• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug was talking about signing another SHMUP, so maybe Jamestown?

Jamestown is pretty good. I'd own it on disc because it's a shmup.

Sine Mora would be awesome, and it's Vita only... but EX is getting a Switch physical release, and devs/publishers who are riding high in greener pastures usually ain't got time for Vita and under 5K copies. I have been wrong about unobtainable ivory towers before, though... ie: Oddworld Inhabitants, Doublefine.

Both, please.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Jamestown is pretty good. I'd own it on disc because it's a shmup.

Sine Mora would be awesome, and it's Vita only... but EX is getting a Switch physical release, and devs/publishers who are riding high in greener pastures usually ain't got time for Vita and under 5K copies. I have been wrong about unobtainable ivory towers before, though... ie: Oddworld Inhabitants, Doublefine.

Both, please.

I'd be so jazzed for Sine Mora (not available in my region). Such a shame EX isn't coming to Vita.

hawk2025

Game is great, but cheap and super short. Paying 40 dollar (25 with 15 shipping) to have it physical is the first nono for me.

I don't like the road LRG took. Hopefully they return to bigger games, or lower their price alot with these small games.

The games they are signing and releasing are bigger than ever.

hawk2025

Regardless of your opinion on quality, the current and future slate has objectively many more bigger games than the first year of LRG.

Shizuka

It's time for the Legend of Heroes Evolution titles!

img_094069urp.jpg

I'd be so jazzed for Sine Mora (not available in my region). Such a shame EX isn't coming to Vita.

Or even just PS4, but you know, when Nintendo really gets in their bag, they can lock a lot of stuff down and keep it under their wing, like Cave Story was... or how Binding of Isaac left us behind a long time ago.

Aside from being really cool and a shmup, a physical copy of even regular Sine Mora on Vita would be nice just because the filesize is on the heftier side.

Shizuka

I'm pretty sure Aokage posted these on the last page, but either way, I'd pay good money to the localized version of these game.

Yup, he did, which is why I made a joke about people stealing my future suggestions. I have all images ready, sharing one per day, I didn't want to waste the suggestion and just kept it going.

By the way, Dariusburst would be as big of a mess as the Evolution titles, it's handled by Chara Ani and two other companies just the same, and that didn't stop LRG from doing it. It wouldn't be easy, but I don't think it'd be impossible. Worst case scenario, DotEmu ports them and LRG makes the physical prints.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I'm pretty sure Aokage posted these on the last page, but either way, I'd pay good money to the localized version of these game.

Shizuka gets to post whatever Shizuka darn well pleases X3

Edit: Ooh, Slain physical looks nice indeed. Should be coming in the mail soon enough.

Worst case scenario, DotEmu ports them and LRG makes the physical prints.

This is honestly the only possibility anyone should be hoping for. We will never see anything official for the Evo games in the West. Not even sure why anyone would want Sky Evo, when for all intents and purposes, it is a downgrade from the original (especially compared to what we have on PC).

It's also nice that suggestions keep being posted, but I honestly think expectations need to be reigned it when it comes to just what we could expect from them. It's one thing to hope for a smaller scale game that has little text (like a shmup), which could potentially be considered a success even with a smaller print number behind it and whatever it manages to do digitally. It's another thing to be seriously considering the possibility of them doing a large scale Vita only VN. There is no way they'd see enough sales to warrant some of these suggestions.

By the way, Dariusburst would be as big of a mess as the Evolution titles, it's handled by Chara Ani and two other companies just the same, and that didn't stop LRG from doing it. It wouldn't be easy, but I don't think it'd be impossible. Worst case scenario, DotEmu ports them and LRG makes the physical prints.

Perhaps we were all played by Tom and XSEED and the licencing web isn't as bad as we think. Still, the Evo games have loads of new VA, it's Chara Ani/Pyramid/Kadokawa/Falcom involved so I can believe it.

The Dotemu thing I could believe more, but I have to wonder how much more Vita porting they'll do. Weren't both Windjammers and Ys spearheaded by Gio? Who knows how much longer he'll be allowed to handle Vita stuff.

(Also, if they're porting old Falcom games, I'd rather have Ark of Napishtim than TiTs 1 & 2 since I can already get them on Vita).

Sondar

My Vita copies were shipped the 24th. Ordered the second they went live.

This is my Mutant Mudds tracking so far.

Shipment History :

Event Date Event Time Event Detail Event City
5/20/2017 5:46 AM Parcel Data Received, Shipment In Route To US Export Warehouse

oldmario

got my copy of slain today and now i can see the complaints about LRG being copied too much, game has a number on the spine with both the Vita runs and total runs and then there's the logo of the company on a postcard

main complaints about it tho is the box is too thin, it's a struggle to get everything back whilst trying to avoid damaging anything and the cd case could've been a standard plastic one since i hate the cardboard fold over cases with a passion

i-Jest

I wanted to say there is gonna be a translation patch for FC Evolution soon, but...

...it's actually already out since yesterday apparantly! :D

So if you're desperate (like me), you can grab that JP copy now.

Would I need a Vita with CFW or old firmware to run the patch?

got my copy of slain today and now i can see the complaints about LRG being copied too much, game has a number on the spine with both the Vita runs and total runs and then there's the logo of the company on a postcard

You would actually expect people to be happy when competitors copy things that LRG does right, wouldn't you? Imagine what those same people would say when the competition didn't copy LRG?

Did we know that Broken Age is going to be $30?

Don't think so, but I'm ok with $30.

On another note, I wouldn't have minded a cover variant for Deemo.

Shizuka

You would actually expect people to be happy when competitors copy things that LRG does right, wouldn't you? Imagine what those same people would say when the competition didn't copy LRG?

The thing is that when a lot of people are copying what you're doing, it's no longer special or unique. That's what Limited Run Games has been striving for, which explains why they're changing a few things for the future.

hawk2025

No more cover variants, IMO.

The increased competition means they need to increase the value, not add more burden to loyal customers.

Reversible covers, better inserts (my color manuals and maps!), bonuses, original art.

I understand that lots of people don't want slipcovers or steelbooks, but there's still plenty that can be done inside the box.

I'm still bummed that not only did the Mutant Mudds situation lead to a separate box for Super Challenge, but both were also completely lean. What happened to the Xeodrifter approach to add value to smaller games? :(

Shizuka

I think the Mutant Mudds releases, paired with Curve Digital titles at the end of 2016, showed how smaller titles must be dealt with a different approach.

hawk2025

I think the Mutant Mudds releases, paired with Curve Digital titles at the end of 2016, showed how smaller titles must be dealt with a different approach.

Agreed.

I want them, don't get me wrong, but I want something to make them feel special.

Xeodrifter worked for me exactly because it felt like it was a product of love. Mutant Mudds felt like they plopped generic blown-up art on the cover and called it a day. I know it wasn't that, of course, but it sure looks like it.

Think of Stealth Inc 2, which I really hope is coming: It needs a full map of the open world, for example. Something that makes you think "this package was actually designed around the game it contains".

No more cover variants, IMO.

The increased competition means they need to increase the value, not add more burden to loyal customers.

I meant a different cover vs the Asian release, if that wasn't clear.

Not sure how that would put a burden on loyal customers.

I'm still bummed that not only did the Mutant Mudds situation lead to a separate box for Super Challenge, but both were also completely lean. What happened to the Xeodrifter approach to add value to smaller games? :(

Profit maximalisation on the developer's side most likely. I don't think this is how LRG would've wanted it.

hawk2025

I meant a different cover vs the Asian release, if that wasn't clear.

Not sure how that would put a burden on loyal customers.

Profit maximalisation on the developer's side most likely. I don't think this is how LRG would've wanted it.

Ah, I didn't realize the cover was the same as the Asian release. Absolutely, it should have been different.

I suppose it makes sense from the developer's perspective to make it as lean as possible if they expect it will sell out either way.

But LRG holds the long-run incentives here, and I think they need to leverage that IMO.

oldmario

i didn't mean it that way, i mean like the eastasiasoft approach was a bit more original with the box, soundtrack and COA individually numbered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom