• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be inconvenient but you're not really given the option when you get the card through the door, are you? By that point RM have already done the work and are invoicing you..

Untrue.

Technically, they're supposed to notify you that they have a package for you where customs is due. It's become common practice not to do that though. For one because most people don't care. And sending you a notification first is costly and time consuming.

If you have a tracking number however, and you don't want them to do the declaration for you, you can contact Royal Mail as soon as they received your package and tell them just that. So you do have an option.

It's a source of income for them, and an increasingly important one too, I think, with the package business having exploded in recent years. So they will do everything to hold onto it. But you do have the option to handle the declaration differently.

Come on, I'm being civil. There's no need for that.

The incessant complaining/sarcastic remarks about the fees in import threads or in threads where the topic is brought up is really tiresome, dude. We all know the fees suck, because all of us pay them. Royal Mail are just doing their jobs. The civil thing, since that seems important to you, would be to respect that, rather than portray them as lazy bums who are after your money. And in stead, in case you really hate the fees that badly, elect politicians who change them for you.

Semoreh

Good to know on BB. With NMS, no online needed, not even for initial installation. They did a really great job catering to the offline experience actually, even the little discoveries can be 'uploaded' for currency while offline.
Damn, and I thought it was a fully online experience. I must have misread something...

People like to exaggerate I think. I'd like to try some of the worse offenders (Assassin's Creed comes to mind) and see how bad unpatched games can get.

That would be great if you could write about it. I'd love to read offline-tests in order to see if games remain playable even without patches. AC5 is a great place to start.

Do you want to know what that patch addresses? Literally one bug and it's not a bug that would have been encountered by many people. Pre-patch, if a controller became disconnected on the main menu (and only the main menu), upon reconnection, the game would have a loss of control and would require a restart. The update isn't an earth shattering one and it's certainly something that won't make a difference in twenty years when the patch is no longer available to download.

Thanks for the transparency, I find this very reassuring :)
I wish you'll do this in the future everytime there's a need to download a patch like that. So we can judge if it's a small issue or a big one.

Megauap

Where do I check my tracking number?
When I click on it I just get redirected to google with the search parameter being my tracking number...

Shadow Complex and Rainbow Moon arrived :). Shadow Complex was loose, but there was no scratches so I don't mind. Gotta finish off a few games before I dig into these, but glad to have them.

Decider

Got my international shipping confirmation for Dragon Fantasy. Might keep that to one side until the first one gets a release as well.

hawk2025

I wonder if my Dragon Fantasies or Rainbow Moon/Shadow Complex will arrive first?

Or if any will arrive before the next batch on the 30th! :p

Jimm

Rainbow Moon and Shadow Complex arrived all the way to Australia without a SC loose disc, I'm impressed!

I know you guys at LR read this thread, thanks again for all the hard work and best of luck with handling fulfillment in house.

Galdius

Just checked the tracking for my Rainbow Moon Vita copy and it seems it didn't get taxed. It's very strange, maybe it will be the first time I don't get taxed in two or three years. Let's see. Btw, I'm from Brazil.

Shizuka

Just checked the tracking for my Rainbow Moon Vita copy and it seems it didn't get taxed. It's very strange, maybe it will be the first time I don't get taxed in two or three years. Let's see. Btw, I'm from Brazil.

Fingers crosses, my Xeodrifter wasn't hit by the customs as well.

LRG is doing a physical The Silver Case? That one is news to me. I'm interested but a little worried that a game that old is not going to hold up well to modern standards.

AsfaeksBR

Rainbow Moon just arrived, nice! First order with LRG, everything came smoothly. Next one up is The Silver Case, just waiting for the pre-orders to start!

LRG is doing a physical The Silver Case? That one is news to me. I'm interested but a little worried that a game that old is not going to hold up well to modern standards.

Gameplay wise? Most definately, IIRC the UI is really kinda clunky and I heard they didn't change a thing for the new release. But it's The Silver Case, it's worth it for the story!

I didn't either. Is this their first PC release?

Yes, it is.

Ventara

Well, damn. I got my order of Rainbow Moon/Shadow Complex, today, but I'm missing 2x Rainbow Moon postcards, 1x Rainbow Moon sticker, there's a crack in my Rainbow Moon PS4 case, and both PS4 cases have slight dents to the cover art on the back.

