• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

wouwie

So curious - for all of you getting the game who's digital and who's physical?

Ordered a physical copy for myself

LBP is one of the few games i'm buying digital (assuming reviews are solid). With LBP 2, during many months after release, i kept checking new user created content on a daily/weekly basis and it was annoying to not have it on my harddrive. If you aren't planning on selling the game and if you intend to create or check out user created content on a regular basis, going digital is definately something to consider. That being said, i kind of miss having a boxed version (cover is really nice too).

Here's the tweet for anyone who missed it:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/532603214961848321

@jasonschreier

Ha - last night, hours after we said we won't honor post-release embargoes, Sony moved LBP3's release-day embargo from 6am PT to midnight.

Edit: If I read that right it's midnight PT - which is still 3 am EST.

Edit 2: Well it looks like this guy is putting up a review at Midnight EST - so maybe that's when the embargo ends? That's also when the game unlocks digitally, FYI

https://twitter.com/GameGuyPGH/status/534424312997249025
@GameGuyPGH 2h2 hours ago

LittleBigPlanet 3 review will be live at midnight EST. Smash Bros. review will be live on Wednesday.

Been playing for a bit and opening the popit freezes for a few seconds and navigating to the different menus inside do the same.

Weird, I didn't notice this in the streams I saw on the weekend. Is this with the patch installed?

Also - are you sure the game isn't still installing from disc? I've seen all types of weird performance problems during that process

Weird, I didn't notice this in the streams I saw on the weekend. Is this with the patch installed?

Also - are you sure the game isn't still installing from disc? I've seen all types of weird performance problems during that process

Yeah I've got the 1.01 patch. I suppose it's possible it's still background installing but it started hours ago.

Anyone not getting the game right away want to join my shareplay session tonight?

Ooooohhhhh, please let me! Well, my wife actually.

She loves LBP more than any game out there and it's not even close. In fact, we bought our third PS4 just for her to play this. She never buys anything expensive. She had to play it on a PS4, though. :)

Can reviews even properly assess the potential of this game? So much of its content lies in both the creation tools and long term community created content, the former of which I doubt most reviewers will have either the time or ability to dig into very deeply, and the latter will not even be available at launch.

I would guess that most reviews will just be focused on the single player campaign and co-op experience.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The only thing that could make this game bad are technical issues.

I was in the beta, I've watched far too much of the story levels (which I now regret) and you can see quite clearly how the levels posses those unique ideas only the community can bring to the franchise. It plays like a dream too.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
7 and a half hours 'til I can get my copy. I guess I may as well play Unity for the last time while I wait.

Wow, he made that really damn quickly. The guns they showed off in the E3 demos seemed much more complicated.

It all comes down to design complexity. Making something silly like that dinosaur gun takes no time at all. Something with more advanced controls would take a little longer.

Euron

The Story Mode is such a minuscule part of LBP, the real meat is the vast amount of Community Levels. 16 Layers alone makes this a massive improvement over LBP2. The only reason it should ever get anything less than good reviews is if the online portion simply does not work properly like in recent releases (Driveclub and MCC)

Has no one managed to grab this early? Was wondering how the campaign is, as I won't have time to mess with the creation tools at all. Of course the community levels are the real attraction, but those take a while to flower.

zinder

I've heard that you can't carry over your DLCs from PS3 to PS4 edition. Is this true? Also, does the game have cross-gen multiplayer?

ascii42

I've heard that you can't carry over your DLCs from PS3 to PS4 edition. Is this true? Also, does the game have cross-gen multiplayer?

From the OP
Your DLC Collection Carries On!
You will be able to bring all of your LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 Level Packs straight to LittleBigPlanet 3, along with your entire wardrobe of outfits for your Sackboy or Sackgirl! So if you have a whopping collection of goodies that you have purchased over the last six years, you can be rest assured that a simple re-download from LBP3’s in-game store will add your favorite content back into your Popit for use in LittleBigPlanet 3 at no additional cost.

No cross-gen multiplayer, though.

The only thing that could make this game bad are technical issues.

There are some, few times game would not respawn after death, resulting in having to restart the entire level. And some deaths are due to the game placing you in a random layer that has no floor or other elements. This also results in sometimes falling off the map. Visible popin in some larger levels when moving fast.

Nothing too serious though.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
There are some, few times game would not respawn after death, resulting in having to restart the entire level. And some deaths are due to the game placing you in a random layer that has no floor or other elements. This also results in sometimes falling off the map. Visible popin in some larger levels when moving fast.

I've not seen any of that in the videos and streams I've watched, and it definitely wasn't in the beta.

This is the first I've heard of any of that. Maybe a bad/corrupt installation?

Korten

Banned
It's hard to think of the embargo as bad in this case... We saw the beta, we've seen stream. Has there really been anything "bad" that people are getting angry about? Thus far everything I've heard about the game has been positive.

Osahi

Can reviews even properly assess the potential of this game? So much of its content lies in both the creation tools and long term community created content, the former of which I doubt most reviewers will have either the time or ability to dig into very deeply, and the latter will not even be available at launch.

I would guess that most reviews will just be focused on the single player campaign and co-op experience.

The creations of the beta haven't been reset, so some great community stuff was available for reviewers.

All previous content is available (or will eventually be made available) through the store on the PS4. Any content you've already purchased will be free to download, as expected. ALL LBP1 content is automatically downloaded to your PS4. ALL LBP2 content is automatically downloaded to your PS4 IF you have the pins for every story level, which you get automatically when you finish those story levels. Just to clarify, when I say ALL content for LBP1/LBP2, I mean literally ALL the content, even if you never actually got the prize bubble when you played it on the PS3.

To get the content in the level packs, you have to play them again on the PS4.
About the bolded, so if I didn't ace one level of the 5, I'll still get ALL content so long as I beat the world? That's nice. I only need to ace that fireflies one and the one with the flaming sackbots after your ship has crashed. I hate dying at the second parts of those levels.

However, I do not look forward to having to redo the MGS missions and such to unlock everything again. I wish they could fix that. That alone makes me want to stick with PS3 =/.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
About the bolded, so if I didn't ace one level of the 5, I'll still get ALL content so long as I beat the world? That's nice. I only need to ace that fireflies one and the one with the flaming sackbots after your ship has crashed. I hate dying at the second parts of those levels.

However, I do not look forward to having to redo the MGS missions and such to unlock everything again. I wish they could fix that. That alone makes me want to stick with PS3 =/.

All you needed to have done was beat the level.

berzeli

Banned
The only differences between ps3 and ps4 are graphical or related to the share functionality, right?

I really am looking forward to it, but I probably won't be able to get it on release, damn financial constraints.

Yes, you just need to have beaten the levels to get you everything in LBP2.
Forgive my ignorance but I want to be super sure: I don't have to ace a dlc pack to get the rewards for acing the levels? I get them just for clearing the stage? (I'm bein this thick because I have multiple questions/comments in my posts and I'm not totally sure which you're answering lol).

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Forgive my ignorance but I want to be super sure: I don't have to ace a dlc pack to get the rewards for acing the levels? I get them just for clearing the stage? (I'm bein this thick because I have multiple questions/comments in my posts and I'm not totally sure which you're answering lol).

LBP1 stuff you just get given
LBP2 stuff you just need the pins for each level
DLC you have to play again to unlock the content.

LBP1 stuff you just get given
LBP2 stuff you just need the pins for each level
DLC you have to play again to unlock the content.
Dang. Well maybe I'll wait until they can fix that because I remember a lot of work being required to get everything in some of those levels, of which I probably no longer have the reflexes/patience/time for =/.

Thank you for the help.

If it makes you feel any better, my ps3 died about 2 years ago and the I did not know the name of my ps3, so my backup would not restore to a different ps3 of the same model. I lost EVERYTHING. I had to re-ace and refind every item in 1 and 2 so I could have them for 3. I also lost a good bit of unpublished levels including one that was like 95% done.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Dang. Well maybe I'll wait until they can fix that because I remember a lot of work being required to get everything in some of those levels, of which I probably no longer have the reflexes/patience/time for =/.

Thank you for the help.

There is a work around: Put the content you unlocked into prize bubbles and publish the level on your Earth via the PS3. Then go to that Earth on your PS4 and collect the bubbles. It means they will be in your community section instead of your main menu, but at least you can use them once you've downloaded the DLC on the PS4. I'm doing that with the MOVE pack.

Top Bottom