• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

So uh when is the Ys Origins Variant Cover going to go on sale? I heard that there are no more releases for this week. But I swear I remember that LRG said it would go on sale later this month.

Olengie

So uh when is the Ys Origins Variant Cover going to go on sale? I heard that there are no more releases for this week. But I swear I remember that LRG said it would go on sale later this month.

Their page says sometime in September.

I think no new releases this September. Like something actually new and not variant of a title that was sold in August. lol.

NDPsycho

Yeah you're right they make that agreement for no reason and it doesn't change anything.

He confirmed they had nothing to do with it coming out. Here, let me change your emphasis.

I can confirm 100% that we didn't stop any version from coming. Yes, our agreements do say we get the exclusive on releasing first or at the very least an English version. But in the case of Ys, all we did was reach out to see if there was another version with English.

What's the basis for your speculation? An incorrect distributor listing that only HeavyArm got? Like that never happens. Oh wait, it happened again shortly after that with Omega Labyrinth Z...hmmm maybe LRG is actually releasing that too and this is our advanced proof?

They also don't always get first release or even first English release. There are plenty of examples where that isn't the case, Like Ys itself (standard). The Asian English version went on sale and shipped before LRG.

Their page says sometime in September.

I think no new releases this September. Like something actually new and not variant of a title that was sold in August. lol.
Yeah I just got a response from them! This Friday or next week. Yay! My connection to get one fell through so I really hope I get this one!

Only 700 copies of Ys Origins Variant are left?!

There's no way I'm gonna be lucky enough to score one.

Now I really wish that that one GAFer had pulled through with the copies at PAX...

EDIT: To be extremely fair though he did work extremely hard to get enough copies. Unfortunately he was limited in amount. Which is understandable. I was too late!

Lol I asked for my copy of Volume to ship with Ys and my hold games because I didn't think Skullgirls would be done first, watch me get Skullgirls before Ys now.

Talha

Any news on Sekai Projects it's almost been over a year we still have no clue as to when that's happenjng and that one Visual Novel that was backed on Kick Starter?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Any news on Sekai Projects it's almost been over a year we still have no clue as to when that's happenjng and that one Visual Novel that was backed on Kick Starter?

2 VNs... and no, nothing yet. Been a looooong time on any Sekai updates.

i-Jest

So we're heading towards a delay of a whole year.

Well we know the reason why it's taken so long. Now we have a time frame to expect both versions. The wait could have been worse but it's not. I'm glad we're getting both versions before the year is out. With that wait out of the way, I can look forward to Summon Night 6 next year :p

Since I'm a little confused on this.

I ordered a copy of Ys with my hold shipping. When will this get shipped if I want to end the hold and get them all now?

Olengie

the delays have been because of the way japanese do business mostly, them having to rebuild the game so that it worked with the other versions and bug fixing

Plus they found some bugs that they addressed while waiting, so theres that.

We're also getting a neat pencil board

tav7623

Well I just got a shipping notification (with tracking info) from LRG saying my copy of Y's:Origins has shipped so y'all might want to check your inboxes (and junk/spam email folders :p)

Special Reserve finally confirmed Ruiner for PS4 and PC for those interested.

And yet no one is bidding on my exclusively limited MSPaint alternate covers.
You're always welcome to post them here whenever you feel like sharing them digitally!

a6d9564c1c2d7e483a77464bce4e20aa.png

I can confirm 100% that we didn't stop any version from coming. Yes, our agreements do say we get the exclusive on releasing first or at the very least an English version. But in the case of Ys, all we did was reach out to see if there was another version with English.

I don't think anyone will have trouble getting VA11 HALL-A, it's our biggest Vita run ever as of right now. There is only 1 other surpassing it that isn't finalized yet.
I hope this doesn't mean "exclusive English version". Because if it does and you're stoping other regions releases from including English you can fu** off with that.

