT ON THIS ITEM. ORDERS OF 30 WILL SHIP FACTORY SEALED IN ORIGINAL SONY CARTONS FOR UNCIRCULATED VGA GRADING.

Do we know when exactly Ys Origin standard editions will go on sale? Would love to have it in my checkout when ordering Asdivine Hearts to avoid paying shipping costs twice.

#TeamStandard

Well I don't think there would be any problem with that right? The whole point of the preorder is to fulfill all the demand, even demand from people who only buy from retail brick and mortar and other big online retailers.

I think everyone who wants preorders to continue should be clamoring for retailers to order lots of copies, because the more copies this preorder sells, the more likely this practice will continue. For instance if the likes of Gamestop decided to order like 50k copies through this preorder, that would be an amazing successful for this run and would likely ensure that we see preorders for lots of future releases no?

Ventara

So just to confirm, Ys will go on sale tomorrow at 10am est (regular time) and stay up for 24 hours, correct?

I'm asking since I want to order Asdivine Hearts with it, but will be missing the morning batch and thus will be buying it at the 6pm batch.

Shizuka

THERE IS NO ORDER LIMIT ON THIS ITEM. ORDERS OF 30 WILL SHIP FACTORY SEALED IN ORIGINAL SONY CARTONS FOR UNCIRCULATED VGA GRADING.

Well I don't think there would be any problem with that right? The whole point of the preorder is to fulfill all the demand, even demand from people who only buy from retail brick and mortar and other big online retailers.

I think everyone who wants preorders to continue should be clamoring for retailers to order lots of copies, because the more copies this preorder sells, the more likely this practice will continue. For instance if the likes of Gamestop decided to order like 50k copies through this preorder, that would be an amazing successful for this run and would likely ensure that we see preorders for lots of future releases no?

I'm just wondering, since this should be the first open orders run from Limited Run Games that'll get shipped in a timely fashion. I wonder if any retailer ordered copies of Skullgirls and are still waiting for those from LRG.

Any word on if Asdivine Hearts is good? Its not really on my radar and looks like a phone game :-/

That's because it *is* a phone game.

emb

That'd be awesome if other shops picked up copies and distributed them. LRG still gets their cut, while the game gets the good fortune of being even more widely available. Iirc they were already selling to some small stores anyway.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That'd be awesome if other shops picked up copies and distributed them. LRG still gets their cut, while the game gets the good fortune of being even more widely available. Iirc they were already selling to some small stores anyway.

Yeah I hope VGP and others stockpiles on them. Mo money for LRG to grow!

Will CE be available at 6 p.m.? Not even sure I want it, but just found out I probably won't be available for 10 a.m. So glad this is the week they're doing the 24-hour preorder experiment for regular copies.

Yeah I hope VGP and others stockpiles on them. Mo money for LRG to grow!

Yeah it would be pretty nuts if some purchaser from some big retailer (Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop) was a fan of LRG and convinced their company to put in a 100k order to cover all their stores and website. How wild would that be?

Just accessed the website and forum via Google Chrome without any issues whatsoever. Also, LRG confirmed there will be no bundles tomorrow. They want to avoid any criticism from people that'll be gunning for the "Ys Origin" CE and, quantity wise, "Asdivine Hearts" might stick around long enough for those that want to stick a standard version "Ys" preorder with it.

https://limitedrungames.com/products/fantasy-friday-bundle-ps4

https://limitedrungames.com/products/fantasy-friday-bundle-vita

i-Jest

So just to confirm, Ys will go on sale tomorrow at 10am est (regular time) and stay up for 24 hours, correct?

I'm asking since I want to order Asdivine Hearts with it, but will be missing the morning batch and thus will be buying it at the 6pm batch.

Yups. That's my understanding of the standard edition for YS Origin. Asdivine Hearts will follow the regular first come first serve routine.

I got my copy of Shadow Warrior 2 from Special Reserve Games today. It's a pretty neat package. The first Shadow Warrior game is on its own disc. It came with some sort of numbered scroll. Everything was in this burlap type bag with the Shadow Warrior logo on one side and the developer and publisher logos on the other.

I know Limited Run Games is supposed to be selling a batch of copies of this game soon, will those come with any of the extras? All I've heard is that it will have a different cover.

Welp, plan scrapped within two days!

I got my copy of Shadow Warrior 2 from Special Reserve Games today. It's a pretty neat package. The first Shadow Warrior game is on its own disc. It came with some sort of numbered scroll. Everything was in this burlap type bag with the Shadow Warrior logo on one side and the developer and publisher logos on the other.

I know Limited Run Games is supposed to be selling a batch of copies of this game soon, will those come with any of the extras? All I've heard is that it will have a different cover.
Received my copy of Shadow Warrior 2 from SRG the other afternoon as well. Sadly, the back of my physical copy took a beating with creases everywhere from being packaged directly on the wooden scroll. Print quality of the disc labels doesn't seem too vivid might I add as a little critique. Anyway, might be worth noting that each shipment is supposed to come with one-of-four variants of the kanji scroll, reversible cover which appears to be a full-spread/mirror image of the LRG cover artwork, and the re-print of the first game comes with the latest patch work, too! SRG confirmed in a Twitter message that tangible extras were exclusive to their store copies. LRG's version comes with an alternate cover and both discs included like the original run.

THE-JUV

so did the trading cards replace those larger postcard type things they use to provide with the games? or are you suppose to get both? Can't remember but my Jotun's finally came in today but I only got trading cards and not the larger postcard things they use to package with the games.

zeopower6

so did the trading cards replace those larger postcard type things they use to provide with the games? or are you suppose to get both? Can't remember but my Jotun's finally came in today but I only got trading cards and not the larger postcard things they use to package with the games.

Trading cards replaced the postcards and stickers, I think.

Received my copy of Shadow Warrior 2 from SRG the other afternoon as well. Sadly, the back of my physical copy took a beating with creases everywhere from being packaged directly on the wooden scroll. Print quality of the disc labels doesn't seem too vivid might I add as a little critique. Anyway, might be worth noting that each shipment is supposed to come with one-of-four variants of the kanji scroll, reversible cover which appears to be a full-spread/mirror image of the LRG cover artwork, and the re-print of the first game comes with the latest patch work, too! SRG confirmed in a Twitter message that tangible extras were exclusive to their store copies. LRG's version comes with an alternate cover and both discs included like the original run.

Oh I didn't know there were 4 different variations of the scroll, that's pretty cool. I got the blue one, I kinda wish I got black (butt) instead though.

I doubled checked and the Special Reserve version was $40. Depending on how much the Limited Run batch costs it might be the better deal. The scroll and bag are cool, but I'm never going to do anything with them. I think I would have preferred just paying the usual $25-30 for just the 2 game discs (or even just the second game, since I already have the normal physical version of the first). But I also don't go for the collector's editions from LRG either.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Mmmm I won't risk it on bundles. I decided on:

Order 1: Ys PS4 LE
Order 2: Asdivine (both), Ys Vita SE

I'll still get the variant at PAX too, even if it is PS4 only :x Ah well.

zeopower6

One neat that is that it seems the bundles will ALSO have one silver random trading card and one gold trading card alongside.

hawk2025

Mmmm I won't risk it on bundles. I decided on:

Order 1: Ys PS4 LE
Order 2: Asdivine (both), Ys Vita SE

I'll still get the variant at PAX too, even if it is PS4 only :x Ah well.

Say, friend... would you mind grabbing an extra copy of the variant for me? :)

Weevilone

So now there's a PAX cover that nobody else can get? I thought they learned from that last time, after giving people a chance to get it.

zeopower6

Is combining orders free and does it reduce shipping?

You can combine orders that are made on the same day from the same account.
Each order combined with your original will be subject to a $3.00 consolidation fee, but you will receive a refund for any additional shipping costs after the consolidation fee on the additional orders. Ex. You place three orders total, you will be charged: Regular shipping fee (once) +$3 +$3

To combine your orders please open a support ticket with the Order #s you would like combined.
You need to open a ticket within 48hrs of the sale date, after that point orders are locked and we are unable to process any combination requests.

From their FAQ.

So now there's a PAX cover that nobody else can get? I thought they learned from that last time, after giving people a chance to get it.

There is a PAX PS4 cover that will be at PAX for Ys Origin....

But it will also be available online in limited quantities after.

If you're going to attend PAX West, we'll also have an exclusive cover variant for the PS4 version available. We'll reveal that cover art closer to Friday! Online customers will have a chance to order this variant after PAX West is over.

https://twitter.com/VideoGamesNYC/status/900867483833425922

VGNYC on 9/1 will have some Wonder Boy and Night Trap copies in! Game Realms in LA will also get some soon.

hawk2025

Playing through Dragon's Trap -- second time, first was on Switch.

This is SO much better with a decent d-pad. Nintendo needs a decent d-pad-centered controller soon if they want more of my 2D dollars. It's like the perfect machine for these games, and then the controller itself just doesn't cut it.

I think they said they will sell them if there are leftovers, but yes, it's PAX exclusive if not.

zeopower6

Finally kill off those completists I guess.

I think they will still hold some back for online sales.

If you're going to attend PAX West, we'll also have an exclusive cover variant for the PS4 version available. We'll reveal that cover art closer to Friday! Online customers will have a chance to order this variant after PAX West is over.

Also they put up a public list tracking cards.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S784sbNad1MpnXgyknr0E3nI0I2MvjeLNVJQpiZJEtE/edit

That is ... a lot of cards. The amount of unannounced games too! 11 unannounced games by my count.

hawk2025

Josh Fairhurst @LimitedRunJosh
·
1h
We sell some stock to stores directly, before we even sell games online, so people have an alternative to buying games on our site.

Josh Fairhurst
·
1h
If you'd rather wait in a physical line at a mom and pop game shop than fight people online witbout cart hold - you have the option.

Josh Fairhurst
·
1h
We have mom and pop game stores in several states that we sell to for this specific reason.

Josh Fairhurst
·
1h
It solves a major problem by giving collectors alternative avenues to get our games at fair prices and it supports mom and pop game shops.

:/

Can't say I like this. I don't think it solves any problem, other than adding another middleman taking a cut.

Of course, I fully respect their decision to sell this way, just don't really see why.

Top Bottom