• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

The PSTV stuff was a ball Sony dropped really hard. Could have been a cool add on, but they made it opt-in instead of opt out. The way I imagine it, every game should just work. If it has touch screen controls? Too bad, then that bit won't work. From my (limited) experience few games really force you to use anything like that.

I'm sure there's a lot going on there that I don't understand though.

Moofers

We like PSTV!

It's up to the developers, though. A lot of times it was a patch that was added later and not in the build used for manufacturing. We can recommend they include PSTV functionality but ultimately it is their choice.

I'd heard that before, I guess I just thought based on those comments a little while ago that it wasn't a big priority for you guys. I'm not on the forums 100% of the time though so I might've totally missed any further elaboration you had on that. My bad!

Glad to hear Curses N Chaos will have the PSTV support. I think I'm back on board now (not that you were ever in jeopardy of not selling out anyway) so that's exciting. :)

I'd heard that before, I guess I just thought based on those comments a little while ago that it wasn't a big priority for you guys. I'm not on the forums 100% of the time though so I might've totally missed any further elaboration you had on that. My bad!

Glad to hear Curses N Chaos will have the PSTV support. I think I'm back on board now (not that you were ever in jeopardy of not selling out anyway) so that's exciting. :)

It's not a big priority in the sense that it's not a deal-breaker for us, but we do strongly suggest they add it if possible or later on.

We would prefer our release to be the end all be all version, but it's not always in our control.

Glad to have you back! =D

Moofers

It's not a big priority in the sense that it's not a deal-breaker for us, but we do strongly suggest they add it if possible or later on.

We would prefer our release to be the end all be all version, but it's not always in our control.

Glad to have you back! =D

Oh you guys never lost me. I was on the fence on that game anyway but PSTV support usually wins me over. I actually think you guys do great work and what you provide is a valuable service for hardcore fans and collectors. I've bought 4 or 5 games from you and each time it has shipped without issue and in excellent condition. I know from your twitter feeds that you get a lot of flack from customers (sometimes over really stupid shit) so I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you guys I appreciate what you do. Thanks!

PS- Guacamelee vita cart please. Also Bloodrayne Betrayal since you worked with WayForward already. Oh, and also Castle Crashers. And like 45 other games I love. Thanks! ;)

Kawika

Oh you guys never lost me. I was on the fence on that game anyway but PSTV support usually wins me over. I actually think you guys do great work and what you provide is a valuable service for hardcore fans and collectors. I've bought 4 or 5 games from you and each time it has shipped without issue and in excellent condition. I know from your twitter feeds that you get a lot of flack from customers (sometimes over really stupid shit) so I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you guys I appreciate what you do. Thanks!

PS- Guacamelee vita cart please. Also Bloodrayne Betrayal since you worked with WayForward already. Oh, and also Castle Crashers. And like 45 other games I love. Thanks! ;)

I am Johnny come lately on this thread but I think one of my favorite uses of the PSP Go is on my TV. I don't think I have ever played it the way it was intended. While the PSTV isn't perfect, there may be CFW that will make it easy to scale to clear resolutions. That said, I know the dev is ultimately responsible for this PSTV patch. It is in your interest as well as your customer's to have you remind the developers that this is a thing these niche group of phyiscal copy gamers desire.

I don't game on my PSTV a great deal because I do prefer the handheld, but for me it's all about future proofing.

I have a massive collection of Vita games. One day, my handhelds will die (hopefully never, but I have to be realistic). A home console is less likely to die, and I have a back up. Controllers may die, but I can just buy third party alternatives.

So to be able to play my Vita games in maybe 10 years time, like I play my PS2 or PS1 games, I'll need them to be PSTV compatible. So the more stuff that is compatible, the better in my eyes. It's not a deal-breaker, but still.

Squarehard

Details on combined shipping released,

"Add this item to your cart if you would like your shipment held. We will only hold shipments for a maximum of four weeks from purchase. We will not ship any orders containing this item until the four weeks are up or you request the shipment be released.

How this works:

Buy this item to have your initial order held
When you make new purchases open a support ticket within 24 hours at limitedrungames.freshdesk.com requesting to combine the order with your older held order. Make sure to include both the new and older order numbers! We will refund the shipping cost for the newest order, minus the consolidation fee*.
When you are ready to have your order shipped, open a support ticket at limitedrungames.freshdesk.com
If you don't contact us to have your order shipped, it will automatically be shipped after four weeks have passed.

Because this will need to manually tracked and the overhead and expense associated is very high, there is a fee attached to holding an order. This is to prevent abuse of holding orders as it will disrupt our shipping process if too many orders are held.

*Each order combined with your original will be subject to a $3.00 consolidation fee.

Orders can only be combined from the same account the original purchase was made.
We can not add this service to orders that do not contain this item. Please make sure it is present in any order you wish to be held.
We can not retroactively combine orders with past preorders."

The cost to add this item to the cart is $2.50.

I'm a bit conflicted, and surprised it's a lot more complicated than I had imagined. In the end it doesn't really feel like I'm saving much on shipping costs, and it feels as if they're doing us a favor to make it less shipments, rather than a perk.

Of course, it still seems like it'll save a little bit if you maximize the order limit, but not nearly as great as I thought it would be.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
This really helps frequent international customers though who have extraordinary shipping costs.

For US customers, doesn't really change things which is fine I suppose.
So that's $3 plus $2.50?

Ventara

Hmm, so if I want to combine 2 orders, I'll have to pay $8.50? 2 x $2.50 plus $3. Well, I guess it is cheaper, but not much better honestly.

how quick do these sell out? i need to get oxenfree but that time is early for me, kinda

It varies between 5 minutes to an hour. If you really want it, I'd suggest being ready at the exact time it goes up. If 10 AM EST doesn't work for you, there's a second batch at 6 PM EST.

