• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lionhead Studios and Press Play closed. Fable legends cancelled.

Damn. That game honestly has never looked particularly great, but they've shown it so much and for so long that I'm so surprised it's getting canceled after all this time.

Feel for all the people losing their jobs, hope they find something soon.

Zeta Oni

What?

Even with the studio closing I would imagine MS trying to keep Fable Legends alive.

What state was the game in?

Not far from being done, from the beta I played back in January.

This is crazy, I really enjoyed legends and thought it had a chance after release to get some fans who wouldn't judge it as Fable IV.

Really hope everyone rebounds.

Wow seems like a ton of work down the drain for fable . Even though it looked pretty terrible they were surely not far from a full release .

Feel bad for all the devs , shitty way to go out and another loss for first party games on Xbox .

Theorry

Not really a surprise. Must say the beta wasnt that bad. Was quite cool really. But my guess is that most people want just a normal Fable. I mean there was zero hype about this game.

ironcreed

Banned
Should have just made Fable 4. Enough people like the series just the way it was as a whimsical, magical and relaxing RPG-lite. I know I always enjoyed it for that.

I knew Fable Legends was going nowhere, said it all along.

Never quite expected this though. I think Lionhead would have been a good fit to develop a potential Minecraft sequel.

fernoca

Out of nowhere.
The constant delays of Fable Legends were a bit weird. Something must have been really wrong when they decided to just cancel it.

spekkeh

Banned
This seems to be the first of the three threads.

I mean I can imagine nobody was waiting for Legends, but surely this was known for some time now, so why let it go on for so long and then suddenly burn the whole studio down.

Maybe there's no competing with Canada's tax "breaks"?

Or is MS going to consolidate in NA? Which European studios are left?

Bizzquik

The Fable franchise deserved better than the trash Lionhead was forced into making these last times out. (The Journey, Legends)

So no first-party role-playing exclusives on Xbox, then? Time to make more shooters? May as well be GenericBox.
Not happy with this.

jelly

I'm honestly surprised Lionhead survived this long. Fable hasn't shined bright for ages, the appeal has gone way down and the studio never seemed like the creative trailblazer to warrant being around, you can only get so much time.

Hope the devs can find their feet elsewhere.

Guymelef

Remember...
"My Strategy is more around our own first party franchises, and investing in franchises that we own, and probably fewer exclusive deals for third party content. I want to have strong third party relations, but paying for many third party exclusives isn’t our long term strategy."

My God, I really didn't see that coming, I just got an update for the Beta days ago.

Even though I wasn't a fan of the game, I wish the best for the team and hope they all land on their feet.

wiibomb

oh shit... always sad to see an studio close.

was fable legends not finished? I thought I heard something about a beta some time ago

Top Bottom