• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Skullgirls update from LRG on Twitter yesterday: PS4 will start shipping in the second week of October, and the Vita should follow in November, assuming everything goes smoothly with approval of a new build.

Semoreh

Love the artstyle of Absolute Drift :eek:
Reminds me a lot of Tokyo 42, released by the new LRG competitors.
Now I don't know if the game is FUN but it's caught my eye !

i-Jest

The cash grab is totally lame, but I'm actually okay with waiting 90 days. I thought one of the original points for these games was to have the *most complete* version on disc in regards to patches. I would've been a little peeved if a game like... Cosmic Star Heroine had gotten a physical release at launch, because it was rather buggy. Heck, I was even a little peeved when I found out Wonder Boy had a meaty update waiting for it when I popped in my CE.

Absolute Zen is a skip for me. The only racers I'm really interested in these days are Mario Kart or Arcade style.

Does Blur and F1 Race Stars have any place in your heart?

sarcoa

Still waiting on my Lawbreakers and Ys:Origin CEs. Have they updated the ship dates yet?
Lawbreakers won't start shipping until its concurrent player count drops to double digits.

(I have no idea I'm still waiting on mine as well. Last heard late September, but things happen).

Patience!

Olengie

Hey hey hey! I believe that Atlus will definitely release the game in Winter 2014. It might be getting closer but it will happen!

giphy.webp

The Playism Key for The Silver Case they sent out recently is because of the 25th ward? Does this mean I get a another steam key I can use when I redeem it? I sold my first steam key so that would be pretty sweet.

Edit: Looks like the 25th ward comes out next year.

Clive

Man Skullgirls has been a wild ride. Hopefully y'all who preordered it get their games soon!

I don't use my Vita anymore so I'm not even keeping the game. Back when I ordered SG I used the console practically every day so I figured a fighting game would give some me nice variation to what I normally play. Now I only want it so I can put it on eBay and get my money back.

ThisOne

Anybody interested in The Flame in the Flood? Still sealed but I've decided I don't want it. I'll sell it at cost ($30 shipped). PM me and we can work something out.

I don't use my Vita anymore so I'm not even keeping the game. Back when I ordered SG I used the console practically every day so I figured a fighting game would give some me nice variation to what I normally play. Now I only want it so I can put it on eBay and get my money back.
Hmm...real tempting.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Big Japanese game everyone wants is in talks right now. What is it!??!

Someone already guessed it too, but not specifically said that it was guessed on Twitter...

Hints are:
-PS4 (no mention of Vita, so prob a PS4-only title)
-not from a big company like SE
-it's already been asked for a million times

Shizuka

Someone already guessed it too, but not specifically said that it was guessed on Twitter...

Hints are:

It’s likely Battle Garegga.

Hints are:
Has to be Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds!
Right?!?!

Olengie

I tweeted them earlier about me wanting Phantom Breaker. Does that count? :p

I see someone say Senko no Ronde 2 but that was already confirmed. lol.

Throwing my lot with Battle Garegga.

zeopower6

Anything I saw was that they emailed the devs of Darkest Dungeon without any response really. But there was a thread on Reddit where the developers said they want to do a physical release but they want to work on other things before going into that.

i-Jest

Anything I saw was that they emailed the devs of Darkest Dungeon without any response really. But there was a thread on Reddit where the developers said they want to do a physical release but they want to work on other things before going into that.

So I guess that could possibly mean more DLC and releasing the game in other platforms, assuming we're talking about "working on other things" being in relation to the games continued development. Or that could mean something else entirely.

Tangent news but NIS America will be publishing the Silver Case sequel and already has a limited edition but the catch is:

PS4 only.
Only Bundled with the first game's LE

This would work out perfectly for me since I never got around to getting the first games LE. However stock seems to have dried up, unless it hasn't gone live yet.

Got my Ys origin Vita copy today. First trading card (silver yunica). The card was bent but at least I got one.

Actually got a loyalty ticket today too! My last one before this was Ray Gigant which had been the last game on the old postcard/no loyalty.

Very nice, all told. Looking forward to Cosmic Star Heroine (whenever that happens)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
25th ward LE should be available at other retailers (they're working on it) but I don't know about the bundle.

Bundle sold out within a couple days, and I called and they confirmed that it won't be sold on the NISA store separately. So now to wait on Best Buy, Gamestop, Amazon to post it.

Shizuka

Bundle sold out within a couple days, and I called and they confirmed that it won't be sold on the NISA store separately. So now to wait on Best Buy, Gamestop, Amazon to post it.

IIRC, other retailers won’t be getting the bundle with the first one’s limited edition.

Ys Origin was the first time I ordered with Limited Run Games. I got a tracking number like a week or so ago but it's just been sitting at label printed on UPS' website. Is this common?

Olengie

Ys Origin was the first time I ordered with Limited Run Games. I got a tracking number like a week or so ago but it's just been sitting at label printed on UPS' website. Is this common?

From personal experience, it can take 1 to even 2 weeks for it to actually ship after the label is printed.

Het_Nkik

Ys Origin was a pre-order. On the game's page, it's had this note;

This game is being sold as a pre-order and will be manufactured to demand. We expect to ship this in early October.

Yes, likely nothing to worry about.

From personal experience, it can take 1 to even 2 weeks for it to actually ship after the label is printed.

Thanks for the kind replies!

Ys Origin was a pre-order. On the game's page, it's had this note;

Yes I know Ys was a pre-order. And yes I saw that note. I got a shipping notification a week ago. Every other place I've ever ordered ANYTHING from pre-order or not doesn't send out a shipping notification with tracking number till things have actually shipped. So this was a little weird. Thanks for the attitude.

Top Bottom