Ventara

initial shipping charge + 2.50 + 3.00 .. for domestic, you only really save anything with games on 3 or 4 days.

But you have to add the item that withholds your order to both orders, so it's $5 for 2 orders. At least, that's what it sounds like from the wording.

Holding shipments is wildly time-consuming to pull off and keep track of so we had to set the fees such that it wouldn't get utilized more often than not. Die hard international fans will use this but it's my hope that we're only tracking 100 - 200 held orders at any given time. If the fees were too low or the process too easy, this would very quickly overwhelm us and negate any improvements we've made to shipping and fulfillment times.

If this is too time-consuming for us and proves difficult or problematic after a month, we may have to roll it back and rethink everything.

JDH

Holding shipments is wildly time-consuming to pull off and keep track of so we had to set the fees such that it wouldn't get utilized more often than not. Die hard international fans will use this but it's my hope that we're only tracking 100 - 200 held orders at any given time. If the fees were too low or the process too easy, this would very quickly overwhelm us and negate any improvements we've made to shipping and fulfillment times.

If this is too time-consuming for us and proves difficult or problematic after a month, we may have to roll it back and rethink everything.

I'll say it now. Coupon Codes. Give frequent International buyers a coupon code they can use to save on shipping. Ie: each order gives you like $3 or something to save on shipping for a future order. You can stack a few to essentially cut shipping costs over time.

I think this would work best. Yes I'll take a free code for the idea. :p

blacksark

So the price is 2,5$ extra for the first order and then 3$ fee per order until the 4th week right?Or the 3$ fee is for all other orders except the first one?

Clive

how quick do these sell out? i need to get oxenfree but that time is early for me, kinda

There are two batches. From the product page of Oxenfree:

"THIS GAME WILL BE ON SALE FRIDAY, JANUARY 27TH AT 10AM EASTERN TIME. A SECOND BATCH WILL BE AVAILABLE LATER IN THE SAME DAY AT 6PM EASTERN TIME."

I'll say it now. Coupon Codes. Give frequent International buyers a coupon code they can use to save on shipping. Ie: each order gives you like $3 or something to save on shipping for a future order. You can stack a few to essentially cut shipping costs over time.

I think this would work best. Yes I'll take a free code for the idea. :p

That idea makes no financial sense. Why should LRG eat the excess shipping cost and cut into their small profit margins just because international buyers don't want to pay what it actually costs to ship games to them?

That idea makes no financial sense. Why should LRG eat the excess shipping cost and cut into their small profit margins just because international buyers don't want to pay what it actually costs to ship games to them?

True. And who has time to input a code when they sell out in 2 minutes haha!

Larger businesses are able to suck up the shipping costs; we already know LRG are tiny. I'd love to keep grabbing the Vita lineup, but sadly the reality of personal budget kicks in. Still, good luck to those steadfast in their collection. I'll just grab something every now and then.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Details on the loyalty rewards from their latest email. I don't think this had been mentioned unless I missed it.

When you receive your purchases in the mail from this run you'll notice our new customer loyalty program tickets in your shipment. These tickets can be redeemed for mail-order prizes when you've collected enough.

JDH

The more I think it through, the more I realize what you're saying and agree. The way it's implemented now isn't going to work though. I'll probably suck up the costs and just order separately and not combine anything.

Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX (PS4/Vita) and Oxenfree (PS4) Countdowns:
First Batch
t1485529200z1.png

Second Batch
t1485558000z1.png

Saoshyant

Have the Stranger's Wrath cards been printed and distributed yet? I kind of expected them to have arrived with my Lone Survivor parcel.

Clive

Think I'm down for Oxenfree. How is "Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX"? I mean is it actually a good game or just some meme thing?

It's a competent Defender clone with good controls, competent mechanics and a nice sense of detail. It's a good game but maybe not a must-play for those not into shmups and Defender-style games. Definitely not some cheap meme cash-in game either way.

OverQ

Roughly how long do LRG take to dispatch the games after ordering? I've never ordered from them and I'm trying to get a rough idea of how long a title will take to get to the UK.

It's a competent Defender clone with good controls, competent mechanics and a nice sense of detail. It's a good game but maybe not a must-play for those not into shmups and Defender-style games. Definitely not some cheap meme cash-in game either way.

Thanks.

Roughly how long do LRG take to dispatch the games after ordering? I've never ordered from them and I'm trying to get a rough idea of how long a title will take to get to the UK.

I'm in Belgium, put in 14 orders so far at LRG and in my experience it takes 9 work days (not counting Saturdays and Sundays) on average to get your LRG package, after you get the shipping notification. Sometimes getting that notification can quite a while too. Just to be clear: a shipping notification doesn't mean they've actually shipped/dispatched your package to the distribution center. It basically means that a shipping label was printed.

So don't count on getting it fast. I would say between 1 and 2 weeks. Allthough they are working on improving delivery.

takoyaki

Got my order in.

Pretty excited for Oxenfree, it was one of my favorite games last year and it's the first time that I ordered two copies of the same game from LRG :)

Did anyone else have a bug with the AQUA KITTY Vita version counter not stopping at zero?

Shizuka

Oxenfree bought without problems. Now I just need to contact the LRG helpdesk to tell them that I want to hold the order...

For them to hold your order, you just have to order the game along with the $2.50 add-on and wait for the next release you want before contacting them.

If you didn't add the specific holding add-on, they won't hold it for you.

THE-JUV

just ordered oxenfree and aquakitty, anyone know how you choose the option to have them hold it for the next order so they can ship together? I didn't want to risk not getting the games so I just went ahead with the purchase and completed the order since I couldnt find the option some people we're mentioning earlier

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom