• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Got an email saying that anyone who shipped their held orders alongside a copy of Ys Origine or Asdivine Hearts got a rogue tracking number that's a dud. They then go on to say that these orders start shipping in early October.

Darknight

Anyone ever had missing tickets from their purchase? My last delivery was missing them. Already contacted LRG support and they said they cant ship them to me and that if I do want to trade in them for something to let them know Im owed those missing tickets.

Thing is, not sure when that will happen and I have to hope they somehow know about me later on.

Anyone ever had missing tickets from their purchase? My last delivery was missing them. Already contacted LRG support and they said they cant ship them to me and that if I do want to trade in them for something to let them know Im owed those missing tickets.

Thing is, not sure when that will happen and I have to hope they somehow know about me later on.

Just keep copies of all of the invoices you got from them. You should've gotten tickets with all of those orders, right (starting from whenever they started the loyalty program)?

mr lurtle

I had 21 tickets from my combined order missing. I opened a ticket and was told that they will be mailed to me which was now 40 days ago with no delivery yet.

Het_Nkik

Yes I know Ys was a pre-order. And yes I saw that note. I got a shipping notification a week ago. Every other place I've ever ordered ANYTHING from pre-order or not doesn't send out a shipping notification with tracking number till things have actually shipped. So this was a little weird. Thanks for the attitude.

Ah, sorry. I'm on eBay a lot. Shipping notifications for that go out as soon as a label is made and not actually when the item is shipped so I just assume that's what happens with LRG and they were just printing out labels ahead of time and it was automatically triggering a shipment message.

Sorry for being a dick. I should have explained myself better instead of being snarky.

As cool and quaint as it is to get physical tickets, is there any reason this process isn't automated and digitized on the site? Probably asked and answered already, but it would make a lot of sense to me.

zeopower6

As cool and quaint as it is to get physical tickets, is there any reason this process isn't automated and digitized on the site? Probably asked and answered already, but it would make a lot of sense to me.

The reason we currently use the physical tickets is because of the difficulties and expense involved with creating a digital program, as well as the fact there are many people who make errors during their purchase and as such accidentally purchase some games under one email and some under their paypal email (for example). Having the physical tickets as well as verifying them based on orders when they come in for redemption is the best option that we have currently. This process has actually helped us identify folks that have gotten around the set limits somehow because they try to redeem way more tickets than anyone should have, which lets me monitor their future purchases to make sure they aren't breaking limits, most likely reselling games and then redeeming tickets for a free game. When we first started sending out tickets one of the very first things I saw was someone putting them up for sale on eBay, we want to avoid feeding the reseller crowd as much as possible, while we specifically state that we will not penalize someone for reselling their games if they choose so long as they are in the limits since that is one of the main issues with digital ownership, things like the tickets, we can state that they are not transferable which keeps them from being sold off for an additional/probably ridiculous amount.

From their forum post.

Clive

Looks like Senko no ronde 2 will be getting a limited edition. Josh posted this picture and googling the number (c17400090) takes me to this page.

DKwVI1rXcAAun79.jpg

That ain't no coincidence. Also, fuck yeah!

Ventara

From their forum post.

lol, their reasoning is completely idiotic. They say it's easier to make these tickets and send them out like so instead of making a simple checklist of sorts? Do they realize it just creates more hassle for customers, and themselves? They're often failing to give the correct number of tickets, and their solution is to for us to separately mail the physical tickets we did get and have their customer service rep count up how much we should've gotten? Yeah, that's way easier than digitizing it /s. If people are making 2 accounts to buy things, well, that's on them, and everyone else shouldn't have to suffer. And they mention this helps keep track of who gets around the limits? LOLOL, they've mentioned multiple times that only one ticket is given out per game (so even if you buy 2 PS4 copies and 2 Vita copies, you still get one), so I don't know how this is supposed to help them catch anyone. Even if they were buying them with different accounts, they could easily write it off as them buying it off someone, which they mention themselves, a problem that can easily be fixed by digitizing these tickets, lol. What a joke.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Senko no ronde 2 will be getting a limited edition. Josh posted this picture and googling the number (c17400090) takes me to this page.

DKwVI1rXcAAun79.jpg

That ain't no coincidence. Also, fuck yeah!

Been waiting on more news for it. So with physical packaging available, orders should be going up soon?

Clive

Been waiting on more news for it. So with physical packaging available, orders should be going up soon?

The latest batch (Caladrius + Flame in the Flood) was #83 and #84 and Senko no ronde 2 is #98 according to the picture. It could still be a while but it's also not impossible that this whole ESRB debacle has forced them to shift around a bit. We'll see.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The latest batch (Caladrius + Flame in the Flood) was #83 and #84 and Senko no ronde 2 is #98 according to the picture. It could still be a while but it's also not impossible that this whole ESRB debacle has forced them to shift around a bit. We'll see.

That's true. It's not the first time numbers have been skipped cor a while, either.

I know there's a lot going on at the moment (Doug teasing some new game ratings on Twitter and Josh teasing a big announcement for the business), but if anyone's interested I recently got chance to ask a few questions to Doug; mostly Vita-related:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/09/27/an-interview-with-limited-run-games/

I didn't land the big scoop I was hoping for (and I tried my hardest to get him to commit to Munch's Oddysee), but if anyone is interested in reading it's there :)

I know there's a lot going on at the moment (Doug teasing some new game ratings on Twitter and Josh teasing a big announcement for the business), but if anyone's interested I recently got chance to ask a few questions to Doug; mostly Vita-related:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/09/27/an-interview-with-limited-run-games/

I didn't land the big scoop I was hoping for (and I tried my hardest to get him to commit to Munch's Oddysee), but if anyone is interested in reading it's there :)

Heh sorry, I've said too much in the press since we've started, that I've had to do some media training and make sure to keep silent on somethings! :D

Thaks for the interview!

