• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lionhead Studios and Press Play closed. Fable legends cancelled.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Damn, it's too bad they couldn't find a market without relying on Fable in the end though. I would've loved a Black & White 3.

Spinx

what_the_fuck_shatner.gif

gossi

My NDA is no longer valid.

Fable Legends looked great (at times it was one of this gens best looking games), but it wasn't ready for prime time and felt like a mismash which didn't quite come together.

Really sad anyhow. Hope the staff get new work quick.

By the way, this means the first and only cross play Windows 10/Xbox One title has been canceled as Windows 10 Games launches.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That's shitty, I hope everyone finds their feet.

MS's newfound commitment to games going strong then...

NJD316

Neo Member
1000's of hours of work down the pan. Can't even imagine how that must feel.

Good luck to all those guys in the future.

Rembrandt

Banned
whoa and they literally just updated legends a few days ago. can't believe the whole company is gone. same for press play. max was amazing and project knoxville looked really interesting.

wonder if they'll be rebranded or what.

DeviantBoi

Bullfrog... 8 years before beings old to EA... closed 6 years later

Lionhead... 10 years before being sold to MS... closed 10 years later.

I don't think anyone is lining up to buy 22Cans.

Shinypogs

Hopefully those losing their jobs will be given ample warning and time to find new employment before the studios are shuttered.

End of an era.
Remember being hyped for Black & White, buying it at release
and ultimately being very disappointed by it.

Hope everyone lands on their feet.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Wait WTF, wasn't Fable Legends almost done though? Seems like it's been in development for a good while and they kept showing it off too. This just crazy.

Neoxon

Out of nowhere. Was Fable Legends not that far along?

Either way, I hope everyone involved lands on their feet & finds more work in the near future.

Well, fuck it.

And that release is the usual double speak bullshit: "We're firing these guys, but look over here, games from other places to distract from thinking about that."

Hope everyone from both teams finds success somewhere else.

Top Bottom