::rolls eyes::
Here we go again.
Publishers dealing with this sort of clause is is not unheard of. LRG may be small but they are a publisher, and they would naturally benefit of having exclusive English releases, specially when launch dates between versions are close.
If they did enforce such a clause, it's a just business and I would understand that. It doesn't mean I would have to like it though.
This is all hypothetical of course, only they know the terms of their contracts. But the fact is that all this confusion about Asian releases, and now the Japanese release of VA11 HALL-A not including English certainly opens room for speculation.

NDPsycho

I hope this doesn't mean "exclusive English version". Because if it does and you're stoping other regions releases from including English you can fu** off with that.

I think part of the issue here is how we're all reading that. You're taking it as only English release. I take it as first release. LRG is only really interested in being first to market. They gain the most from that, since they're only making one run. Their interest going forward from there is fairly nonexistent, since they aren't contracted past the initial print.

Also, it's not like we were drowning in a sea of Japan releases with English options prior to LRG. I can think of fewer than I can count on my fingers. That's a big leap to base on nothing but personal speculation.

I think part of the issue here is how we're all reading that. You're taking it as only English release. I take it as first release. LRG is only really interested in being first to market. They gain the most from that, since they're only making one run. Their interest going forward from there is fairly nonexistent, since they aren't contracted past the initial print.
I'm speculating specifically about cases where launch dates are very close, like what happened with Ys Origin. Personally, I skipped LRG's release and got the Asia version instead. I imagine a scenario where to avoid the same situation, for example when planning a bigger run, they would reach an agreement to be the only ones offering an English version.

Also, it's not like we were drowning in a sea of Japan releases with English options prior to LRG. I can think of fewer than I can count on my fingers. That's a big leap to base on nothing but personal speculation.
I'm talking about VA11 HALL-A, a game that was mentioned to include English by its publisher in Japan, but it was later retracted. And I never said it was anything else but personal speculation.

NDPsycho

I'm talking about VA11 HALL-A, a game that was mentioned to include English by its publisher in Japan, but it was later retracted. And I never said it was anything else but personal speculation.

I know, just advocating not jumping to conclusions. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that there isn't a history of that and until something concrete in that regard comes out, maybe they deserve the benefit of the doubt, not a "fuck that." No need for pre-emptive consumer rage.

Olengie

Maybe they jumped the gun and said it without checking, only to find out there is no subs after all

dallow_bg

nods at old men
"Everyone else does <insert shady business practice here>, so why can't my friends at LRG do i?." is a rather poor argument.

No, I'm talking about a game that "supposedly" has English subs being listed on a website (like PA) and when it comes time for release it turns out to be false.
I've no idea about the reasons.

He confirmed they had nothing to do with it coming out. Here, let me change your emphasis.

What's the basis for your speculation? An incorrect distributor listing that only HeavyArm got? Like that never happens. Oh wait, it happened again shortly after that with Omega Labyrinth Z...hmmm maybe LRG is actually releasing that too and this is our advanced proof?

They also don't always get first release or even first English release. There are plenty of examples where that isn't the case, Like Ys itself (standard). The Asian English version went on sale and shipped before LRG.

Yeah I'm going to emphasis the part where LRG reiterated the example I gave. Not sure where you're going with Omega Labyrinth Z since I never mentioned that and HA said they based it off a screenshot and nothing more. And it was always possible that it was just a distributor error. I never would have denied that. The games I mentioned where Ys Origin and Ghost Blade and I replied to a comment about Vallhalla.

I think I read (but I don't remember where) that their agreements allow the developers to reprint games but LRG never will. Because of that I don't think they'd ever require to be the exclusive English release so the only time a problem could arise is when they are released around the same time.

NDPsycho

So I attempted to proxy for a small group of people for the Ys cover, unfortunately I wasn't able to cover everyone, so I'll be picking a few people at random and I'll DM you to figure out costs/shipping deets and whatnot. Sorry I couldn't get for everyone, shit happened but at least I can make a few of you happy.

Huge thanks to TheAggroCraig for doing what you could to help those of us who couldn't be there. I debated not saying anything, because I feel bad for those that didn't get one, but I wanted to make sure you got some public recognition for doing what you could. Costs were fair and I am super thankful. I hope everyone else here that's looking for one can get one of the copies still left when they go on sale.

Top Bottom