Shizuka

Just got a tax notification of $170 for my held package. LRG seems to have not mark it down in any way. I wanted to give a heads up in case anyone lives in countries affected by heavy import fees that were relying on marked down packages front LRG.

LQX

Just got a tax notification of $170 for my held package. LRG seems to have not mark it down in any way. I wanted to give a heads up in case anyone lives in countries affected by heavy import fees that were relying on marked down packages front LRG.

Wow, so you have to pay an additional $170? Might as well buy on Ebay no?

I just got my hold order today, all packaged nicely in a box with paper and bubble wrap. 11 games including Night Trap limited edition and the Shadow Warrior set plus cards and tickets. o/

zeopower6

lol, their reasoning is completely idiotic. They say it's easier to make these tickets and send them out like so instead of making a simple checklist of sorts? Do they realize it just creates more hassle for customers, and themselves? They're often failing to give the correct number of tickets, and their solution is to for us to separately mail the physical tickets we did get and have their customer service rep count up how much we should've gotten? Yeah, that's way easier than digitizing it /s. If people are making 2 accounts to buy things, well, that's on them, and everyone else shouldn't have to suffer. And they mention this helps keep track of who gets around the limits? LOLOL, they've mentioned multiple times that only one ticket is given out per game (so even if you buy 2 PS4 copies and 2 Vita copies, you still get one), so I don't know how this is supposed to help them catch anyone. Even if they were buying them with different accounts, they could easily write it off as them buying it off someone, which they mention themselves, a problem that can easily be fixed by digitizing these tickets, lol. What a joke.

Main thing really is, who is going to create the digital system? If they don't have the resources to do it, then things end there.

zeopower6

Yeah if it's gonna happen, it'll be like... this Friday. Otherwise next week? Maybe they want to keep it under wraps till just before.

So much for all those savings on postage. Glad I never bothered using the holding service (even though LRG offers prepaid-VAT to my country, so I would likely not get hit like that).

Good grief Shiz. What a saga this has been for you, I'm so sorry.

eXistor

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I've been having a lot of bad luck with my stuff lately as well (not LRG btw fortunately). Finally found a relatively cheap Contra Hard Corps a while ago, but then I got a €30,- import fee...

oldmario

still got my games on hold too RIP

i think i'll wait for confirmation on them switching back to whatever they were using before before i let my stuff get sent out

Welp, judging from Doug and Josh’s tweets, we’re going to be getting Switch games in the future. I wonder if we’ll get a better idea of how much the carts cost compared to Vita?

What’s on your wish list? I’d love to see Blaster Master Zero get a release. Kamiko and Golf Story as well. Oh, and a definitive release of shovel knight once the king knight DLC is out.

Welp, judging from Doug and Josh’s tweets, we’re going to be getting Switch games in the future. I wonder if we’ll get a better idea of how much the carts cost compared to Vita?

What’s on your wish list? I’d love to see Blaster Master Zero get a release. Kamiko and Golf Story as well. Oh, and a definitive release of shovel knight once the king knight DLC is out.

Steamworld Dig 2 would be hype

Olengie

A definitive version of Shovel Knight can be done by Yacht Club themselves. They did publish Shovel Knight on their own after all.

Welp, judging from Doug and Josh's tweets, we're going to be getting Switch games in the future. I wonder if we'll get a better idea of how much the carts cost compared to Vita?

Looks like it. Quicker than I expected, they were making it seem like 2018.

I wonder how quickly they'll lose interest in Vita. Hopefully they'll stay true to their "until Sony tells us to stop".

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

I wonder how quickly they'll lose interest in Vita

Vita will be a short fizzle. It depends how many Japanese games they are able to obtain, because with indies slowing down development for Vita, only the Japanese ones will be left. We shall see what else they can get and are able to localize/port.

I wonder how quickly they'll lose interest in Vita. Hopefully they'll stay true to their "until Sony tells us to stop".

They also said something along the lines of "supply" that was "drying up".

emb

Welp, judging from Doug and Josh's tweets, we're going to be getting Switch games in the future. I wonder if we'll get a better idea of how much the carts cost compared to Vita?

What's on your wish list? I'd love to see Blaster Master Zero get a release. Kamiko and Golf Story as well. Oh, and a definitive release of shovel knight once the king knight DLC is out.
Exciting stuff.

Fast and Snake Pass come to mind also.

Oregano

There's plenty of material for Switch games even if we just want to talk exclusives(so not Wonderboy for instance). I imagine people would definitely buy physical copies of Golf Story and Picross S.

Who wouldn't love to have Vroom in the Night Sky on their shelf?

They also said something along the lines of "supply" that was "drying up".

They clarified in that one interview that it was people reading it wrong. There's no supply issue with Sony manufacturing the carts.

I forgot what exactly they said, but it was something along the lines of the supply of vita games available to them to publish is drying up. So hopefully their localization side project is farther along than we think and they can bring some Japanese games over for which there are no translations.

I'd kill for Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua and Hollow Ataraxia, although I know that's more of an issue of Type-Moon being jerks rather than nobody willing to localize.

Top Bottom