Well, damn. I got my order of Rainbow Moon/Shadow Complex, today, but I'm missing 2x Rainbow Moon postcards, 1x Rainbow Moon sticker, there's a crack in my Rainbow Moon PS4 case, and both PS4 cases have slight dents to the cover art on the back.
If you order more than one copy of a game you only get one card and one sticker (not sure why but that's how they do it)

doesn't excuse the damages of course. But if you email them they'll help you with that

Ventara

If you order more than one copy of a game you only get one card and one sticker (not sure why but that's how they do it)

doesn't excuse the damages of course. But if you email them they'll help you with that

Oh, I didn't know that, so I guess I'm just missing 1 RM postcard. Yeah, I'll email them later tonight.

Shizuka

Is this the first run that Brazil didn't get hit by the customs? I read Galdius, Asfaeks and I didn't have to pay taxes this time.

The postcards and stickers are freebies and are not guaranteed (they're first-come first-served and limited to one per order). We include them as a promotional thing rather than a vital component of the game. We don't include multiple cards in orders because we pay for these ourselves and don't split the expenses with devs. We'd have to foot a much larger bill on these if we sent out one postcard and sticker for every copy sold.

That said, the fulfillment center messed up and should have given you at least one postcard. We'll likely include a card/sticker when we send out a replacement for the cracked game.

NDPsycho

The postcards and stickers are freebies and are not guaranteed (they're first-come first-served and limited to one per order). We include them as a promotional thing rather than a vital component of the game. We don't include multiple cards in orders because we pay for these ourselves and don't split the expenses with devs. We'd have to foot a much larger bill on these if we sent out one postcard and sticker for every copy sold.

That said, the fulfillment center messed up and should have given you at least one postcard. We'll likely include a card/sticker when we send out a replacement for the cracked game.

I'm still hoping you include the ones for deadline in one of my orders. No one has ever responded to my emails or messages. Even if you're not going to do it, at least respond and say no.

Random Question!!!
You wouldn't happen to have any extra Soldner postcards and stickers around, would you? I didn't get one in my order. Would it be possible to have it sent with a future order?

Do you want to know what that patch addresses? Literally one bug and it's not a bug that would have been encountered by many people. Pre-patch, if a controller became disconnected on the main menu (and only the main menu), upon reconnection, the game would have a loss of control and would require a restart. The update isn't an earth shattering one and it's certainly something that won't make a difference in twenty years when the patch is no longer available to download.
Thanks for being so open about that. I read the patch notes and had assumed it was something that simple.

This had me thinking about patches and their effects on physical releases though. Someone should start a list for secondhand disc ownership the future. Imagine playing a game like GTAV without any of the patches that addressed control issues that may not have broken the game, but definitely alter the experience. Or fighting games that receive new characters and balancing through updates after release. That content is gone when someone decides to stop paying for server space.

I'm still hoping you include the ones for deadline in one of my orders. No one has ever responded to my emails or messages. Even if you're not going to do it, at least respond and say no.

Send us another email and maybe we can get something sorted out. The fulfillment center messed up so ridiculously bad on Soldner/Deadline that we were receiving to about 150 emails per day (most about missing games or soundtracks).

BBboy20

Send us another email and maybe we can get something sorted out. The fulfillment center messed up so ridiculously bad on Soldner/Deadline that we were receiving to about 150 emails per day (most about missing games or soundtracks).
I have to ask but do you charge cards on ordering or shipping?

I have to ask but do you charge cards on ordering or shipping?

The vast majority of what we sell is not on preorder - the only exception being the upcoming Silver Case release - so we charge at the time an order is placed (because shipping occurs just a few days later typically).

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The vast majority of what we sell is not on preorder - the only exception being the upcoming Silver Case release - so we charge at the time an order is placed (because shipping occurs just a few days later typically).

Wait ... are Silver Case preorders open yet? Where? How?

The_Kid

So Risky's Revenge is getting a re release only on PS4 but Pirate's Curse is on 3ds and PS4? Is the ps4 version going to have the exclusive bonus mode in the 3ds version?

So Risky's Revenge is getting a re release only on PS4 but Pirate's Curse is on 3ds and PS4? Is the ps4 version going to have the exclusive bonus mode in the 3ds version?

Risky's Revenge has NEVER been released physically. Ours is the first ever physical release.

Our PS4 release of Pirate's Curse does not have any additional content over the current digital PS4 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom