• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemisis0

Would be all over a ff7 ps4 release with a white background and 3d shiny title like the original, will also probebly sell out within seconds. Hoping it might happen one day..

Plus art book and cloth map of the world map.

i-Jest

Today is Sega's turn, only two of there left!

img_0943jiumx.jpg

Yeah, Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition is on my import list. I've lost all hope of seeing that get localized. Once I get other games crossed off the list, I'm getting the Vita version first. It's to bad the two additional characters aren't free. I might go without them, but I like my fighting games to have complete rosters.

Would be all over a ff7 ps4 release with a white background and 3d shiny title like the original, will also probebly sell out within seconds. Hoping it might happen one day..

Plus art book and cloth map of the world map.

Considering Lost Sphear, I imagine any physical release would the SE online store exclusive.

Considering Lost Sphear, I image any physical release would the SE online store exclusive.

Yeah... pretty hilarious scenario to think about though. There would be a bottomless ocean of salt on the internet if PS4 Final Fantasy VII was an LRG release with just a few thousand copies and no pre-order.

I could picture even IGN getting wind of it after the fact and suddenly the guys on Game Scoop start sounding like one of those retro game youtubers complaining about LRG and scalpers being bad for the community.

Yeah... pretty hilarious scenario to think about though. There would be a bottomless ocean of salt on the internet if PS4 Final Fantasy VII was an LRG release with just a few thousand copies and no pre-order.

I could picture even IGN getting wind of it after the fact and suddenly the guys on Game Scoop start sounding like one of those retro game youtubers complaining about LRG and scalpers being bad for the community.

We already joked about FFVII and what if we actually got it?!

It would be no less than 20,000 units, that was our agreement internally.

Obviously still probably not nearly enough but also obviously never going to happen anyway! :p

We already joked about FFVII and what if we actually got it?!

It would be no less than 20,000 units, that was our agreement internally.

Obviously still probably not nearly enough but also obviously never going to happen anyway! :p

Oh yeah, for sure, I know you guys would do way more copies for a release that big, but imagining a maximum salt hypothetical is just really funny.

sixteen-bit is probably right, but never say never.

hawk2025

Risk of Rain bundle out for delivery!

Anyone received it yet? Do we know if there are inserts/manuals?

A physical bestiary would be so good.

Olengie

I recommend playing Battle SEED Destiny either way. One of my favorite games on the Vita of all time and it is very easy to play, with a detailed walkthrough to boot. Enjoyability depends on how much you like Gundam SEED and if you know the story.

I would have loved to get another game like this one for the Vita with a focus on another series or something similar. But at least we got Macross Delta Scramble as title similar to it

Jimm

Ahh Tales of Innocence. I remember buying Hearts and thinking damn this is a rad game I hope Innocence is next up... :'(

I could see Innocence R working since you could use the fan translation as a base. The others, not so much - Super Robot Wars is a two-part game with tonnes of text that's a three-quel to a series we never got in the west etc. Madoka Magicka was crap from what I played of it. I'd like Gundam though.

So, where do we go from here? Lists are done now, how do we push forward?

I think the thing I realised about all of Shiz's lists is that there are some great games out there that need localizing, but nearly everything available on Vita at least is text-heavy which would require a significant time/resource investment. I can't find the tweet, but iirc Josh said they wanted text-light games for their first few titles as they eased in to localizations (stuff like action games; SHMUPs)

As much as I'd love... nearly everything that has been listed, I can't see many of them being viable in reality. At least not yet - maybe in future once LRG have been in the localization market a bit longer (but will Vita stuff be viable by that point?)

Best suggestions I could see actually happening were some more already-translated VN's (Flowers was one right?) or Neo Atlas 1469, another game which would require little work.

I enjoyed your list of dream releases Shizuka. Did anyone play Macross Delta Scramble on Vita? How was it?

A lot of fun, just a little lacking in content without the free DLC update (which you can't get without a Japanese/Asian account).

takoyaki

All the games that have been brought up as suggestions for a LRG Localization (excluding Fata Morgana), let me know if I forgot something:

• Luminous Arc INFINITY
  • Uppers
  • Net High
  • IA/VT -colorful-
  • Eiyuu*Senki The World Conquest
  • Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate / Meikyuu Cross Blood
  • Chaos;Head Dual
  • Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- Death or Kiss
  • Ozmafia
  • A Clockwork Leyline
  • Chusingura 46+1
  • Idol Death Game TV
  • Omega Labyrinth
  • Storm Lover V
  • Nightshade
  • Ukiyo no Roushi
  • Kenka Bancho Otome
  • Kamaitachi no Yoru: Rinne Saisei
  • Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11 Hitome no Suspect
  • Taisho x Alice: All in One
  • Flowers
  • Clannad
  • Himawari
  • Fuuraiki 3
  • Hero Must Die
  • Special Report Division
  • Shin Hayarigami 1
  • Shin Hayarigami 2
  • Great Edo Blacksmith
  • YU-NO Remake
  • Island
  • The Princess is Money-Hungry
  • EVE: Burst Error R
  • Neo Atlas 1469
  • Raging Loop
  • Desire Remastered
  • Ao no Kiseki Evolution [Trails to Azure]
  • Zero no Kiseki Evolution[Trails to Zero]
  • Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution [The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter]
  • Sora no Kiseki SC Evolution [The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter]
  • Sora no Kiseki 3rd Evolution [The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd]
  • Ebikore + Amagami
  • PhotoKano Kiss
  • Reco Love Gold Beach
  • Reco Love Blue Ocean
  • Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
  • Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua]
  • Dungeon Travelers 2-2 Yamiochi no Otomo to Hajimari no Sho
  • To Heart 2 Dungeon Travelers
  • White Album 2
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris
  • Utagumi 575
  • Miracle Girls Festival
  • Dengeki Bunko: Ignition - Fighting Climax Max
  • Daisanshi Super Robot Taisen Z
  • Tales of Innocence R
  • Madoka Magika The Battle Pentagram
  • Gandam Seed Battle Destiny
  • Himouto! Umaru-chan Himouto Ikusei Keikak
  • Girls & Panzer: Senshado Kiwamemasu!

edit:
  • Shiin [Death Mark]
  • Moe Crystal
  • Robotics;Note
  • Exstetra
  • Assault Gunners
  • Spelunker Collection
  • Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils
  • Wizardry 囚われし魂の迷宮 フルパック [Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls (full pack)]
  • Wizardry 囚われし亡霊の街 フルパック [unlocalized sequel to LoLS (full pack)]
  • Airship Q [already available as Asian release with English localization]
  • Rabi Laby: Puzzle Out Stories

Does anyone have a game to add that's not listed right now? Any last-minute suggestions?

takoyaki

So, where do we go from here? Lists are done now, how do we push forward?

my suggestion would be:

1) Check if anyone still has a game to add that's not listed right now

2) Depending on how may people are interested, a poll might be overkill. It might be better if everyone interested just posts their top pics.

3) I think it's good that Shizuka made wish-lists to show LRG and co. what's out there, but I agree with Kresnik that most of them aren't happening anytime soon. So how about a system where everyone picks 1-3 games that could potentially happen and 1-3 dream games, just in case (who would have thought we'd get 428 or The Silver Case after all). So a long, unlocalized VN with known rights issues could be your no.1 dream game while it's omitted from your more down-to-earth selections.

4) [No.1: 3 points, No.2: 2 points, No.3: 1 point]

5) Maybe we find three consensus games after a couple of rounds that get a lot of votes. If we check back in a week and have 30 games with 1-3 points each, we might try something else ;)

6) Photoshop time for GAF's Top3 Picks!

NR1

What the likelyhood of porting over not only the Japanese exclusive Ace Attorney titles but also the local digital only games too? Bring them to PSP and an HD version to PS4!

takoyaki

What the likelyhood of porting over not only the Japanese exclusive Ace Attorney titles but also the local digital only games too? Bring them to PSP and an HD version to PS4!

Nintendo would be the problem with games like AA5&6 since they don't allow small print runs like Sony does with PS4/Vita right now. If that changes, an LRG release would be a fanastic idea imo!

Rright now, LRG are thinking about localizing an existing game. A port would be even even more expensive and Capcom has shown no intention of porting the AA series to a Sony system.

Shizuka

All the games that have been brought up as suggestions for a LRG Localization (excluding Fata Morgana), let me know if I forgot something:

• Luminous Arc INFINITY
  • Uppers
  • Net High
  • IA/VT -colorful-
  • Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate
  • Chaos;Head Dual
  • Ozmafia
  • A Clockwork Leyline
  • Chusingura 46+1
  • Idol Death Game TV
  • Omega Labyrinth
  • Storm Lover V
  • Nightshade
  • Ukiyo no Roushi
  • Kenka Bancho Otome
  • Flowers
  • Clannad
  • Himawari
  • Fuuraiki 3
  • Hero Must Die
  • Shin Hayarigami 1
  • Shin Hayarigami 2
  • Great Edo Blacksmith
  • YU-NO Remake
  • Island
  • Neo Atlas 1469
  • Raging Loop
  • Desire Remastered
  • Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution [The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter]
  • Sora no Kiseki SC Evolution [The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter]
  • Sora no Kiseki 3rd Evolution [The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd]
  • Ebikore + Amagami
  • PhotoKano Kiss
  • Reco Love Gold Beach
  • Reco Love Blue Ocean
  • Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
  • White Album 2
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris
  • Utagumi 575
  • Miracle Girls Festival
  • Tales of Innocence R

Does anyone have a game to add that’s not listed right now? Any last-minute suggestions?

I'd add Shiin, Moe Crystal and Robotics;Note.

emb

Nintendo would be the problem with games like AA5&6 since they don't allow small print runs like Sony does with PS4/Vita right now. If that changes, an LRG release would be a fanastic idea imo!

Rright now, LRG are thinking about localizing an existing game. A port would be even even more expensive and Capcom has shown no intention of porting the AA series to a Sony system.
We had a thread a while back about Nintendo's minimum order quantities, and if that info is true at all, the minimums (6k) are well under what a popular game like an AA would do (though maybe the region stuff still causes fishy issues?). It's only on the high end for a lot of the more obscure types of games that LRG usually publishes. The impression I got from recent comments though, was just that Ninty doesn't want to work with LRG for whatever reason.

The bigger issue with AA would probably be Capcom. If they were willing to publish physically, seems like they'd do it themselves. Which really prompts the question, why aren't they willing to do it? And I have no idea; they know fans want it.

takoyaki

I'd add Shiin, Moe Crystal and Robotics;Note.

thanks, added to the initial list. I thought about Shiin as well, no idea what Experience's plans are for that one since it just came out in Japan, could be a great get for LRG imo.

We had a thread a while back about Nintendo's minimum order quantities, and if that info is true at all, the minimums (6k) are well under what a popular game like an AA would do (though maybe the region stuff still causes fishy issues?). It's only on the high end for a lot of the more obscure types of games that LRG usually publishes. The impression I got from recent comments though, was just that Ninty doesn't want to work with LRG for whatever reason.

The bigger issue with AA would probably be Capcom. If they were willing to publish physically, seems like they'd do it themselves. Which really prompts the question, why aren't they willing to do it? And I have no idea; they know fans want it.
Interesting, thanks. I thought it would be closer to that rumored 50k number for Xbox games.

Shinriji

Does anyone have a game to add that’s not listed right now? Any last-minute suggestions?

The Wizardry games, Assault Gunners, Extetra, Bunny must Die, Spelunker Collection.

Square Enix games are out of limits>

With Koei-Tecmo seemingly done with Vita in the west (no Blue Reflection; no Musou Stars; no Samurai Warriors; likely no Nights of Azure 2), are they seriously going to be receptive to working out a distribution deal with LRG for their Atelier titles?

I feel like the dream has died :(

takoyaki

The Wizardry games, Assault Gunners, Extetra, Bunny must Die, Spelunker Collection.

Square Enix games are out of limits>

edit: my bad, didn't know all of them were available on JP PSN already. Added to the list.

Which Wizardry games do you mean other than ‘Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls'?

edit2: thanks Shizuka, had to look it up on JP PSN. So there's 4 Wizardry games with different versions listed:

Wizardry トータルパック [Wizardry Total Pack]

ウィザードリィ エンパイアIII ~覇王の系譜 [Wizardry EMPIRE III Ancestry of the Emperor]

Wizardry 囚われし魂の迷宮 フルパック [Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls]

Wizardry 囚われし亡霊の街 フルパック [unlocalized sequel to LoLS]

Shizuka

edit: my bad, didn't know all of them were available on JP PSN already. Added to the list.

Which Wizardry games do you mean other than ‘Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls’?

There is a sequel to LoLS that was never localized. Both LoLS and the sequel came out for the Vita in Japan.

i-Jest

• Luminous Arc INFINITY
  • Uppers
  • Net High
  • IA/VT -colorful-
  • Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate
  • Chaos;Head Dual
  • Ozmafia
  • A Clockwork Leyline
  • Chusingura 46+1
  • Idol Death Game TV
  • Omega Labyrinth
  • Storm Lover V
  • Nightshade
  • Ukiyo no Roushi
  • Kenka Bancho Otome
  • Flowers
  • Clannad
  • Himawari
  • Fuuraiki 3
  • Hero Must Die
  • Shin Hayarigami 1
  • Shin Hayarigami 2
  • Great Edo Blacksmith
  • YU-NO Remake
  • Island
  • Neo Atlas 1469
  • Raging Loop
  • Desire Remastered
  • Ebikore + Amagami
  • PhotoKano Kiss
  • Reco Love Gold Beach
  • Reco Love Blue Ocean
  • Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
  • White Album 2
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris
  • Utagumi 575
  • Miracle Girls Festival
  • Tales of Innocence R

edit:
  • Shiin [Death Mark]
  • Moe Crystal
  • Robotics;Note
  • Exstetra
  • Assault Gunners
  • Spelunker Collection
  • Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils
  • Wizardry 囚われし魂の迷宮 フルパック [Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls (full pack)]
  • Wizardry 囚われし亡霊の街 フルパック [unlocalized sequel to LoLS (full pack)]

Meikyuu Cross Blood, if it's not to text heavy. I might add a few others.

Joe Molotov

I'm not really interested in it because I already bought an Asian English for ~$10 and it wasn't really my bag anyway, but wouldn't Airship Q be an easy pick up for LRG? The localization is already done and people seem to eat that sandbox shit up.

Moofers

With Koei-Tecmo seemingly done with Vita in the west (no Blue Reflection; no Musou Stars; no Samurai Warriors; likely no Nights of Azure 2), are they seriously going to be receptive to working out a distribution deal with LRG for their Atelier titles?

I feel like the dream has died :(

Yeah it sure feels like they are done over here, so why not work with LRG so the few of us who care can get our games and be happy? I'd even buy Nights of Azure 1 on Vita if they let LRG do it since we only saw it on PS4 here.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it sure feels like they are done over here, so why not work with LRG so the few of us who care can get our games and be happy? I'd even buy Nights of Azure 1 on Vita if they let LRG do it since we only saw it on PS4 here.

The niche publishers are dropping out... Only IF, NISAn and Atlus left doing them. XSEED is kind of bowing out too. My prediction on 2018 being the year with Vita slowing down roughly (except for 1-2 publishers and limited runs).

Would be nice if KT continues to make some LEs through NISA, and partners with LRG for the rest.

Shizuka

The niche publishers are dropping out... Only IF, NISAn and Atlus left doing them. XSEED is kind of bowing out too. My prediction on 2018 being the year with Vita slowing down roughly (except for 1-2 publishers and limited runs).

Would be nice if KT continues to make some LEs through NISA, and partners with LRG for the rest.

You forgot the biggest supporters, Aksys and PQube.

Shinriji

Thank you for posting all these nice suggestions, Shizuka. But the list is also pretty depressing. Time to learn japanese.

The reality is that vita was gifted with most relevant JP output all these years (not even counting the recent movement of asian english releases). This LRG list have some gems, but it's nothing like the PS1, PS2 and PSP eras, when almost all the good stuff stayed in Japan.

The reality is that vita was gifted with most relevant JP output all these years (not even counting the recent movement of asian english releases). This LRG list have some gems, but it's nothing like the PS1, PS2 and PSP eras, when almost all the good stuff stayed in Japan.

That's true, though.

test_account

XP-39C²
Have anyone, mainly from Europe, recieved all their copies of Mutant Mudds yet? Thing is, i recieved my PS4 copy of Mutant Mudds Deluxe two weeks ago, but havnt gotten any of the other copies yet (ordered all four). All copies have been shipped too.

EDIT: Only one of the shipments is also trackable from what i can tell. The package hasnt left the US yet, so i'm not worried about that. The others have "#parcelConnect Priority DDU PQW".

That's actually an interesting suggestion. I mean, I have no idea what the actual logistics of it are, but if LRG are after easy localizations, why not go after one of the sea of games that have released but skipped Vita? I mean, even with Koei-Tecmo alone you've got Blue Reflection & Nights of Azure, both of which I'm willing to bet they'd manage to find a good 5-10k buying base for.

But I've no idea how possible that would be.

I'm not really interested in it because I already bought an Asian English for ~$10 and it wasn't really my bag anyway, but wouldn't Airship Q be an easy pick up for LRG? The localization is already done and people seem to eat that sandbox shit up.

I don't think it's an "easy pickup", mainly because the English subtitles are in a patch. Which means they would most likely need to make a new build to include them in the rom. Which means additional work, which costs money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom