• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

TSC is my first experience with them, and given the lack of transparency on TSC(let's tell people via twitter, not via an official email), I think it'll be the last.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
TSC is my first experience with them, and given the lack of transparency on TSC(let's tell people via twitter, not via an official email), I think it'll be the last.

Eh it's their first pre-order release, as a print-to-order. Regardless, it will be out soon. It's not like a shady Kickstarter, where you don't even know if you will EVER even receive the item. I know they are a small team, and most likely been busy since they haven't even been on here too much lately. You're decision, though. I'm just glad to be able to get the rare item, and I can wait.

cj_iwakura

Eh it's their first pre-order release, as a print-to-order. Regardless, it will be out soon. It's not like a shady Kickstarter, where you don't even know if you will EVER even receive the item. I know they are a small team, and most likely been busy since they haven't even been on here too much lately. You're decision, though. I'm just glad to be able to get the rare item, and I can wait.

I know they're a small team and also established, so I'm sure they'll deliver. I just don't like how it's being handled, it feels like this isn't very high on their priority list. It could also be because this is their first go at it.

Japan has had the same LE for like a month now, and no one's been complaining about its quality.

Swapper-PS4_grande.png

Swapper-PSV_grande.png

3,300 Made. 2 per Customer.

I didn't see an announcement for this.
awesome!

Semoreh

The Swapper is great, I'll take it for sure !

It's cool that Curve Digital is so into LRG <3
By the way are we still missing good Curve games or will this one be the last ?

Also The Swapper! Had this been announced? I thought Oxenfree would be my only purchase in the next few weeks, but I stand corrected.
I will undeniably be down for a copy of The Swapper! A colleague of mine from film school was glowing about this platformer and spoke about the cloning mechanic having a philosophical essence that built about its establishment in the medium. It received a homage in another puzzler, The Talos Principle, which explores the complexity of human ideology and ranks among one of the best video games that I ever played. Hopefully this new release from Curve Digital will exceed my expectations.

All I can say is that I am glad I didn't wait on the physical release for The Silver Case before playing it. Yeesh.
Imagine being someone who hastily made a purchase to support their first pre-order effort hoping that a console port would be far enough down the line to enjoy the novelty of a computer disc release. Only for a competitor to announce said console effort on the last day of the PC purchase window. Left unable to cancel and could care less about rarity, I've been torn over whether I could possibly re-sell it close to the original price with the worst case being that I just straight toss it. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to the limited edition for PS4 from NIS America in the mail!

Aside from Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones or Dear Esther, I would consider The Swapper as the last notable release from the developer/publisher if nothing else is secured. I know LRG has another one of their projects, The Swindle, in the pipeline, but it has lower popularity when contrasted to rest of Curve's catalogue, like Lone Survivor, Thomas Was Alone and OlliOlli.

Jimm

Its an amazing game, really well done puzzles that are tough, yet fair. Vita version runs at a steady 30FPS (while PS4 one runs at 60FPS). I never had any issues with the Vita version, runs great from the several playthroughs I've done.

Thanks, I do prefer to get my LRG games on the Vita, only one I didn't was Octodad because I saw footage was pretty rough.

Keen for this and glad something is the same day as Curses N Chaos.

The Swapper is legit awesome. Thrilled with that

Curve did Hue on PS4/Vita I think, so that would be the last noteworthy one for me if Swindle is indeed coming. Oh, and Stealth Inc 2.

There's other stuff like Proteus but I'm not interested in that.

MW_Jimmy

Aqua Kitty, Curses N Chaos and The Swapper are all showing on the website as incompatible with PSTV. That can't be correct right? The digital versions are so physical should function the same I would've thought.

Is this a just-in-case message as the carts are untested?

Aqua Kitty, Curses N Chaos and The Swapper are all showing on the website as incompatible with PSTV. That can't be correct right? The digital versions are so physical should function the same I would've thought.

The Swapper won't be. All of Curve's other games haven't been PSTV compatible through LRG. Apparently the PSTV versions require updates that require re-rating or something like that, so they haven't bothered.

Around the time Stealth Inc. released they said there may be a patch down the line.

Dunno about the other two games.

MW_Jimmy

I could understand that if the digital version wasn't compatible, but it is. Sounds like a load of rubbish.

Only Vita LRG I've picked up is Soldner X, one of the smallest print runs, and that is compatible.

More likely that Sony have changed something since then.

t26

I could understand that if the digital version wasn't compatible, but it is. Sounds like a load of rubbish.

Only Vita LRG I've picked up is Soldner X, one of the smallest print runs, and that is compatible.

More likely that Sony have changed something since then.

It has nothing to do with print size. They added new set of trophies for Soldner X so it was re-certified.

MW_Jimmy

It has nothing to do with print size. They added new set of trophies for Soldner X so it was re-certified.

Ahh. So it was.

Twitter comments from devs/limited run seems to suggest that Aqua Kitty and Curses N Chaos will be PSTV compatibile. Clarification needed I suppose.

emb

Interesting Twitter rumblings:
Josh said:
That huge opportunity I tweeted about earlier looks positive so far. This will be a game changer - we'll be heroes if two of these happen.
Some extra info from replies: much bigger than Atelier, no hints in the tweet I quoted, probably about 6 months out if it happens.

Clive

Those were both given firm "no" in former Tweets :( Unless... unless they somehow changed their minds? Yakuza is the one that I don't understand the most, unless it has to do with the fact that LRG hasn't done a PS3 title (yet).

I'm pretty sure that the firm no was given by Nintendo/SEGAtlus for Fatal Frame, Caligula and Yakuza 5. It was not that LRG didn't want to do them, they were just flat out rejected in a very clear way.

Bigger than Atelier has to be either a bigger publisher than Koei Tecmo or some indie that is insanely well known/received. The Witness, Inside and stuff like that. They have already worked with some big indies after all like Firewatch, Shantae, Shadow Complex and Oddworld so big indies wouldn't be new to them.

Shinriji

Bigger than Atelier has to be either a bigger publisher than Koei Tecmo or some indie that is insanely well known/received.

Calling it now: not a vita game. Atelier séries is the vita Holy grail: Great games, physical elsewhere, huge file size. There isn't another game on vita that fullfill those conditions.

Clive

Calling it now: not a vita game. Atelier séries is the vita Holy grail: Great games, physical elsewhere, huge file size. There isn't another game on vita that fullfill those conditions.

I would say for example the Mana series is more well known than Atelier and from a bigger publisher. There are also many games that are available in Asia but not in America and LRG said they are open to those. Is the Atelier series really that popular? Obviously they warrant being localized but to me they kind of feel niche even within the JRPG community.

No one has said anything about the game they are talking about fulfilling any of those conditions either. I do share your belief that it will be for the PS4 though.

I'm also thinking this isn't a Vita game.

Unless they've struck some kind of deal with Square Enix. Adventures of Mana/Romancing SaGa 2 would probably fit the bill.

Talha

Supposedly you can stack games to ship together in Future LRGames from their most recent email, if true I wouldn't mind waiting for a big release and stacking all the smaller releases together

Shizuka

I appreciate the new option to hold orders to shop together, but if games aren't announced at least a month prior to the release, it'll be hard. Let's say I order a Vita release and nothing has been announced, should I expect another one is coming before another month? If not, did I hold the order for nothing? I think announcing games in a timely manner will be the next step in order to make this new feature really worth it to customers.

I regret not getting the Shantae Limited Run games now. I'm playing through 1/2 Genie Hero for the first time right now and REALLY like it. Looks like I might have to find them on eBay.

I think when you see our release of The Silver Case and the video we are going to put up right before it ships you will see why it took a little longer.

We didn't want it to look like a hobbyist made it or some Kickstarter reward. We wanted it to look like a game you would buy at retail.

I think when you see our release of The Silver Case and the video we are going to put up right before it ships you will see why it took a little longer.

We didn't want it to look like a hobbyist made it or some Kickstarter reward. We wanted it to look like a game you would buy at retail.

I really appreciate the effort you're putting into it. Sounds like it's been a hell of a "case", with the installer and box. Must have been really disappointing when the PS4 version was announced, but I am so grateful you guys stuck with it, anyway, and are striving to put out a quality product.

Thank you! :)

I'm patiently waiting for mine, and am more than willing to wait for a high quality product. That's why I purchased this. I got the game code already, so everything else is for collections sake.

Any other company would've just passed that shoddy product on to us, I'm very pleased you all are willing to take that hit to make sure a high quality product is sent out. I look forward to finding it on my doorstep!

I just got my Sharin no Kuni backerkit.

I'm guessing it's way too early to talk about any details, but any way you guys at LRG can give any info at all about what the deluxe box is? I'm trying to decide if I should toss in the extra money to upgrade to that version for the vita.

Olengie

I just got my Sharin no Kuni backerkit.

I'm guessing it's way too early to talk about any details, but any way you guys at LRG can give any info at all about what the deluxe box is? I'm trying to decide if I should toss in the extra money to upgrade to that version for the vita.

It is just a box

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Looking forward to it. Sounds good.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
According to the backerkit, its a nice looking box.

Its called PC/Vita game in a Deluxe Box. Lol

I added on a PC copy, and had to double check about the boxed version. Since my Vita boxed tier also came with an artbook and soundtrack, I assumed it would come inside of it. Didn't want doubles anyhow, so just opted for a standard copy. Oh, and add-ons cost separate shipping too... $9 more for a standard game, with like $10 on the boxed version... Hm, that doesn't seem right, maybe I'll ask them about it.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Video, huh? Mini documentary on the trials and tribulations of putting out The Silver Case as a deluxe PC boxed edition? Sounds cool.

Moofers

I have been going back and forth on getting Curses N Chaos but if it isn't PSTV compatible then that's an easy out for me.

I was going to say I hope LRG realizes how important PSTV is to a lot of people but then I remembered they pulled the "No true Scotsman" argument recently so I guess whatever. I mean eventually those handhelds are going to die and there won't be a good way to replace them. I don't know what's so hard to understand about wanting another option for playing our games, especially since most of us are collectors who hang onto stuff for years.

MW_Jimmy

I've just rechecked their website and its states those games are PSTV compatibile now. Just The Swapper that isn't, which must be a Curve digital thing. Supplying a version of the game without the compatibility must be extra work for Curve, so it's a bit rubbish, but I think given its a publisher there is obviously some business perspective for doing so.

I have been going back and forth on getting Curses N Chaos but if it isn't PSTV compatible then that's an easy out for me.

I was going to say I hope LRG realizes how important PSTV is to a lot of people but then I remembered they pulled the "No true Scotsman" argument recently so I guess whatever. I mean eventually those handhelds are going to die and there won't be a good way to replace them. I don't know what's so hard to understand about wanting another option for playing our games, especially since most of us are collectors who hang onto stuff for years.

We like PSTV!

It's up to the developers, though. A lot of times it was a patch that was added later and not in the build used for manufacturing. We can recommend they include PSTV functionality but ultimately it is their choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom