• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Gravity Falls Level Kit DLC.

Just for the fans plz.
toggle just makes the perfect soos

tumblr_morgpljO8i1rghkxeo1_400.gif

and the GF setting is really good for some puzzle platforming action.

Stealth50

Does anyone know if there has been any UI innovations? I already saw that the level completion screen has been a bit improved and that I can sort favorite levels into categories (at least from LBP.me), but anything else?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Does anyone know if there has been any UI innovations? I already saw that the level completion screen has been a bit improved and that I can sort favorite levels into categories (at least from LBP.me), but anything else?

The only big change I've noticed as far as UI is concerned (assuming you mean whilst in the game) is the community level selection screen. It's much better now with all categories lined up across the top of the screen, and they scroll rather like the XMB on the PS4. But that's about it.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I already own the MGS DLC. But I only bought the DC Comics level on Vita. Can I buy the DC Comics Consoke level through LBP3 or do I need to purchase it on the PS3 or through the web store?

Over to you Mcbradder!

I haven't got a clue. I'm not even sure it's the same DLC. If I had to guess though, I'd say no because the levels will be designed specifically for the Vita, meaning they ARE two completely separate DLCs.

You can buy the DLC on the PS3 and then use it on the PS4. That's all I can answer with certainty.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Over to you Mcbradder!

I haven't got a clue. I'm not even sure it's the same DLC. If I had to guess though, I'd say no because the levels will be designed specifically for the Vita, meaning they ARE two completely separate DLCs.

You can buy the DLC on the PS3 and then use it on the PS4. That's all I can answer with certainty.

XD

I already own the MGS DLC. But I only bought the DC Comics level on Vita. Can I buy the DC Comics Consoke level through LBP3 or do I need to purchase it on the PS3 or through the web store?

You can purchase it directly in LittleBigPlanet 3 through the in-game store. Gribble is right, the Vita and console level packs are their own separate thing.

Sooooooo looking forward to getting this. I spen 100s of hours creating in the other 2 games. If anyone needs some more friends, feel free to hit me up, psn is hellmonkey69. I have no idea when ill get into create made with this, but hot damn, im excited.

Stealth50

The only big change I've noticed as far as UI is concerned (assuming you mean whilst in the game) is the community level selection screen. It's much better now with all categories lined up across the top of the screen, and they scroll rather like the XMB on the PS4. But that's about it.
Okey.

Another question then, though I suppose we would have heard about it by now if it was in the game. Will there be any tablet support? Like in Playroom where you can draw objects and throw into the game, among other things? I really think that tablets would be a nice addition to create mode.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Okey.

Another question then, though I suppose we would have heard about it by now if it was in the game. Will there be any tablet support? Like in Playroom where you can draw objects and throw into the game, among other things? I really think that tablets would be a nice addition to create mode.

NOPE.

At least not at launch but who knows what they have planned for the future.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okey.

I think the only use of a second screen is for you to watch tutorials on tools for create mode. Or something like that.

Over to you Mcbradder!

XD

You can purchase it directly in LittleBigPlanet 3 through the in-game store. Gribble is right, the Vita and console level packs are their own separate thing.

Right, I knew they were seperate levels . Glad to hear that I can buy previous DLCs through the in-game store UI.

So if someone is playing couch co op with me on the same console, signed in as them, will they be able to earn their own trophies this time?

I know someone else asked in this thread but never saw it answered.

So what are the predictions for this?

It seems like it is getting little or no advertising or promotion

Sony's been promoting it steadily on their Twitter/Youtube channels and TV ads are running as well.

However due to Black Friday bundles and digital purchases, I don't think anyone expects the game to show up on NPD chart for November, especially considering all the other games releasing. LBP is not a series that generates big day 1 numbers but that doesn't make it a bomb. We won't really know how it's done until 6-12 months down the road.

Deadstar

Anyone know if community level load times have improved? The worst part about those levels is they took 2 minutes plus to load. I ended up just turning off the game in most cases.

Wait, people are thinking this won't sell? This is LBP! Everyone loves LBP.

Stealth50

Anyone know if community level load times have improved? The worst part about those levels is they took 2 minutes plus to load. I ended up just turning off the game in most cases.
Yeah, I also really hope that the new dynamic thermo can improve load times and that the PS4 can auto-download my queued levels from LBP.me.

Korten

Banned
Wonder if the lack of a huge marketing is the reason for the embargo being tonight. I remember Total Biscuit said that sometimes (not all cases) that embargo's are just before release sometimes to remind people that yes, this game is coming out soon.

Loudninja

Wonder if the lack of a huge marketing is the reason for the embargo being tonight. I remember Total Biscuit said that sometimes (not all cases) that embargo's are just before release sometimes to remind people that yes, this game is coming out soon.
The game is not lacking marketing people have seen several tv ads.

Not to mention the Black Friday bundle that's being advertise.

Media coverage online hasnt been the best, but TV spots are presumably better for attention. I just wish reviews would come in now rather than later, since people may purchase the other big titles based on reviews that are already out

LoveCake

Aww that Swoop looks cute.

I have never got on with the LBP games, i dunno why, i may pick this up when it's cheaper though.

Here in America, during the NFL games(I have Sunday Ticket) LBP3 commercials came on throughout early and late games that's about 6 hours of tv viewing.

Jeels

Went ahead and pre-ordered this on PSN since LBP Vita folks are working on this.

So... will previous LBP 1 & 2 DLC work straight out in this? Like the Metal Gear & DC Comics levels? I'd love to be able to play them on PS4.

Oh wow, I did not know this. Lbp vita was the best lbp.

TheMink

I'm so freaking hyped for this.

The 3D levels look absolutely incredible.

Physics look super tight as well.

Want to see Crash and Mario 64 remakes.

I'm so freaking hyped for this.

The 3D levels look absolutely incredible.

Physics look super tight as well.

Want to see Crash and Mario 64 remakes.

Oh wow, you just made me realise, there's going to be loads of levels mimicking the old-school Crash games now that these new features are in place.

Yeeeeeeeeees!

So curious - for all of you getting the game who's digital and who's physical?

Ordered a physical copy for myself

Digital, couple reasons.

1) Looks like a game that will hold up for years

2) Looks like a game I'd play if I could just click a button on it, but not one I'd play if I had to get up to change discs

Oh wow, you just made me realise, there's going to be loads of levels mimicking the old-school Crash games now that these new features are in place.

Yeeeeeeeeees!
They're going to work so well. Controls are simple - they only need to add a spin and maybe a double jump and dash if they're looking to imitate Warped. Then just flip the camera around, and bam. Crash Bandicoot.

I'm going digital as well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Physical here. I can count on my disc-protection (read: storage) skills more than I can Sony's servers.

delSai

I went physical because it was a pre-order promotion for $20 off. I have my copy sitting beside me in fact.

Damn! I had a Get 10 Off a 50 € order Code for Amazon but deleted it cuz i thought i wouldn't use it anyway but i could've used it to get LBP with the amazing Playstation Costumes Dlc, fuck me :(

Top Bottom