• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacksark

Glad you're enjoying! Today's NIS turn - Fuuraiki 3, Hero Must Die, Special Report Division and Shin Hayarigami.

img_0937k7u28.jpg

I love your work :3.

I also think that we should use this to say the ones we'll like the most, and although I find almost all of them very interesting, I would like to see Fata Morgana, Hero Must die, Clannad(although I saw someone was already doing that one) and net high(top ones)

Those are coming back!

some releases we couldn't get art approval for or the dev said no to any inserts.

That sucks :( Why would they not want to do it. Even something basic like a folded poster of the cover art would be appreciated a lot by me at least. Anyway thanks for the update.

Still unsure if ill be able to manage Broken age PSV+PS4 + Deemo. Worst case Deemo gets cut as I own the asia one. Broken age is high priority! So happy to be able to buy it physically.

takoyaki

A couple of interesting games to add to the ones previously listed, let's keep the conversation going:

5pb: The YU-NO Remake (if the leaked Western release was wrong)

5pb: Robotics;Notes Elite (does anyone know why this one hasn't been localized yet, seems like the logical next step after Steins & Co.? Rights issues?)

Prototype: Island

Nippon Ichi Software: The Princess is Money-Hungry

Bonus:

EVE: Burst Error R (developed by El Dia and published by RED FLAGSHIP co.,Ltd.; 2016 remake of a classic VN)

Neo Atlas 1469 (developed and published by Artdink; this one is interesting since it got a Western release on steam and an unlocalized Vita version in Japan. Destructoid liked it 7.5/10)

Raging Loop (レイジングループ) (a horror VN developed by Kemco, digital-only so far in Japan on PS4/Vita, also available on smartphones)

Shizuka

You guys are stealing my future suggestions!
Just kidding, it's great to see how I'm not the only one who can see potential for the future.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Just kidding, it's great to see how I'm not the only one who can see potential for the future.

Awww! Sorry about that!

I do so love that, until September, the -entire- Kiseki series can be played on Vita, though. Likely the only portable that will ever be the case for.

takoyaki

haha, sorry about that! didn’t mean to step on your toes either ;)

I thought you might be finished with your lists, how many do you have planned?

I just want to double check, its okay to have multiple orders on hold right? I currently have Risk of Rain on hold, I plan on sending Broken Age on hold too and then shipping both together with Furi.

Neo Atlas 1469 (developed and published by Artdink; this one is interesting since it got a Western release on steam and an unlocalized Vita version in Japan. Destructoid liked it 7.5/10)

That's it. Like, literally, I think this is the game that should be up next. It's perfect for LRG - in that it's not actually a localization, just a contract negotiation between Artdink and ASW. A game already in English from a publisher that might actually be receptive to working with LRG (i.e. not Koei Tecmo with Nights of Azure or Square Enix with I am Setsuna), I reckon Artdink would definitely be up for making a small amount more money with it. They already licence out their A-Train games to companies like Natsume.

LRG could still work on an actual localization on the side, but they said they wanted to start with fairly easy stuff and this one is probably the easiest!

Omggggg. I've wanted this game for ages and gave up hope after ASW only announced the PC version, but this is perfect. Aokage, please help!

EVE: Burst Error R (developed by El Dia and published by RED FLAGSHIP co.,Ltd.; 2016 remake of a classic VN)

No love for Desire Remastered too?

I would take either (but I'd rather have Desire).

Isn't it because of the Kadakawa shared license why they don't exist?

Yep, there's a licencing web that XSEED couldn't get through (back when they still liked Vita) between Kadokawa; Chara-Ani and Falcom. No way LRG are getting through that, no offence :p

blacksark

Vita has no games(just kidding), but I have 100 games and would love to see almost all games mentioned (with few exceptions) released. The playstation vita has been such a fantastic console.

Aokage

Yep, there's a licencing web that XSEED couldn't get through (back when they still liked Vita) between Kadokawa; Chara-Ani and Falcom. No way LRG are getting through that, no offence :p

Wonder why NISA can't crack it? They have God Wars, after all.

Oh well!

WAIT A MINUTE NISA HAS KADOKAWA.

Jeez. Silly me.

That means they have The Lost Child, which means it's probably also on Switch...

You need to wait a week (being generous) for data. A few days isnt enough. Also if the game is under 5k, the numbers aren't accurate but it is under 5k.

That doesn't mean it would sell badly as a LRG release though. I can't find the quote right now but iirc Breach & Clear had sold like 1k digitally on Vita before they did the physical release and that sold out in seconds. They should be able to get a decent amount shifted.

WAIT A MINUTE NISA HAS KADOKAWA.

Jeez. Silly me.

That means they have The Lost Child, which means it's probably also on Switch...

I suspect it means it's PC if it comes west, and digital-only on Vita.

Kadokawa would've announced a Switch port when they announced the game if it was happening.

NISA will get it ported to the Switch.

If it was an internal title, sure, but I've never seen them handle a console port before and I'm not sure what they'd have to do to get Kadokawa to agree to it.

(That is if they're even interested in the game. They have plenty of gridders on their plate right now).

Aokage

If it was an internal title, sure, but I've never seen them handle a console port before and I'm not sure what they'd have to do to get Kadokawa to agree to it.

(That is if they're even interested in the game. They have plenty of gridders on their plate right now).

I'd be amazed if the game didn't end up on Switch eventually. I'll ask Sawaki, ha ha.

Got my copy of Strafe from SRG and must say I'm really disappointed:

- No barcode
- There's a big & fat NOT FOR RESALE text on the back of the box

Why on earth would they do that? It makes it look like a cheap promo copy. :(

Not to mention that I got a loose disc. And I only thought LRG ships PS4 games with loose discs. ;-)

takoyaki

I dunno if arc system works would want to fragment the fanbase for Neo Atlas after it sold this much on Steam - Owners: 2,031 ± 1,622

The Steam release had a few things going against it: Late announcement & zero marketing, no one knew it was out & Steam curation sucks, 3 reviews so far on MC, Steam version is just a port of a Vita game that seems like a better fit for a handheld (just look at the menus, HUD layout, etc.), not sure about this but I would argue that Artdink fans are more on consoles/handhelds and I personally associate them mainly with Playstation.

I'm not gonna argue that it would magically sell 50k units on Vita, but a proper LRG release would help remedy many of the problems: LRG certainly know how to get the word out, all of their releases have sold out so far, Vita fans give quirky niche games a fair chance and we aren't drowning in games like Steam users, ...

And best of all, it's actually a really fun, well-made game that offers a fresh experience and could have wider appeal.

That's it. Like, literally, I think this is the game that should be up next. It's perfect for LRG - in that it's not actually a localization, just a contract negotiation between Artdink and ASW. A game already in English from a publisher that might actually be receptive to working with LRG (i.e. not Koei Tecmo with Nights of Azure or Square Enix with I am Setsuna), I reckon Artdink would definitely be up for making a small amount more money with it. They already licence out their A-Train games to companies like Natsume.

LRG could still work on an actual localization on the side, but they said they wanted to start with fairly easy stuff and this one is probably the easiest!

I think you're right. Out of all the games mentioned since Fata Morgana, this one seems like it has the most realistic chance of happening for the reasons you mentioned. Would be a cool LRG release imo :)

No love for Desire Remastered too?

I would take either (but I'd rather have Desire).

Interesting, didn't know about this one! I've actually never played an El Dia game, just knew about them from the long-running Burst Error series.

joe2187

Banned
So this was on twitter

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/870288925667012609

And so looking at their original wishlist

TowerFall
Cosmic Star Heroine
Broken Age
Axiom Verge
Apotheon
Frozen Synapse Prime
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Divekick
Race the Sun
Pier Solar
Don't Starve
Hotline Miami 2?
Rogue Legacy
Guacamelee
Transistor
Octodad
Mercenary Kings
Dragon Fantasy Book II
Dragon Fantasy Book I
Spelunky
Teslagrad
Bastion
Jamestown+
Hand of Fate
Titan Souls
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture
Galak-Z
Costume Quest 2
Hatoful Boyfriend

Hyper Light Drifter
Magicka 2
The Escapists
Not A Hero
Energy Hook
Banner Saga?
Salt and Sanctuary
Night in the Woods
Broforce
Samurai Gunn
Screencheat
Enter the Gungeon
Armikrog
SteamWorld Heist
H-Hour
Invisible Inc.
Super Time Force Ultra
Chasm
Y2K
I Am Bread

My predictions would be:

Spelunky
Binding of issac
Hotline Miami
Guacamelee
Bastion

I think you're right. Out of all the games mentioned since Fata Morgana, this one seems like it has the most realistic chance of happening for the reasons you mentioned. Would be a cool LRG release imo :)

So, what do we do now? How do we rally the troops and get the message across to LRG?!

(Are enough people gonna be interested in this game? I know I've brought it up a lot in the past and people seem kinda ehh on it)

My predictions would be:

Spelunky
Binding of issac
Hotline Miami
Guacamelee
Bastion

It won't be Binding of Isaac because Nicalis and I don't think it'll be Hotline Miami because Special Reserve Games exist.

Doug was talking about signing another SHMUP, so maybe Jamestown?

emb

We can probably narrow down some of that:
Cosmic Star Heroine - Already confirmed forever ago
Axiom Verge - We heard talks went poorly, definitely not happening.
Binding of Isaac Rebirth - Already has a regular physical release.
Transistor - Seems like they said this won't happen?
Octodad - Already happened
Dragon Fantasy Book II - Already happened?
Bastion - Seems like they said this won't happen?
Hyper Light Drifter - iam8bit
Salt and Sanctuary - Confirmed
SteamWorld Heist - Has a regular physical release

Leaving:
TowerFall
Broken Age
Apotheon
Frozen Synapse Prime
Divekick
Race the Sun
Pier Solar
Don't Starve
Hotline Miami 2?
Rogue Legacy
Guacamelee
Mercenary Kings
Dragon Fantasy Book I
Spelunky
Teslagrad
Jamestown+
Hand of Fate
Titan Souls
Galak-Z
Costume Quest 2
Hatoful Boyfriend

Magicka 2
The Escapists
Not A Hero
Energy Hook
Banner Saga?
Night in the Woods
Broforce
Samurai Gunn
Screencheat
Enter the Gungeon
Armikrog
H-Hour
Invisible Inc.
Super Time Force Ultra
Chasm
Y2K
I Am Bread

I'm sure others can probably cross other names off that list and narrow it down more. Then again, we're not even sure the game in question was actually listed out to start with. :p

Leaving:
TowerFall
Broken Age
Apotheon
Frozen Synapse Prime
Divekick
Race the Sun
Pier Solar
Don't Starve
Hotline Miami 2?
Rogue Legacy
Guacamelee
Mercenary Kings
Dragon Fantasy Book I
Spelunky
Teslagrad
Jamestown+
Hand of Fate
Titan Souls
Galak-Z
Costume Quest 2
Hatoful Boyfriend

Magicka 2
The Escapists
Not A Hero
Energy Hook
Banner Saga?
Night in the Woods
Broforce
Samurai Gunn
Screencheat
Enter the Gungeon
Armikrog
H-Hour
Invisible Inc.
Super Time Force Ultra
Chasm
Y2K
I Am Bread

I'm sure others can probably cross other names off that list and narrow it down more. Then again, we're not even sure the game in question was actually listed out to start with. :p

Bolded some more that we can cross off as they're already confirmed and underlined some that we can cross off because they'll go to Special Reserves Games if they go to anyone.

takoyaki

So, what do we do now? How do we rally the troops and get the message across to LRG?!

(Are enough people gonna be interested in this game? I know I've brought it up a lot in the past and people seem kinda ehh on it)

I think Fata Morgana and Neo Atlas would be great games for LRG to dip their toe in the publishing/localization-water because the scripts are already localized (except for the bonus content in FM), but I'm not sure how many people on GAF would be interested in Neo Atlas Vita. FM had a vocal fanbase which helped tremendously.

I'd say we wait until Shizuka has shared all of his lists, keep the discussion going, maybe have a poll or yay/nay post, find the couple of games GAF is interested in and then try our (Aokage's(?)) hands at another mock-up and share it on GAF/Twitter/LRG forums/etc.

Maybe someone from LRG could chime in if one of our final picks is completely impossible or doesn't fit what they are looking for at the moment?

edit: As for Neo Atlas, I have the Japanese Vita version and could make an Import impressions thread for that version with some pictures etc. since there's not a lot of material available online. Need to finish it first though. I'll at least bump the existing GAF thread with impressions since the Steam version is largely the same game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom